Ambre Russe 2005

Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire
Bottle Design Bel Epok
Ambre Russe is a popular perfume by Parfum d'Empire for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesChampagneChampagne VodkaVodka
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbergrisAmbergris CorianderCoriander CuminCumin TeaTea CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather VanillaVanilla FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 17.07.2022.

Kurai
Still waiting for that amber
Well, the diversity in this perfume's reviews is extreme. Mostly on the positive side, but it seems people's scent impressions are all over the spectrum. Either this one simply has a different effect on everyone's skin and nose or it has undergone a couple of revisions over time. So I just couldn't resist to stoke the confusion a bit further.

Ambre Russe has a lively opening. There's supposed to be a boozy aspect here - wodka? champagne? - but I guess that already fleeted before it even hit my skin. Instead, I get a strong leather accord. A rough, birch-tar type of leather. Coriander seeds give the whole a dusty, dry structure. From then onward it is this leather-coriander combination, where the leather seems to settle down and the coriander remains the most active. When sniffed up close, I get more nuances. A tiny bit of cumin and a little smokiness that is closer to tea than to incense. Eventually the leather settles down into a smooth but animalic type. The coriander seeds are of the stubborn type and take a few hours to fade out.

I do not get any ambery impression at all. This scent is not warm and glowing gold. It is dusty dry and at times even cold, especially in the first few hours. This coldness may very well be from the ambergris, which I feel is more a component of the leather accord. Actually, I find this characteristic highly enjoyable. I just anticipated something completely different.

And then.. the drydown. It is in one word Glorious! Finally, and I mean 6-8 hours into the experience, the whole warms up. Still not glowing ambery, though. In my perception it is the leather or perhaps castoreum doing its work. Bits of spice and smoke continue to come and go. Delicious, really.

Anyway, this will be a certain addition to my collection. Highly recommended for a winter evening.

WildGardener
Something isn't happening, and I don't know what it is...
The opening is fine, a flourish of smells. But they inevitably fade out leaving a dry woody Amber; with incense, a touch of dried fruit, and a note of burnt sugar like
immortelle.

It’s not bad, but personally I won’t be wearing it. Nothing against Ambre Russe, it’s a nuanced work. But there’s not enough going for many ambers to make me wanna buy them, I think there’s something lacking in the genre.
Not sure what that would be though...

Vodka !
This is a true Russian inspired perfume witht that beautiful and realistic vodka note at the top, unfortunatelly it fades away rather quickly. And then the rest of the magic starts with the ambery, slightly sweet scent with the tea, leather,amber and champagne note. One might be a bit confused if this really is a boozy scent in the sense of being vodka’ish or if it could be cognac’y due to the alcoholic Vibe plus all the ambery and other sweet notes it mozes with. I mostly get the vodka Vibe from it, and after Half an hour, i start getting a lot of that champagne/leather. Amazing scent and for the Price you cannot go wrong with this House. Just amazing. .
My Amber Number 16
Parfum d'Empire - Ambre Russe

MI6 - London

Curiosity is a delicate task when it comes to questioning the internal workings of an Empire. We have not yet had a case to solve politically. The specifications are encrypted in such a way that you would need an Enigma machine, as usual in the secret service, or you would have to install the decryption module, Switzerland Chropty or similar yourself, as usual, and have direct access to the most secretive secrets via German-American channels. Was the Rubicon crossed here?

We're being set up to track down Ambre Russe. The name alone makes us skeptical. We read Russian, but French. Which power has the trump'f here?

Clearly we are to be deceived with champagne and vodka, but the thought of simple plum, slivovitz from the Balkans, comes to mind. We do not discover champagne. Only schnapps.

Contemporary fake ?

With adhesive plasters we are stuck for a long time in strong animalism, pungent cumin and coriander and wait. Waiting up to two hours to get on with the investigation. We are presented with brown mists of serenity.

But finally dawns up: a friendly laughing brown, like from nutshells. The adhesive plaster is removed and we discover a strong tobacco scent. American Virginia Shag, finely cut and sweetened. And honey and leather
We are now quite close to the solution of our case and allow ourselves a break in Madame Lablanche's antechamber, on elegant leather cushions. Polished suede is accompanied by creamy, soft ambergris and subtle musk from the Frankfurt bull. A slightly flowery sweetness of caramel and vanilla gives us the taste of the crispy bread rolls, delicately underlaid with political incense. The background noise is not the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. It is a fine room fragrance of delicate sweetness, which we still hold in our hands after hours. As the sum of the secrets of Parfum d!Empire.

Real champagne, with the sign of the Gallic Rooster and vodka from the Russian Bear is now a pleasure for us.

À la Vôtre.

8.0 / 8.0 / 7.0 / 8.0

Tsaric Splendor
I read that another reviewer found that this mind-bending lustrous concoction , starts off like the tigress-natured "Obsession" CK. Only to transform into a primordial Amber, may I add.
The depths of Hades, of the original edition , "Amber Sultan" Serge Lutens, the Ancients invoking "Akkad" Lubin and animalic nature "Labdanum18" LeLabo, have a new star amongst their RADIANT constellation.
The clear alcoholic opening is followed by a stellar explosion of amber. So bright that it's almost blinding!
There are constant micro bursts of cinnamon, spices, incense and heavy labdanum/dark vanilla.
The sky, in which "Ambre Russe" radiates is crystalline cold, but as soon as it touches ones warm skin, it starts vibrating, summoning Helios, himself, in his chariot of fire. Burning across the sky, smokeless.
Unfortunately I don't get any birch, leather.
The sillage is big and the longevity even bigger.
I think for now I've found my extrovert-solar-Amber universe.

Ambre Russe
Truly a captivating scent from a very under-discussed fragrance house, there is a reason this one has become one of my favourites and here are just a few reasons why...

Ambre Russe
With the advent of the winter season, my heart and nose crave for a full-bodied perfume that would be capable of filling my nostrils with joy and excitement, so scarce in the bleak days of winter. Since I am a self-confessed amber fanatic, I've decided to sample several scents containing this note. And thus I've discovered “Ambre Russe” from Parfum d'Empire.

“Ambre Russe” represents an olfactory impression of Tsarist Russia, with all its glory and demise. To me, a romanticised (and clichéd!) image of Russia includes a snow-covered land, with a troika passing through it swiftly, with its passengers who can't wait to drink hot, sweet tea from a samovar or a glass of (omnipresent) vodka. Although “Ambre Russe” might not evoke all of these images, it does offer us a phantasmagorical peek into the opulence of aristocratic palaces as well as the imperial court. It's presented as “boozy amber”, which is actually the most appropriate way of describing it. The booziness is predominant in the head, whereas in the heart the honeyed sweetness of tea and amber gradually take over the reins. The base of the fragrance features incense and musk, which bring out its sexy, if not animalic, character.

I must admit I was smitten by “Ambre Russe” the moment I smelled it for the first time. It's an extroverted, long-lasting and immensely satisfying perfume. It's perfect for those who, during freezing winters, find solace in their fragrance. Kudos, Marc-Antoine Corticchiato!

Ambre!
I'm wearing it today and the opening is similar to Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens but after some hours the dry down it is very similar to Miyako by Annayake!

Ambre Russe
This fragrance opens with sweet aroma of resins and spices. Amber and leather accords are at the base of this opulent composition. The leather accord is particularly dominant in the early stages of the scent, its dark and animal features remind me of Cuir Mauresque, but it is more delicate than the Serge Lutens. After roughly one and a half hour the leather accord slowly vanishes. As the incense, spices and powdery notes retire, a rich amber accord gains prominence. Its perfectly balanced sweet and salty nature defines the heart of the fragrance, creating a very pleasant and modern olfactory experience. Sadly the main accord loses a lot of its initial power as it develops, after four hours the whole fragrance disappears with a honeyed whisper of nutty amber.

MiaTrost
An almost perfect take on amber
Ambre Russe is supposed to be an opulent tribute to the flamboyant spledour of imperial Russia. Images of blaze and glory, champagne and vodka are portrayed on Parfums d’Empire’s site. Albeit, how the latter is supposed to smell is beyond me, for vodka of high quality is characterised by absence of smell amongst others. The also referenced scent of tea brewing in a samovar in a cosy dacha, melding with flavours of herbs, spices and leather, pictures a rustic side to it. Whether those stereotypes appeal to you or not, they do imply a contrasting theme.

Ambre Russe’s boozy beginning features a herbal, slightly medicinal facet and constitutes a captivating impression – opinions differ on this opening without doubt. Swiftly amber tunes in as undercurrent and initially presents itself a tad too pale for my liking. Presumably this is ambergris’ doing, although I know it to bring about luminous charisma rather than being feeble. However, all is made up for as the scent further unfolds. A smoky element emerges with a dusty incense nuance and plays cleverly at a dry side, thereby attaining refinement. Glances of that boozy-medicinal facet counteract intriguingly, making for a sleek and accomplished contrast.
Whilst the amber morphs into a more profound appearance, it keeps the parched spices and herbal character. Compared to other ambers, its herbal trait is less opaque than it is in Ambre Sultan and Ambre Précieux is more luscious. However, when the leather comes into the picture, mingling exquisitely with the incense, Ambre Russe becomes a seamless and rather sophisticated composition and eventually does play off that smouldering note of vanilla-sweet.

Ambre Russe features a brilliantly polished contrast of succulent and dry. It is elegant and despite its complexity never excessive. I do love its finesse and ingenuity and if it was not for that pale interlude, it would be a perfect take on amber in my book.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 months ago
Initially juicy and aromatic spicy-boozy, a smooth and creamy oriental spicy-sweet Winter fragrance, on a warm and musky spicy-leathery base
Pietros921Pietros921 5 years ago
Business fragrance ! Gets you noticed and lots of compliments, is also sexy but Just way too good to be worn daily. Worth trying in the offi

by EauMySoul
by CountZero
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular by Parfum d'Empire

Tabac Tabou by Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire Aziyadé by Parfum d'Empire Azemour Les Orangers by Parfum d'Empire Mal-Aimé by Parfum d'Empire Le Cri / Le Cri de la Lumière by Parfum d'Empire Eau Suave by Parfum d'Empire Equistrius by Parfum d'Empire Wazamba by Parfum d'Empire Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale by Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite by Parfum d'Empire Iskander by Parfum d'Empire Immortelle Corse by Parfum d'Empire Acqua di Scandola by Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin (Extrait de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin (Eau de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire (Eau de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Salute ! by Parfum d'Empire Yuzu Fou by Parfum d'Empire