Azemour Les Orangers 2011

Azemour Les Orangers by Parfum d'Empire
Bottle Design Bel Epok
Azemour Les Orangers is a popular perfume by Parfum d'Empire for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is citrusy-green. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesClementineClementine GalbanumGalbanum GrapefruitGrapefruit CorianderCoriander CuminCumin Mandarin orangeMandarin orange OrangeOrange Pink pepperPink pepper BlackcurrantBlackcurrant Black pepperBlack pepper CitronCitron
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium NeroliNeroli Orange blossomOrange blossom RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesHenna inkHenna ink HayHay MossMoss SaltSalt

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.09.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Orange-cumin cologne
FYI, Mr Corticchiato was born and raised amongst orange trees in the coastal region of Azemmour. Obviously, that was the inspiration for this perfume here. Hence the name. What makes this more than 'just another ode to the orange tree' is the way this wears on skin and its sophisticated progression over time.

Azemour has a spicy citrus opening, with a very realistic orange smell. A pleasant first impression, somewhat classical cologne-ish, but not quite amazing. Not yet, that is. The development that follows is what makes this stand out from the rest of the spicy-cologne genre. The whole warms up a bit with a green-resin-oakmoss base. The cumin note is kind of strong, maybe that is not to everyone's liking. In my opinion it fits in perfectly with both the oranges from the opening and the greens in the end.

The result is a casual fresh cologne with sophisticated plot. Again, a very successful release from Parfum d'Empire. Highly recommended.

Orange of the earth
This review is based on the current bottle/formulation and as I have never tried any vintage, I cannot speak to what this is like now.
I feel this house in general is probably overlooked a little bit here in fragcult, but that is fine with me.

As always, comments are loved, likes are appreciated, and subscribers are my friends.

Concentrated light
When you reach for a bottle with Parfums d'Empire on it, you know you're getting the finest quality and finest fragrances. Almost always. "Azemour Les Orangers" is no exception
A green-yellow Garden of Eden - lush, gentle, warm. Rays of sun, classical music, no danger. Paradisiacal conditions. That's what this blissful little fragrance exudes. A bouquet of clementines. And lemons. And tangerines. And oranges. Simply delicious, fresh, watery, mouthwatering. You don't want to get too close with your nose or eyes - for fear that the citric acids could be harmful ;-). Much rather the peel than the pulp. Completely natural and untreated, bitter, non-slip, rich in texture. Simply rejoicingly beautiful. This is what the angels sing and wiggle their bulging butts. A simple fragrance - and yet filled with amazing love, attention to detail, memories and passion. Very close to mastery. But you have to have a little patience, a penchant for understatement and a nose for different citrus fruits.

Flacon: boring and yet noble
Sillage: airy, loose, light
Durability: home cooking - 4-6 hours (due to the high content of citric substances)

Conclusion: a pleasant, almost perfect spring garden full of hissing and tingling and brightness - joy of beautiful god sparks!
In the Gardens of the Seraglio
You shouldn't even be living with me Actually, I had sworn to myself that only fragrances on my really small wish list would be allowed to enter my perfume drawer. But I don't give a damn about yesterday's talk!
During a wonderfully relaxing visit to my hometown Vienna, which is traditionally always crowned by a little sniff of perfume - I reported elsewhere that it was already getting out of hand - I actually tested "Azemour Les Orangers" rather by chance.
First carefully sprayed onto a strip of fragrance, I was immediately enchanted by the radiant orange and citrus freshness. It's the oily smell that comes from peeling oranges, or even more so when pulling orange and lemon zests. Not the sweeter smell of the juice, but a fresh explosion of bitter-citric-tart, which makes me take a deep breath.
At the moment my lunch consists of yoghurt with fresh fruits. An orange is almost always there and every time I peel an orange, I sniff it on my wrist: Yup, that's exactly how it is, this top note of "Azemour", exactly like the most beautiful, juicy, fresh orange peel! I imagine that I can clearly smell the lemon, which I also appreciate in other fragrances because of its less glistening lemon, which is somehow always a little less pointed than lemon and looks darker and therefore more elegant.
Here is a little excursion to all those who smell cleaning products with orange scent: I can absolutely understand that, but my nose rejoices at "Azemour" and states that this is "the real thing" - as I said: I can't stop comparing the scent of the fresh bowl with the perfume every now and then, that's how fascinated I am by this beginning.
But the brilliant orange tone is only the beginning. Fascinated, I continue to breathe deeply, while a wonderful round of white flowers joins in. Orange blossom without doubt, I would also believe jasmine and a little later rose in addition. The fragrance remains without (artificial) sweetness, but rather gains a slightly peppery, fruity and woody spiciness. A little green is added as if lost in thought and quite naturally and complements the bright picture in the most beautiful way. In the very background I perceive a quiet clean salt note. It seems to be exclusively designed to trigger acute wanderlust in me.

Wanderlust for never seen orange groves, for gardens in the middle of clear desert air, jealously protected by high walls. But every now and then a light breeze from the sea lifts, quietly moves the crowns of the old trees that rise above the wall and gently brings me a gift: the scent of flowers, spices and fruits, the fragrance of Azemour Les Orangers...
under Christine's heaven
This bottling reached me of gold, but originally comes from Yatagan (I know his handwriting well). This shows how small our fragrance world is; everything finds its intended goal!
The fragrances of "Parfums d'Empire", which I was allowed to test, I like them all; they have something very special without spreading much screaming.
Yes, even "Le Cri" is not a hooligan, but rather a loving call that goes to the heart!

"Azemour les Orangers" immediately reminds me of Christine Kaufmann's book "The Sky over Tangier" This is a book in which reading unconsciously leads to a fragrant orange grove: each page breathes the fragrant beauty of a wide variety of citrus fruits in their different degrees of ripeness and states.
Sure, a book for women, written by an extraordinary woman.
But it is precisely these fragrant moments that Christine has captured in her perfume "Claire" (dedicated to her granddaughter). I reported about it here at an appropriate place. But that's only in passing.

Yatagan doesn't make it easy for me to follow him with a comment; I can only agree with him in so many things.
A walk in a fertile garden by the sea; a light touch of salt is in the air.
A soft breeze plays with the dark green varnished leaves and lets airy shadows dance.
All this underlines the Mediterranean freshness in a unique way.
A bit of pepper to perfume the fruit variety in a pleasant way; a magic dose of galbanum: yes, resin fits perfectly! It underlines without getting loud - binds a little the different scents.
Rose geranium and beautiful, not overbred roses represent the pure flower fraction; here they are lively and friendly, not luxurious and distinguished!
Everything fits and the base gives this spirit of the air a certain ground contact.
So this delightful fragrance balloon cannot fly away so quickly; for fleeting is he, this aesthete!

"Azemour les Orangers" is a fragrance to slow down, to feel good and to linger, to read a few pages in the seductive shade of all these aromatic scented creatures, under the soft murmur of the distant sea.
It invites you to dream and seduces you to pick a ripe fruit from the fully-branched, fragrant trees every now and then!

A Moroccan dream!
Brought into fragrant form, available at the touch of a button and a surprising addition to one of my favourite books.

I thank you both for this joy!

1 short view on the fragrance
OPomoneOPomone 7 years ago
Mr Corticchiato is a magician and my friend the neroli told me so this morning.
Those who dislike Azemour have something against their childlike part.

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Parfum d'Empire

Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire Tabac Tabou by Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire Aziyadé by Parfum d'Empire Mal-Aimé by Parfum d'Empire Le Cri / Le Cri de la Lumière by Parfum d'Empire Eau Suave by Parfum d'Empire Equistrius by Parfum d'Empire Wazamba by Parfum d'Empire Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite by Parfum d'Empire Immortelle Corse by Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale by Parfum d'Empire Iskander by Parfum d'Empire Acqua di Scandola by Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire (Eau de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin (Eau de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin (Extrait de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Salute ! by Parfum d'Empire Yuzu Fou by Parfum d'Empire