Cuir Ottoman 2006

Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire
Bottle Design Bel Epok
Cuir Ottoman is a popular perfume by Parfum d'Empire for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is leathery-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesIrisIris
Tolu balmTolu balm
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 17.07.2021.

The best
If you like Leather, go for it without thinking. One of my favorites, and I also have a version from 2012, the first ?. Opening with a note of iris very well worked around the leather then comes the note of leather which reminds me of the smell of old jackets in Schott leathers. The outfit is crazy and the evolution superb. perfume is very special for me ?. It was with him that I discovered the world of niche perfumes a few years ago. So when I feel it I have a lot of good memories of a shop that comes back to me ....
Leather pants
"Oh Anne, why don't you put this on, I'm sure it'll look great on you! "
So or so similar always sound the sentences of my sister, if she has spent again coal, which she actually does not have, for clothes. She then wants to sell it to me.
"Are you crazy, I'm over 40, I'm definitely not wearing the leather pants. I'm not Tina Turner, I'm not Nena, I'm not a panic musician."
"Oh God, when did you become so stuffy? Now look at them at least once."
"All right.... at least there are no strings, rhinestones or studs."
"Sach ma, geht's noch, die ist voll classy ! "
" Yes yes, exactly...well give it here, I'll put it on, although I can't imagine it."
CLATTER ! " Awesome, it looks great on you, even your stuffy flower blouse goes with it ! "
"Ouch...hmm, I have to give you beast actually times right, nix traditional costumes, Suzi Quatro or Rockerclub....a second skin, for the Friesian butt as made ! "

So similar to the leather bux, I also came to
'Cuir Ottoman' by Parfum d'Empire . Quite "Friesin- researches " I was happy to enter new fragrance paths, but leather ? Leather is quite abgekultet here at Parfumo, the more oblique the better, and I have' not even ne leather jacket....
Well, 'Cuir Ottoman' was but in the sample fund, so the 'Ottoman leather' (not sofa) is also tried.
Well, what can I say, this leather is sexy, charming, with a little bit of edge and warming spice. It's perfect for leather novices!
At the beginning, leather rubs up against iris and jasmine, and doesn't really seem to like them. It's only when balsamic notes intervene that things settle down, and the leather accord becomes softer and sweeter. With the help of tonka and vanilla, this peace lasts for several hours. I am really quite in love, the leather scent is not put on and I do not feel dressed up.

As a Dr. of chemistry and trained perfumer Marc- Antoine Corticchiato understands his craft, and has me a fragrance tailored to the body, this Buxe I do not give again!

Shape shifter
A gorgeous, resinous and very wearable leather scent. Pure pleasure and a wrist sniffer! I have had it in my collection for a few years and I am loving it more and more. The opening is a full blast of animalic leather but it softens up in less than half an hour to a wonderful combo with the perfect proportions of jasmine, resins, incense and the shape shifting leather that becomes suede.

Suedey leather
Stunningly beautiful, iris resting on a suede like leather that is not at all synthetic. It's one of those rare scents that makes you stop,inhale and smile to yourself. The incense and resins are beautifully blended and the floral element does not ever overtake the leather. Just mesmerising

Cuir Ottoman
“Cuir Ottoman” from Parfum d'Empire contains the most authentic rendition of leather I've experienced so far. Like in all other fragrances from this house, in “Cuir Ottoman” Marc-Antoine Corticchiato draws his inspiration from history, namely from the once powerful and feared Ottoman Empire. Nonetheless, what he's created is by no means a suffocating, dusty-and-musty scent of the forgotten past. On the contrary, “Cuir Ottoman” is a modern, effervescent perfume, packed with top-quality ingredients.

The presence of the leather note becomes unmistakeably obvious from the very beginning. It's dominant and harsh, but, at the same time, incredibly true to life. To me, “Cuir Ottoman” is unique in the fact that its leather never completely evaporates as its vestiges are also perceptible in the base. The initial harshness of the leather is curbed first by benzoin and tolu balsam, and later on by tonka bean and vanilla, which not only act as softeners, but also provide the perfume with a hint of sweetness.

“Cuir Ottoman” is a potent scent, predominantly aimed at leather note lovers. I truly admire the amount of imagination and expertise that must have gone into the creation of this beautiful fragrance. There can be no doubt Parfum d'Empire represents niche perfumery at its very best!

Cuir Ottoman
This fragrance opens with a smooth leather accord. It is neither sweet like Daim Blond, nor dry like Cuir d’Iris; the accord is just perfect and exudes the elegance of a Chanel quilted lambskin bag. In its mid-development the scent shifts slightly towards an iris-violet accord with a chocolate-patchouli base. The base is especially well-done and enhances the vanishing impression of creamy dove-grey leather.

Cuir Ottoman
excellent quality from a house that deserve more and more ,this is a superb classy leather fragrance not disturbing as some other leather scent but perfectely sweetened by iris and ambery notes ,an olphactive travel in a beautiful turkish hareem where your skin will receive a soft sensual touch .stunning fragrance

Greysolon
The dance of leather and amber
When you come across the word “cuir” in the name of a perfume you know, of course, to expect a leather-centric fragrance. However, limiting Cuir Ottoman to the class of leather fragrances misses the equally prominent role amber plays in the overall profile of the scent. The amber accord is rich and complex yet beautifully balanced to the namesake leather. I especially like how perfumer Marc-Antoine Corticchiato achieves this balance. I'm drawn to fragrances that are in constant motion; shifting and sharing prominence between multiple notes and accords. Diptyque's 34 Boulevard St. Germain is a fantastic example of this balancing act. In Cuir Ottoman, Corticchiato achieves this with just two accords and I can't help but envision the amber notes dancing in vaporous paisley curls over a ground of warm, soft leather. While leather and amber possess distinct identities, they also have many points in common. This allows the entire fragrance to connect seamlessly from the supple leather, which wears like a second skin, to gossamer clouds of rich, luxurious amber.

Many people find leather fragrances problematic because the elements used to recreate the accord, particularly essences that mimic birch tar and animalic notes, have strong personalities. But nose Corticchiato has found an elegant solution to this problem. Rather than turning to the usual animalic notes, like civet or musk, he uses the indolic qualities of jasmine to animate the leather accord. Jasmine also has the benefit of adding a dark sweetness to the amber accord. Then, rather than overwhelming the fragrance with the acrid, smoky notes of birch tar, Corticchiato uses frankincense to infuse Cuir Ottoman with a subtle, diaphanous incense smoke. The use of frankincense also links many of the the leather and amber notes.

Cuir Ottoman strikes me as being an incredibly versatile fragrance. I enjoy leather fragrances because they work well as casual dress scents. But the elegance of the amber accord also puts Cuir Ottoman in the category of fragrances that would pair well with dressing up for an evening out.

This is my first encounter with the house of Parfum d’Empire and on the basis of my experience with Cuir Ottoman I can’t wait to sample more of their creations.

Trax
Finally a leather that doesn't smell cow!
New leather saddles, hint of dried jasmine, incense and balsam. Reminds me abit of Felanilla not in the scent so much as in the feel, Felanilla with added strooong leather. Softer than Felanilla though, and not by far as longlasting.
Don't know what orris smells like, I smell Iris, but one hour into the drydown I get a slightly soapy sidenote which (if possible for a topnote) might be this orris peaking through?
Soft and warm, powdery leathery. The first leather scent not to smell like cow dung on me. Love at first sniff!

HajuvanaHajuvana 5 years ago
Opens with nice bristle-brush-dipped-in-lacquer kind of leather, but it's mostly amber from there. Enough sillage to fill a small village.

by Taurus1967
by Miaw2
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Parfum d'Empire

Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire Tabac Tabou by Parfum d'Empire Aziyadé by Parfum d'Empire Le Cri / Le Cri de la Lumière by Parfum d'Empire Mal-Aimé by Parfum d'Empire Azemour Les Orangers by Parfum d'Empire Equistrius by Parfum d'Empire Eau Suave by Parfum d'Empire Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale by Parfum d'Empire Wazamba by Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite by Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin (Extrait de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire (Eau de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Iskander by Parfum d'Empire Immortelle Corse by Parfum d'Empire Acqua di Scandola by Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin (Eau de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire Yuzu Fou by Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire (Eau de Toilette) by Parfum d'Empire