Akaster by Parfums de Marly
Akaster is a perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oudLaotian oud
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
CardamomCardamom
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.01.2022.

A PDM SPECIAL EDITION, CARLISLE'S MATE
One of the best rose-oud scents out there. Very complex indeed.
Cool freshness at the beginning, matures into something deeper quickly.
Remains well balanced throughout the longevity of the scent.
Very modern oud, a trend started by Armani Privé Oud Royal.
A new twist on the oud, scent that dates back to the Ancient Egypt.
Exquisite rose scent is used too, PDM used Bulgarian rose and Taif rose.
One very common type, the other not so common. Convenient choice anyhow.
Premium blend of fine choice ingredients, quite worth it's price.
I believe they are discontinuing it, go get yours now ...
Not my Cup of Tea
I have tested Akaster several times now and have been desperately looking for an understandable reason why Akaster is so expensive and only available exclusively at Harrods but I just can't find any reason!
Scent:
Same problem as Pegasus: It smells flowery and spicy and does not develop at all in my case! I also cannot smell the lemon, cardamom, guaiac wood etc. I have a flowery smell (probably the rose(s) and rose geranium?), you can also smell the pepper very easily out or it always tickles in my nose when I sniff it and I thought I had to sneeze, even though I am healthy! The spicy thing I smell might possibly be the oud? I have no idea what oud smells like, as I am not familiar with unusual scents (oud, beaver's horny, civet, ...). Everything else that is listed as fragrances, I can't sniff at any time and as I said, Akaster somehow doesn't go through a development with me, it just smells the same flowery and spicy from beginning to end.

Whether it's my nose or my skin or whatever, I can't tell, I just don't know. I also find it a little strange, because Herod and Layton unfold and develop wonderfully with me and smell simply heavenly to me, but with Pegasus and Akaster it is just the opposite, nothing happens.

Shelf life is good, but I don't know about Sillage. But the bottle looks pretty like all Marlys (at least I like the bottles).

But Akaster is good for going out or eating out and possibly also for business, as long as one does not exaggerate.

VanAllanVanAllan 12 months ago
Mainly an earthy-woody-spicy rose, masculine and very wearable, with a nice musky oud-geranium background, good longevity and sillage.

by VanAllan
by VanAllan
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly