Athalia by Parfums de Marly
Athalia is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFrankincense, Rose, Bitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Suede, Orange blossom, Cashmeran
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.11.2020.

Connie
Very oriental and super exclusive...
Surely Athalia is not everyone's cup of tea. Mine is 100% Athalia...

Athalia is an incense bomb in the true sense of the word. Athalia immediately reminds me of the Emirate. Of the old souks, where everywhere it smells of incense and spices like dried oranges, vanilla etc. so bewitching...

Athalie is extraordinary and has a very Arabian effect on me, because of the incense and the soft leather scent. The orange plays a minor role, but is noticeable in the top notes. Super beautiful a smoky vanilla note comes out in the base...

You have to like incense when you choose Athalia, because incense plays the leading role all the time...

The durability is quite good but unfortunately the Sillage is quite low. Athalia stays very close to my skin after about one hour, but is beautiful and unique to die for. But for other people the sillage is good. It depends on the skin type..

The fragrance simply smells very exclusive and very special. It's not a flirty, sexy or girly scent, not at all, but a scent for women over 35, in my personal opinion, who don't want to have a screaming scent, but an exclusive scent with that certain something for themselves and the very close environment...
Spraying luxury
Athalia? Is that anything like Delina? Because that's from Parfums de Marly. Athalia is probably just a little smokier, because it says "incense" in the fragrances. And then leather! And cashmeran too... oh, my.... is probably just some oriental kind of Delina?

I'm sure many people think that or something like that. But Athalia is something else entirely. Beguiling, sexy, wild, free and cashmeran and amber give the necessary warmth, which makes the fragrance beautifully round.

Athalia is definitely not a masspleaser. It's like the Amouage scents, no matter how exciting it sounds, you better test it in advance.

And I did! So far no niche fragrance has made it to the Signature Scent. This one did it and does it every day anew.

And so I come to the next exciting effect, I think. I classify most perfumes - more or less consciously. Delina, Royal Princess Oud (Creed) and Lyric Woman (Amouage) are my typical Daytime favorites. For going out or partying at night, I like to use a Tauer or an intense designer perfume, which often seems unpleasant during the day. But Athalia? He can do it. Or should I rather say "she"? This fragrance smells pleasantly opulent during the day without sticking someone's nose.
And at night? I perceive the incense and leathery feel of Athalia at night much more than during the day. So it smells exciting enough for the night without my companions yawning because they are bored by my perfume. Little joke on the edge.

I have been asked about the scent several times and have heard more than 3 times, "it smells great, but
expensive". Nice compliment. Expensive, it is also relatively. It's interesting that people notice that.

For me, Athalia is an olfactory masterpiece that is nevertheless not a masspleaser. And never will be. Let us hope so.

Thanks
Oudine
Bambia eyes with sugar on them...
Hi dear ones, I am trying myself today for the first time at a comment:-)) So here it is

After I stumbled across "Athalia" while browsing here and he definitely fits into my baggage scheme, he was on my watchlist.
So today I visited my trusted CB perfumery and found Athalia on the shelf to my great delight. First I took a strip of paper and sprayed it expectantly.
At first I took an indefinable somehow flowery but meaningless scent. Then I sprayed him on my wrist and waited and went up and down the shop. However, it did not get more interesting and I was disappointed because I had great expectations. I choose, when I go into a perfumery and just look, bottles that I like optically and I find these very beautiful and promising.
Well .....you can't force anything even if the bottle is so beautiful.
I left the store.
But wouw......Out on the street I suddenly took a scent that instantly moved me to turn back.
It is sweet but not sticky sweet, powdery also some flowery, where it?s hard for me to name single components. Somehow he reminds me of a smell from the past.
I think Athalia is simply beautiful, the nose sticks to my wrist, a scent that takes me in its arms. The nice saleswoman gave me a sample. He's at the top of my wish list now. As soon as my budget allows it, which is very strained at the moment, I will strike and Athalia will move in with me:-))

IoanaPIoanaP 11 months ago
beautiful iris that grows powdery but not obsolete, sexy but not coarse, alluring but not intoxicating; reminiscent of boudoir smell.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by IoanaP
by IoanaP
by Oudine
by Oudine

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly