Darley by Parfums de Marly
Darley is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mint, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Orange blossom, Rose, Rosemary, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 19.11.2020.

Darley (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• PARFUMS DE MARLY DARLEY •

Darley is one of the less spoken about Parfums de Marly offerings, but I found it to be quite the pleasant surprise. It opens with a bright bergamot, but immediately cinnamon kicks in. There are a lot of florals in Darley, but I would say they aren't very strongly represented. You get wafts of rose and lavender, but they are overpowered by an amber and tonka sweetness and cinnamon. The sweetness is balanced with mint (mainly in the opening).

Sandalwood in the base gives it a bit of creaminess, but texture wise, Darley feels more powdery, with a slight talc powder scent as well. I didn't have as strong of a baby powder connection with this one as I had with Pegasus, but it shares a resemblance. A lot of people compare this to Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, which I only smelled in store, but on first impression, I don't think they are similar, aside from the powdery laundry detergent with sweetness combination. There's something in here, that I can't find in the notes, that saves this fragrance for me. I get hints of a slightly nutty and boozy accord, that sort of reminded me of a subtler YSL La Nuit De L'Homme. There also seems to be the tiniest bit of musk hidden underneath it all.

Overall, I liked this more than I expected based on the listed notes. Is it full bottle purchase worthy? For me personally, probably not. The pricing is a bit steep for the quality and performance that I experienced. And even though I enjoyed wearing it, Darley pales in comparison to Amouage's Reflection Man, which I would put in a similar category of scent profile •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
Crowdpleaser with unobtrusive performance
My last comment for now on a perfume de marly fragrance. Some may follow if the opportunity arises. My summary for this beautiful brand: Most fragrances are very safe and will probably appeal to the masses. I tested Layton, Pegasus, Herod, Godolphin, Oajan, Carlisle and also this Darley. The others didn't like me so much about the pyramids yet, but the ones I tested are very solid and some are worth buying. Some however a little overpriced.

Now for the Darley: A fragrance with little attention here. 3 comments and 2 statements. Justifiable or definitely worth a test? In my opinion a fragrance with little recognition value, where I expect more for the money. A really pleasant fragrance that will not make you feel uncomfortable anywhere.
Indicated here as a fragrance twin is Reflection Man. Rightly? Roughly speaking, perhaps in a similar direction, but very big differences if you look more closely. Even though this Darley has light floral notes, these are rather in the background. At the beginning it begins with a lot of mint, very pleasantly fresh paired with subtle citric notes and fresh lavender. From the DNA I find him more similar to Le Male than Reflection. Here however clearly more easily by much fresh mint. A pleasant freshness with a little sensuality. Pleasant also by the beautiful base with soft woody notes, amber, patchouli and a beautiful but subtle sweetness by the tonka bean. The design is very balanced and it does not move too much in one direction. Very gentle fragrance that should please many.
The performance is decent, but the Sillage is very close. Also freshly sprayed rather discreet and disappointing for this DNA. The shelf life is fine with a few hours. Thanks to the rather weak Sillage this is versatile applicable.
Unisex is justified, although I find him more masculine. Especially due to the similarities to its twin fragrances.

Due to the high price there is no recommendation to buy from me. Price is 185 Euro a 125ml. In many shops you can get it a little cheaper, but still overpriced for this DNA. Reflection is also not much more expensive than this.
I consider Rasasi Maa Arwaak for him a cheap alternative. A great low budget fragrance that goes in a similar direction and has a much better performance.
I give 8.0 because it's really very pleasant. But I wouldn't buy it for that price.

OmardoOmardo 6 months ago
sweet "le male"ish fragrance, but more elegant. For a summer dinner with your girlfriend, on holiday.

by DoNI92
by DoNI92

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly