Delina 2017 Eau de Parfum

Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly
Top 67 in Women's Perfume
Delina (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Delina Exclusif

Top Notes Top NotesLycheeLychee
RhubarbRhubarb
BergamotBergamot
NutmegNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesTurkish roseTurkish rose
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
PeonyPeony
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
White muskWhite musk
CashmeranCashmeran
WoodsWoods
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.10.2021.

Cashmeran for my nose
I am magically drawn to pink bottles when it comes to fragrances. From Delina I had already heard a lot and was now overjoyed to be able to test it myself - thanks to a dear Parfuma.
First of all, about my expectations: Lychee and rhubarb? Yippee! Rose and peony? Sounds great! The rest doesn't sound bad either. My expectations were high!

Accordingly, I was excited at the first spray. I find it always fascinating to perceive a fragrance for the first time. It seems to me, as if my brain first need a time to analyze the fragrance and give me a thought about it. With Delina, the first thing that came to me was a feeling: Surprise, as the scent was absolutely not what I expected. Second, my brain sent, "Wait a minute, I know that one!" Another sniff and then I was sure I knew this scent. Quickly ran to my treasures, pulled out the corresponding scent to immediately compare it to Delina. And yes, in the first few minutes I perceive the two to be almost identical, which is probably due to the bergamot that they both have in the top notes. Which fragrance am I referring to? A fragrance I owned when I was younger and just recently bought again for sentimental reasons: Dolly Girl by Anna Sui.

I don't notice lychee and rhubarb at all in Delina, by the way. Likewise, the rose does not come out for me at all.
After a few minutes Delina changes and remains from then on for me constantly woody, smoky, spicy. I perceive underlying something else, something creamy, fresh, but only in the background. At first I don't know what note it is that is so dominant here, until I read up on cashmeran. The description matches exactly what is "screaming" at me here. I guess it's definitely this cashmeran then, which dominates everything after a few minutes. Apparently I am one of those people who perceive cashmeran extremely. Since there seems to be yes big differences in perception.
Still I smell comparatively at both fragrances and even if Delina has changed so much for me after the first few minutes, I still have the impression that the underlying has great similarity with Dolly Girl.

After 6 hours, Delina hasn't changed much for my nose. The longevity is definitely top notch, but it's still just this woody smoky note, with an almost shrill green, wafting towards me. Quite different Dolly Girl, where after 6 hours also the woody dominates, but warm and rounded with very light fruit.

Well, what can I say. For me, Delina is a disappointment. The bottle should look more light green or light brown, that would be an exact embodiment of the fragrance in my eyes. At the same time, I don't want to say that it is a bad fragrance. Many are very enthusiastic about this fragrance and describe it very differently than how I feel about it. For me, however, he is exactly for the reason unfortunately a personal disappointment.
Tabre
The floral queen among perfumes
I've heard a lot about it, yet it took me a long time to smell it. One day I strolled into the inconspicuous but super equipped perfumery downtown. I saw the bottle already in the shop window - beautiful and stylish. After a brief consideration, I had the scent sprayed on me - and was in love.

Wonderfully unfolds Delina on the skin, a strong opening with sweetness, but also a beautiful floral bouquet awaits me. Normally I am not necessarily the type for floral perfumes, but Delina is not just a floral perfume, she is so much more:

When I wear Delina I feel strong, unique and beautiful. But at the same time, it feels like Delina just beautifully showcases and highlights all the qualities you already have in you anyway.

The fragrance has a great sillage, at the same time is not too intrusive, but makes a subtle but quite impressive statement. Both young and older ladies can wear the fragrance wonderfully in my opinion, because it is rounded and simply stands for a classic (but not old-fashioned!) beautiful woman.

Delina is a perfection in itself, the fragrance composition fascinates me every time anew, you never get tired of it. Whether you take a walk on a warm summer day or a rainy day with a cup of tea and the loved ones sitting in the room - Delina does well in any situation and flatters the wearer.
The good mood scent
Delina is young, playful and always cheerful.
How can you not like that...?!
I can not understand the negative reviews here at all ... but is good so because it would not be nice if the whole world would wear the same perfume :))
There is in my opinion nothing at all stabbing at Delina but rather at Delina exclusif. From Delina exclusif I get a headache... the stings me in the brain. ?
Delina is creamy, floral and fruity. It is suitable for every season except vlt. hot summer days.
That she is so famous is 100% justified!
Cashmeran to the sky
I already own the Delina exclusif. But I only wear it when we go out. In everyday life never, because the scent is too opulent. The is opulent and loud but for my nose creamy and not pungent.

I have now also tested very long and with a lot of patience the normal Delina and what can I say except that I find the completely terrible? Head and heart notes I smell though, so the famous Delina DNA but the notes are almost immediately strangulated and suppressed by a mountain of Cashmeran as big as Mount Everest. Super pungent and almost peppery.... I immediately get the full blast of cashmeran in my nose, so much so that it makes my nose burn. White musk supports this pungent penetrating smell and makes Delina as a whole for me unwearable or unbearable ... Not mine ... Even after washing my hands several times, a pungent smell of too much
Cashmeran in my nose up ..
Lovely Rose Fruit Mix
After a long time again a detailed comment on a pure women's fragrance. Parfums de Marly is for me simply a great brand, even if I find almost all fragrances a little to significantly overpriced. Quality is definitely there in all the scents I've been able to test. This really original niche concept is missing but desöfteren. Be that as it may, some gets one nevertheless grudgingly.
From this Delina I had read the last few years often. The opinions go yes very much apart if you read here in the statements. I can understand both sides. Especially when it comes to the price. About 200 euros for 75(!) ml is already crass. Even for Marly ratios, one puts price ne Schippe on it, since one gets with many already 125ml for this price. On the level you get already the Exclusif Flanker, which often smell even more niche and noble. But this Delina comes in a niche-worthy box, unlike Layton, Herod and consorts. There's designer-level stuff here. Anyone looking for a great gift, this one already makes an impression.
I got myself a small sample to test this fragrance extensively. Of course, not for me, but I curious since this fragrance is already in many mouths.

First of all: Even this PdM I find already significantly overpriced. Especially the 200 euros for 75ml I find excessive. For the prices of the men's line, you could again turn a blind eye, at the price would have to convince the fragrance already more. But I also understand ladies who have struck for this price. The Marly fragrances simply have charm. Also this.
If you ignore the price, you get a really nice fragrance. I must say this fragrance hits the right nerve. You get a very modern ladies fragrance that combines classic notes with modern fruity notes. If you're looking for a conservative classic fragrance, you're definitely wrong. Nevertheless, you get a fragrance with elegance. Despite much sex appeal and much femininity, it never seems too intrusive.
The first hours it is a pure rose-fruit mix. Especially the mixture rose-litschi rhubarb. Flower-fruit mix sounds boring for many, but here with lychee and rhubarb something uniquer. Also, this bold rose note harmonizes well with this fruit mix. As I said, this trio is in the lead for many hours until base then usually fades gently. Sweet, warm, softly woody. On the whole, however, a fragrance with little development, which for me is not negative as long as this combination convinces.
The performance is like actually almost all Marly's really good. Sillage is perceptible over many hours far beyond skin-tight. Also the durability is really good with many hours. After all. This is also expected at this price.

As a conclusion, I can say: a really great fragrance, if you can cope with the price and has a few thalers over. Price / performance one has not really convinced, but Marly halt. By the way, there is a great cheaper alternative: The Western Leather Gold Skin goes in a very similar direction and you can already see as a twin. Is definitely worth a test.
Loo
Delina and I are not gonna be friends..
Due to the many positive reports about PDM, especially the various Delina fragrances ,I went to my favorite perfumery and got a filling. (Yes, something like that actually still exists in Mainz)

First, I sprayed the fragrance on a test strip. Immediately I thought that I know this fragrance but somewhere from...exactly from my Van Cleef Rose Rouge. Only that this goes more into the oriental and is more suitable for the cold season.

Perfect I thought to myself, the better if I find a lighter summer scent of it.

So I sprayed Delina on both my forearms and let it work on me...and it did...leaving a disappointing impression.

Delina is so loud I can barely stand it. This opulent, pungent smell, which reminds me a bit of sweat...I just wanted to wash the perfume off.

Everything Delina has is revealed right away...she has no secrets, no scent progression. I only smell the heart notes, but in such abundance as if it were a rose sale and they were thrown in my face for good measure. (For this statement, all Delinaanhänger/innen will want to slap me for sure)

In short, Delina and I are not going to be friends. I lack the elegance and finesse. The hype I can not understand unfortunately. But fortunately tastes are different and everyone finds his Düftchen.
PennyPearl
Let yourself be surprised... and I was actually surprised ...
The perfume Cassili I felt not worth buying.
Delina Exclusif was a conflicting tester; I found it elegant, but not well wearable for me; I smelled something increasingly slaying pungent there, though many find it to be softer/rounder than the original Delina.
In fact, I already found the Exclusif more tiring, bulky and unsweet than Delina on the opening; I smell the rhubarb on both Delinas, but in juicier and fresher on the regular Delina.
I don't know whether the Exclusif has the oud from the start or the bergamot is more intense, but I miss a balancing sweetness, something gentle.
The Delina is actually for me, contrary to expectations, more balanced.
The acidity doesn't last that long here, and the nutmeg lends subtle spice and warm depth.
Florals follow, with a focus on rose, of course, but less headache-heavy than the Exclusif, more delicate and without the smoke that I never found "sweetly creamy" or "powdery" on the Excklusif.
With the Excklusif, after repeated testing, it felt like a wrestling match was taking place on my skin; rose versus oud (or incense) and knocked me out.
Here I just smell sweet, rosy florality, creamy-sweet like Katjes Yogurt Gums, and I can understand that those who wanted a pure rose garden are disappointed, because it doesn't smell like "real" rose, which doesn't bother me.
Oddly enough, I don't find the Delina Eau de Parfum at all overbearing and too forward, and I've worn it a few times.
As with the Exclusif, not much happens in the way of drydown, it just gets quieter bit by bit, but it's quite long lasting.

I did not float ad hoc on cloud 7, but found him already at the first spraying much more pleasant than the Exclusif, which I would not have expected, and find him more beautiful the more often I use the filling.
My Love-Hate
When I first smelled Delina, I thought : "oh no, this is definitely not for me". Nevertheless, I got a small bottling in my favorite perfumery of Delina. I put the bottling away for now. Now when it first got a little warmer a few months ago, I rummaged through my bottlings and sprayed Delina on my arm. As the evening went on, I caught myself constantly bringing my arm up to my nose and smelling it. WOW. Delina is so great after all, as many describe it. The drydown is so beautifully creamy, rosy, soft and not at all heavy and smothering. A great cozy scent (for the warmer months). After testing it several times, I actually bought the Delina after all. However, every time I wear it, I'm not sure if I like the scent or not. Something excites me about it, but something bothers me so much that I often don't reach for it. I've since figured out that it's important that I don't spray too much of it, and also that I spray it on my skin rather than on clothes. On the skin, the scent develops beautifully. I wouldn't need this sour-fizzy one of rhubarb and lychee at the beginning....
The longevity is incredibly long. I can still smell the scent well the next day, both on my skin and on my clothes.
A funny love-hate relationship this Delina
GirlofNow
Delina, the current queen of perfume heaven... But does she deserve that crown?
Delina is currently the star among all fragrances and somehow I can not really follow...
Why probably? And no it has nothing to do with the fact that I prefer not floral fragrances but because I can not really follow the hype or better said not understand! A year ago I thought that it is pure paradise in the bottle, because all both women and men have raved / praised this fragrance to heaven as THE most feminine and seductive fragrance ever ...
How nice it would be if that would have been so...
I do not want to step on anyone's feet or talk this fragrance badly, much more I find it sad that a fragrance which costs almost 300Fr. unfortunately smells like an ordinary designer fragrance and exactly that annoys me, because 300Fr. is Teilweisse for someone a fortune yes also luxury! If you like to wear this fragrance wear it! If it is your baby in your collection enjoy it!
If it's your signature scent be proud of it! But please don't feel attacked by me!
It's my view and my opinion nothing more.
And right now I want to share my opinion but also view with you, I have long thought about whether I should share this but it just burns me so much under the fingernails that I just do it now.
I have Delina now exactly one month by tested (I have me a filling of this fragrance get) whether in everyday life or shopping as well as when walking and now I can share my opinion with you without bad to have pointed;))
When I sprayed this fragrance on I carefully smelled my wrist and was really disappointed! I looked at the Müsterchen whether really Delina stands on it and not Chloe or Idol of Lancome ... But it was Delina on my Müsterchen so I waited for the scent to see if it develops further ...
Now I will describe this fragrance as accurately and as best as I can...
The fragrance...
Reminds me immediately of Chloe when sprayed on, as the lychee note on my skin is 1to1 like that on Chloe. Rhubarb is admittedly very, very present both in the head and in the heart note.
I personally feel the rhubarb note very tart but also as refreshing.
The rose note is the main note in the whole fragrance! I say it times so you have to love rose scents otherwise that's nothing with the fragrance.
The rose note is a mix of that of Idol soapy and fresh, but also a good mix of that of Chloe creamy and subtly sweet.
In cold weather Delina is creamy and subtly fruity (probably comes from the lychee note)
In warm weather very refreshing and but also very soapy....
It smells definitely NOT bad!
Quite the opposite very beautiful and dreamy one can almost say yes also very feminine!
BUT now I ask myself the big question is it, not extremely 300Fr. for a rose fragrance to give out what one finds in the designer area exactly the same but also still not even 100Fr. for it paid / spent!??? I say NO! What do you say?

The only thing I praise is the H+S that is very, very good!

With me Delina is very well perceived in the environment as well as smelled.
H+S is with me at 8.hours.

As already said a pity that an ordinary rose fragrance is praised up in the sky but is also seen as worthy of such a high price!
For my nose Delina is beautiful but nothing new or special.
It smells like...
I'm going to jump right in: Maybe it's my nose or my skin chemistry. But at least on me, "Delina" has a great similarity to In Woman and thus probably also to Eau de Parfum, since it is a dupe of the said fragrance. The similarities? The lychee in the top note, a sour fruit component (in this case rhubarb, in the other 2 fragrances the currant), a decent load of sweetness and something rosy-floral in the background.

I was so excited to test this and am glad I was able to snag a bottling. I must confess: I imagined the fragrance differently. Something fresher and more summery. The described acidity scared me a bit from the beginning, but I thought I would be able to cope well with it, if the fragrance is otherwise very bright and tangy. However, I find it only "bright" to a certain extent. He is very sweet and also has a certain vanillige heaviness about him.

It will probably no one agree with my point of view, but for me it smells very much like Eau de Parfum. Unfortunately, I do not like said fragrance so much. In a light dose (once briefly run through a fragrance mist) it could be quite lovely- I don't think it's bad as it is. However, I will probably never become the biggest fan of fruity-sour and sweet fragrances.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that I could finally test it once

MariaSMariaS 9 days ago
It’s a girly playful scent, cozy, for everyday use, feminine, kind of designer perfume. I didn’t say wow but I get why the hype!
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 8 months ago
Absolutely top quality perfume, yet way too heady, extravert and persistent for me.Sits tight on you even after long shower
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
My wife discovered this perfume by trying its 99% clone, Lady Diana from Alexandria. A fantastic early twenties fruity female fragrance!
MRothMRoth 3 years ago
A teenager's fruity floral tuned to perfection. Apple shampoo opening, then peony/rose supported by lychee and rhubarb. Never screechy. Yum!

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Delina
by HolyBamboly
wenn königinnen für einen abend zu prinzessinnen werden und viceversa prinzen zu königen - dann war die hinterhältig harmlos wirkende rosane delina im game... das süße biest!
by Felsn
by LuckyLisa
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly