Delina 2017 Eau de Parfum

Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly
Top 57 in Women's Perfume
Delina (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Delina Exclusif

Top Notes Top NotesLychee, Rhubarb, Bergamot, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesTurkish rose, Lily of the valley, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk, Cashmeran, Woods, Frankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.04.2021.

My love
A rose, yes, an armful of roses and peonies, but at the same time it does not strangle, does not disturb. The aroma is not resonant, muted, but it sounds phenomenally long, after a day on clothes it is perceived as just applied. Very trace, rhubarb for me appears only after 12 hours, as well as a rose and a peony, a lot, a summer blooming garden
Spring Fever
At the first spray, a fresh juicy lychee comes towards you. The fragrance sprays good mood and is created as for the spring, then comes to the fruit basket still the rhubarb, a tangy, slightly tart acidity. The heart notes are peony and Turkish rose, which are not old-fashioned but youthfully fresh. A fragrance that radiates positive vibes and lightness, which is also reflected in the bottle.
Can imagine Delina also super as a bridal fragrance. In the base is vanilla, white musk, cashmeran, woods, and incense. These components make the fragrance soft and pure.

Time what completely different to my remaining fragrances, which usually turn out a little heavier and gourmandiger.
Delina - The beginning of my fragrance journey
Delina was the beginning of my fragrance journey for me, perhaps the beginning of my addiction to "the scent".

Delina. Just saying that name evokes a sense of freedom in me. Delina was my first fragrance outside of the designer world. Previously, I had read through countless perfume reviews and watched Youtube videos until I decided to order a sample of this fragrance.

I have to confess: Yes, I thought Delina was quite nice the first time I sniffed it, but I thought to myself: it's yummy, but why is it so hyped? There she was about 30 seconds on my wrist (patience is not my strong point, you should know).

I gave her another chance, of course, let her get comfortable on my arm for now. And she did. Really snuggled in she has. My hand wandered again and again to the nose. For my partner this was surely a very amusing sight: Me, snuggled up on the couch, arm wandering every 30 seconds (trying elegantly) over and over to my nose. Then a roll of the eyes and a low moan. And bang: I'm in love.

Delina was the first fragrance that had purely nothing disturbing for me. Kind of a benchmark for all the fragrances to come. And yes, it is an expensive fragrance, but for me worth every penny!

Since the bottle has moved in with me, I can no longer stop to deal with fragrances. A new hobby to which Delina has inspired me. Since then, I've already ordered several samples, ventured in new directions and discovered wonderful fragrances. Thank you for that, Delina!
Now to the fragrance:
At the beginning I smell quite clearly this tangy rhubarb- lychee combo. Very very fruity, very little green and tart, but pleasant, not pungent. Simply fresh and delicious. This tangy opening lasts only a short time with me. It remains beautifully fruity, but now comes this beautiful fine rose and for me also already a slight vanilla note, which makes the fragrance seem warmer and deeper. It just smells heavenly. On some days I can also perceive something woody but not always and if then very subtle. This beautiful combination also stays for some time and radiates very pleasantly outward.
Towards the base, it becomes more and more creamy and pleasantly sweet on my skin. I do not want to say milky, it just becomes soft. The cashmeran and vanilla in tandem with the rose and fruit combo are incredibly sensual.

On my skin, Delina lasts about 6-8 hours, with about 4-5 of those being noticed by others.

Delina, as well known as it may be by now, is still a special fragrance that will probably always be in my collection
No, or is it?!
I can agree with many of the previous speakers: for me too, Delina was a love at second, third, fourth sight.... When I tested my first bottling, I kind of liked it, but somehow it also repelled me and seemed way too intense in its initially pungent way. I felt like it just didn't suit me. The bottle alone was and still is not mine at all. I'm not a girlie anymore, pink has never been my color and those playful flourishes suggest a romanticism that is also not mine. Two days later, I put the scent on in the morning and went to work wearing it. I found it increasingly interesting, but the intensity was still too much for me and I tried to reduce the sillage - once in the office. Something wasn't right for me, the scent still made me uncomfortable. I did not feel flattered and underlined in my personality.

I don't know why, but my scent memory kept prompting me to sniff the bottling over the next few days, and to wear Delina when I was alone. This doesn't happen to me often with bottlings that don't appeal to me from the start. Gradually, I began to appreciate the scent and now find myself sniffing the bottle in the morning before showering, so that I can finally apply it after showering. However, I do this very discreetly, because I still do not want to walk as a walking rose through the office.

About the fragrance: for me, the rose dominates, which is flattered by lychee and rhubarb. If I did not know the components of the top note, I would always call the rose, which is coated with a slightly sour touch. As the fragrance develops, Delina does indeed soften a bit, but I smell the character of the opening to the end. For me, the rhubarb and lychee give the perfume its uniqueness to make it stand out among other rose scents. Whether the fragrance is worth the hype, everyone must decide for themselves. As for the durability and sillage, it is in any case top. To the flacon I have already commented, which is also not more beautiful for me, although he was allowed to hold in the meantime move in with me.

I would not have thought at the beginning that Delina still managed to captivate me so. Maybe I'm just discovering a side of me, which I have so far felt as not belonging to me...

Mina33
"Don't be afraid to be weak....
...Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself The return to innocence."

This fragrance has taken my heart by storm. It smells incredibly feminine, innocent, naive, yet confident and strong at the same time. In addition, he brings optimism and a cheerfulness that always brings a smile to my face when I smell it. For me, it's a great fragrance for warm sunny days, an all-rounder versatile use in everyday life and for going out, he will hardly tick off.

It starts with a great juicy sweet lychee, which remains well perceptible throughout the fragrance, but becomes creamier in the drydown by the vanilla. I can't pick out any woodiness or spiciness in the scent because everything is blended so well. For me, the scent is mostly super fruity, a little creamy, and a little floral.

The longevity is killer, even after 12 hours I can still smell it on my perfume devouring skin. Sillage is solid, doesn't fill rooms but others smell one.

I've always had a huge weakness for lychees and desperately need the bottle and never want to be without Delina again. :-)
Llea2703
What? Now there are fragrances for marriage???
Yes, that was the first sentence I heard to Delina from my friend. (For perfume he is interested rather less to not at all)

I received a bottling of Delina, sprayed it on me and was enchanted.
This fragrance is so pure and yet he provokes skillfully.

After the fragrance had settled a bit I went to my friend and held him my arm enthusiastically under the nose: "In the fragrance I would marry!"... "how now? There are extra fragrances for getting married???"... irritated he looks at me, as if this was a new invention of the perfume industry to pull even more money out of my pocket.

Of course not, but there are fragrances that make special days memorable and evoke the memories over and over again. Delina is definitely one of those for me, even if I could never save it for one day, I want to smell like it ALWAYS!

That irresistibly fruity rhubarb and sweet lychee are definitely the main attraction in Delina. They accompany me throughout the day together with the rose in the heart. In the drydown, it even gets a tad sweeter and creamier for me due to the vanilla. The durability is a dream!

Personally, I think it is a very nice fragrance that certainly does not go down in the masses. Surely there will be more extraordinary fragrances in the niche world, yet for me a fragrance does not always have to be super different. He must flatter his wearer and give a good feeling, maybe even spray self-confidence!
Compliments will bring the dear Delina also quite definitely!
Puschek95
So this is the hyped Delina
First of all, I want to say a HUGE thank you to larasu for giving me the sample. We are neighbors, as we found out by accident. How small is the world. :D

It's as if a delicate and sensual story is being told of a rose named delina. An image is created of a thin, fragile very neatly cleaned glass table, upon which stand the lush and beautifully regal roses called delina. Listening to old stories from Parfumo, you think to yourself that no bouquet of roses would ever hold a candle to Delina. Delina is prized as the queen of rose fragrances from Parfumo and treated as such.
The vase is translucent. The green stems are lush, healthy and strong and very easy to see.
Not a single rose petal is creased, or gray. All petals are flawless and bloom at the same rate. Although delina has been blooming for a long time, it is impossible to estimate when she will ever die ... She looks so perfect.
One imagines how only must the beautiful delina smell with such appearance, aura and according to the old stories from Parfumo ...?

One comes closer. With incredible respect for this rose queen.
Sniffs delicately at it. And any royal attributes disappear.
All magic falls away at once.
Delina is reminiscent of good old rose soap from grandma's bathroom. The soap that has a pretty pink pastel color, squiggly label and strong green, lush old familiar rose scent. Not a revolution. After washing my hands, they smell like lush roses. After drying the hands is something slightly creamy, the familiar cream note of a rose soap, noticeable.

-> I must say that I really expected a lot because of the hype. I hope my short story made that clear. Not that I'm disappointed. Delina continues to be a beautiful perfume.
But for a perfume in the niche range and also the price, I expect a scent that doesn't remind me of the drydown (after the shower), of a finer and more expensive Rituals Sakura shower foam.
If you love roses, you will love and cherish delina like a treasure.
Who expects because of the hype a rose that blows all the senses and revolutionizes everything will be disappointed of death and fall on the ground of the facts that not everything is shiny golf (like me) :D.

Nonetheless, delina is a beautiful perfume! Age limits I see zero. Can smell nice with 16 as well as with 80. i smell delina very gladly. :)
I would not buy delina!
"Delina, Delina, Delina....
... ti voglio al più presto sposar".

Now, of course, I know that Rocco Granata actually dedicated that song line to Marina, not Delina. And, of course, a perfume is (thankfully) not marriageable. Name-wise, though, it would fit the song perfectly.

What's so special about Delina, anyway? What's different about Delina than standard rose fragrances?
For me: rhubarb! Yes, there are numerous scents that start fruity and evolve into floral. However, these fragrances are often either too sweet for me and / or you can hardly recognize the fruit variety or they smell too classic, too soapy, too interchangeable.

Delina, on the other hand, I recognize, if a girl walks past me wearing Delina, I smell it immediately.

The rhubarb is here so well-dosed that the slightly sour note is not penetrating, but still remains completely in the fragrance.

A brief comparison with Delina Exclusif: According to PDM, the Exclusiv variant is simply the going out and evening variant of Delina. In fact, I also find it too tart, pungent, unpleasant for daytime. In the evening, however, when the makeup is more, the dress is fancier/sexier and the location is right, Delina Exclusif makes its appearance. But also only then.

The "normal" Delina, on the other hand, is an all-rounder, every season, at home, at work, on a date. Always appropriate, always on fleek.

For me an incredible fragrance, very thoughtful, present, with appropriate sillage, no danger (at normal dosage) to slay his fellow men.

Nice to have her move in with me today. We are sure to become good friends.
Delina, Delina...
...you charmed me after all. It took a little longer than usual, but I have no regrets.

A few months ago, I ordered a sample of this fragrance, because I have heard of him more often, on YouTube and on other platforms. Since I had to give him a chance, if the fragrance is sooo great. Of course, there are also reviews that are not so positive, but where is there already a fragrance that really pleases everyone?!

I already had a certain scent in the nose, or in the head, as Delina could smell. On the basis of the fragrance notes I could already imagine quite well, what comes there possibly on me. The notes that stood out for me were "rhubarb, rose, vanilla, nutmeg and cashmeran"... mmmh the fragrance can only be great! So, no sooner said than done, I ordered myself a sample. I've never been more excited about a sample than I was about this one! FINALLY a little envelope arrived with Delina, which itself already totally smelled like perfume. Wow, if this is Delina, it's a really insanely great scent.

I immediately sprayed on the sample AND.......... was a bit disappointed at first. I liked it yes, but it also lacked that certain something... the scent was really exactly as I imagined it before, though. Only I imagined him a little deeper...

Every now and then I sprayed it on me, because he went me strangely no longer out of my head. The durability was also really amazingly good and I wanted to give him but so much a chance. Every now and then I would get a headache, but I took it on because I wanted to like it so much. The rose in the fragrance did slay me from time to time and then the rhubarb on top of that, that was not a good mix....Every time I thought to myself, the fragrance is nothing special. Even my colleague felt it was not really special for the price. A bit sad I was then already.

Now that the temperatures are getting warmer again, I suddenly like the fragrance again better and lo and behold, I could get hold of a bottle at a super price here in the souk! And I regret NOTHING...I am so happy to have this sweetheart in my collection. The scent changes on me constantly I have the feeling, like a molecule scent...sometimes it is fresh, sometimes rosy, sometimes vanilla and just beautifully fruity.... And that's what I find wonderful about it.

I'm looking forward to summer and to my beloved Delina!
Pollita
Modern aroma chemistry with rose
I admit, I'm actually rather rarely looking for the massively hyped fragrances, because they usually do not quite meet my taste. But thanks to the dear Bettina Butsch-Rühl, where I had shopped last week, was also the highly praised Delina among the numerous luxury Pröbchen that reached me. Of course I was curious. I was curious because Delina is the final opponent of a perfumer I hold in high esteem. Since one must know, nevertheless, finally, what it has with this lady on itself.

The color fits, most certainly. The fragrance is as pink as the bottle and the packaging. You get fruity and a lot of rose, but it's nowhere near as bad as I would have expected. This rose fluff stands out quite a bit from the current mainstream scents that keep making me think of hand soap or shampoo from the discount store. The cheap stuff for a few cents that swimmers (yes, I'm one of them) like to buy for their sports bags, because they don't tend to get stolen at the swimming pool, unlike Weleda & Co. Nope, Delina is not one of those. It has a certain elegance and despite its very strong sillage - again, one spray is enough and the whole apartment smells like it - it brings some lightness with it. Qualitatively, this is absolutely fine, what Parfums de Marly delivers here.

Yes, I can understand why Delina is very well received by younger people. Because this is exactly the kind of aroma chemistry inherent in all modern, very popular fragrances. This mix, which can be a bit peppery, but for one or the other nose also provides a medicinal association, is well known: Baccarat Rouge 540, Aventus, Oud for Greatness or Bleecker Street. And I could name many more. I detect this particular chemical cocktail in all of them. Personally, I don't like it that much. That's why I don't own any of these scents. But this seems to be a mixture that you can't get past in perfumery these days. Even though it's not listed in the pyramid, my nose first sniffs out ambroxan in Delina. The Cashmeran I find among the notes, this usually typical dull impression remains here for me, however, out.

The central note that floats on this aroma-chemistry mix is a fine, very modern rose. A rose red; of course.

I guess I'm too old for these kinds of scents, but yes, this is solid in terms of craftsmanship. The gentlemen do seem to like this fragrance quite a bit. Since they often own at least one of the above reference fragrances themselves, I can also understand this affection for the pink rose. Due to the mass distribution of these kinds of compositions from the chemistry set, I can just as well relate to the fact that this miss can become the final enemy. Decide for yourself if Delina suits you or not. From me she gets a 7.5.

GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 2 months ago
Absolutely top quality perfume, yet way too heady, extravert and persistent for me.Sits tight on you even after long shower
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
My wife discovered this perfume by trying its 99% clone, Lady Diana from Alexandria. A fantastic early twenties fruity female fragrance!
MRothMRoth 3 years ago
A teenager's fruity floral tuned to perfection. Apple shampoo opening, then peony/rose supported by lychee and rhubarb. Never screechy. Yum!

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
wenn königinnen für einen abend zu prinzessinnen werden und viceversa prinzen zu königen - dann war die hinterhältig harmlos wirkende rosane delina im game... das süße biest!
by Felsn
by Märchenfee
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly