Delina Exclusif 2017

Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly
Top 86 in Women's Perfume
Delina Exclusif is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Quentin Bisch

VetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
MuskMusk
Evernyl

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.10.2021.

4.5
Summer night at the Moulin Rouge
This fragrance was called to me on Youtube again and again, so I have secured a small sharing share from the dear berry (Here thanks for the super nice, great contact!)

Yesterday I came back from vacation and the little letter was already in the mailbox. The anticipation was enormous, the Delina Exclusiv is yes both price and valuation here a real high-caliber.
First once a Spüher in the bathroom simply in the air to erschnuppern how it expands in a room.
The simple answer: very. Very very much so.
The sweet clouds hung everywhere and really take apart went there yet not really well. The force of the fragrance has also kept me first of all to let the olfactory flash grenade on my skin. Every walk into the bathroom, until the next morning was dominated by the not at all discreet Delina.

The next day is then the skin test announced. The day itself is warm, but not too hot and yet I have immediately feel that the fragrance me a little too much to the body.
The first Schupperer is loud and sweet. Neither the rhubarb, nor the proud rose is really recognizable, everything blended into a shrill uniform mash. Nothing about this scent is understated or subtle. It's all over the place. And a lot. I'll give it a little time. Something... Physical joins the overall work.

Almost inevitably, my mind wanders to the Moulin Rouge circa 1900.It's summer. Carts rattle along the dusty streets and a smell of overripe fruit, sweaty workers and the stagnant waters of the Seine permeate the alleys. The days are endless and only the cool evening air brings some relief. In the evening, the city comes alive. Paris is already a megapolis the crowds squeeze tightly through the busy streets. The scent of rose petals and sweet vanilla mingles with baked goods, studded with juicy fruits that have been in the sun a little too long, heavy wisps of wine and a gentle breeze that has danced through Notre Dame. It takes us to the gates of one of the liveliest, most exciting, and most dangerous places in the city. The Moulin Rouge.
Like a queen of old, it rises bathed in a flood of light above the street in which it is enthroned. Her loyal servants scurry back and forth behind the scenes while the subjects are admitted. The Queen's court knows what the people want. Distraction and a whisking away to a world that will leave them the dreariness of hot summer days behind. Someone who can afford to spend an evening here is part of a certain scene. The men are well-groomed, the women beautiful and yet you don't belong to the upper class. But you want to have something for your money. The stage is lit and everyone is looking for a place to enjoy the upcoming spectacle. Beauties with skimpy dresses and drinks on trays are scurrying everywhere. The heat of the day has also found its way into these halls and the air that floods the high leaf gilded room is muggy and stuffy. The smell that dances through the alleys is present here as well, but it gives way to the applied perfumes of the barmaids, the pomades of the young gentlemen, the perfumes of the beautiful ladies at their sides. Then the curtain rises and everything begins to spin and swirl. The music is a little too loud. Legs are thrown into the air for a dance while acrobats fly through the air on hoops. Each dancer wears her own scent on her body, but each wants to be seen, indeed, each needs to be noticed. And so, in the end, each of them is just shrill and loud. Their laughter, outwardly joyous and almost ecstatic, has something manic about it and is soon replaced by a deep exhaustion and headache born of too little sleep and a little too much alcohol and cocaine. And it is only in the morning, when the doors are pushed open, that a first breath is possible again and the haze rolls heavily back onto the streets of the slowly awakening city.

My thoughts return to the here and now. It is two hours later.
Delina is still there, still present. My head starts pounding, my nose wants rest.
Vanilla I smell out, floral sweetness, fruity notes and something very full-bodied.
Individual notes I can not really perceive but I know that I do not want to wear this longer.

Nothing subtle here

This is my GFs "I want you now" scent, and she pulled it out once her intentions were clear. I think its very well suited for the purpose. You can stop reading right here.

At first it was too much to handle - and in some way, still is. There is nothing subtle about the scent, nor about the message it sends - it's a men catcher. It's still hard for me to say if I really like the smell itself - but I like it on her: the intensity, the endless silage, the clearly erotic connotation. It's anything but a cheap smell, it's definitely not heavy, vulgar or sluty - it's "Come to my room, let's taste this" kind of a smell. It's a special fragrance for a special type of a woman - libertine if not promiscuous, confident in her appeal. If you can wear this fragrance - I wanna have your number.

I'd say the scent is most appropriate to wear "in her place", or in a "for you only" setting. I don't think it's fitting for many other occasions, it's definitely not a daily wearer irrespective of the season.

Girls, this is definitely not made for you. Ladies, if it fits your style - mind the consequences, and use very little at first (massive projection for hours and hours). This Delina could be considered a sexual invite as legal as an explicit consent .
Sensuality and femininity. Pure
I'm comparison with Delina - creamier, softer but still longer lasting. For me, this is one of the most feminine scents out there and the longevity and sillage are definitely worth the money. It smells like it does on the outside - pink, feminine, happy. Am not a fan of too strong oud and was scared at first aaabut - I hadn't smelled such a creamy, seductive oud yet! Delina exclusif has everything I need and more - which I never thought I would like. Floral, fruity, gourmand at the same time, creamy.... Simply dreamlike
Pinkdawn
After three hours, the queen goes
After I have tested yesterday Delina EdP and was rather disappointed, because the fragrance was for me only a sweet mishmash, in which unfortunately neither rose nor rhubarb were recognizable, I give today his distinguished sister, the Delina Exclusif, a chance. I have no great expectations. I expect the Exclusif to be even more pompous, even sweeter, and even more intense. Should I be wrong?

The beginning is surprisingly positive this time. The fragrance initially shows itself high-class, mature and dignified. While I lack a bit of a fragrance concept with the EdP, the Exclusif obviously knows what it wants. The Delina DNA is recognizable, but while the fruits seem somehow sharper in the EdP, they are ripe in the Exclusif. The scent is exclusive. The sweetness is restrained and balanced, at least at the beginning. Pear, lychee and bergamot dance minuet. If Delina EdP is a fragrance for princesses, Delina Ex would rather be the perfume of a queen.

So the top notes are convincing, until a synthetic note creeps in that I can't define. The fragrance becomes increasingly floral, but I would have imagined the Turkish Damask rose more concise. I'm long into the heart note now and have to slowly realize that the rose isn't getting rosier here after all. I would have liked a freshly bloomed rose to take the lead, at least for a while. A good rose fragrance can do that. Here, one seems to have considered the rose "too little". There is therefore a lot of sweetness on top. I love oud. But this oud is too subdued for me. It's hardly recognizable, so gentle has it been made, stripped of all oriental wildness. What's the point of oud at all? The usually very powerful incense I also recognize only with a lot of imagination.

The closer we approach the base note, the sweeter the fragrance becomes. But amber, vanilla and musk are kept on a short leash. This, by the way, is true of all the fragrance notes that come together here. As if one were afraid to allow the individual fragrances too much freedom.
None of the fragrance notes may unfold, show personality, be wild, sensual or mysterious.

Parfums de Marly is, after all, trying to evoke the 18th century in their fragrances. And that seems to have succeeded. Because Exclusif has the same soulless beauty as the baroque parks with their accurately shorn hedges and trees, which for me no longer have much to do with nature.

It's a courtly world in which everything has its order - right down to a boundless boredom that one tries in vain to combat with teasing games. There are no secrets to be found here, not even believable charm, just an almost aching superficiality devoid of questions, riddles, depth. It is what it is, a light floral fragrance, sweet and pleasing without being tainted by sophistication.

This is the world of Louis XV and Marie Antoinette - luxury, aloofness to the point of losing reality, whimsical gimmicks that don't even have the power to be properly decadent. Ultimately a dance on the volcano in the - still - protected realm of artificially created pastoral idylls. Showing that you have money to lose at gambling or to spend on expensive fashion, jewellery and headache-inducing hairstyles. Or on crazy bets. Who can build a cute little castle in just one month? God knows I don't want to be a noblewoman in the court of Marie Antoinette or Louis XV ...

Since I lack the gene for this senseless extravagance, I'm probably not a candidate for Exclusif, which carries that spirit. Not everything has to be highbrow or heavy on thought. I know fragrances that are light and carefree and bring joy.
Exclusif is far from that, however. The fragrance is expensive. Not everyone will be able to afford it. He is therefore elitist - a value that seems desirable to many. Those who need it, a perfume around the € 230, - (75 ml) will perhaps upgrade. Also and especially if you receive it as a gift. Prestige object just.

In order not to misunderstand me: I see in perfumes absolutely no adequate means for class warfare. I too am willing to spend money on fragrances that are even more expensive than Delina Exclusif. I'm thinking of my small collection of Kurkdjians, Oud satin mood for instance, which is a sweet-floral fragrance in a similar league to Delina. Also with damask rose, oud, amber and vanilla. But there's something about this fragrance. Something untamed, strong, wild, free. There's desert, fantasy, inspiration. A fragrance that I never get bored of.

Delina Ex, on the other hand, seems very banal in its synthetic sweetness. I like the fragrance better than Delina EdP, but I will not buy the perfume. Why, that turns out only gradually, namely after about estimated three hours of cultivated boredom. Had I in the "middle part" of the fragrance development still felt the perfume as well-behaved and adapted, now shows that in Delina Ex but also something else. The fragrance is increasingly dominant, without continuing to be something special.

Perhaps only I feel that Delina Ex by its considerable durability gets the potential to be perceived as annoying at some point. Now the fragrance no longer shows itself tame and subdued, but reveals a vulgar side that is decidedly intrusive. There is nothing aristocratic or classy here anymore. The opposite is the case. The scent is loud, intense and astonishingly vulgar. The queen has long since left. The perfume would now be attributed more to a cheap prostitute who wants to attract attention by any means necessary and clings to you in a Velcro-like manner.

So lastly, Delina Ex has found an unexpected wildness after all, but it doesn't make the scent any more likeable.

Princess Vibes
After totally falling in love with the original Delina, I absolutely had to have this version too. This perfume reminds me of a floral vanilla princess. I honestly can't decide if I like the original Delina or the exclusive better. They're similar, yet different enough to warrant owning both. At least in my opinion.
I think it's just as great as the original. One of my top two perfumes right now
PennyPearl
A decadent summer night party....
...plays in my head when I have this fragrance on my wrist.
A stylish party in spring or summer in the evening in a romantic-opulent garden with lights in the trees and wildflower meadows; women in boho dresses and rose gold jewelry; champagne and Aperol Spritz; a live band (a bit Coldplay, I would say...)

Since I wanted to smell something sensual with Wumms and strong Sillage and I imagined the normal Delina "too" fruity-floral, I skipped the and directly ordered the Exclusif version as a sample.
In addition, the normal Delina was titled in some places as very girly and even Barbie-like, which put me off a bit.

Mild fruitiness pours out at me at the start, especially the pureed, creamy pear with the strong sweet-juicy lychee and a bit of tartness, although there is no rhubarb here.
Comment of my friend to the prelude: "Ew, like an old-fashioned woman. Who has nen hat on." (No idea where his the hat association comes from!)
I think the top note already has recognition value, just the slightly sour fruitiness makes it modern and fresh, and I personally smell mangos with time, wherever they come from now.

The powdery, intense rose retains some of the fruit acidity, which keeps the scent lively; despite the smokiness, it remains juicy and intense in parts.
I find it elegant, neither strictly serious nor girlishly sweet.
So actually exactly what I was looking for, although the rose in the course of the fragrance can also be perceived as oppressive, although not as the rose in "Lady Vengeance" by Jhag, which I perceived at the time as a pungent masculine petrol rose; this rose here is far from it, the fragrance is already seeeehr feminine, yet the smoky rose is the main actor here.

I still have to test it a few times, whether this fragrance is not too exhausting for me permanently with this "dominant rose with Wumms".
Vanilla I do not perceive explicitly, but it probably provides the softness in the fragrance course, which softens the incense.
The sillage seems to be strong, because even when I wore 2 spritzes on the wrist and my friend came in from the balcony, he immediately toned: "Man, man, what a red light fug, let the spraying times please be. Like a penetrating mosquito, this perfume!"
(Previously he had smelled "Bouquet Ideale" and "Lira" on me, of which he was enthusiastic, the Delina Exclusif had no chance for now).
Offended I continued to smell me, but he has no idea anyway, I thought to myself, but must give him minimal right:
I personally like strong fragrances often and am there not so sensitive, but can imagine that could trigger headaches in some people.
In the base or in the later course of the fragrance, it becomes calmer and more lovely like an attack dog, which one has put on a muzzle.

I have him the day after again all alone(!!!) tested without judging from the outside and must say, which is already glamorous without being overkandidelt, elegant and yet not hypothermic, but still dreamy and romantic.
The base could maybe have more strength/ specifics (I feel like it's just "getting quieter"), but it has pretty good staying power.

I might just secretly buy this one sometime soon, but pssst;
please do not tell my boyfriend ;)
The inconspicuous sister
I'll make it short in advance: I am a bit disappointed. But on the other hand I have thus saved a not inconsiderable amount of money - luck in the misfortune

Delina O. was for me love at first spray. A small revelation and original different, by the sour rhubarb prelude, which pulls through the entire course of the fragrance.
Exactly this "special" is missing Delina E.. at least to my sensation.
It is much milder, powderier, almost "arty". Based on the notes, review and associations, I would have expected a seductive, even almost wicked fragrance. On me, Delina E. is none of these.
The combination of rose, oud and vanilla always makes me think of the infamous Francis Kurdijan, which I can not wear, but incredibly happy to perceive on others and consider to be consummately beautiful. I can't find any of that here either. All I perceive is a soft, shy rose bathed in powder. Plus a mild lychee and an even milder pear. Then at the end, some amber, which gives Delina E. a little more depth.
This rose has no thorns, and passionate red it is not. At most very delicate and romantic pink - which undoubtedly also corresponds to my booty pattern, do not get me wrong. Delina E. is a pretty fragrance, which probably can not really dislike - almost 240€ I would not invest here, however.
Let's see if this impression changes in the winter, so some fragrance needs certain temperatures to unfold properly. But for now Delina E. remains a rather unimpressive 7 for me.
Nadiiine
The seduction in a bottle
The seductive Delina.. It did not take long that I needed after the normal Delina also a filling of the exclusif. Said done & me directly ordered a large filling.

Often I have heard that both have the same DNA & exactly that I wanted to find out for myself & start a comparison.

The Delina exclusif is quite a fragrance in its own right. In the top note I take strongly the pear in combination with the lychee was. In the further course I get to smell the beautiful rose. It is not pungent at all! I personally don't get oud. The scent is a lot softer/creamier (I think this is the vanilla in the base paired with sandalwood, which I detect very present in this scent) than the originals. Not so very tangy. I think it is better suited for evening, however, I wear it during the day as well. With this you make a great appearance and everyone will smell you & that's what we want right? ;) The perfomance is out of this world. It is one of my strongest, very long lasting fragrances. As feminine, elegant and feminine the bottle looks, I feel the same way about the scent. It is a definite compliment catcher. Men in particular really like the fragrance, it turns out. I love both Delinas a lot and every now and then the day comes where I can't decide between the two so what did I do? I layered them. I like it, both as a stand alone scent or layered
Opulence in perfection
Originally, before I tested the fragrance, has appealed to me at Delina Exclusif mainly the bottle.
It consists of matte pink glass with ornamental structure, a heavy valuable metal stubble with a glitter stone on it and playful silk pompons. It's anything but plain, of course, and the lush squiggly style has to suit you.
He is the antithesis, so to speak, to a minimalist design, which I appreciate in principle very well also.
But I've been in the category often bitterly disappointed when under the guise of minimalism fragrances with costs of 2 € / ml upwards in containers were offered from simply inferior materials. Simple badly fitting tin or plastic stubs, crookedly glued paper labels and clumsy sprayers without dosed spray have already diminished the joy of one or the other fragrance. But back to Delina Exclusif.

As I now know, The flacon of in its opulence fits quite wonderfully to the fragrance contained therein.

On the fragrance I was originally not particularly curious, he falls so not at all in my Beuteschema. Thanks to the dear Sweetsmell I could test him now two years after appearance finally but.
Delina Exclusif is described as quite sweet. This together with the fragrance notes rose and oud has just not appealed to me. From rose I have smelled me for some time and oud I simply do not like, it usually disgusts me already in small doses all fragrances, in which it is included.

Sprayed on now Delina Exclusif is very well all that - floral-sweet, fruity-rosy and also a subtle oud note I can perceive quite. But as so often the whole is more than the sum of the parts.
The fragrance starts with a fruity-fresh note, slightly acidic, I would have guessed something like rhubarb, but is probably the combination of pear and lychee. As already described by Organzalady, Delina Exclusif presents its full splendour shortly afterwards, like a rose blossom that quickly unfolds and reveals its previously veiled secrets. A true fragrance explosion blows you there: a sweet-fruity strawberry note mixes with a downright beguiling powdery rose scent.
The oud note gives the whole on the one hand an oriental touch, on the other hand, it keeps this sweet opulent team also in check, so that it can not slide into the squeaky kitschy cheap. I have the image of an oriental dessert served on a cool plain silver tray as a counterpoint, so to speak.
There's also a subtle smoky note to it, and the vanillic increases a bit as the fragrance progresses. But as I said, the fragrance does not undergo too great a transformation.

Delina Exclusif is a playful fragrance and gives a fun-loving feeling, but at the same time it is a very feminine and I mean also sensual fragrance. It is not stingy with its charms, generously presents all its attributes and I find it amazing that I do not soon get tired of this opulence. Somehow I have become quite the opposite downright addicted to it.
And I think that for reasons described also Oudgegner can give him a chance like me.
The scent is really lush, not to overlook or "over-smell", a sparing dosage is therefore required. Nachsprühen is not necessary, it does not run out of breath even after many hours.
Delina Exclusif is really great composed, all components are extremely finely interwoven, nothing stands out, which is already impressive in view of the strong players.
As I said, the whole is clearly more than the sum of its parts.
Pauline6
A little provocative, a little seductive with staying power
A fragrance that I have read a lot about now, and which I fortunately was able to test today through a sample.
I've been wearing it since 8:00 this morning, so a good seven hours.
So let's start at the back:
Even after the said 7 hours, he is still good to smell, but with me rather close to the body. The smell has not changed much since about 3 hours.
I can clearly smell the vanilla through (also my girlfriend, who I just held my arm out to smell, and who before said she likes the smell of sweet perfumes with vanilla very much). But besides that I clearly smell the notes of amber. I can only perceive musk maginally, almost not at all.
Since I am not a fan of roses, it is not surprising that I did not find the fragrance outstandingly good in the first 1-2 hours. There I found the rose quite dominant, but actually in a very tolerable way.
But at the beginning, about the first 30 minutes, I liked him very much. There I noticed an enormous scent of freshness, flowers and something sweet, and still I could smell the oud, too.

All in all he is very cute, which I usually like to wear as well. In the first moment he reminded me a little bit of Armani Si, which is why he didn't seem very "inventive" to me. But that changed when I noticed how complex this fragrance is.

All day long I've been thinking about when I'd like to wear this fragrance, but I can't think of any occasion except maybe to celebrate. On a date it would have to depend very much on the surroundings, or I would be very sparing with the scent, but even then I can imagine that it can be absolutely hypnotic and seductive.

And yet I would definitely wear it again, and I'd like to. And maybe even more in situations where I don't feel so well, so that I have the feeling that something strengthens my back, which Delina would definitely do due to its long durability and great sillage.

All in all a perfume which I like well, but for which I miss the occasions

DalilaBDalilaB 11 months ago
Pink and fluffy yumminess! Delina exclusif is simply exquisite and feminine and will definitely turn heads !!

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Fresh21 / Photo Challenge - hope it’s “schräg” enough :)
by IoanaP
Marked safe from COVID-19 :)
by IoanaP
by SCanlier
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly