Galloway by Parfums de Marly
Galloway is a perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2013. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notes, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 21.11.2020.

You fresh Marly
At the beginning I was more than sceptical about this not so well rated Marly, but somehow he got me straight. But up front...

Got it for a very good price and so I thought I'd give the guy a try. Package is there, blister torn open, like a child at Christmas, bottle as always ne, especially in this bright white. Maybe the new everyday knight? Two sprayers on his wrist... Pepper, citrus freshness, but there was something else. Did you see the light orange? I underestimated it. Had I expected a pure fresh scent (it is of course by and large), I found a pleasant spice, freshness... Great. I liked it and so I waited to see if something else would happen and after half an hour Amber joined me and I was so impressed by the good Galloway
For the price I paid for 125ml... I'd love to. I still like it very much after a few days, even though there are of course cheaper versions, although the fragrance that reminds me most of it, Chanel - Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, has also become quite expensive. Find Galloway somewhat underestimated. You shouldn't necessarily compare him to the bangers Carlisle or Layton, he plays in a different category and for me he's a very, very good option for spring, summer and the beginning of autumn and above all a good fragrance the sporty, elegant man in a suit or in the office

Very adequate and safe
I was very excited when I finally got Galloway, I wasn't sure what to expect with so mixed reactions and even after testing I'm not sure how I feel. It's not a bad fragrance, in fact my gf seemed to like it a lot but I feel there's something missing I mean, these are the guys who brought us Layton, Herod and Carlisle.

As soon as you spray Galloway you're greeted by citrus, musk and pepper and eventually you get hints of iris here and there. Galloway makes for a nice office scent with decent longevity, very sober and clean, very adequate, inoffensive and safe.

A good fragrance all and all but at the price tag I'm sure there are many better options out there.
Basti87
Except the price a really great day fragrance
Another comment from me on a perfume de Marly. A great brand, where I tested almost the whole assortment. So far it has not been enough for a purchase, as most of the fragrances of this brand are on the list, which is mainly due to the price. You usually get the same quality at much lower prices. Maybe another one will wander into my collection with a good offer.
Parfums de Marly uses names of horse breeds. Galloway was used here. If you enter this in Google, you will find a cattle species and further down the Galloway pony, which is probably meant here.
The bottles are very pretty and match the fragrance in white. I associate white with purity and elegance. This applies to this fragrance: it accompanies the wearer through the day. The price (without grey market or offer) is about 200 Euro a 125ml. It is also available as 75ml, which is about 150 Euro.

The fragrance is not very complex, but of high quality and very pleasant. Especially for everyday use. I feel it as a well-groomed gentle fragrance with a pleasant peppery note. The pyramid here lacks citric notes, which give the fragrance a pleasant freshness. Especially for the opening a pleasant citric freshness, in addition a concentrated load of pepper. I like it very much. Gentle notes quickly join in. Orange blossom and iris provide a cultivated and stylish concept. It also goes very well with the peppered citric. On top of this comes a large load of musk, which rounds off the creation well. As I said: Little complex, but high quality and pleasant. Predestined for stylish everyday life. Also wearable throughout the year, from midsummer to winter.
Performance is rather moderate. The durability is quite good, but the Sillage is a bit more than close. For the formal everyday life nevertheless not out of place.
I also ordered a sample of the twin fragrance Lalique White and sprayed it next to each other. I wouldn't describe him as a twin. Although they go in a similar direction, they are a good way apart. Also from the price, which is also the big shortcoming of the Galloway. Formal good scents of the day are already thrown at you.
Apart from the price: If you are looking for a high-quality daily fragrance, you will find it here. Extremely pleasant from start to finish.
AnjaTom
Percival does NOT replace this Galloway!
I didn't really want to write a comment on this fragrance, but after I've written one about Percival and there are many who want to know the difference between the two, I want to lose a few sentences here:

First of all, if I had to choose between one of them, it would be Galloway! Why?
Quite simply, Galloway is simply the more unique (even not excessive) of the two fragrances.
He's a tick pepperier, cheekier, louder and still bright!
It starts citrically peppery, the iris comes out quite clearly, at the latest after 30 min and for a fresh fragrance it has an ordendliche Sillage and shelf life! Hats off!
Give him time!
No normal pepper is here in the top note, the horse theme of Marly actually reminds me at the beginning rather of - sorry - horse piss, but see the title of the commentary, I find the top note almost an imposition, but then the biting peppery one as said below is well embedded and reminds me neither of Amouage Reflection, because not oriental at all, nor really of Lalique White, because completely without its citrusiness and without its pencil smell. I also think that the fragrance here is "underrated", as we have something here that is otherwise difficult to find, a rather summery fragrance that you can wear even at warmer temperatures and that has a decent shelf life.
Soapy everyday scent
Because of the hype around the Parfums de Marly brand, I was looking for a while for samples, bottlings and shops where these fragrances are sold. So far none of the Marlys is so good that it would be worth considering a bottle. Only Layton is quite passable so far, but he will not move in either.

What makes the brand stand out are the super heavy and powerful fragrances, as well as the bottles with the same characteristics. Galloway is neither sweet nor heavy.
It starts citric biting, with pepper being very present from the beginning. In the course of time it loses its aggressiveness and becomes more sweet and flowery. Probably due to the orange blossom, with iris giving a slight powdery effect. In the end it fades away cleanly and the musk takes over
On the whole, this is nice to smell, but there are cheaper alternatives. For fans of the brand perhaps despite the simplicity of a must.

What you have to give him credit for is the very good shelf life, silage and wearability of the fragrance.

I love this stuff !
Parfums de marly is one of the best niche brands, their fragrances have a very good quality and and special character. This one is my favourite together with oajan. It is unique, not a masterpiece by any mean but the opposite it is a niche version of a mass appealing musky freshness. The pepper, the musk, the freshness and the spices are so well made and super powerful with an orange leaves background this stuff is super versitile and super sexy , good bye creed Silver Mountain Water!

MrHonestMrHonest 2 years ago
Have you ever used an electric saw to saw a 2x4 in an enclosed space? Amplify that smell by 3 and you've got Galloway. Super heady burning.
ToreterToreter 2 years ago
Pepper + pepper+pepper ++pepper+amber+musk+¿vanilla?+pepper+Parfums de Marly soul. Last all day, for pepper lovers. Not bad at all 8/10 :D
Pietros921Pietros921 3 years ago
Last all day on my skin

happy “quaranteaster” everybody! ;) let’s share all the love we’ve got while staying at home... stay safe!
by Felsn
parfums de marly - galloway: nur ein wenig puderzucker und pfeffer auf der frisch gebleichten weissen weste - ansonsten mag er’s unbefleckt & farblos - denn dieser jockey ist ein echter saubermann! ;)
by Felsn
by FernandoBR
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly