Godolphin by Parfums de Marly

Godolphin is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Thyme, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Musk, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Lila, last update on 22.08.2019

10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Fine leather jacket
What an evening
Saturday evening a good friend wants to go to celebrate and asked me to come along.
So it is 22 o'clock go fast still in the shower and make me slowly finished . Stand in front of my wardrobe and think about what I could wear tonight :)
Blue jeans black jeans the choice is difficult for me :)
after long consideration I decided unimaginatively for a black jeans black sweater with a heavy robust rocker leather jacket and black boots. So the look fits, all in black you can do nothing wrong "I thought to myself". Then my cell phone rang .
"Hurry up, I'm already down" my friend had arrived and I quickly packed everything together and go. When I locked the door of my apartment, I remembered... e have no smell on it " and back again.
Stand in front of my modest collection and quickly consider which one are you doing up? Aventus? Would fit but no... you can't stand it :)
And look what's sparkling like a gold bar ?
Godolphin my eyes shine and say "yes you will manage that! "
After I had sprayed myself generously, I ran down the stairs and what stood in front of the door? It's not a made-up story!!!
A 911 Turbo boahhh just thought the hammer and guess in which color:) no joke really! The car was completely painted black with the rims ...!!!!! Matching the outfit ;)
We drove off and made our way to the club .
while driving the song was played by Tupac (all eyez on me)
Sounds asian sorry :) but seemed like a superstar to me :))
finally arrived we stood in front of the Club Pearl (the hottest nightclub in Berlin) strutted I walked with Godolphin and my leather jacket, past the whole queue waiting to come in. The security opened the VIP entrance for us and I thought the song just won't stop "all eyez on me" :))))

Why am I telling the whole thing without talking about the scent in detail?
Don't you know the feeling of feeling special on special days? Wearing his lover's jacket or jeans? Some say what role does it matter what you wear or where you are when the scent makes you like it up? But I see it differently because Godolphin was the perfect companion and gave me great joy :)))))

Godolphin harmonized super with the leather jacket it smelled fruity, noble, woody, spicy and discreetly after finest leather.
For special evenings a great companion that looks noble, luxurious and discreet.

The shelf life is quite good, even if the Sillage decreases after about 1-2 hours and is very close to the skin recognizable.
What has bothered me personally but not.

Hope you weren't bored?
I'm not the best writer, like many others.

Please for understanding:))))
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

AnjaTom
The "luxury cocain bar of gold" scent!
I can't say who it was anymore, but a user (or a Youtuber) here has described the scent as follows:
It smells like pulling a line from a gold bar ;-)
I for my part would summarize it rather like this - leather & LUXURE PURE!!

Clearly, it is very similar to the TL of TF. No question at all!
It also crystallizes very clearly on the fragrance pyramid.
For my part I find it much rounder, softer, but by no means feminine!
You have to decide for yourself what you like better, but the TL is much rougher and more scratchy...nevertheless you notice him clearly that he is rather unisex like the Godolphin.

Durability and Silliage are as with almost all Marly´s Top, as one is used to it.
It's certainly not everyone's thing and anything but universal, but I think it's great!
Almost mainstream leather, which should not be devaluing at all.
Who is planning to buy a leatherling should definitely compare TL and G, because equal is not equal!!
Herb-fruity, leathery, oriental! A great mixture!

Spend your $ for Godolphin $
It´s worth it!
10.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Basti87
It takes getting used to, but it's got something to do with it
Another comment from me about a perfume of the brand Parfums de Marly. I just like the brand because there's something for everyone. The assortment serves many tastes, most of which are fragrances that go down well with Sicherhiet. Godolphin is certainly not as safe as Herod, Layton or Oajan. But I find it interesting.

I ordered a bottling of this fragrance because I found the concept exciting. Especially this prollige bottle including fragrance pyramid. A great bottle, solid, gold and simply noble. Even if the flacons look pretty much the same, in gold simply the noblest and most beautiful. Great!
I found the fragrance pyramid exciting. I'm not a big leather fan when it comes to fragrance. But in combination with the other notes I was curious.

As I said, not a fragrance that will appeal to everyone. As it already says in the top statement: He really has approaches of spiritus. What I find great right from the start is that he has a lot of individuality. If you smell this scent, you don't have the feeling that you have smelled it before if you don't know it. For niche lovers perhaps nothing completely new, for designer lovers however unique.
What stands in the foreground over the entire course is this strong leather note. Also extremely active in the opening. In addition, there are fruity notes that need getting used to in combination with leather, but are quite convincing. With the fruity notes I perceive above all berry notes, which are very present. It is very leathery, fruity, tart and becomes clearly softer and gentler in the base. It is hardly sweet, but very gentle and sensual at the end with amber, musk and cedar wood.
The performance is very good, like most leather scents. Leather is simply a note that usually lasts very long and is very present. Here, too. Sillage is also good and the shelf life is around 10 hours. A fragrance that scores more on distance. I'm sure a lot of people won't like him smelling too close. This makes it especially an outdoor and night scent in my opinion.

Conclusion: Not everyone will like it, yet very individual and noble with good performance
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Flowers, sweets and leather
Godolphin opens with very intense flowery notes of Saffron, Thyme, Cypress toned down with some green notes, and with some added muskyness to the whole. The other things I notice after the heavy floral opening, are the Fruity notes with Vanilla, and some Amber. These together gave me the impression of leather. I have read some reviews(on other sites), which described this, as more of a floral scent than a leather one. For me it is clearly a leather scent, but not the "raw leather jacket" type of leather. For me it is sweet gourmand leather, with flowers. At later points I can feel some dry woodsyness to it also. It could be labeled as a unisex, maybe more on the feminine side. Give it a try if you like leather scents!

Carlitos01 7 days ago
A very competitive scent in the leather front! On a pair with Tuscan Leather and its good clones minus the top raspberry note (thank God!).+2
9.0
JoaoMartins 7 months ago
I prefer this one over TL? Am I a weirdo? Smells better to me and the 125ml costs the same as the TL 50ml
9.0

by CarlMacau
by CarlMacau
by Sarungal
Ich habe manch gülden Parfum  ;)
by steamyandor