Layton by Parfums de Marly
Top 1 in Men's Perfume
Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2016. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Pegasus

SandalwoodSandalwood
CardamomCardamom
VanillaVanilla
Pink pepperPink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.10.2021.

Just..
... Just fine.
I am unfortunately not so the imaginative writer, but more the analyst ? hence my sober assessment. This fragrance is an absolute feel-good fragrance that you can wear in the cooler autumn days and in winter for any occasion. The very classy sweetness of vanilla, combined with jasmine and light pepper as it progresses.... The scent is classy and striking, but not overbearing. My new No. 1 for the cold days
Reformulated?!?!
Ok now I finally understand why everyone writes Détour Noir by Al Haramain is just like Layton (and I thought my nose is broken). The smells really 1:1 like the Layton...the Layton of today, which I have tested in the store today. But I bought a sample 2 years ago via fragrantworldshop (never had fakes there) which smelled totally different and much much better and has almost nothing to do with the Layton of Today. What have they done with this fragrance? The Layton of today is really nothing special and if I recognize correctly, is missing especially this slightly minty note, which makes the old Layton next to these fruity so special. But if you like the new Layton, save your money and really don't buy it, Detour Noir is really 1:1 the same for 30 Euro. Also durability.
My heart belongs to you
A coincidence let me one beautiful evening with my girlfriend (who also owns this account) into an inconspicuous, but very high-quality perfumery stroll. I already had some experience with fragrances from the niche world, so I was also PdM Layton already a term. Imposingly, the bottle stood present in a glass shelf - but this day should not bring us together yet. Just to ironically weise Layton was one of the very few me not yet known fragrances, with which I felt that evening probably no urge to try.

No 24h later I stood again in front of the aforementioned glass shelf - and this time there was only one fragrance, where I was sure I wanted to experience it.
And then it happened: a wonderful opening of apple, tangerine and a hint of menthol, but with a perfection, as I have never been allowed to perceive. After a short while, methol disappears behind the curtain and vanilla makes its appearance. I can't think of anything else to call this fragrance perfect, holistic and complete. Everything fits together perfectly - A seductive sweetness underlaid with the addictive vanilla make this fragrance absolute perfection.

With Layton I feel royal
with Layton I feel sublime
i feel like i'm above what's to come
Now he's gone..
I've only just decided to write a review of this particular scent and it's because I sold my Layton today. The parting was not easy for me, but I have survived more difficult farewells and life will go on without Layton.

Layton was my first "niche" fragrance and also the first fragrance I spent so much money on. I thought it would stay in my collection forever. Today I had to find out once again, wrong thought... Although I first Herod and later also Percival inspired, I have struck first with Layton. I have to admit that I was influenced by all the praises on Parfumo and Youtube and just had to have this fragrance. It was not a blind purchase, because I have tested the fragrance first in a perfumery and then also got me 2 original samples to convince me of its quality and uniqueness.

In the beginning, I went with Layton very sparingly, even though I owned the 125 ml bottle. It was so unique to me that I only wore it on special occasions. In the beginning, I already thought that the fragrance is so great that it will rain compliments and I will surely be asked about my fragrance often. Well, wrong again. In the past two years, I haven't been asked about Layton once and there haven't been any compliments either. Strange, isn't it? With Valentino Uomo Intense or D&G Light Blue Intense, it's quite different and there are always compliments and inquiries. The compliments are also not so important to me, but after so many praises I found it very strange.

Layton opens very fruity, but also mentholated and then becomes slightly woody and very sweet later on. Layton has for me a very nice DNA, however, it is very monotonously sweet and you smell only a few individual fragrance components out. The most distinct I smell is a very nice vanilla in the drydown and otherwise it's the apple in the opening, the lavender and probably guaiac wood. I don't smell any other fragrances out here. Layton to me is like a sweet fruit basket doused with lots of nice vanilla. I realized over time that it's just too sweet for me and for that reason, its adult brother Layton Exclusif will probably replace it in my collection.

The second reason Layton had to go is called Détour Noir by Al Haramain. Through this fragrance I started to doubt the quality of Parfums de Marly and I couldn't explain how it is possible to make such a similar clone for so little money. I immediately sold my Detour Noir because I'm not a big fan of dupes, but it left a bitter aftertaste and I started thinking about the quality of Layton and the price. If I hadn't tried Detour Noir, Layton would still be in my collection. So they both had to go and I will probably only give Layton Exclusif another chance.

I will also not change my rating here, because Layton will always be special to me and this fragrance DNA is really very nice, but I will not wear it again.

Thanks for reading and a nice weekend to all!

laytonnnn
THIS fragrance is SOOOOO GOOOOOOD. the spiced apple with some freshness in the opening. wich stays quite a while projecting beautyfully getting all the attention from the lady's. after a while the vanilla comes out more and it goes heavy on it mixed with something else tho not only vanilla i think its a vanilla cardamom mix maybe with some apple but damn does it smell good. to me there is nothing really feminine about this is more masculine one of my favs. 10/10
but still id say try before you buy.
Nipoza
Perfume de Marlay Layton, yes I want ..
Parfum de Marley Layton is a so-called "Fruitchouli", just a fruity Patchouliduft.
Included are bergamot, lavender, apple, mandarin, violet, jasmine, geranium, guaiac wood, patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, vanilla and pepper. For me, a delicious mix of fruits, florals, woods and spices.
Led by bergamot and apple in tangy passion. Through the beguiling amber increases the intensity, which in turn is still increased by pink pepper.
Vanilla and woods contribute to the sophisticated and addictive character. Rounded off by an intriguing hint of caramelized coffee. For me, one of the most beautiful fragrances ever
Perfumery at its best
This fragrance is just great and is guaranteed to get you hooked.

Layton is a sweet scent that performs best in cooler temperatures.
Certainly not for the height of summer.

The longevity and sillage are really above average. Which is why I can not recommend it just because of the sillage for the office. You will there probably because of the fragrance composition nowhere to tick, but he performs just too strong which is why he will be in the long run just too penetrating.

With me on the skin he is really 8-10 hours so present that I smell him constantly, which is just great. I can perceive him close to the skin even the next morning, which is why I would like to recommend him here explicitly for dates.

Currently really my favorite fragrance.

The price I find reasonable.
Vanilla crescents in autumn
Is the summer already over,
there is again apple porridge,
mixed with a creamy vanilla,
it rises many in the head, as if one had a promille.

Don't wear the scent to the office,
that is not so the A and O,
Wear it rather on a date,
there he is best sprayed.

Layton was my second PDM fragrance after Herod. Layton is a very sweet scent that is good to wear in the fall or winter. The projection is mega, so I can only advise you not to wear this scent in the office.

The vanilla is in combination with the apple a very creamy fragrance note.
For me, the fragrance is perfect for a pub night and a few beers.
(If you drink mulled wine, wear rather Herod, that fits better).

Layton is a good scent to stand out with. I can recommend Layton to anyone who likes sweeter scents and doesn't want to be too oriental.
The fragrance character is very appealing to many.
My first niche fragrance
I remember it very clearly. My work colleague came into my office to bring me something. This quickly became a minor matter when I smelled Layton. Of course I asked which fragrance smelled so good and shortly after he left I was already looking for it. 210€ for 125ml. Not bad I thought and closed the page again. I will never buy it. But it came differently. The next days I thought a lot about the fragrance, but buying it was still out of the question. At some point I lost sight of Layton or rather lost my nose. But when my colleague passed by my door a few weeks later and I smelled the fragrance all the way into my room, I couldn't help but order it. Unfortunately, I have to say that Layton had a worse longevity than I had hoped for the first time. I had the feeling that it was just not as strong as my colleague. So I checked the community and apparently the newer batches haven't been left long enough. This is now almost 6 months ago and so slowly I think the scent has reached the same durability as from my colleague. I am absolutely satisfied and can recommend the fragrance to everyone!
Marbeau
Gourmand or not? No matter, the fragrance is great!

The discussion - strengthened in international forums - about whether it is with Layton a Gourmand fragrance or not, I would answer with a clear YES.
Apple, cinnamon & vanilla let some quickly group this PdM banger in the "hot and delicious - direction". But this fragrance can do so much more than just smell like a visit to the Christmas market. In the sillage, the little androgynous sweetness prevails; but if you get closer to the wearer, it gains spiciness and masculinity. Therefore, in my opinion, the sometimes publicized comparison to my current favorite "Arabesque", which seems more like the classic unisex fragrance for nibbling.
Layton belongs for me, next to Herod and Pegasus, in the TOP3 - Riege of Parfum de Marly fragrances.

LukmoeLukmoe 2 months ago
Layton is the fragrance that opened the niche world for me. I love this fragrance. The performance of this fragrance is above average.
FerasFeras 3 months ago
I don’t understand the hype and reviews it’s too sweet not in a nice way and generic. A blind buy that i regret.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Warm apple pie, as is popular opinion. There's more fruit than apple and more spices than cinnamon, but that's basically correct.
HandsomeMikeHandsomeMike 4 months ago
Smell simply divine
ShagfragShagfrag 4 months ago
This scent is reminiscent of an Indonesian herbal medicine. If you are familiar with that scent, Marly's Layton might not be very appealing!
PauljaegerPauljaeger 5 months ago
The longevity on this one... I can always smell it on me the next day. And on clothes? I can smell it strongly on a sweater I wore last week
Blako11Blako11 5 months ago
ME ENCANTA EL AROMA. Lástima la duración en piel, en la mia deja mucho que desear.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Spicy, sweet, fruity, woody. It's a crowd-pleaser, not a complex niche or groundbreaking scent. Creamy with apple, cardamom and vanilla.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 9 months ago
Mediocre designer fragrance on steroids and overpriced. Buy Annick Menardo's Boss Bottled instead. 2/5
NicSealNicSeal 9 months ago
A full bodied vanilla, cardamom, and apple beauty with an aphrodisiac aura.

parfums de marly - layton : wiedererkennungsgrad = wie ein blauer apfelstrudel! :) trotz überfülltem pdm reitstall der neuzugang aufm ponyhof - hab quasi die gesamte herde von hinten gezäumt :D kommt halt auf den riechwinkel an...
by Felsn
by Mivvuass
by Toemsken
by Toemsken

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly