Layton by Parfums de Marly
Top 1 in Men's Perfume
Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Pegasus

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Apple, Lavender, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Jasmine, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cardamom, Vanilla, Pink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.04.2021.

My first niche fragrance
Briefly before I give my opinion and thoughts. Many thanks to the nice Parfumo for the filling. :)

I have taken a lot of time over the last 4 days to form an opinion about it and can say beforehand that it is a top fragrance for my taste. However, I needed some time to form an opinion about it, as it was not quite so simple.

How I perceive the fragrance:

After spraying the scent on for the first time, I was a little confused. I perceived an almost pungent citrus note, with strong lavender. Since I am quite inexperienced, what concerns perfume I was a little disappointed about it. Too hastily I thought "Oh that's it?". I smelled the back of my hand a lot for the first few minutes... After about 10 - 15 minutes, I noticed this citrusy note fading further and further into the background. As time went on, I noticed more and more of a warm vanilla note... and something else... but I can't put my finger on it unfortunately. I think it's the sandalwood, which is in the fragrance pyramid. The lavender combines very well in my eyes with the vanilla and something woody which is not too intrusive. As penetrating sweet I have him, like many others here not felt. Will perhaps also be due to the fact that it was not particularly warm here when testing. Durability and sillage I felt as quite good... after about 8 hours he was still perceptible on the back of my hand.

In the end, it is for me a successful fragrance. However, he has not convinced me for the time being at the price, there it remains only times at the filling.

Love greetings

David
Akuza
Niche fragrance with the "mass appeal" of a designer
One of my favorites and a true masterpiece!

I knn me the fragrance but only for u35 imagine, because of the sweetness and playfulness, unless you are young at heart and it fits the person.

Fruity, fresh, sweet and spicy at the same time. It is "mass appealing " like a designer fragrance but on a new level. Very high quality and unique .

I love it and so do the women. A real compliment magnet that every person has liked so far. Who has problems to get compliments, will get this with this fragrance definitv.

You can always wear it, except for the hot summer days. Since the sweetness would suffocate one.

H/S are also excellent!

When all my samples are empty will definitely buy the bottle. As of now: 7/20ml left.
Profundity in a bottle
This ladies and gentlemen is an official "wink" scent of a very attractive man :)
This man is on a date right now which is going very well....why? Because he smells good!!! It's as simple as that :)
He's wearing Layton, of course, and he's driving his date crazy right now....
She (his gorgeous date) is just wondering if he's dated many women this week...is she number 5 or is she already number 8? Why on earth is he single? Did he possibly cheat on his ex??? .... I wouldn't put it past him, since he's so stunningly handsome and possibly even gets a cell phone number slipped to him at the checkout at Aldi....

okey sorry i digress...

As may already be apparent from this comment, I find this scent very appealing and deep on a man. It is not too much and not too little...just right!
But now for the scent: it's sweetly spicy and turns creamy. I smell a fruity apple paired with noble spices and vanilla (a pinch of patchouli is also perceptible).
This man winks at a woman very confidently when he wears this scent....that's why this is a "wink" scent to me...just sexy :)

Durability is about 7-8 hours. Also the sillage is moderate to very good! What more could you want?

Greetings your Angelina

Baywatch meets 007
My first step toward PDM's highly touted Layton involved a mixture of euphoria and worry.
For months, I considered getting this fragrance. I did it in the end.

The look of the bottle alone makes Layton smell better.

Skit: A fragrance from PDM is a must-have in any collection.

Why Layton ? Well, it was the closest to my taste. Fresh, but strong.
Citrusy, but with a drydown that resembles a lawyer's closing argument in a John Grisham novel.

As a person with many interests, diversity, including fragrances, appeals to me.
But even in matters of diversity, there must be some harmony.
This is PDM succeeded with flying colors.

But beware:
Layton and I are like brother and sister who love each other but often fight.
You don't want to miss the scent, but occasionally annoy.
Therefore, necessarily one should have the right TIMING
for this fragrance possess.

Because:
Layton means "yes" when he says "no" and "no" when he says "yes".

Means:
If I think of Layton before or after sports, I should let it go, because this scent only fakes its freshness and then just sucks.
However, if I want to go out in the evening and think to myself "nee Layton would be too fresh now" this is EXACTLY the right time to give Layton the preference.

Overall, a very high-quality fragrance that dares a daring balancing act between citrus and sweet, which after about 2-3 hours the stage for the "Tres Deliquentes" vanilla, pink pepper and amber
makes free.
Shpend
My all time favourite !!!
For me personally, one of the best perfumes of all time!
A very harmonious fragrance, a feel-good fragrance that still smells masculine and adult.
It was love at first sight , this slightly tart , but still sweet apple note , accompanied by a slight freshness , right at the beginning , a dream.

Then this vanillig/woody note , which accompanies one over the whole day , for me personally indispensable.
H/S are really above average with my bottle , I can apply it in the morning and will still hear ne light note in the evening.

On the whole , I can only say , durability TOP , fragrance TOP , compliments from gentlemen and ladies guaranteed.

I can only recommend!
Dearest Parfums de Marly
My favorite sweet scent!
You can accuse him perhaps very mainstreamig to be but he is at least one Lvl over
the designers. Is perhaps also one of its greatest advantages that he loves the ''masses''.
The performance is sublime and I can actually picture him all year round, but more in the evenings and never in high temperatures.
Its swinging sweetness and overall flow make it a masterpiece!
Layton the best PDM?
I bought the PDM Layton as a travel set with the noble pocket atomizer, which was really mega noble processed and is very heavy, as known from PDM. The Layton has a very blunt opening and then comes the apple and the vanilla to geltung. After about 3 hours I personally take only the vanilla with a slight hint of freshness was. The fragrance lasts about 9 hours and has a nice sillage, which has also brought me directly 3 compliments. The flacons are really top at PDM. I would buy it again
Apple and vanilla dream
What to say about layton? The fragrance is simply ne safe bank so you can not go wrong. Vanilla and apple vibes make this fragrance simply attractive and sexy for every season ... mega performance ... a dream of fragrance
The Mainstream Niche
Parfums de Marly. A name as he could not sound nicer for a French perfume house. It directly suggests something noble, if not even noble. Add to this a handsome price and the outwardly well-formed image of a niche house is complete. Of course, this is accompanied by expectations. For the invested money, it should also be something special.
Special is the flacon in any case! A rough, not to see through body looks mysterious and the engraved logo of the house simply noble. About the heavy weight of the bottle (cap) have already been made many jokes and I smile again and again when I hold this brute heavy thing in my hands. Here, too, one remains true to itself and the weight as well as the processing are simply a treat. The flacon comes to the high expectations so fully. But now to the fragrance.

The fragrance is beautiful! It does not take much to break him down. It opens with a beautiful apple note and then quickly becomes a comforting warm sweet vanilla. Even though the scent itself is great and the blending is at the very highest level, I have to say that something is missing.
For a niche fragrance for which you put a lot of money on the counter, it is then but something stringent. As I have already described it is easy to break down. From a beautiful niche perfume, however, I expect a certain complexity, that certain something just. Layton opens violently and this violence remains. There is no roller coaster ride of fragrance nuances. One must be aware of this. However, this should in no way mean that it is a boring, bad fragrance. No. I like Layton from the fragrance DNA extremely well and I hang sometimes almost addicted to my bottle to smell it. It's just that little twist that I'm missing here. PDM has already shown that they can do better with the Exclusif variant of the fragrance. Here, the great original DNA is taken and underlaid with a wonderful woody tone that gives exactly this said twist.
In terms of performance, however, Layton screams niche again. Two sprays are enough and the fragrance sticks to you all day. Strong! Also, the sillage is well above average and you will definitely be noticed across rooms.

The fragrance is very easy to like and actually pleases every person who smells it. Also, this does not necessarily suggest niche (But that should not be a negative point now). Wear Layton should also actually only in colder temperatures, because the sweetness is otherwise clearly too penetrating. Also, a spray can be tempting for a nice date evening (But please not in the summer in the evening still 25 degrees :D).

So with Layton you get a very nice fragrance with an incredibly good performance and addictive potential. A really good all-rounder for the winter with everyone can grab a few compliments. However, if you are looking for a beautiful niche fragrance that is a little more complex and may also like to polarize times, then you are at Layton in the wrong place.

Compliment pulling beautiful fragrance
Opens with what feels like a mostly green apple scent to my nose, mandarin orange, and lavender. Floral mid, with a warm woody, creamy, sweet vanilla finish. I can get a solid 8-10 hour scent bubble when it is sprayed on my clothing (6-8 sprays), and I cant still smell this fragrance on my clothing the following day. In an office setting I usually have 1 person ask me what I am wearing (male or female) on days when I wear this fragrance (sorry but I never tell) I love this fragrance, but only wear it when I need a pick me up or a special event. I feel it's outdoor projection in the cold may not be as noticeable as Pegasus, I occasionally layer it with ambroxan or BR540 if I will be in the outdoors or really want to get noticed.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Spicy, sweet, fruity, woody. It's a crowd-pleaser, not a complex niche or groundbreaking scent. Creamy with apple, cardamom and vanilla.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Mediocre designer fragrance on steroids and overpriced. Buy Annick Menardo's Boss Bottled instead. 2/5
NicSealNicSeal 3 months ago
A full bodied vanilla, cardamom, and apple beauty with an aphrodisiac aura.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 4 months ago
Decent but not worth the hype. Boss Bottled meets Ultramale, a bit too sweet for my taste, gone after 6h. Great for rainy days
911Frags911Frags 5 months ago
this is not niche at all... but come on, its a dumb reach and a good one for beginners so they can tell that they got a niche
Djsc23Djsc23 5 months ago
If you want people to keep social distance, please don’t wear this perfume!
It’s a beautiful sweet apple/vanilla/cardamon fragrance.
BielwenassBielwenass 5 months ago
Sweetness here is completely off the charts. Cloying.
PedroDarkPedroDark 6 months ago
An awsome apple mixed with a great vanille, makes this fragrance a must buy for all of that guys that like a remarkable one!
AldestAldest 6 months ago
Synthetic fruity-woody-spicy ....
It doesn't work on me, because when I read all the reviews, I really don't see the point.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 6 months ago
Smells good but for me is just one more...sthg btwn stronger with you, A. Code, polo red extreme and bleu de Chanel. Moderate performance...

by Gothic
by Gothic
parfums de marly - layton : wiedererkennungsgrad = wie ein blauer apfelstrudel! :) trotz überfülltem pdm reitstall der neuzugang aufm ponyhof - hab quasi die gesamte herde von hinten gezäumt :D kommt halt auf den riechwinkel an...
by Felsn
by Schokodrinks
by Mivvuass
by Mivvuass

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly