Layton by Parfums de Marly
Top 2 in Men's Perfume
Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Pegasus

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange AppleApple LavenderLavender BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesVioletViolet JasmineJasmine GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac woodGaiac wood PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood CardamomCardamom VanillaVanilla Pink pepperPink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.05.2022.

ScentSlaveScentSlave 3 years ago
THIS one is SPECIAL, in a new term of the word.... from the opening through the dry down, it leaves you ever so proud. A dark, almost “spicy” intro flows into...
VitoditoVitodito 2 months ago
Layton to me smells like a normal designer fragrance like Hugo Boss or just about. I mean, it’s a nice perfume (i wouldn’t wear it because...

Vitodito
Designer smell in an expensive bottle

I mean, it’s a nice perfume (i wouldn’t wear it because it’s a very common smell) but i don’t see the point in spending so much money for a designer-ish fragrance.

Just a personal opinion, i’m not a fan of this house. For me niche perfumery is much more than putting a mass appealing juice in an expensive bottle. Sorry.

The King of Sweet
There’s not many perfumes that excite me anymore, but I must confess, when I bought and used a sample of Layton for the first time…. Oh man.
My first experience with the house of Marly, and such a great one. I ended up buying the bottle right here in the Souk. I just… had to had it.
Like I keep saying my follow perfumerie apassionados, I trust you all know already that there are THOUSANDS of good and great perfumes, but just a selected few are truly special.
Layton, kind of reminiscent of Boss Bottled Intense EDP (which I also have, cause it’s just damn delicious) it makes it more masculine and just a BEAST in the projection and Sillage department. You will get noticed. For me personally, it’s a autumn and winter scent, I don’t see myself using it in the heat, cause like I said… it’s powerful.
I asked my female boss what she thought about it the first time, and her words were “delicious”. I could ask 10 women more, and probably their answers would be more or less the same. Don’t over-spray, you don’t need it, and it can become too much. I consider this to be something SPECIAL, and worth every cent.

TaoEuringer
Through the eyes of another
I have a unique perspective on Layton. I myself do own a sample, and it was in fact the first niche fragrance I ever put my nose to. It contained depth and development of the sort, I had not experienced up until then. However, this is not the Layton I will describe or review. I write a review on the Layton that was worn by a good friend of mine, and that I got to know second-hand.

Some days, before going out you take a breath of fresh air, and the air has a sort of premonition. A premonition of a night to come, inducing something approximating the unbridled desire to live life. Now, Layton in summer evenings captures the essence of this. The cardamom gives texture to the air you breathe. The vanilla sparks the senses, instigating action. The lavender smooths all jagged edges, providing a sort of grace to the scene.

I can't say that most people reading this or more generally smelling Layton will have the same association. What I can say is that Layton is a damn good fragrance to make associations to. If it will be the summer you fell in love for the first time, the process of growing up to be the man you want to be, or rediscovering your youthfulness, Layton is a mold ready to be imprinted upon.

So if you ever go fragrance shopping with a friend, do both of you a favor and point over to Layton.
...good longevity and projection

Layton
This is a great fragrance.

The opening is a bit surprising, with the "mentholy" vibe, but after few minutes the scent is really amazing.
I mainly get vanilla, and the scent is unisex in my opinion. This is very, very sweet (a few girls around me find it almost too sweet but still very nice). Layton is fairly well appreciated and complimented when I wear it in general.

Performance is good, whether the projection or longevity, as expected for the price you pay.

It can be used all year round (maybe not during hot summer days though).

One of my favorite perfumes, for sure.

The 2nd Winner from PDM
At first as test, I sprayed Layton on my hand and on the other hand I put Carlisle, I felt Layton and Carlisle are in same scent vibe, I mean you may notice some similarity in the scent, but Layton is seemed to me more with darker note, I thought I was wrong about my judgement, but I realize I'm not the only one, so you may not figure out the difference blindly.

On my skin, Carlisle stand longer than Layton, so I can name the winner so far from my collection is the beast ( Carlisle ) and ( Layton ) became the second in the performance longevity test.

diffidently the house of PARFUMS DE MARLY is great unique perfumery house, and so many of their perfumes lines are must have in your collection

An Improbable Story
Layton, another winning horse? Named after one of the most prolific lines of thoroughbred horses in history, Layton continues perfume houses' extravagant and historic fragrance line. The fragrance has a fruity and floral oriental slant, with many profiles enclosed in a spray. The scent of it drives me crazy!

I feel an initial explosion of the fresh accord that fuses the fruity of the crunchy green apple. It is a subdued apple not as prominent as in Boss Bottled Eau de Toilette, for example, with a touch of apple pie, sweet mandarin, the spiciness is more from the peel than give the fruit. And vanilla as a background. Yes, the dominant vanilla is present from the start. I get a ton of mint cardamom, which blends with the fruits. Plus, a burst of aromatic lavender pops up, more herbaceous than floral. The opening, therefore, is unexpectedly fresh and captivating. Initially, I had this sharp note on my skin, almost like the smell of Vicks Vaporub, but thankfully, most of it disappeared after it dried.

Then, the floral heart of violet, jasmine, geranium blooms after a while. Layton becomes floral in the heart, although the floral doesn't fall into the female territory, and leans towards the sexy masculine with fresh lavender. I mean, I see a woman wearing Layton, but the fragrance keeps a masculine cut, elegant and not rude. Among the flowers, I also feel the rose. It's kind of creamy roses like rose or rosewood and not mentioned.

I get the creamy and sweet spiciness of vanilla and sandalwood on the bottom. The base is further amplified by the amber nuance, reinforced by pink pepper, rarely used as a base note. The rosy of the heart develops through a compelling nuance of caramelised coffee, perhaps caramelised vanilla. Although it starts out as a solid masculine fragrance, it runs out into an absolutely seductive scent, with a complete and perfect balance of creamy vanilla, spicy pepper and softwood. I can almost feel a slight cinnamon flavour on the dusty side, but I don't see it in the notes. Nor do I see tonka, and the dustiness is clear.

A compliment grabber, sensual and welcoming. I wore it yesterday and was asked what perfume I was wearing because it smelled good; and then, in the evening, after I reapplied it, another friend of mine asked for the same. Unfortunately, the fragrance doesn't perform well, at least on my skin. Projection and sillage are above average, but longevity is moderate. Fortunately, it stays on for a long time and works best in my clothes even after a long day. Day, night, casual, formal, office. It is your choice when to wear it. I can wear it in three out of four seasons. I would avoid wearing it only on hot days to keep it from getting cloying and getting too obnoxious. So, in my opinion, the retail price is not worth it, even if the overall aroma is delightful.

I base the review on a decant I have owned since November 2021.

-Elysium
A door to a new world..
There I was in one of our urban perfumeries. Rather emotionless I tried some standard fragrances through and after a short break I remembered this one fragrance that was recommended to me once... Layton was his name! I asked the perfumery employee for the fragrance, which she luckily had in stock. From "Parfums de Marly" I had never heard anything before.

Expectant and curious, I sprayed this for me then exclusive and expensive fragrance on a perfume strip and it overwhelmed me.

This fresh, exclusive fragrance, this symphony of individually perceptible ingredients. I was enthralled. A door opened into a new world.
Admittedly: At the time, I was not even aware of what niche fragrances even are and what variety the perfume industry still offers.

Fragrance: Fresh, strong, masculine & exclusive.
The composition of the initial freshness of tangerine and apple, the slightly rosy transition and the rounding, woody base with vanilla, lets the individual ingredients harmonize great.

H&S: Brilliant performance, powerful & intense. The scent can be perceived partly a few days later still on the clothes.

Flacon: Lines up typically in the PdM series. Beautiful, heavy and noble flacon.

Conclusion: My first niche fragrance and (proper) entry into the diverse perfume world, so Layton has certainly a special place with me.
Nevertheless, you get here a great evening / going out fragrance for special occasions with an outstanding performance, which I think you can wear at almost any time of year.
Four hours seriously?
I went today once again as usual end of month in my favorite perfumery with the demand to buy the so well rated Layton... arrived, approached and applied. I waited smelled, waited and smelled again. Ok this is it now? This can't be it, seriously? Is it the Layton everyone is talking soooo good about? Is my nose broken? Well, clouded by the ergebniss I have decided afterwards for a niche fragrance and am saddened in a cafe driven.

When I was at home I wanted to do a little housekeeping and laundry. There was what, there is what? I smelled again at my wrist and there it was!!! Yes it was there! The flowers and a hint of vanilla with sandalwood, fantastically enticing, not intrusive, elegant. Ohja not bad, but did I have to wait now for it whole four hours around into the taste of this wonderful smell to come?
Or am I there alone?

CheeseChurch
Meh….not much else for me…
Genuine item from Selfridges.
Vanilla bomb for first ten minutes. Skin scent for an hour afterwards then just a faint whiff of vanilla on skin for a further hour.
Nothing special.
I often wonder if it’s my nose but, I also wonder if these supposedly great scents contain some kind of hypnotic effect causing mass hysteria with positive reviews.
Anyways, maybe I just got unlucky with a bad batch but be aware, the bad are out there and you could also get stung.
Shame!
Giggs1980
High on horseback as usual!
I have to confess, Layton is one of PdM's weaker scents for me.
Which is not to say that he is not good. His sweetness is just not always portable and eckt here and there times. You have to dose him with caution. Vorallem in the office he should not gain the upper hand, otherwise you are quickly alone in the room.

Otherwise, a really great fragrance that remains pretty linear, which has probably given him a high degree of popularity.
I don't know where this comes from. But I always have such a tick mint in the scent progression. Seems to be probably from the pepper.
Maybe the nose plays a trick on me.
The H/S is standard with PdM very high.
There you get what for the money.
With me he moved in 2 years ago... and has a permanent place in the collection

SyddemizardSyddemizard 2 months ago
When I wish to like to someone special I wear Layton. It´s my first option. Always Layton works awesome.
Beymen27Beymen27 2 months ago
Mein absoluter Favorit!
Kann man jedem empfehlen!
PDM üblich qualitativ sehr gut:)
Johnlamb83Johnlamb83 3 months ago
Easy to wear, sexy and long lasting. Any season or ocasion! One of my favourites and very close to a perfection imho!
AnsonPoohAnsonPooh 3 months ago
A very sophisticated and alluring scent. Fresh green apples, creamy sweet vanilla and a hint of spicy pink pepper. Smooth and long-lasting!
Arman038Arman038 4 months ago
Sweet-spicy oriental fragrance with great longevity and projection. One of my favorites!
TuxedoManTuxedoMan 5 months ago
The miracle fragrance from Parfums de Marly! A true women magnet.
older bottles performed much better from my experience
ElysiumElysium 5 months ago
It's a fruity and floral oriental slant, with many shapes enclosed in a spray. A good balance of creamy vanilla, spicy pepper, and softwood.
ScentPTScentPT 6 months ago
Amazing fragrance with a wonderful performance.
JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
Great scent, I do get that hint of Vicks vaporub in the opening, but it doesn’t take away from anything. Dry down is rich, sweet, masculine.
LukmoeLukmoe 9 months ago
Layton is the fragrance that opened the niche world for me. I love this fragrance. The performance of this fragrance is above average.

parfums de marly - layton : wiedererkennungsgrad = wie ein blauer apfelstrudel! :) trotz überfülltem pdm reitstall der neuzugang aufm ponyhof - hab quasi die gesamte herde von hinten gezäumt :D kommt halt auf den riechwinkel an...
by Felsn
by Mivvuass
by Toemsken
by Toemsken

Popular by Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Haltane by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly