Layton by Parfums de Marly

Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Apple, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Jasmine, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cardamom, Vanilla, Pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.09.2019

9.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Duftiibus
One always gone:) dancing with the apple:)
A great perfume, the combination of mandarin and apple are super and very pleasant and make the fruity sweetness at the start of this perfume then come the floral notes and then the sandalwood and cardamom/vanilla .. a super fragrance on my skin.

Had some trouble at the beginning with the sweetness of the fragrance but it is worth to smell it on the skin.

For me a spicy/woody/vanilla/cardamom scent with sweet accents
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Sweet temptation
My first contact with Layton was about two years ago.

Tested in a small Hamburg perfumery on a cold November day. As usual in a pretty, high-quality and heavy bottle.

After the first contact I ordered a bottling to test him extensively.

Shortly after the spraying I was disappointed, but with every minute I liked it better. Fruity in the beginning, but not too fresh, sweet. Apple and cardamom are clearly perceptible. In the middle, a sweetness I can't define. Slowly and leisurely he changes. The Drydown has it in it. He gets soft and cuddly. It snuggles up gently to you. Reminds me of warm vanilla sauce.

Durability and Sillage are extreme. In consideration of your environment, it is best to use only discreetly.

No revolution. He won't touch it. Don't turn anything upside down. A fragrance inspired by the mainstream. Does that make him bad? No! A reliable and successful fragrance from Marly
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

Layton or Vanillayton?
A powdery sweet fragrance that has more vanilla than Herod & Pegasus combined. Vanilla pudding would do just fine, wouldn't it?
At first a little lavender appears but with the amount of sweet I think you should inject Apidra subcutaneously before you suffer a hyperglycemic coma. It's really a penetrating vanilla note with some wood and more also not.
Herod has more character for me at the same time he convinces with a good development and more spice. Pegasus is more mature and remains more complex until the end.
Layton however has no development and only wants to project sugar at maximum.
Waiting for a nice ending but nothing came. It can't be my nose although my olfactory cells are busy not dying of diabetic ketoacidosis. My pancreas has given up by now
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Excellent
Ordered a 10 ml sample. Unique smell. It’s so good that I’m going to order a full bottle at some point. The opening is my favorite in my whole collection. Lasts all day too. Definitely worth the price tag.

Rating: 9.5
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

TBXXI
"...here it smells like a brothel"
First of all it has to be said that I will not go into the scent of the individual notes. It's more about a field report about the first meeting with Layton and going out together.

Layton is one of my first fragrances of Parfums de Marly. How did I get into this? I stood in Munich in a renowned perfumery and wanted to try Layton's older brother. Pegasus.

However, the bottle was empty and the nice lady offered to give me a sample as it was still in stock. Arrived at home and looked into the bag she even packed me 2 samples.
Once Herod and "unfortunately" no Pegasus. It was Layton. Strongly disappointed by the lady's competence I sprayed the Layton on the back of my hand. I got kicked out of the kitchen chair halfway when that scent went up my nose. Such a strong prelude and room-filling like no other fragrance from me. A spicy-sweet prelude with the said apple note. I didn't have to smell more than the top note. The decision had been made. It's almost too sweet for the summer, but a look at the weather forecast said to me:
"Perfect. The evenings will be below the 20°C mark, you have to order Layton now. This will be your new scent for going out!"

No sooner said than done, 3 days later it rang and the postman handed me the package just in time for the start of the weekend. Unpacked immediately and almost shot through the parquet floor. In the heat of the moment, the heavy lid almost slipped out of my hand and almost knocked the tenant to death one floor below me.
In any case, a very high-quality feel and top workmanship with a lid that is felt more than twice as heavy as the full bottle itself. Quite an eye-catcher in every collection!

A look at the clock told me that I had to leave as soon as possible, because 3 colleagues were waiting for me. We drove to Rottweil, 80km away, because we had tickets for an event in the most famous location of the area. Just before going out, a friend wanted to use my perfume. I don't usually do this because I don't want anyone in the group to smell the same as me. But since I never smelled the scent on anyone else before and I wanted to put the durability and Sillage to the test, I sprayed him and me behind the ears. He just wrinkled his nose. No comment on the fragrance.

When the other friend entered the room, he just laughed and said: "Boah, that is disgusting... "It smells like a brothel. We all laughed and finally walked towards the party. To be honest, my laughter was artificial because I was a little offended and uncertain whether Layton was really THE fragrance I had imagined. But suddenly a distant cry came from behind: "That's insane how the scent radiates, we can even smell it from behind! It smells much better now than it did at the beginning, not so fruity!".
That must be the heart note now, I just thought to myself and turned around. He projects untrue while running loosely over 5m! Geil thought I just and went self-confident and radiant like a honey pie horse in the club.

It must have just been a grenade. Due to the hot/humid atmosphere in the club, Layton has already taken almost half the dance floor despite >6h wearing time. Although there were few openly expressed compliments, men turned around both women and men as they walked by and looked after them. Judging by the facial expressions, it was predominantly a positive contact with the little horse. At 6 o'clock in the morning the long celebration was already over but not for the scent. Of course the Sillage was mostly gone but still perceptible at 30cm.

Unfortunately I don't have more impressions of Layton, which will change with the cooler weather! In summary, I can only say: Go for it! A great fragrance for autumn/winter or cooler spring/summer evenings. But be careful! In my opinion, this fragrance above 20°C is almost a no-go in the public eye. Much too present and intrusive.

I hope I could write you a little insight into my first experience :-)
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

The Boss Botteled Upgrade
The Layton - the classic from Parfums de Marly. Spicy and oriental with a very slight freshness, it comes along and really smells of what a niche perfume is all about - different from the broad mass.

The scent:
Really good! It smells spicy oriental and slightly fresh. Personally, I think he's close to the Boss Botteled, but he's one level higher. You can see it this way, as with the Reflection Man/Le Male story - he has similarities - is fundamentally different in the scent DNA though. It can be used in winter, in the evening or at night in the disco. He's nothing to me for warm days.
It smells very strange when sprayed on for the first time - so much that I almost wanted to wash it off again. But over time it has become one of my favorite fragrances.

Durability/Sillage:
Very good One of the fragrances that have really good durability! 10h are in my room with good Sillage. He's definitely present for many hours.

Flacon:
Nice! Simple and very chic - typical Parfums de Marly halt.

Conclusion:
If you like Hugo Boss - Botteled - you should definitely test it. Even if you are looking for a fragrance that you can often wear to celebrate or in winter, you should test it - of course if you want to spend the change. Layton is for me a fragrance that smells unique and lasts for a long time - hat off!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

TRehf
The first niche I've ever tried and now my first review
Background story:

I was in London at Selfridges about 2 years ago and PdM Layton was the first niche fragrance that I've ever smelled. I was wowed by the complexity as Layton manages to be fresh and sweet at the same time as well as the notes being so distinguishable and still the whole composition being so well-blended. It was an immediate buy for me.
So why not writing my first review about Layton?

Things about Layton that come in my mind:

- Maybe the best niche fragrance to start with
- very mass-appealing
- in my opinion not designer-ish, because of the complexity of the fragrance
- can be worn in spring, autumn and winter as well as cooler summer evenings/nights (spring & autumn fits best)
- can be worn at any occation -> I mostly wear it when it is important to leave a good first impression
- I usually wear 3-5 sprays

Scent:
- starts on my skin as a mix of apple and something almost minty, very fresh with a spicy undertone from the cardamon (first 2h)
- develops from a fresh to a woody vanilla scent while the spicy undertone stays (after 2h)

subjective rating: 9,5
objective rating: 8,5 (I do see most people liking this even if they are not frangrance enthusiasts)

Longevity:
- Layton stays on my skin for 9...10 hours

rating: 9,5

Sillage:
- it is still noticeable after 4 hours but I think it becomes a skin scent before the 5th hour

rating: 9

Bottle/Packaging:
- heavy bottle & cap

rating: 8,5
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Elegant, beautiful fragrance
A normal day, somewhere in the... nowhere? Rudi Ratlos and Miss Gelaunt...

Rudi: Good day, the lady!

Miss Gelaunt: Tach du Pfeife, listen ma, ick such wat feinet for my husband, for the Mister Gelaunt, kannste ma da wat empfehlen?

Rudi: In which direction should the perfume go? So what does your husband like? And on what occasion?

Miss Gelaunt: How? What direction? You want to take my arm? Straight ahead, of course! What does he like? Foot in the buttocks! No fun, the birdie likes vanilla, wood and all that. Occasion? Free time, evening, work...

Rudi: So you are looking for a perfume which is unisex?

Miss Gelaunt: What isn't dat for a mess here? Perfume you have sex with in a university? Since when does et give then sowat?

Rudi: No, no, you misunderstood me! Unisex means it is suitable for both men and women.

Miss Moody: Oh, well, then say it right away, you banger! So... i hate what you're doing
Rudi: Come with me, I'll show you a great perfume from Parfüms de Marly. I'm sure both you and your husband will like it! This is called Parfums de Marly Layton and it fits your description perfectly. It is perfect for leisure, work, going out, autumn, winter and spring.

Miss Gelaunt: What's perfume de marly? I only know Charly and she's a monkey, just like you! Do you know Charly? Came on TV once!

Rudi: Yes, I know but the perfume has nothing to do with a monkey or chimpanzee named Charly. Parfüms de Marly is a niche perfume house from France that tells the story of King Ludwig the 15th.

Miss Gelaunt: Ahja...??

Rudi: Here, smell it!

Miss Gelaunt: Jau, that smells snug, ick wees janich so jenau after wat, irjendwie so after... Sugar, vanilla and flowers, can be dit?

Rudi: Almost right... The perfume contains mandarin, apple, lavender, violet, jasmine, rose geranium, guaiac, patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, vanilla and pepper.

Miss Moody: Apple... yeah, she's always stealing from the neighbor's garden, so it's a little more miserable, weeste? Whenever ick asked if ick could get some apples, he would always take care of himself: "Nüscht bekommste und jetzt cre creep dir! What? There's a jasmine in there? What's her last name and where does she live? Mr. Paschulke of dandelion plays with lavender?

Rudi: No, Jasmine is a flower, a plant and not a human being, just like Patchouli.

Rudi: There are people who smell a menthol smell at the very beginning and call this a kind of "Vick Vaporub" smell. This odour is probably due to a combination of lavender and patchouli. In the further process the smell then becomes more pleasant and a little flowery and ends with a beautiful vanilla and woodiness.

Miss Gelaunt: Yeah, I was just wondering how long you've been, weeste? Cause it's like cough smoke in here. Must've come from the perfume, which was

Rudi: Exactly, that's exactly what I just mentioned with the menthol smell.

Miss Gelaunt: How long does the coughing breath stay there?

Rudi: Don't worry, the smell stays for 5-10 minutes and then gets weaker.

Miss Gelaunt: You're right, dude! *Sniff* Now smells ick wat blumijet and vanilla.

Rudi: Yes, this is the so-called heart note, which consists of violet, jasmine and rose geranium as already mentioned.

Miss Gelaunt: Violet sachste, huh? I'm going to miss you, too, white violets?

Rudi: How do you like the drydown of the perfume?

Miss Gelaunt: The wat? If you're so kicked, then see ick och so'n Drei daun.

Rudi: Drydown is when the perfume unfolds its effect for a while and then slowly fades out
Miss Moody: Oh well, I'll sniff... Yeah, you're right, dat smells really nice woody vanilla, a little peppery and sweet, dat even I can wear. Wait for my boyfriend, if my husband is working, then I'll overturn that stuff too.

Rudi: I'm glad to hear that. What you are smelling right now is the so-called base note, which consists of guaiac wood, patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, vanilla and pepper. And of course you are absolutely right, even a woman can wear this without any problems. I forgot to ask: How do you like the bottle?

Miss Gelaunt: Wat fürn Kokon denn?

Rudi: No, the FLAKON, the bottle is the bottle where the perfume is!

Miss Gelaunt: Aso... Yeah, but it's a heavy thing to cut, but it's a noble thing. Especially how the lid shines here, dat my husband can use jut as a shaving mirror, understand?

Rudi: Well... for a mirror to shave, the lid is a bit too small, a real mirror would be better.

Miss Gelaunt: You're right again. Wat costs dat jute piece?

Rudi: Well... I must be honest: It is not quite favorable! 50ml cost 150,00€, 125ml currently cost me 190,00€.

Miss Gelaunt: What isn't with you janzisch? 150€? 190€? Poohh, that's a nice bunch of Jeld but on the other hand... my treasure is worth something to me after all. Pack me up with that 125ml thing.

Rudi: With pleasure! May it be anything else?

Miss Gelaunt: Yes, if you could wrap it in newspaper with a bow and write on it: For my dear husband, you are the best man in the world, your Miss Moody!

Rudi: Gladly. I'll just wrap it up in wrapping paper for you. Can I do anything else for you or was it that?

Miss Moody: Oh... while you're so nice to frajen... You could come to my house and paint the house, wash the car, wallpaper, clean my carpet, transfer money, emigrate...

Rudi: Well, I packed it for you. Have fun with it!

Miss Gelaunt: Thank you very much. Do et jut, huh? See you soon.

Rudi: You're welcome. Come again soon!
Miss Gelaunt: Bye!
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Steee
More than a "niche designer"?
Layton was my first niche fragrance and at the beginning I would like to briefly describe how it came about. Perfumes have been with me for a while now, but in the beginning it was of course mostly the designer sector. Say if you want to try a fragrance, off to the blue D and done. With increasing interest I found this forum here and finally Layton quite fast. My first order of bottlings therefore included Layton and Aventus, among others. What else? As I was getting closer to the mailbox, a cloud of scent rose into my nose that completely convinced me. I was just wondering which of the two fragrances I mentioned it might be and no matter which one it is, sooner or later it must be part of my collection. Package unpacked and found out that the Layton filling had unfortunately run out halfway, a pity, but when I think back, it was even worth it for this first impression.
So that's how I got this scent. Of course I tried it in different locations and have to say that I didn't feel very comfortable in the office because it's too loud for that... maybe I should have just taken one instead of three sprayers... whatever.
The fragrance is not linear, but in my opinion is not as extreme as some other fragrances. It starts sweet and stays sweet, but at the beginning rather fruity. Not fresh-fruity but rather like a very ripe fruit. Later, the sweetness is rather due to the vanilla and it becomes a little softer.
Although I've already read something about weaker batches, I can't confirm that. It lasts 8 hours without any problems and I would classify the Sillage as more than 3 hours. In this respect it is made for very cold days or parties.
Compliments are also inevitable. For those of you who value it, a little story to go with it. Of course, as a student you go out to celebrate one or two times or another. Already when I was picked up and got into the car, the girlfriend of a good friend let me know directly, "Oh today you smell good" (Gucci had put on Intense Oud the day before, she didn't seem to think it was bad but worse than Layton), whereupon another guy in the car directly added, "Yes, I thought that too!"
When we arrived at a friend's house for a "preglow", whom I didn't know before, we went to a club about three hours later. There the inhibition threshold was apparently lower and the previous host ran past behind me, turned around and shouted into my ear "Hey, I noticed earlier that you smell damn good, what have you got on it?"! ... by the way that was about 4 hours after spraying on, in a club, which already says a lot about H&S. By the way, this was one of the less compliments I got from someone I hardly know and in addition the most positive remarks in such a short time.
In summary, a beautiful, heavy, sweet fragrance that some would probably call a niche designer because it is actually very suitable for the masses. For me it's definitely much more, because just like you would expect from a Parfums de Marly, the quality speaks volumes here and so he has also without any problems the Ultra Male out of my collection. I would say that these two cannot be compared because of the enormous difference in quality, even if the fragrance and applications are very similar to the sweet-fruity vanilla itself. This will remain in any case a firm component of my collection, would recommend everyone this at least once to sample. Thanks for reading. :)

Headstrong
...and washed soft, you are....
wonderful for all lovers of Aventus, Terre D'Hermès, Sauvage, Acqua Di Sale and Molecule 01, perfectly washed corners, no edges, dreamlike beautiful, expensive mainstream the zero comma zero is individual and therefore, like the ape scents mentioned at the beginning also every hipster who has run away whose religion is Jeremy Fragrance likes. Amen.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Layton is simply everything
Hello dear Parfumos,

Anyone who has read the rest of my comments knows that I am very squeamish with the selection criteria of my perfume collection, because I only want to come to a maximum of 15 perfumes that I own for the rest of my life. I am not an absolute perfume junkie who sees absolute art in every drop of perfume. And does not need or want to have 100 different fragrances. I like to dress up smartly and value my appearance. For me, this also includes owning or using the right perfume for every occasion. So and now to dear Layton. I orientate myself a lot on Youtube and other things, in order to get inspirations, which scent one can test. So of course I couldn't get past Parfums de Marly Layton. So I ordered a bottle of Layton some time ago. At first, I thought he wasn't so great. Somehow it smells damn good, but it's indefinable to me. I smell apple at the beginning, that's all. No fun, I don't smell a single ingredient except the apple at the beginning and the vanilla at the end. But as I mentioned before, I am so fond of perfume to smell good, not to challenge and train my nose in 1000 different ways. And god damn it, I tested that for several months. He's just brutally horny. For me, a fragrance must express a personality. Every perfume in my collection should represent a stereotype and therefore be perfect for various occasions. It must have an enormous durability and also be well perceived. Because I also like to smell the perfume for me alone, but if I want to convey a message, or I use perfume as a support for my well-groomed and styled appearance and and and this is to emphasize, for a bottle 150 euros, then I also want that other people smell me. To get back to the title, Layton is a certain stereotype for me. Layton is my "Swiss Army Knife". Layton is my leather jacket, my club visit, my business meeting, my coat, my jacket, my white shirt, my black sweater, my diving watch, my Seiko Cocktail Time, my cosy evening at the open fire, my restaurant visit... he's just mine! I could smell the bottle all day, I could spray it on myself and smell it all day, my girlfriend could put it on and I would smell her all day. So to get out of the swarm. Is he special? No, I don't think so. And that doesn't mean everything smells like that. You won't have smelled something like this in form yet, but you'll know it anyway. Just don't hold on to being so unbelievably irresistible.
I tell you people, buy a bottle and test, test not once, not twice, not three times, smell it again and again, again and again. He won't let you go. If I had to describe Layton with one word, which is rather ironic, because for me it is a perfume that absolutely everyone will like when it floats around in the air, which is incredibly difficult to differentiate in a fragrance direction, so anything but a word to describe, I would almost take a word that is rarely used here. Perfect! Perfect! Layton is my perfection. He's everything. And besides, since I just ordered it, it just moved into my Top 15 for life.
If you're looking for something that smells awesome, lasts a long time, radiates well and should get positive reactions, I'll gladly accept your thanks after you've read this comment and ordered a bottling, sniffed at it and after some time you'll be drawn into its spell and I've almost made you 150 euros poorer
With that in mind, what happened. May we all always smell good :)!
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Menikmati
the sweet slap in the face
Tested several times and never really knew what to think of him!
But now I know it: A wild juvenile who spends the nights in clubs and discos. Sweet tornado that radiates in all directions, extremely restless. As for durability, I must say I was disappointed. After only a few hours it goes unnoticed and needs to be sprayed again.
It's not made for me, and frankly you can get some alternatives for a lot less money. Candied apple, Haribo gummy bears & Co.
9.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

Special request
Hello.
I'd like seventy-five milliliters of the twelve-hour layton. But please only the first five minutes of the surprising top note and the last four hours of the dreamlike sensual drydown. You may keep the rest.
And by the way, the fragrance is meant to be a gift. Could you leave the price on, please?
8.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Prinzmustang
American pie like warm apple pie
The opening reminds me a bit of yakult only a bit spicier and a bit more floral. After about 30 minutes it reminds me of a baked apple pie, ala vanilla, some apple, some spice and some woody earthy notes. The base smells to me like a creamy black forest cake, something vanilla woody earthy something shockoladig coffee caramel-like
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

My oh my....
THIS one is SPECIAL, in a new term of the word.... from the opening through the dry down, it leaves you ever so proud.

A dark, almost “spicy” intro flows into that ever so enchanting, mystifying dry down. It’s almost self intoxicating, as I find myself re-smelling it as the day progresses.

I’m ever so happy I made this investment; as this one sits on a podium all by itself.
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

DarkWinterCS
The scent that doesn't know what it wants
Layton, the fragrance that is the main pattern for niche fragrances, is named as one of the first fragrances you should know about in this price segment. I, too, approached this fragrance in such a way. Because if you follow the nice gentlemen on YouTube a bit, Layton is regarded as a universal niche and very much praised.

Well, after Yuniqu gave me the opportunity, I wanted to try my luck and convince myself of the qualities. All right, let's get it up on the skin and sniff it. Hmm okay, yeah, hmm, well... I don't know, was that it? I'm not one to judge his scents by the top note only, but it should make me curious in some way and already bring something. Unfortunately, I didn't know what to think of the Layton from the top note onwards. Because while my darlings lure me with notes to try and sniff more, so this one tries to hit you around the ears a lot and want everything with once.
But I try to explain it with the individual compositions of the scents or to draw comparisons to other scents.
In the top note up to the transition to the heart note Layton reminds me very strongly of One Million Prive and Stronger with you Intensely. Something bitter-sugar-wadded-sweet with a hint of spice. With Layton there is something green in addition, which I can't describe exactly. Since I first kicked the Prive out of my collection because it had too much cotton candy for me, the booth wasn't very good for Layton. It developed a little greener afterwards, with more spice and less sweetness. Cardamom was added relatively at the beginning. Actually a great note, but it should be used sparingly. As with the Kilian Intoxicated, too much of it could be heard here. While with the Kilian this note says goodbye after a while and gives way to other things, the Layton (on my skin) remains true to the green-spicy motto. The whole thing is then complemented by floral notes, so that the confusion is complete.

It remains from beginning to end a smell, which does not know on my skin what it would like. The fragrance then tries to pass through the complete fragrance wheel in the course of its development. From sweet to spicy and green to woody and flowery. There should probably be something for every taste. However, it is rather a compote of everything that simply does not satisfy the lover of certain notes. Perhaps PdM wanted to design a niche fragrance for the masses. For me unfortunately a case that I can put to the files.

However, one must keep him to good that he remains very long on the skin and also very unisex comes along. My mother as a flowery-spicy fragrance lover liked the fragrance immediately, although she tends to be even more exclusive.
If the scent had been set in one direction, it would have been something for both of us. In the current state it is rather a journey through the forest with a defective compass.
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Guilty Pleasure
Guilty Pleasure : Translated from English-A guilty pleasure is something like a movie, a TV show, or a piece of music you enjoy even though you know it's not generally regarded highly or as unusual or comic
As always applies: Who feels addressed here, or is insulted transfers me 1 Euro!

Do you know that?
You're testing a scent you've actually ruled out for yourself. There are many examples why this is so, the reputation of a perfume, its wearer (the client), a lot of synthetic, or simply the fragrance in general.

I do not mean this exclusively for me, but generally.

Well, why do I connect Layton with the generation Youtube, which I really don't belong to now because of my age and I also have a lot of prejudices against it, this is no secret even after my comment on the icon of Dunhill.
Why is that? Well, let's say I'm encouraged daily in my bicycle helmet theory mentioned there.
It is sweet, strong and very synthetic and is worn by many younger ones, so my impression, similar to fragrances by Versace, which also enjoy great popularity among teens and twens.

Experienced noses, which are feeding on noble Guerlains, MFKs, or anything else, turn up their noses at this one.

But I think he's awesome!!!!! I can't help it...isso!

It starts fresh and fruity and whoever has indicated here that he is coming to Boss Bottled should go to the ENT. That kept me from testing it for a long time, because I can't smell it anymore, but I can't see the trace of it.
But I also don't recognize any single components, only that it becomes flowery and spicy shortly afterwards and then a really good vanilla is added, which is not intrusive, but somehow resonates. That's very nice.

But the scent remains fresh and is not as sweet as I thought at first. Cardamom supports that again. It doesn't have much more history. But it's good.

What I like best is that it doesn't hang permanently in the nose, but always shows itself depending on the movement and that over the whole day. That's very fine. So no constant fire, but a constant companion, I had expected quite different here.

You know, if Layton was a car, it'd be a Nissan or a Subaru, as in The Fast and the Furious movies. I like Muscle Cars.

If Layton was a music genre, it would be hip hop somehow, I like Rock'n Roll.

If Layton was a movie, it'd be like New Kids Nitro, I love Star Wars.

If Layton was a cap, then a baseball cap with a straight shield, I like curved shield.

If Layton was a computer game, then Fortnite, I always liked real 3D Shooter ala Doom & Quake.

If Layton was a pair of shoes, then red sneakers, I like other colors.

And yet I think he's great. Yeah, well!

You can always wear it, except for midsummer, it's also up to date and it's just nice to wear a fresh fragrance right now, which doesn't necessarily need warmth to shine and which creates a bit of variety between all the winter wummsers.

Above all, it goes to any occasion, so also a very good all-purpose weapon.

What's wrong with me? I don't know, but it's fun so far.

Do you also know or?
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Jilly
Sweet treat from the shower maker? Or is it Amor's messenger?
How I got to Layton.... yes it's been about 6 months and I hadn't been busy with fragrances yet, but I was just on my mission to explore the department stores and perfumeries. Names told me nothing - let alone what a niche scent is. I didn't have a pale haze o.k. Do you have to have that with mid-20s too?
It was summer and I was on vacation in Hamburg. During a shopping trip through the city I ended up in a well-known department store (the one with the blue lettering...). Arrived there I had actually planned to test the One Million. A very good friend of mine adored this scent and wore it herself. Neija, as a slightly crushed fool you have to look at this little water and try it out for yourself to see how it is received and whether it unfolds its effect ;). Short and sweet - the spark did not jump over in both respects ;). But I had an experience of a different kind. I was fascinated by the large antique pharmacy cupboard in the department store and the princely perfumes placed there in a niche, not immediately visible, but designed with style. Just as princely I found the pricing - it was, as I now know, all niche fragrances. The bottles of Parfums de Marly were almost all empty. But I first sniffed out Herod how an addicted junkie infused his drugs (on the bottle) and found this scent already very exciting.... the sellers were not interested in it anyway. Neija took courage and sprayed the only bottle on the shelf that wasn't empty, for lack of paper strips, directly on the skin (it was Layton). Ohhh wow - there came memories. It smells 1:1 like my favourite cola (the one from the much said shower manufacturer with the two bulls in the logo). I then fogged myself with the scent and wrote down the name. I must treat myself to that at some point I only thought.
Neija now to here and now. This fragrance has occupied me for a long time, I ordered the bottle only a few days ago for a good course. To be on the safe side, I would like to send you a rehearsal with Kitho from the souk, whom I would like to thank very much at this point. This came today - even before the bottle.
I don't know what to say. I opened the sample and gave myself 3 sprays after showering. What a delightfully opulent scent. It smells like Coke. Very sweet - in the drydown it gets a bit harder. He's been on me like a limpet for eight hours now. It's a shelf life and sillage monster. It smells fruity, sweetish and sticks very much at the beginning - the whole pair with a background of slightly woody notes after a few hours. It's a total chameleon this scent. After about 5 hours it changes again and the fruits are gone. It becomes totally soft and cuddly. This is my personal hit.
Today I somehow only had very sensual associations - if you think now about crossing Layton with Tom Ford's new Lost Cherry..... wow that could be a love story. Sensually bedded cola kisses sweet cherry. So if you're female and between 20 and 34, totally into Lost Cherry - then we should chat immediately ;).
In this sense - a great part and gets from me for the fragrance 10.0 points.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

An uncreative headline
The fragrance opens fruity-sweet. On the surface a green apple wrapped in a floral-powdery sweet. The opening reminds me a bit of BossBottled or JaguarGold, mainly because of the apple note, but still a very successful opening. The only thing that bothers me about the apple is that it smells like an incompletely reacted ester. If you have lab experience, you know exactly what I mean. It's hard to describe. Well, what can I say, it wouldn't be so bad, but I don't get olfactory fatigue from Layton, which is why I smell this ester over 3h and that makes me get a light headache.
The drydown is really very nice. Sweet-spicy woody. I don't think that's all you need to say. Really excellent.

Performance:
- Shelf life 9/10: I applied the fragrance at 9am and it lasted until 6:30pm. Until approx. 14 o'clock I could still perceive the smell very well myself. I don't know if he lasted long after that. How do I get to 18:30 o'clock you probably ask yourselves xD At 18:30 o'clock I had Feierabend and I said goodbye to a few colleagues and got 2 compliments for the fragrance.

- Projection 9/10: Beastmode is all I'm saying. I applied 4 splashes and that was probably too much of a good thing. 9 o'clock I was told and as soon as I got on the bus I noticed that some of them were turning in my direction. Very strange feeling when half the bus looks at you at once. Then I thought to myself: Ohhh boy next time I'll put less of it on. 10 o'clock Arrived at work I walk past the office of my boss and say hello and get a compliment for my fragrance. For info I am standing in the door and her desk is about 2m away. Steer to my workplace to turn a colleague says: "Age have you been sucking in perfume or what? I'm like, "Uhh, does that smell so bad? He: No smells very good but it knocks you out.
Embarrassed, I sit at my table and my colleague opposite says: Please come here. I did it said. She takes a deep breath through her nose and says: "I knew that the great smell came from you, what's the name of the perfume?
Another colleague noticed how you were sniffing at me and came running right up to smell me.
At the end of the working day as written above I said goodbye to the staff and got two more compliments.

- Conclusion:
The first time worn and five compliments received and normally I get very few. I noticed four splashes are a little too much of a good thing I felt half West Germany smelled me with the haze I pulled behind me.
Rating for the fragrance: 9/10. Actually I would give Layton the full score but I smell this ester for a very long time and that bothers me

Layton A Superb Scent
SOTD: 12/16/18

To my nose is a unique opening I scent the apple, vanilla, cardamom, pepper and patchouli, all are very well blended. Just loved the scent and Layton is my very first niche fragrance from Parfums de Marly. Probably it will be my signature scent down the line, Layton it projects above average and longevity/performance stays on my skin between 12+ hrs or longer. It's suitable for the fall/winter and will be in my winter rotation 2018/2019.

Scent: 9/10
Projection/Sillage: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 9/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10 : lasted on my skin between around 12-15+ hrs
Overall: 9.5/10

Carlitos01 35 days ago
Everybody likes Layton. The spicy & woddy sweet drydown is particulary pleasant. It's close enough to the more expensive Exclusif flanker.+3
9.0
KingPin 47 days ago
On me it starts with a cloying sweet cream scent, then it turns into Boss Bottled (which is ok I guess). Not for me, can’t stand the start.+1
3.5