Layton by Parfums de Marly
Top 5 in Men's Perfume
Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Pegasus

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Apple, Lavender, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Jasmine, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cardamom, Vanilla, Pink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.01.2021.

Grandma's warm apple pie
The headline is in no way meant pejoratively, but speaks on the whole for this incredible natural quality of the fragrance.

It starts off beautifully fruity for my nose. The apple and the tangerine come super to the geltung, even if they are still something of a soft, floral fragrance at the beginning. With time, however, it becomes warmer and "more tart", even if that sounds a bit contradictory, but I perceive it only after a certain time as a men's perfume. Slowly the spicy notes come through, which must be caused by the patchouli and the cardamom. The woody notes support it a bit more without making it seem harsher. He remains all the time beautifully soft and sensual.

After what feels like an eternity, the vanilla joins in and he is once again a tad sweeter, which does him as a winter / autumn fragrance in no way harm. Slowly Grandma's warm apple pie came to mind, because it brings back memories of childhood, when you have warmed up after the snowball fights outside at the grandparents and Grandma served the warm cake.

All in all, this is a super beautiful, perfectly balanced scent that my olfactory senses find incredibly balanced and sensual. I have him today now for more than 10 hours on the skin and despite the fact that I have already changed again, the two sprays stand their ground and accompany me already the whole day. An end is actually not yet in sight. The durability and the sillage are outstanding. This is definitely a reason for me to reach so deep into my pocket and I will get it next year in winter at the latest. ( Now are first of all summer fragrances ;-) )

Parfums de Marly - Layton.

- Roadrunner
The emperor among horses
I'm good at chatting, but texting was never mine! But now the good old Layton has earned a comment.

Layton is a very special and quite uniquer fragrance, which is definitely worth its price. When you hold the bottle in your hand, you feel like you're doing bicep curls with a dumbbell, as it's very high quality and massive and gives the feeling of niche, although I can't say that about the packaging.

After spraying, you immediately notice that a sweet note reminiscent of an apple stands out, surrounded by citrusy fruit. I really like this sweet fruity component in the opening. As the fragrance progresses, it evolves and becomes a delicious and interesting oriental that is enhanced with a woody vanilla note. The DNA is really nice because you can really notice the progression from the sweet opening into the spicy drydown. Every now and then I take the bottle and smell the sprayer to experience feelings of happiness. :)

I'm also pretty sure - not like many other fragrances - that the scent is very pleasing and not that polarizing. Therefore, the Layton is definitely suitable for a blind purchase.

About the performance: KRAAAAAAFT! More need not be said.

Conclusion: This fragrance performs very well in the categories of fragrance, durability, sillage and bottle and is mMn one of the best fragrances from the house of PdM. The packaging could be fancier, but the price is still justified for this excellent fragrance.

You will regret it....
...if you don't buy this fragrance. That's what I thought when I smelled it for the first time. Because of my conscience I "had" to buy this one. The very first time I smelled it, I thought of a chic, modern cabin in the middle of a snowy landscape. While wearing a collared sweater and cuddling with a beautiful lady, eating an apple pie, which tastes incredibly dreamy.
Yes that's how the scent smells to me. Can I also recommend for younger, which are looking for a slightly heavier fragrance in the Nichenwelt. Find the really super delicious and in my opinion the second best PdM next to Oajan
JoeXquisite
Head forester Hugo, far away from nature
Yeah, yeah, said the old perfumer, Hugo was his name while he swung from apple to vanilla,
to preserve the good scents,
that were stacked up in the corner.
For it was war, and perfumes were expensive, and his son was to perfume himself.
And the responsible client
looked out from behind the sofa, completely drunk.
Yeah, yeah, said the old perfumer,
Hugo was his name
and all the animals of the forest said pooh to him.
And his wife the käte,
the seams and stitching,
until she pricked her finger
and the sugar water splashed for miles
up into the supposed perfume heaven.
~Folk poem

Arbitrary, unmanly without being feminine, floppy. The Exclusif has at least tried to maintain his dignity and is just arbitrary. Smells sexy if you are a Christmas cookie or a fruit fly
Tango the 2nd
Many moons ago I wrote a commentary that revealed a lot about my moving ovaries. The scent that achieved this effect at that time eventually disappeared. But the feeling, which came over me, I can still remember very well and vividly.
Today I received a fragrance package from a dear perfumer who also added some Layton. And BOOM. Loins in tango mode, please fasten your seat belts!
A lot has been written about it here. For me the fragrance house is still new, was still a perfume de Marly virgin. Whether the fragrance is overpriced or not, I'm not really interested in right now! Because: ES.RIECHT.SOOOO.GUUUUT! EXCELLENCE!!!

I am also not interested in the scent, which can be heard in any case. I don't care that it starts off lively and fruity, then becomes soft, warm, sweet, spicy, vanilla... I don't care! It's just so good! He doesn't remind me of Boss Bottled either. Pffff. Sorry, Hugo, please sit. Now it's men's turn!

I don't really care that he has unisex qualities. Although, wait, wait, delete the "uni." YES! Then we're already on the subject! The scent quickly puts me in a mood that can definitely be experienced in different positions. I don't know if it's allowed to write here that a scent makes you horny, so I'll leave that alone. If I should offend someone with it, I am not sorry either. SORRY! My head's so busy right now, I can't forget to breathe. Once the blood starts to boil like this, the brain doesn't stand a chance. Brain can take a break for a few hours.

I am aware that this is MY opinion and therefore neither applies to all women nor is it otherwise representative. But... Really, from the depths of my hot body: ES.RIECHT.SOOOOO.GUT! Please please smell like this, dear men!
*purr*

Your Mari
A love on four legs - Layton
It's been a long time, my friends. Over six years ago, I left my last comment here. What happened? A lot..., but there is a constant like 6 or 10 years before, it is perfume! Parfumo was one of the sites that enlightened me about a lot of things concerning fragrances and everything around them. Parfumo has always been an integral part of my hobby.

Why am I writing this? After at least 500 if not more tested perfumes, I get to the point where I don't want to have perfumes that I can't just wear. Sure, you could say, all fragrances can be worn freestyle - at least not with me.

Why the introduction? Because Layton simply opened up a lot of things to me again in terms of fragrances. It was one of the two perfumes in my life where after the first one I just thought that this is a great scent and I fell in love immediately. Usually the process is super long until you buy it, here I tested it on Saturday and on Wednesday it was already at my place. This never happens.

The flacon and the presentation are excellent, what a flacon. The sprayer? World class!

Starts with a nice apple paired with a juicy bergamot as I find. Boss Bottled? Absolute nonsense - sorry guys :)
The rest of the fragrance is just very thick with cardamom, sandalwood and vanilla and with a great undertone of patchouli and pink pepper. Absolutely ingenious interaction, although it has been read several times in scent pyramids, but never as implemented as in the masterpiece Layton.

The durability is super ingenious, easily 10 hours, after that it will be body-hugging. On clothes, at least one week perceptible.

What should I keep writing here? This wonderful little water can be worn with everything, would be a great signature fragrance, if it weren't for the steep price. But I am willing to pay it for this composition. I want to have this fragrance always in my collection.

Thanks to Mariella who motivated me to write something again. 2020 was a super funny year for the whole world, but for me the most intense one in terms of fragrance.

Thanks for your attention :)
DomiParfum
A very great fragrance, which is very expensive, but also unique!
A very very great fragrance, which is very expensive, but also unique. At the beginning you smell a light fresh scent (probably of the apple note) while the sweetness is still predominant, which in turn is underlined by a pleasant light spiciness. With time, the sweetness subsides very slowly, which allows the spiciness to come through better. In my opinion, the scent is very unique and the price is justified, because you can really perceive the Layton all day long. Applied early in the morning, I still perceive the smell very well for a good 10 hours. Of course, there are many sweet scents, but none that are so multi-faceted in my nose. Of course, it is always advisable to try out scents beforehand or to get bottlings before buying a whole bottle. But with this fragrance, you can also make a blind purchase. But all in all from me absolute recommendation! strong work of the house parfum de marly.
Heldenvater
The underdog does not always have to win
If something or someone is on everyone's lips, is considered everybody's darling or doesn't want to turn off the winning road at all, I usually at least ignore them. If he's lucky. Otherwise he is fought with all means.

My sympathy and often enough love belongs to the losers, the classic underdogs.

This - and only this - is the explanation for the fact that I have been digging deep into my pockets for a good three quarters of a year in order to delight myself and my environment with scents, but have consistently looked past Layton, the breeding stallion of the PDM stables.

Luckily, I left that alone for this one time
Layton is pleasing - yes.
Layton is mainstream niche - yes.
Layton is everybody's darling - yes.
But Layton is one thing above all: incredibly great!

Such a beautiful, round, soft, fresh and pleasant fragrance is rarely found!

The course is really dreamlike: light and apple-fresh it starts, changes softly into vanilla and ends with warm sandalwood - nothing sensationally surprising, nothing that takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions...
... but something so consistently beautiful and of such high quality that every critic is at a loss for words.

Layton is absolutely perfect. And if he seems to be perfect to one or the other ZU, then this is quite rightly not his problem.

Layton has taken my heart by storm and has earned his place on my shelf!
Freezy76
Layton & Boss Bottled.... "the cousin from Paris"
Layton vs Boss Bottled hm...

In the career like day and night, but in the blood they are united.
While Layton is the extroverted successful entrepreneur and womanizer among both cousins, the "rather" introverted boss Bottled is studying physics and is aiming for a career as a teacher.

Mohdt966
This is how perfect men should smell!
This has to be in every top 10 lists ever, best vanilla fragrance ever, no similar perfumes, Ajmal amber wood is NOT similar and i don't understand why some people think it is...

NOTES:
Opening is terrific spicy with strong satisfying apple note, one of PdM bests, Vanilla kicks in quickly and lasts FOREVER on clothing! vanilla fragrances can't get any better than that. attractive as hell! (p.s: hell is not really attractive lol!)

AUDIENCE:
It's a must try for every-one, HOWEVER, it's not suitable for all characters & personalities, it smells more like a sensible, smart, perfect looking guy.

VERSATILITY:
It's versatile, Spring-Fall perfume, for winter days too, however, for winter cold nights out it's less suitable as well as for hot summer days

one last thing; you can't judge Layton based on Layton Exclusif! try both and pick your favorite, very opinion splitting however, they complete each others.

NicSealNicSeal 4 days ago
A full bodied vanilla, cardamom, and apple beauty with an aphrodisiac aura.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Decent but not worth the hype. Boss Bottled meets Ultramale, a bit too sweet for my taste, gone after 6h. Great for rainy days
911Frags911Frags 1 month ago
this is not niche at all... but come on, its a dumb reach and a good one for beginners so they can tell that they got a niche
Djsc23Djsc23 2 months ago
If you want people to keep social distance, please don’t wear this perfume!
It’s a beautiful sweet apple/vanilla/cardamon fragrance.
BielwenassBielwenass 2 months ago
Sweetness here is completely off the charts. Cloying.
PedroDarkPedroDark 3 months ago
An awsome apple mixed with a great vanille, makes this fragrance a must buy for all of that guys that like a remarkable one!
AldestAldest 3 months ago
Synthetic fruity-woody-spicy ....
It doesn't work on me, because when I read all the reviews, I really don't see the point.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 3 months ago
Smells good but for me is just one more...sthg btwn stronger with you, A. Code, polo red extreme and bleu de Chanel. Moderate performance...
CnFCnF 3 months ago
It is a perfume that everyone likes. It is slightly sweet, with a slight fruity smell and a woody background. It lasts +10 hours on my skin
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 4 months ago
the cardamon bomb that made history. best night-out fragrance in the world considered the brand, price, bottle, performance and sexiness...

by Gothic
by Gothic
parfums de marly - layton : wiedererkennungsgrad = wie ein blauer apfelstrudel! :) trotz überfülltem pdm reitstall der neuzugang aufm ponyhof - hab quasi die gesamte herde von hinten gezäumt :D kommt halt auf den riechwinkel an...
by Felsn
by Schokodrinks
by Mivvuass
by Mivvuass

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly