Layton by Parfums de Marly
Top 5 in Men's Perfume
Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Pegasus

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Apple, Lavender, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Jasmine, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cardamom, Vanilla, Pink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 29.10.2020.

Who's the boss here?
It's been a while since I've written a comment, even though my perfume list has grown quite a bit since last time For a long time I was reluctant to pay a three-figure sum for a perfume, but Layton was the first time. But for the fact that he is so expensive in the normal price, I have a good bargain made
I had high expectations, after all he is hyped everywhere and often I found a bitter disappointment in many hypes.
Anyway, my package came from Notino and I opened it full of anticipation. This majestic flacon alone is an absolute eye-catcher and together with the Valentino and Givenchy Gentleman flacon it is the absolute eye-catcher. And anyway, the cap is really ultra-heavy, if you would throw it with half power you could smash someone's skull with it
After unpacking the first sprayer followed and maaaaan.....there was a flood of smells! It was really like a slap in the face but in a positive way.
I read that he's like boss bottled intense and yes he is.... but only when Boss Bottled Intense and Le Male are fused together and they are screwed up 10 times This apple that comes to meet you at the beginning together with the bergamot is simply amazing! But this is not a cheap apple, but a really expensive one and it stays the same throughout the whole process. And as I thought it was, the drydown turns into a bouquet of different and noble woods! And even if it is not stated and not in it, I take oud war, which makes the whole thing somehow more complex and noble again.
This drydown remains for hours and is permanently in the air.
Later the vanilla joins in and the apple appears again and again and thus there is the combination of all three, apple, woods and vanilla. Absolutely fantastic!
This fragrance is really loud for me, but still very noble and I am really happy to have indulged in it.

And the durability is enormous with me, 12h was the minimum with one sprayer, but I already had 24h with 2 sprayers.

My expectations have been exceeded and I personally am really enthusiastic about the horse and I will definitely try another ride on another horse soon.

I highly recommend it
Usman23
Niche fragrance with designer note
Youtube: "Which niche scent brings the most compliments?" Layton! A fragrance that's on almost every list. What can I say except that this scent knocked me right out in the first test. A sweet apple scent that is both spicy and incredibly elegant. Performance with a good batch 7-8 hours. Shelf life The Hammer! can still be smelled on the skin 2 days later. On clothes still perceptible for weeks. If you are looking for a fragrance that can be worn to almost any situation, you won't go wrong with this perfume. Compliments are guaranteed, has a "mass-appealing" character. Scent not the most unique, reminds me a little bit of YSL Opium and Boss Bottled in the opening, but more complex in the dry down. Should not be missing in any collection!
True Eros
When Achilles seduced beauties in ancient Greece, the fragrance had not yet been invented.
But if you had to assign a scent to this hero, it would be Layton.
This incredibly sticky sweetness, the initial freshness and this spice of vanilla and woods enchant the man like the aura of an aphrodisiac.
A smell that magically attracts and develops over time, matures, like a good wine But the true strength of this fragrance is revealed at dusk.
What is annoying during the day becomes wonderful in the evening, this should always be taken to heart.

Emorandeira
The man of today...again...
I'm testing Layton today and I have to go back to being the jarring voice. I have to start by saying that these perfumes are not much my type of scent so I have a hard time being objective. Smells good? Yes, very good ... It is very pleasant with an aroma that for me goes between fresh citrus, fruity and sweet. For me it has a powerful output that reminds me of Armani Code profumo, stronger with you and polo red extreme; Later, lavender takes center stage, with berganotta, green apple and sweet vanilla notes in the background, which take it another way in the line of perfumes such as sauvage by Dior or bleu by Chanel. So if you have never tried it and want to know what it smells like, I would tell you to imagine a mixture of all those, although without being equal to any. Even so, so many reasonable resemblances make it a relatively unoriginal fragrance for me since it is something that from the first moment has made me think ... I already know this!
Does it perform well? In me the truth is that no. Not that it performs badly but it is no better than any of the five perfumes I was citing above, which for me takes it further down my list. It has a moderate duration (about 4-5 hours on me like Layton, and then a couple of hours more of a totally flush, sweet and undefined scent with a certain barber shop touch a few hours after you have put on the after shave And the projection, although it is quite good at first, then decays quite quickly and is no longer perceptible except at close range.
Is it quality? There I think there is no doubt. Without being an expert or having a particularly good nose, I have to say that in this case there is no note that squeaks at me. It feels natural and everything is very well mixed.

Anyway, Layton brings together for me many of the topics of current men's perfumery offering a scent that, although it is very pleasant and natural, does not bring anything new to the market (I don't know if maybe it was the first in this style, which would then happen to him as if he believed that at the time he contributed a lot but today he has been a little displaced by all his substitutes).

Scent: 8
Longevity: 8
Projection: 7
Value for money: 5
Versatility: 8
Originality: 6
Global: 8
This is for you
If I count my inactive reading time here, I have been on this platform for a good six years. Six years testing hundreds of perfumes. Six years in which a collection, indeed a certain preference for certain fragrances and scents has been established.

Six years in which, however, certain users were also highly appreciated. Or users who have at least expressed a different opinion here, not always conforming to the taste of the masses. Who remembers HaraldK? The boss of any kind of sweetness in fragrances (he would hate the Layton, by the way). Or Catch22? The critic is wrong. The one who, with his interwoven, poetically questionable reviews, was actually basically anti. Or Sarungal? Token Toni? Loewenherz? It would be terrible if this platform would lose further heroes like FabianO, Yatagan, DonJuan or the Leimbacher.

André, I remember what you said to me about that perfume: "You won't like it." Well, I just wanted to have a say. And no, you were wrong. I like it. Sweet-fruity spicy is not really my fragrance. But I like this one. The sweetness won't kill you. The fruitiness of the apple is thankfully limited. Pepper and rose are very perceptible to me. All in all, a truly well-balanced scent that fits perfectly into the cold season and which might also appeal to those who are at home with other scents. The durability and the sillage are enormous. And by the way, I don't see any similarities to Boss Bottled and the current rating of 8.7 is too high.

Schoork, my man, I'm gonna miss you out here on this rig. Your comments were different and most of the time they made you laugh, but without forgetting the actual description of the fragrance. I don't know what made you retreat and I don't want to speculate about that either. You must have had your reasons. I'm glad to have made your acquaintance
Greeting

Your Profumorist
Shisha bar, anyone? Or: Extremely strong, synthetic-spicy vanilla-apple scent
When I smelled the fragrance the first time the other day, my first association was "Shisha-Bar".
I don't know the exact 'scent scenery' there, never go into one, just walk past it, but this opening, where the extremely synthetic green apple mixed with the light spice of the base comes out so strongly, makes me think about it. And for me this is not necessarily a nice association, I don't want to smell like that. I somehow get the same feeling with the Aventus and although they smell different, they have something in common.
Anyways - at the drydown there is still some of the apple left for my untrained nose, but little. Now a strong vanilla prevails, which looks very synthetic fresh, and a little bit gourmandig.
Mixed with the equally strong spices such as cardamom and pepper, the result is somehow a triad: Synthetic green apple freshness, slightly gourmand, warm vanilla, and masculine spiciness. For those who find this interesting, this fragrance is recommended. Certainly I'm making a fool of myself now, but when it comes to this direction I like the Boss Bottled more - only as far as the scent is concerned - but unfortunately everybody wears it and that's why I wear the Layton ;-D
It's not like he's a bad person. But somehow this shisha bar feeling bothers me And finally: As far as performance, I feel shabby giving Reflection Man a 9/10. The layton is so strong on my skin and from my bottling that on occasions such as school / office / etc. - where you are sitting close to each other I would not recommend more than a spray. Lasts forever and is really loud. So compared to the Reflection Man this is a 11.5/10.
FuegoNero88
Niche quality suitable for mass production
This PdM is not the most popular for nothing...convinces by a pleasant and at no time intrusive course with a mixture of sweet fruit and sublime elegance. After many hours a distinct vanilla scent remains, which still enchants the people on the left. The shelf life is great, the scent is pleasant to apply and extremely flexible...but not for ^hard^ types
Konquistador
Great smell, but very bad performance
Layton I have recently acquired and was directly from his beautiful and deep scent. Even the mighty opening did not deter me.

But against this background - and considering the price - I think you can expect an equally good performance. Unfortunately in my case this was not the case at all, so that after 2-3 hours at most the fun was over. At the beginning still very strong and pleasantly projecting, the scent has completely dissipated after a short time. Also others could not perceive it anymore only a few centimeters beside me. My batch started with the numbers 022... etc. Very, very sad.
Hach Layton...
One of my first niche fragrances and I would not be disappointed. I would pay attention to a YouTuberin who wore it even though it was a men's scent. Now my husband has it stashed away and won't let me have it, although on some occasions it would fit the woman as well.

The fragrance is fresh, masculine with a few floral notes. It smells grown-up, modern, but not old. The floral and woody notes in the heart and base are very finely tuned. The fragrance is always right for men and does not wear out. I think everyone likes it, although it has something special.

Razvanyke
I am glad to meet you, Layton
I am relatively new in the perfumes world and PdM was unknown to me until few months ago, I tried this one, Kalan and Edition Exclusif in a brick and mortar perfume shop and Layton was my favourite.

Fast forward few weeks, I bought it at a very nice price and since I got it, it became instantly my go to for any possible moment of the day.

Yesterday I also sprayed it before going to sleep, it is such a lovely and likeable smell.

For me it opens very sweet and then keeps a bit of woody nature for the whole day.
Longevity up to the roof, batch code is 01.2020 and last the whole day plus mad sillage, if there is any reformulation I do not want to know how was the previous edition.

I like it a lot and 125ml will last a long time for me I hope. Please see also the unboxing below.

PedroDarkPedroDark 1 day ago
An awsome apple mixed with a great vanille, makes this fragrance a must buy for all of that guys that like a remarkable one!
AldestAldest 9 days ago
Synthetic fruity-woody-spicy ....
It doesn't work on me, because when I read all the reviews, I really don't see the point.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 22 days ago
Smells good but for me is just one more...sthg btwn stronger with you, A. Code, polo red extreme and bleu de Chanel. Moderate performance...
CnFCnF 23 days ago
It is a perfume that everyone likes. It is slightly sweet, with a slight fruity smell and a woody background. It lasts +10 hours on my skin
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 32 days ago
the cardamon bomb that made history. best night-out fragrance in the world considered the brand, price, bottle, performance and sexiness...
GreMuserGreMuser 98 days ago
I feel a lot of apple and a lot of vanilla, so much to find it at times nauseating, in short, for me it is really NOPE.
GolcherGolcher 103 days ago
Sick of the ridiculous hype around Layton, I wanted to dislike it but God this thing smells amazing.!
NckesqNckesq 105 days ago
Tried much anticipated Layton for the first time today. Didn’t feel the wow factor as I had envisioned. Great fragrance but way overpriced
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 106 days ago
Been wanting to try out PDM for a while and I'm glad I did. Blind bought Layton and all I can say is WOW WHAT A SCENT!!!
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 119 days ago
Despite its fresh spicy-fruity opening, a versatile spicy-sweet oriental Mid season fragrance, nicely balanced by a soft warm woody base.

by Gothic
by Gothic
parfums de marly - layton : wiedererkennungsgrad = wie ein blauer apfelstrudel! :) trotz überfülltem pdm reitstall der neuzugang aufm ponyhof - hab quasi die gesamte herde von hinten gezäumt :D kommt halt auf den riechwinkel an...
by Felsn
by Alex51091
by Schokodrinks
by Schokodrinks

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly