Layton by Parfums de Marly

Layton is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Apple, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Jasmine, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cardamom, Vanilla, Pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.12.2019.

10.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Aglianico
Fruit punch and olfactory favour
The Layton is certainly ...
... about a hyped scent (just look around on Youtube)
... about a somewhat squeaky-sweet-youthful, not necessarily subtle fragrance that serves a direction that has been very popular (and will continue to be) with younger people in particular in the last two decades
... a "flatterer", who wants to please, and who is smooth and uncontroversial despite all the spicy and brittleness sprinkled in (and yet becomes a little controversial just because of that)
... for a fragrance that is overpriced, one compares it with generic fragrances from the "mainstream"
... no art scent - Layton should and wants, besides monetary aspects, to please, no more and no less.

That sounds pretty negative so far. But Layton is also ...
... a "functional scent" (olfactory well received), which does its job more than reasonable. Beside the Reflection Man it is the only one of my fragrances that has not only attracted other people's attention several times, but has also motivated some to spontaneous positive reactions (rare in our culture). "Spontaneous" is the decisive word here. Because if you actively ask another person how they like a scent, their reaction is not a real compliment
... a fruity, tasty and sweet evening fragrance for dating, going out or simply lolling on the couch and dreaming of love. Or whatever comes to mind. He reminds me a bit of a non-alcoholic fruit punch or baked apple (from a red apple variety)
... sexier and a clear bit more adult than the usual suspects à la Paco Rabanne and Azzaro (not to mention Diesel)
...a great fragrance in a great cover. The bottle body already looks a lot - not to mention the "bullet lid"
... a fragrance with a really long shelf life and satisfying sillage - for some settings this might be an advantage
... a real all-rounder outside professional contexts. It fits to the date, to the club, to the Christmas market, to the walk, (economically dosed) to the cinema and and and ...
...a slightly addictive scent. With hardly anyone else I "hang" so often and so close to my own wrist.

Does he belong in any collection? Please, no!
Should he be blindbuyed? Just don't!
Does he drop pantys? God, no!
Is it worth its high price? Everyone has to for s... uh... No, it's pretty expensive.
Is it a great date/away scent for younger people? Yes!
What is he to me? A functional fragrance (see above) and a "guilty pleasure" (as Schoork put it, see below). That is, I think, for a single fragrance not so little at all.
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Carpintero
About apple strudel with vanilla sauce, batches and reformulations
Constantly searching for new fragrances, at some point I inevitably came across Layton from PdM, but never found an opportunity to test the fragrance.

The other day in Munich it was finally time: in a very exclusive perfumery I tested both the Layton and the Layton Exclusif. First on a test strip, where both disappointed me excessively, then on the skin, where both skinned me on the spot. The friendly employee recommended that I go for a walk with the scent to let all facets work on me and to become more familiar with both scents. So I still went to the hairdresser, was shopping and took a long walk.

I had to take turns sniffing at both wrists: If the two smells were very identical at first, I tended more and more towards Layton later on, which surprised me absolutely, because I actually love oud and woods as ingredients and therefore would have given precedence to Exclusif only because of the ingredients. Somehow the sweet apple and the creamy vanilla didn't quite fit with the oud for me.

The Layton smells, as so often described, like the finest apple strudel in the world with a good portion of vanilla cream. Calories: About 5000.
To make my description even more subtle: In the opening I really smell predominantly sweet freshness, green apple, citric notes, something floral. The green apple, however, very quickly turns into a baked apple in the drydown or even - as I like to describe it - into a fine, delicious apple strudel, with a thin crispy crust and flavoured, ripe apples and raisins. In addition, there is a warm vanilla sauce, consisting of a good portion of cream and sugar and of course the finest Madagascar vanilla available on the market.
Later, the entire fragrance composition is accompanied by fine, noble woods, but vanilla always retains the upper hand. The woods, however, are the elements that carry the remaining vanilla sauce and the crumbs from the apple strudel to the fireplace in order to form the basis for the blazing flames in the Grand Finale, which first caramelize the strudel remains and vanilla sauce and finally allow them to rise in smoke. And even then the nose will still be able to perceive nuances of the richest vanilla sauces, surrounded by smoky woods and a cosy, three-dimensional warmth.

Long story, short sense: I decided on the Layton and made the purchase the same evening.
Even several hours later I still smelled the strong scent of the sample that the lady had sprayed on me. The scent was so loud and strong, it screamed from every corner. Even several saunas and subsequent showers in the Munich wellness hotel were not able to get away from the scent - of course it weakened from course to course, but it was not completely gone until the next morning. I was in love.

Three days later, back home in Switzerland, I opened the packaging excitedly and applied two sprayers of the newly purchased 125 ml bottle of my Layton to each of my two wrists. Nothing. Nothing. A mild breeze. A little scent. But nothing else. All the magic disappeared.
I thought I was going crazy. I sniffed and smelled my wrist. Nothing. Nothing. Then my girlfriend entered the room and grumbled, "How much of this stuff did you spray yourself with? The whole place stinks" - and when I let her smell on her wrist, she asked me where the smell came from.

It was really bewitched. You seemed to notice the scent in the room, but not on me?! What the fuck are you doing?
I started the mill and googled the batch code. Especially in English speaking forums I came across several articles that PdM probably has problems with durability and sillage of some scents, including Layton, the scents were apparently even reformulated and had changed due to supply bottlenecks with the ingredients had changed heavily. I was horrified.
I continued my research and came across similar articles in German-speaking forums - in one I even found my batch code and thought I was definitely going crazy: Exactly this batch was ascribed a very good fragrance, but a miserable shelf life. I was finished.

I called the perfumery the next day, the lady remembered me and offered to change the scent or send me a completely different one. I asked them what batch code the tester would have had in the store because it was so endlessly strong, endlessly good and, most of all, endlessly long smelling. Then when she said "939805," I thought I was falling away from the faith. I ran to my perfume cupboard, took out my bottle and asked the lady on the phone again to give me the batch code of the tester "939805". I repeated every single number to make sure I hadn't interrogated myself. Because exactly this batch code was also written on my bottle.

Both the seller and I were at a loss and we agreed that I should leave the fragrance for a few days and then test it again on skin and clothes.

And how glad I was to have listened to the vendor's advice - a few days ago I reapplied the fragrance. One sprayer on each side of my neck, one sprayer in the neck and two sprayers on the shirt. When I left the house about 20 minutes later and ran into the underground car park, I met the neighbour who asked me if someone was baking in the house because it smells so fine of apple, cinnamon and vanilla. Since I had forgotten my wallet, I took the elevator up to my apartment again - everywhere it smelled like me!
Then I drove into the car wash and got the feeling that the whole control room smells like Layton. A gentleman, who was sitting in his car and had opened the window because he was smoking a cigarette, asked me if I had bathed in perfume by mistake and pushed after my sarcastic "you should think it" a very friendly "smells but damn good!
I could now continue endlessly with examples - I got 8 compliments for this fragrance that day. When my girlfriend came home in the evening and I sat on the sofa while she entered the apartment through the door, all I heard was "Huiii, it smells nice here, did you bake?".
The scent smells so strong, exactly the same as the tester. Why this experience took place now with the first application, I cannot explain completely. However, I came across articles in English-speaking forums that the fragrance might have to "ripen", which I can neither confirm nor deny myself. Another explanation would probably be an overload of the nose or the sense of smell, but even that is only a theory, which could be countered, however, that other people also have durability problems with this smell. Also the saleswoman from this very exclusive perfumery in Munich could not explain this phenomenon, however, she meant that some smells need her time and can develop quite well.

I'm just glad I discovered this wonderful compliment getter for myself. It is like a comfortable and at the same time seductive aura to spray on - just like apple strudel with creamy vanilla sauce.
9.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Overloaded ovalism
Maybe I will toast a little with this comment, provide for disbelieving and outraged glances in front of some PC or mobile phone display and harvest contradiction resulting from it. But since I'm aware that I'm dealing with a quite civilized forum here, I can take the liberty of writing a harsh letter to some perfume houses or rather to one of their products. I'll be fair. Promise!

From Parums de Marly I already had the probably most important candidates for the brand under my nose, although not every one of them was commented by me. So I already got to know "Pegasus", as well as "Herod", "Layton Exclusif" and now also "Layton". I like the "more exclusive" Layton best of all - I can tell you that much. But it should not be about the even more expensive "Exklusivling" today.

Exclusivity is something that can be defined by various factors. In terms of perfume, this is the fragrance DNA, the bottle and, of course, the price. Manufacturers who have or appear to have a special claim to premium quality want to define themselves as far as possible via the three factors mentioned above - there are certainly others. Parfums de Marly manages this in the case of "Layton" too, but only in two respects. On the one hand there is the bottle, which I do not own myself (I only have a small filling), but which I was allowed to hold in my hand in a niche perfumery - an interesting, valuable, striking projectile. We won't have to talk long about the price. Like Amouage, Creed and Co., it's set high - niche only. But what I would like to talk about - what a surprise - is the fragrance, which is probably the most important thing for all of us. First of all, I'm well aware that you can't reinvent the wheel with everything and everyone, but I would have expected a bit more here, considering what Marly has to be put on the table from time to time.

Let's get to the scent:

He's not bad, not at all. Would he have gotten a 7.0 from me otherwise? I don't think so. However, I have problems with the scent DNA so my problems. The apple-cinnamon-mixture is a quite proven concept, which also the "evil mainstream" likes to use. The fact that the two doers of this blue Marlys used this DNA does not represent a big problem for me, because after all one cannot, and I already mentioned this, permanently reinvent the wheel. But I can expect from an expensive Marly that this use of the already well known apple-cinnamon DNA (cinnamon is not listed, but I mean to smell it) will be done in a more creative way and that there will be one or the other scent, which makes the composition a little different or even more unique.
I have the feeling that the attempt at uniqueness has been made, but it has failed miserably - well, a somewhat exaggerated term. The combination of cinnamon, apple and later also vanilla is always in the foreground and that with a truly juicy sillage as well as shelf life. The rather dark gajak wood is also present, as is the rose geranium, but both seem relatively unroundly integrated into the overall work. So it seems as if the two perfumers only remembered in the aftermath, after the apple-cinnamon-vanilla combination had been created, that some things had been forgotten to create a scent character that somewhat differs from the already sweet "mainstream". So the guaiac wood together with the rose geranium was tipped in quickly and voila ... you were done. Now there is a small problem, which I describe and with which I then also come to the conclusion.

The tilted after does not cultivate a harmonious togetherness with the apple-cinnamon-vanilla conglomerate, which actually already describes the character of the out-of-round. The scents don't form a really harmonic unit, which makes this Marly simply overcharged - something that seems to be not uncommon in this scent house, but which is only my opinion. Here the wood, there the vanilla, then again the wood, later the rose geranium, then again the wood, here the cinnamon with apple, then the vanilla and what remains is a big mess, where everything is somehow there and then gone again, so that it comes back later, only to disappear shortly afterwards and all that in a continuous loop due to a very good durability. In the long run this is a bit exhausting, by no means catastrophically smelling, but for a Marly and his price simply too little.

9.0 8.0 5.0 8.0/10

Unisex scent ?
I wanted to test the Layton because I liked the Animale Animale very much. Today I compared both of them. Layton starts off fruity and powdery with a strong silage, the scent becomes finer then, I mean something woody like Ambroxan to hear. After four hours the scent fades away clearly with me and becomes stale. In the end, however, a pleasant (but too sweet to me) scent remains on the skin. The two perfumes are similar in my opinion but differ in detail. Layton is perhaps a unisex scent, but I could imagine it to be more suitable for a woman. It is softer and sweeter, the vanilla is I think very popular with women. (at least with my work colleagues.) AA appears clearly more masculine, it is harsher and stronger (mad silage), becomes earthy and smoky in the process. The scent doesn't last any longer with me either and the end with AA is disappointing. Somewhere the price difference makes itself probably noticeable
10.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Popcorn
Oh, what did I underestimate Layton for? Around the end of 2016 I ordered some samples on the website of Parfums de Marly. Including Herod, Pegasus and Layton to determine which might become a potential Marly in my collection. In the end I thought Layton was the best, but somehow it didn't come to the purchase after all.

Then a long time ago I found a bargain here and could shoot Layton, still in its original packaging, for 130€. Unpacked and sprayed, I had the feeling that the sample smelled different or better (In the meantime, I have learned that perfume houses, cheekily, like to concentrate the samples higher than their actual perfumes) and somehow this made me unhappy. Since I was doing a dual study at the time and was also working in a cinema directly opposite my apartment, it naturally happened that I took a quick shower before work and sprayed Layton on myself several times, although I didn't really like it that much anymore.

Who knows it? You come to the cinema in full anticipation of the film you've been waiting for since the trailer and the first thing you notice is the pleasant sweet smell of fresh popcorn. Simply a wonderful smell that triggers positive feelings. Unless you work there and have a sweet perfume like Layton on it, which made me smell after work, as if I had been caned with Layton and popcorn. Also from the cinema colleagues there were rather "negative" compliments à la "Here it smells like in the perfumery...", which in the end was another reason why I sold my copy.

A little later Layton Exclusif came onto the market, of which I ordered a sample here, because I was hoping for more and then... it was a beast.

But back to Layton, a few days ago I got a Descant each from Layton and Layton Exclusif to weigh, which is better in the end, because I wanted to get Exclusif. However, it feels impossible to make this decision, but one thing is certain. How could I be such an idiot and sell Layton.

In the last few days, when I sprayed it on myself and was on my way, I became aware of what a beast Layton actually is. Once applied on the skin (two sprayers), it is still well and clearly noticeable up to 4 hours later in the room.

I have without problems 12 hours durability and in the clothes it is felt, until the next wash, not to get out any more. A decreasingly good Sillage one can expect (in my case at least) approx. up to 5 hours, in warmer rooms, also more. The Drydown is really heavenly and now we come to the actual supreme discipline that distinguishes Layton: The compliments.

No kidding, this perfume is an absolute machine, an absolute compliment getter! People love that scent. And women are totally freaking out, he's sweet, fresh and extremely seductive and it's going to be hard to find someone who won't like this DNA or find it too unpleasant. To hear "I would love to fuck you best" from a woman or to get free drinks at a concert because you smell so good sounds like a fairy tale, but it is not and I could hardly believe it myself. In retrospect, I thought I was dreaming.

(Here's a short claim to those who want to comment on the fact that they never get compliments or that these panty dropper stories are bullshit: People, the whole package has to be right! If you're attractive, your smile, figure, hairstyle and vibe will fit, then a good perfume can become a wonder weapon. Provided one goes to situations in which people are more social than usual.)

Finally, Layton is a super beautiful perfume and an all seasons / all occasions all-rounder for all ages. Personally, I think, however, that in autumn he comes to the fore and performs best :) I shouldn't have sold it back then, because since then every visit to the cinema and the smell of popcorn has reminded me of this perfume and I really missed it every time. By the way, Layton is also a perfect perfume for a movie date ;)

I'd like to know what your top compliment was that you got for Layton!!!! :)
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Duftiibus
One always gone:) dancing with the apple:)
A great perfume, the combination of mandarin and apple are super and very pleasant and make the fruity sweetness at the start of this perfume then come the floral notes and then the sandalwood and cardamom/vanilla .. a super fragrance on my skin.

Had some trouble at the beginning with the sweetness of the fragrance but it is worth to smell it on the skin.

For me a spicy/woody/vanilla/cardamom scent with sweet accents
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Sweet temptation
My first contact with Layton was about two years ago.

Tested in a small Hamburg perfumery on a cold November day. As usual in a pretty, high-quality and heavy bottle.

After the first contact I ordered a bottling to test him extensively.

Shortly after the spraying I was disappointed, but with every minute I liked it better. Fruity in the beginning, but not too fresh, sweet. Apple and cardamom are clearly perceptible. In the middle, a sweetness I can't define. Slowly and leisurely he changes. The Drydown has it in it. He gets soft and cuddly. It snuggles up gently to you. Reminds me of warm vanilla sauce.

Durability and Sillage are extreme. In consideration of your environment, it is best to use only discreetly.

No revolution. He won't touch it. Don't turn anything upside down. A fragrance inspired by the mainstream. Does that make him bad? No! A reliable and successful fragrance from Marly
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

Layton or Vanillayton?
A powdery sweet fragrance that has more vanilla than Herod & Pegasus combined. Vanilla pudding would do just fine, wouldn't it?
At first a little lavender appears but with the amount of sweet I think you should inject Apidra subcutaneously before you suffer a hyperglycemic coma. It's really a penetrating vanilla note with some wood and more also not.
Herod has more character for me at the same time he convinces with a good development and more spice. Pegasus is more mature and remains more complex until the end.
Layton however has no development and only wants to project sugar at maximum.
Waiting for a nice ending but nothing came. It can't be my nose although my olfactory cells are busy not dying of diabetic ketoacidosis. My pancreas has given up by now
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Excellent
Ordered a 10 ml sample. Unique smell. It’s so good that I’m going to order a full bottle at some point. The opening is my favorite in my whole collection. Lasts all day too. Definitely worth the price tag.

Rating: 9.5
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

TBXXI
"...here it smells like a brothel"
First of all it has to be said that I will not go into the scent of the individual notes. It's more about a field report about the first meeting with Layton and going out together.

Layton is one of my first fragrances of Parfums de Marly. How did I get into this? I stood in Munich in a renowned perfumery and wanted to try Layton's older brother. Pegasus.

However, the bottle was empty and the nice lady offered to give me a sample as it was still in stock. Arrived at home and looked into the bag she even packed me 2 samples.
Once Herod and "unfortunately" no Pegasus. It was Layton. Strongly disappointed by the lady's competence I sprayed the Layton on the back of my hand. I got kicked out of the kitchen chair halfway when that scent went up my nose. Such a strong prelude and room-filling like no other fragrance from me. A spicy-sweet prelude with the said apple note. I didn't have to smell more than the top note. The decision had been made. It's almost too sweet for the summer, but a look at the weather forecast said to me:
"Perfect. The evenings will be below the 20°C mark, you have to order Layton now. This will be your new scent for going out!"

No sooner said than done, 3 days later it rang and the postman handed me the package just in time for the start of the weekend. Unpacked immediately and almost shot through the parquet floor. In the heat of the moment, the heavy lid almost slipped out of my hand and almost knocked the tenant to death one floor below me.
In any case, a very high-quality feel and top workmanship with a lid that is felt more than twice as heavy as the full bottle itself. Quite an eye-catcher in every collection!

A look at the clock told me that I had to leave as soon as possible, because 3 colleagues were waiting for me. We drove to Rottweil, 80km away, because we had tickets for an event in the most famous location of the area. Just before going out, a friend wanted to use my perfume. I don't usually do this because I don't want anyone in the group to smell the same as me. But since I never smelled the scent on anyone else before and I wanted to put the durability and Sillage to the test, I sprayed him and me behind the ears. He just wrinkled his nose. No comment on the fragrance.

When the other friend entered the room, he just laughed and said: "Boah, that is disgusting... "It smells like a brothel. We all laughed and finally walked towards the party. To be honest, my laughter was artificial because I was a little offended and uncertain whether Layton was really THE fragrance I had imagined. But suddenly a distant cry came from behind: "That's insane how the scent radiates, we can even smell it from behind! It smells much better now than it did at the beginning, not so fruity!".
That must be the heart note now, I just thought to myself and turned around. He projects untrue while running loosely over 5m! Geil thought I just and went self-confident and radiant like a honey pie horse in the club.

It must have just been a grenade. Due to the hot/humid atmosphere in the club, Layton has already taken almost half the dance floor despite >6h wearing time. Although there were few openly expressed compliments, men turned around both women and men as they walked by and looked after them. Judging by the facial expressions, it was predominantly a positive contact with the little horse. At 6 o'clock in the morning the long celebration was already over but not for the scent. Of course the Sillage was mostly gone but still perceptible at 30cm.

Unfortunately I don't have more impressions of Layton, which will change with the cooler weather! In summary, I can only say: Go for it! A great fragrance for autumn/winter or cooler spring/summer evenings. But be careful! In my opinion, this fragrance above 20°C is almost a no-go in the public eye. Much too present and intrusive.

I hope I could write you a little insight into my first experience :-)
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

The Boss Botteled Upgrade
The Layton - the classic from Parfums de Marly. Spicy and oriental with a very slight freshness, it comes along and really smells of what a niche perfume is all about - different from the broad mass.

The scent:
Really good! It smells spicy oriental and slightly fresh. Personally, I think he's close to the Boss Botteled, but he's one level higher. You can see it this way, as with the Reflection Man/Le Male story - he has similarities - is fundamentally different in the scent DNA though. It can be used in winter, in the evening or at night in the disco. He's nothing to me for warm days.
It smells very strange when sprayed on for the first time - so much that I almost wanted to wash it off again. But over time it has become one of my favorite fragrances.

Durability/Sillage:
Very good One of the fragrances that have really good durability! 10h are in my room with good Sillage. He's definitely present for many hours.

Flacon:
Nice! Simple and very chic - typical Parfums de Marly halt.

Conclusion:
If you like Hugo Boss - Botteled - you should definitely test it. Even if you are looking for a fragrance that you can often wear to celebrate or in winter, you should test it - of course if you want to spend the change. Layton is for me a fragrance that smells unique and lasts for a long time - hat off!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

TRehf
The first niche I've ever tried and now my first review
Background story:

I was in London at Selfridges about 2 years ago and PdM Layton was the first niche fragrance that I've ever smelled. I was wowed by the complexity as Layton manages to be fresh and sweet at the same time as well as the notes being so distinguishable and still the whole composition being so well-blended. It was an immediate buy for me.
So why not writing my first review about Layton?

Things about Layton that come in my mind:

- Maybe the best niche fragrance to start with
- very mass-appealing
- in my opinion not designer-ish, because of the complexity of the fragrance
- can be worn in spring, autumn and winter as well as cooler summer evenings/nights (spring & autumn fits best)
- can be worn at any occation -> I mostly wear it when it is important to leave a good first impression
- I usually wear 3-5 sprays

Scent:
- starts on my skin as a mix of apple and something almost minty, very fresh with a spicy undertone from the cardamon (first 2h)
- develops from a fresh to a woody vanilla scent while the spicy undertone stays (after 2h)

subjective rating: 9,5
objective rating: 8,5 (I do see most people liking this even if they are not frangrance enthusiasts)

Longevity:
- Layton stays on my skin for 9...10 hours

rating: 9,5

Sillage:
- it is still noticeable after 4 hours but I think it becomes a skin scent before the 5th hour

rating: 9

Bottle/Packaging:
- heavy bottle & cap

rating: 8,5
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Elegant, beautiful fragrance
A normal day, somewhere in the... nowhere? Rudi Ratlos and Miss Gelaunt...

Rudi: Good day, the lady!

Miss Gelaunt: Tach du Pfeife, listen ma, ick such wat feinet for my husband, for the Mister Gelaunt, kannste ma da wat empfehlen?

Rudi: In which direction should the perfume go? So what does your husband like? And on what occasion?

Miss Gelaunt: How? What direction? You want to take my arm? Straight ahead, of course! What does he like? Foot in the buttocks! No fun, the birdie likes vanilla, wood and all that. Occasion? Free time, evening, work...

Rudi: So you are looking for a perfume which is unisex?

Miss Gelaunt: What isn't dat for a mess here? Perfume you have sex with in a university? Since when does et give then sowat?

Rudi: No, no, you misunderstood me! Unisex means it is suitable for both men and women.

Miss Moody: Oh, well, then say it right away, you banger! So... i hate what you're doing
Rudi: Come with me, I'll show you a great perfume from Parfüms de Marly. I'm sure both you and your husband will like it! This is called Parfums de Marly Layton and it fits your description perfectly. It is perfect for leisure, work, going out, autumn, winter and spring.

Miss Gelaunt: What's perfume de marly? I only know Charly and she's a monkey, just like you! Do you know Charly? Came on TV once!

Rudi: Yes, I know but the perfume has nothing to do with a monkey or chimpanzee named Charly. Parfüms de Marly is a niche perfume house from France that tells the story of King Ludwig the 15th.

Miss Gelaunt: Ahja...??

Rudi: Here, smell it!

Miss Gelaunt: Jau, that smells snug, ick wees janich so jenau after wat, irjendwie so after... Sugar, vanilla and flowers, can be dit?

Rudi: Almost right... The perfume contains mandarin, apple, lavender, violet, jasmine, rose geranium, guaiac, patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, vanilla and pepper.

Miss Moody: Apple... yeah, she's always stealing from the neighbor's garden, so it's a little more miserable, weeste? Whenever ick asked if ick could get some apples, he would always take care of himself: "Nüscht bekommste und jetzt cre creep dir! What? There's a jasmine in there? What's her last name and where does she live? Mr. Paschulke of dandelion plays with lavender?

Rudi: No, Jasmine is a flower, a plant and not a human being, just like Patchouli.

Rudi: There are people who smell a menthol smell at the very beginning and call this a kind of "Vick Vaporub" smell. This odour is probably due to a combination of lavender and patchouli. In the further process the smell then becomes more pleasant and a little flowery and ends with a beautiful vanilla and woodiness.

Miss Gelaunt: Yeah, I was just wondering how long you've been, weeste? Cause it's like cough smoke in here. Must've come from the perfume, which was

Rudi: Exactly, that's exactly what I just mentioned with the menthol smell.

Miss Gelaunt: How long does the coughing breath stay there?

Rudi: Don't worry, the smell stays for 5-10 minutes and then gets weaker.

Miss Gelaunt: You're right, dude! *Sniff* Now smells ick wat blumijet and vanilla.

Rudi: Yes, this is the so-called heart note, which consists of violet, jasmine and rose geranium as already mentioned.

Miss Gelaunt: Violet sachste, huh? I'm going to miss you, too, white violets?

Rudi: How do you like the drydown of the perfume?

Miss Gelaunt: The wat? If you're so kicked, then see ick och so'n Drei daun.

Rudi: Drydown is when the perfume unfolds its effect for a while and then slowly fades out
Miss Moody: Oh well, I'll sniff... Yeah, you're right, dat smells really nice woody vanilla, a little peppery and sweet, dat even I can wear. Wait for my boyfriend, if my husband is working, then I'll overturn that stuff too.

Rudi: I'm glad to hear that. What you are smelling right now is the so-called base note, which consists of guaiac wood, patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, vanilla and pepper. And of course you are absolutely right, even a woman can wear this without any problems. I forgot to ask: How do you like the bottle?

Miss Gelaunt: Wat fürn Kokon denn?

Rudi: No, the FLAKON, the bottle is the bottle where the perfume is!

Miss Gelaunt: Aso... Yeah, but it's a heavy thing to cut, but it's a noble thing. Especially how the lid shines here, dat my husband can use jut as a shaving mirror, understand?

Rudi: Well... for a mirror to shave, the lid is a bit too small, a real mirror would be better.

Miss Gelaunt: You're right again. Wat costs dat jute piece?

Rudi: Well... I must be honest: It is not quite favorable! 50ml cost 150,00€, 125ml currently cost me 190,00€.

Miss Gelaunt: What isn't with you janzisch? 150€? 190€? Poohh, that's a nice bunch of Jeld but on the other hand... my treasure is worth something to me after all. Pack me up with that 125ml thing.

Rudi: With pleasure! May it be anything else?

Miss Gelaunt: Yes, if you could wrap it in newspaper with a bow and write on it: For my dear husband, you are the best man in the world, your Miss Moody!

Rudi: Gladly. I'll just wrap it up in wrapping paper for you. Can I do anything else for you or was it that?

Miss Moody: Oh... while you're so nice to frajen... You could come to my house and paint the house, wash the car, wallpaper, clean my carpet, transfer money, emigrate...

Rudi: Well, I packed it for you. Have fun with it!

Miss Gelaunt: Thank you very much. Do et jut, huh? See you soon.

Rudi: You're welcome. Come again soon!
Miss Gelaunt: Bye!
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Steee
More than a "niche designer"?
Layton was my first niche fragrance and at the beginning I would like to briefly describe how it came about. Perfumes have been with me for a while now, but in the beginning it was of course mostly the designer sector. Say if you want to try a fragrance, off to the blue D and done. With increasing interest I found this forum here and finally Layton quite fast. My first order of bottlings therefore included Layton and Aventus, among others. What else? As I was getting closer to the mailbox, a cloud of scent rose into my nose that completely convinced me. I was just wondering which of the two fragrances I mentioned it might be and no matter which one it is, sooner or later it must be part of my collection. Package unpacked and found out that the Layton filling had unfortunately run out halfway, a pity, but when I think back, it was even worth it for this first impression.
So that's how I got this scent. Of course I tried it in different locations and have to say that I didn't feel very comfortable in the office because it's too loud for that... maybe I should have just taken one instead of three sprayers... whatever.
The fragrance is not linear, but in my opinion is not as extreme as some other fragrances. It starts sweet and stays sweet, but at the beginning rather fruity. Not fresh-fruity but rather like a very ripe fruit. Later, the sweetness is rather due to the vanilla and it becomes a little softer.
Although I've already read something about weaker batches, I can't confirm that. It lasts 8 hours without any problems and I would classify the Sillage as more than 3 hours. In this respect it is made for very cold days or parties.
Compliments are also inevitable. For those of you who value it, a little story to go with it. Of course, as a student you go out to celebrate one or two times or another. Already when I was picked up and got into the car, the girlfriend of a good friend let me know directly, "Oh today you smell good" (Gucci had put on Intense Oud the day before, she didn't seem to think it was bad but worse than Layton), whereupon another guy in the car directly added, "Yes, I thought that too!"
When we arrived at a friend's house for a "preglow", whom I didn't know before, we went to a club about three hours later. There the inhibition threshold was apparently lower and the previous host ran past behind me, turned around and shouted into my ear "Hey, I noticed earlier that you smell damn good, what have you got on it?"! ... by the way that was about 4 hours after spraying on, in a club, which already says a lot about H&S. By the way, this was one of the less compliments I got from someone I hardly know and in addition the most positive remarks in such a short time.
In summary, a beautiful, heavy, sweet fragrance that some would probably call a niche designer because it is actually very suitable for the masses. For me it's definitely much more, because just like you would expect from a Parfums de Marly, the quality speaks volumes here and so he has also without any problems the Ultra Male out of my collection. I would say that these two cannot be compared because of the enormous difference in quality, even if the fragrance and applications are very similar to the sweet-fruity vanilla itself. This will remain in any case a firm component of my collection, would recommend everyone this at least once to sample. Thanks for reading. :)

Headstrong
...and washed soft, you are....
wonderful for all lovers of Aventus, Terre D'Hermès, Sauvage, Acqua Di Sale and Molecule 01, perfectly washed corners, no edges, dreamlike beautiful, expensive mainstream the zero comma zero is individual and therefore, like the ape scents mentioned at the beginning also every hipster who has run away whose religion is Jeremy Fragrance likes. Amen.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Layton is simply everything
Hello dear Parfumos,

Anyone who has read the rest of my comments knows that I am very squeamish with the selection criteria of my perfume collection, because I only want to come to a maximum of 15 perfumes that I own for the rest of my life. I am not an absolute perfume junkie who sees absolute art in every drop of perfume. And does not need or want to have 100 different fragrances. I like to dress up smartly and value my appearance. For me, this also includes owning or using the right perfume for every occasion. So and now to dear Layton. I orientate myself a lot on Youtube and other things, in order to get inspirations, which scent one can test. So of course I couldn't get past Parfums de Marly Layton. So I ordered a bottle of Layton some time ago. At first, I thought he wasn't so great. Somehow it smells damn good, but it's indefinable to me. I smell apple at the beginning, that's all. No fun, I don't smell a single ingredient except the apple at the beginning and the vanilla at the end. But as I mentioned before, I am so fond of perfume to smell good, not to challenge and train my nose in 1000 different ways. And god damn it, I tested that for several months. He's just brutally horny. For me, a fragrance must express a personality. Every perfume in my collection should represent a stereotype and therefore be perfect for various occasions. It must have an enormous durability and also be well perceived. Because I also like to smell the perfume for me alone, but if I want to convey a message, or I use perfume as a support for my well-groomed and styled appearance and and and this is to emphasize, for a bottle 150 euros, then I also want that other people smell me. To get back to the title, Layton is a certain stereotype for me. Layton is my "Swiss Army Knife". Layton is my leather jacket, my club visit, my business meeting, my coat, my jacket, my white shirt, my black sweater, my diving watch, my Seiko Cocktail Time, my cosy evening at the open fire, my restaurant visit... he's just mine! I could smell the bottle all day, I could spray it on myself and smell it all day, my girlfriend could put it on and I would smell her all day. So to get out of the swarm. Is he special? No, I don't think so. And that doesn't mean everything smells like that. You won't have smelled something like this in form yet, but you'll know it anyway. Just don't hold on to being so unbelievably irresistible.
I tell you people, buy a bottle and test, test not once, not twice, not three times, smell it again and again, again and again. He won't let you go. If I had to describe Layton with one word, which is rather ironic, because for me it is a perfume that absolutely everyone will like when it floats around in the air, which is incredibly difficult to differentiate in a fragrance direction, so anything but a word to describe, I would almost take a word that is rarely used here. Perfect! Perfect! Layton is my perfection. He's everything. And besides, since I just ordered it, it just moved into my Top 15 for life.
If you're looking for something that smells awesome, lasts a long time, radiates well and should get positive reactions, I'll gladly accept your thanks after you've read this comment and ordered a bottling, sniffed at it and after some time you'll be drawn into its spell and I've almost made you 150 euros poorer
With that in mind, what happened. May we all always smell good :)!
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Menikmati
the sweet slap in the face
Tested several times and never really knew what to think of him!
But now I know it: A wild juvenile who spends the nights in clubs and discos. Sweet tornado that radiates in all directions, extremely restless. As for durability, I must say I was disappointed. After only a few hours it goes unnoticed and needs to be sprayed again.
It's not made for me, and frankly you can get some alternatives for a lot less money. Candied apple, Haribo gummy bears & Co.
9.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

Special request
Hello.
I'd like seventy-five milliliters of the twelve-hour layton. But please only the first five minutes of the surprising top note and the last four hours of the dreamlike sensual drydown. You may keep the rest.
And by the way, the fragrance is meant to be a gift. Could you leave the price on, please?
8.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Prinzmustang
American pie like warm apple pie
The opening reminds me a bit of yakult only a bit spicier and a bit more floral. After about 30 minutes it reminds me of a baked apple pie, ala vanilla, some apple, some spice and some woody earthy notes. The base smells to me like a creamy black forest cake, something vanilla woody earthy something shockoladig coffee caramel-like
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

My oh my....
THIS one is SPECIAL, in a new term of the word.... from the opening through the dry down, it leaves you ever so proud.

A dark, almost “spicy” intro flows into that ever so enchanting, mystifying dry down. It’s almost self intoxicating, as I find myself re-smelling it as the day progresses.

I’m ever so happy I made this investment; as this one sits on a podium all by itself.

Carlitos01 117 days ago
Everybody likes Layton. The spicy & woddy sweet drydown is particulary pleasant. It's close enough to the more expensive Exclusif flanker.+4
9.0
KingPin 129 days ago
On me it starts with a cloying sweet cream scent, then it turns into Boss Bottled (which is ok I guess). Not for me, can’t stand the start.+1
3.5

by OvidiuH
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Delina by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Byerley by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Kuhuyan by Parfums de Marly Hamdani by Parfums de Marly