Layton Exclusif 2017

Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly
Top 9 in Men's Perfume
Layton Exclusif is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Layton

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesCypriol, Gaiac wood, Sandalwood, Cardamom

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.04.2021.

Layton Exclusif
Just when we think all the secrets have already been revealed ...

Julien Sprecher came up with a particularly exclusive version of the fragrance that had already become an instant classic when it was launched in 2016. And all because he wanted to offer a refined interpretation, richer than ever, in a composition that he particularly appreciates.

This new incarnation, this best variation is an even greater tribute to the talent of its creator. It awaits with new notes, more mysterious, more intense, more masculine and also more sensual, with passion as the uncompromising main note.

An apotheosis of fragrances, an unrestrained sensual statement that does not hold back, a fiery, intensely spicy woodiness that is completely at one with itself. Anyone wearing Layton Exclusif can be sure to leave an impression of originality and elegance, as a man (or woman) with taste.

Whether as a tight embrace, an irresistible provocation or an intense as well as festive essence of the night, Layton is first and foremost a superior burst of emotion.
You have to earn it...
Layton Exclusive is absolutely amazing. For a year I have the bottling and always feel drawn to him and must smell him. Sometime there's also for me times the bottle, but more about that below.

Layton Exclusif may not please everyone, but he does not even try. Just like its wearer, who in his youth once wanted to please everyone, but at some point realized that it's not worth it.

Layton Exclusif knows who he is and what he has, he doesn't have to pretend or hide.
He's not better than Layton, but he's not worse either.

A fragrance that chooses the wearer. A fragrance whose aura to wear you must first earn.

One day, I too will be ready for it. Until then, however, I remain faithful to my Layton.
Is less more?
First, I must fairly admit that I was never a PdM fan. Because the sticky Dna sweetness, has often given me headaches.
But I confess to thinking each time at the end that you can smell the niche and it's a little work of art in its own right, probably justifying its price.
The original Layton was, well, too cute for me. That's why it took me a long time to be ready to try the Exclusif, on myself.
In the end, what I heard convinced me. Because people tell me that this Layton is less sweet and more wooden. I have to absolutely agree with that! But is that the comparison with his brother that justifies this price?
This scent is much more straightforward than its brother and I like that. Not a bad fragrance, but for me neither Exclusif nor niche. Too bad!

Strong
I love the blast this gives off when u fire it on skin, its powerful & obvious!
My first full bottle from the house & it had to be 125ml of pricy goodness. Price is the only negative but I love everything else.
Layton in niche
Right away: Layton Exclusif is for me the best Marly fragrance and I'm pretty sure he will remain so for some time.

Who likes Layton, which will probably do most here, will like his matured brother with great probability also.
Whether more or less is ultimately a matter of taste for me, however, is the darker, more animalistic (although I personally feel him hardly animlisch) variant clearly more appealing, because Layton for my taste is a tad too mainstreamig what the price just now times not justified.
Well that's just my humble opinion and the next will probably claim exactly the opposite.
It is and remains purely a matter of taste because qualitatively both fragrances are certainly worth their price!
Nico9425
You have to give him time!
First time spraying. Let's go outside. The temperature is cool but not cold. My first impression after the spraying was again confirmed: "Somehow musty" A spice doesn't fit here at all.
By many opinions before I knew of course that it is also temperature dependent. But it was only after a few weeks of spraying on the 2nd layer and much colder temperatures that I realized how important this is for Layton Exclusif.
He's suddenly not at all stuffy anymore. You take cardamom and the woods were, the cinnamon and other spices dancing beside it. It changes and becomes lighter and more digestible with time. Not weaker or less present but more pleasant for everyone who perceives it. It is certainly not for work and it would be out of place in a club. His home is the winter, the evening, maybe the christmas market if there is one again.
He has earned the rating on Parfumo. Certainly not everyone can like it but for an oriental niche fragrance it is certainly more compatible and more suitable for the masses than many other niche fragrances in similar price categories.
Just awesome!
Received a bottling today, thanks to GeoKyr :). If you like Layton, you're gonna love this... at least I will. :D He is much more mature and with so much depth. I haven't been able to put my nose into too many niche fragrances, but I know all of them from Pdm. For me personally, the best niche fragrance I know.

LG Volkan
Upgrade to adulthood
My first comment after a long period of searching through invisible perfume meets the big brother of my beloved Layton, my very first non-scent.
It took a long time and many fragrances joined in between, but in the end, my big brother moved in with me.

Flacon: Let's start with the presentation, one is welcomed by the usual opulent Marly packaging, after which the flacon is waiting on its small platform. As always well processed and with the typical 5kg cap
Fragrance: With the first breath the well-known Layton DNA rises into the nose, which can be perceived further through the entire fragrance process. But the little man has grown up, and immediately a new woody note enters the picture, making the fragrance appear much darker and more mature. Gone are the teenagers, sweet club vibes that characterize the original Layton. With growing up a certain animalism is added, Zibet in combination with Oud do their service. Personally, I was surprised that Zibet can be so well trained, I knew such animal notes only from scents like Kouros and co, so anyone who is otherwise deterred by these scents when reading them can also access them After 15 minutes we move towards the drydown and the woody aspect gains strength, and the coffee note is added, which however also disappears again unnoticed. What remains is an intoxicating spicy-woody, masculine aroma, from which you don't want to take this nose away anymore.

Durability/Silage: Applied in the morning, it accompanies me for a solid 10-12 hours on the skin, with good projection for the first 2 hours, after which it slowly becomes skin-tight. On clothes it lasts well for several days and scents half of my wardrobe, so be careful.

Conclusion: If the original Layton was too sweet and went too much into mainstream, you might get your money's worth. The added notes let Exclusif smell more complex and profound and offer more room to discover. But it doesn't lose its wearability for mMn. For autumn and winter an absolute must have that I don't want to miss anymore.

Hopefully my first comment was halfway pleasantly readable, and I hope to write more and better in the future :)
Dear Layton Exclusif,
i won't beat about the bush, I've fallen in love with you. The first time I held you in my hands in the form of a bottling and sprayed you on the inside of my arm, my attitude towards perfume changed radically. I had already smelled a lot. From the niche as well as the designer world. However, it was only with you that I began to consider fragrances from my deepest inside as art. You started out similar to your little brother Layton, sweetish, slightly citrusy and fruity, but I immediately realized that a different wind was blowing with you. The woody, oriental base, which became wider and wider on my arm as you went along, was already strongly perceptible at the beginning. Cardamom, sandalwood and above all oud, as it could hardly be more beautiful. The only thing you have in common with your little brother is the vanilla, which runs in the Marly family, with a light! Apple-citrus touch. Also a soft coffee (espresso note) caught my eye and also my fellow men. In my opinion, your very diverse scents, which give a somewhat unusual combination, could not be better coordinated. You are unique and yet very suitable for everyday use. You are simply perfect! Are these the endorphins?

You project forever. Ten hours. Maybe 12. Maybe more. I forget all about time with you. Everyone around us can feel your presence, yet hardly anyone bothers with you. You have a stable, pleasant character, which radiates an aura of sovereignty, masculinity, sensuality and familiarity. Let us be man and fragrance forever, until death do us part
In love
Your Leon
Unfortunately, unfortunately...
...the original's bad brother. In my opinion. The fragrance has enough fans and many would prefer it to the original without batting an eyelid. For smells it smells too "dark", too smoky, too obtrusive; the character of the original layton is unfortunately lost here. But all this is just my humble opinion - the rating of 8.7 must come from somewhere :)

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Opening is similar to Layton, fresh with apple and lavender. Then geranium and a creamy, spicy, woody, smoky drydown with vanilla and oud.
911Frags911Frags 5 months ago
whats this...u pay 100 bucks more just to get a smoky layton... not worth at all
GolcherGolcher 8 months ago
Layton Exclusif also know as 'pretty much Layton'
ExxellenceExxellence 8 months ago
A more unique, dark, complex, elegant but also dirty, bad ass, masculine and mature version of Layton. Def my Fav PDM.
TRehfTRehf 9 months ago
More grown up brother of Layton. Still not redundant. More complex, hence a bit harder to wear. Similar performance. More woody, less sweet.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 1 year ago
Imagine the spice of Interlude with the sweetness of Vanilla Flash and the dry minimalism of Noir Anthracite and you get this. It's sublime.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This perfume becomes unique opening with D'Artagnan - Almond - and closing three drydown musketeers: Oud of Laos, Vanilla and Coffee.
Tennis3040Tennis3040 3 years ago
By far the greatest dry down I have ever encountered.No words can justify, just see what you think.Hats off to perfumer

by Exxellence
by Arsi
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly