Layton Exclusif 2017

Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly
Top 21 in Men's Perfume
Layton Exclusif is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Layton

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit AppleApple
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium CinnamonCinnamon LavenderLavender OudOud
Base Notes Base NotesCypriolCypriol Gaiac woodGaiac wood PatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.05.2022.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I tried several times the regular Layton and enjoyed it without however being amazed. In brief, the "regular" Layton opening shows us a dominant...
SmellsFargoSmellsFargo 1 year ago

THIS PDM PACKS A PUNCH
In the store I was deciding between Layton 125ml & Layton Exclusif 75ml.
They were priced almost the same, this one had more luxurious box.
Went with the Exclusif, used more than half of it, then gave it to a friend.
Layton was more wearable daily, this was more dark and spicy, a bit sharp.
Not for hot weather or for daily use. Evening out is the best purpose.
Never used more than 3 sprays, it would have been overpowering.
Apple and vanilla are quite similar in both fragrances.
Where they go separate ways, this one becomes dark quickly.
Regular Layton stays vivid and playful, this is more serious stuff.
Missed it a bit after giving it away, maybe some day I buy it again, but 125ml ...
Layton Exclusive
My first review so bear with me.
Got me the Layton Exclusive because I also own the Layton and wanted to try this one very much.

So bought, got delivered and sprayed in the evening to go out.
I noticed directly that he is different, different from what I was used to Layton. Layton is directly there, he is like a party monster that storms directly the dance floor and performs the evening long as gäbs no morning more.

Now to the Layton Exclusive You come with your guys in the location of your choice. You take the typical just hip designers in the air was, Versace, Dior, Pacco Rabanne, etc. and put them with your fragrance in passing in the shade.
The little boys notice directly that here a different caliber has run up and submit to the man of the world
After the for me fruity smoky top note has set and has suppressed everything in the perimeter comes the heart note Ideal to build up contact and get into conversation with the ladies. You do not smell like everyone else, you smell interesting, mysterious, adult.
You have the confidence you need to make the evening special.
This fragrance accompanies you all night long.
The woody vanilla base note then takes over the conclusion.
He is the ideal final chord for body length and the rest ......
The gentleman is silent and sneezes. ;)
Oero27
Fortunately, tastes are different..
...and that's a good thing! -Otherwise we would all just sit in silver Golfs, and loved all only Boss Bottled...

Fortunately, the sample of a friendly perfumo saved me from another blind-buy fall par excellence (THX @Memento20).

The fragrance pyramid, the reviews, the word "niche"-all of these have made Layton Exclusif a kind of holy grail for me, with its barely-resistible cry of "Take me!" -"I'll take you small for now." (10ml sample) was definitely the right answer. Because what awaited me was unexpectedly Giorgio for Men in small, and I can also, despite the many positive reviews purely nothing at all abgewinnen.

The fragrance starts with an almost pungent green spiciness, and that does not even hint at the citrus fruitiness. All I smell is musty moss soaked in menthol oil. With the time fortunately capped by cinnamon, lavender and vanilla, but somehow says with every smell Giorgio for Men hello.

From the highly praised H/S I recognize -happily- also nothing. Already after half an hour in the single-digit centimeter range skin close comes after about four hours the farewell.

Tastes are fortunately different, and body chemistry fortunately also. I for one am glad that my skin Layton Exclusif also does not accept..
Layton his Vadder
Yeah nah sorry for the headline but somehow I have to cat you.

So Layton Exclusif it should be?
Yes, please!
All right the Lord that makes then ...€
With this feeling you leave the store, 7 sprays Layton (normal) around the neck. Feeling good almost too good.
Mid-20s and knows how to deal with class. New interests fields you discover and so you work your way from Versace Eros to le male, Joop one million and how they are all called I had them all, now the fine gentleman becomes a niche expert ;) Entering the niche world with Layton and now the Exclusif.... yes yes I know my way around nothing and nobody can do anything to me! I am full of self-confidence full of courage.
Arrived at home I make myself ready for the evening a wedding is coming up, I know all the tricks-> The cream also spread on the neck area so that the perfume also yes lasts longer. Now he comes to use LAYTON EXKLUSIF "spray spray" and the 7 times. The suit sits the Mercedes is washed and the evening begins. I step on the hair slick the suit as tailor-made by Zara and the exklusif does the rest.
Immediately the first conversation with an old friend.
-Hey ... you too here look chic
Thank you, you too - thanks, what are you wearing smells kinda old...

Gone.
Kinda different, kinda good, ...but still a Layton
The Layton was my first niche fragrance and is still one of my favorites. A few days ago I ordered me then (spontaneously ;-)) the Layton Exclusif, because I have fascinated me over time more and more woody notes and I had the hope to get a more animalic, less youthful Layton.

Preliminary: the expectation he has also fulfilled, yet I'm of the opinion that you do not necessarily have to own him.
Right at the beginning I perceive a little of the Layton DNA. Especially this menthol(?)-like tingling in the nose has the Exclusif also. Dominates the fragrance but by a rather pronounced woody note, which makes the fragrance in my opinion also less suitable for the masses. If one comes still rather from the designer area, a Layton Exclusif will probably first confuse, because he smells after spraying on but quite tart.

Over time, it becomes a little rounder and more balanced towards the Drydown, but still gains something of the normal Layton DNA. In the Drydown smells the Exclusif best, but is then from smell totally the Marley and has only discreetly the Animalik in the background.

Why do I now believe that one must not necessarily own the Layton Exclusif?

1. Especially in the drydown Layton and Layton Exclusif (except for the wood note and minimally less sweetness) are just too similar to me.

2. It's less beginner-friendly and requires a bit of time to get comfortable with.
3. It is more expensive than the house's regular Royal Essence range. For this, he smells different, but not higher quality than other PdM fragrances.

Conclusion: I like him, but wear my normal Layton rather.

PS: H/S are incidentally already directly with a freshly unpacked new bottle phenomenal (mine is from 2020, so still quite current). So no need to worry ;-)
Where'd he go?
In search of a new and unique fragrance you can hardly get past the Layton (Exclusif). The fragrance pyramid has already told me so I bought a bottling in the souk.
One evening it was then so far: With me, the beginning is relatively fruity but also the cardamom comes out very quickly. After the drydown comes the woody yet to it and the fragrance seems very rounded, rather a bit well-behaved but still unique.
Actually, I would like it all very well, if there were not durability and sillage. After spraying on I was still very happy about the fragrance and to be able to smell him all evening. But it almost feels like my skin swallows the perfume immediately - after 1h, I almost don't notice anything and the scent becomes very skin tight. My shirt smells the next day still very slightly aftert cinnamon and sweet wood. Too bad, because the fragrance itself is really great.

WoWzA!
I waited a while to grab this one, but boy was I glad when I did… this one is quite different than it’s older brother in the intro, but when he finally settles down, you start to feel the original dna. Quite a confident, masculine, organized feeling scent. For when you want to be RECOGNIZED.

The opening is VERY potent, and the projection bubble and sillage trail is massive as a result of it… longevity is second to none as well, as I smelled this 15 hours later on the next day, sitting stronger than most designers do at the 6 hour mark.

It may be expensive, but if you’re a frag head, price won’t matter at some point, and when you arrive at that moment, make sure you grab this one… especially now that you can get it as a 125ml bottle…
0.5

SmellsFargo
Read before you stone me
before i begin this write up, I just want to say that i think this is a well done, and fairly unique fragrance, especially for PDM standards: this is not for lack of quality in either the blending or ingredients.
but man this shit might just not be for me. my relationship with oud is fairly open, as im cool with it in my juice(you can say we're polyandrous) as long as its not the overwhelmingly dominant note in the fragrance. its not even in my top 10 of fragrance profiles, but i do possess and have tried other oud based or included scents that i enjoyed rather muchly.

ok so the opening...is fantastic. i mean its really brilliant in the way it takes some (not all) of Laytons strengths and blends it with PDMs choice of oud; makes for a unique and sublime experience really.

but that opening only lasts for about an hour (at least on my skin), and then its just straight wood. and ots really not even an unpleasant wood either, its just not my cup of tea. after about 8 hours or so, i feel like ive been going on adventures with Star Lord and the gang cause brother, I Am Groot.

now, i am holding out. a sliver of hope. when i first smelled Layton, im gonna keep it funky; i wasn't impressed in the slightest. it smelled of a high end version of body wash in spray form, you know the kind they hand out in goodie bags at the Illuminati meetings. but as my nose has opened up and ive gotten a chance to lay my honker on other fragrances, i went back to Layton and came away intrigued and wanting to spend more time with it.

the more i wore, the more i whore; wait, sorry wrong group. the more I wore Leighton the more interesting intricacies I picked up the more respect and adoration I gained for it so I'm hoping that exclusif is something similar.

the longevity is pretty good as i get about 9 -11 hours, sillage is fine and projection isnt super loud but good enough. you can find this on certain sites for $200 and at that value or slightly higher, its well worth it...of you sample first. well you should samlle before you buy most of the time (blind buying is such a rush so i wont ever discourage that).

again it's...it's honestly a great frag, just not for me.

Layton Exclusif
Just when we think all the secrets have already been revealed ...

Julien Sprecher came up with a particularly exclusive version of the fragrance that had already become an instant classic when it was launched in 2016. And all because he wanted to offer a refined interpretation, richer than ever, in a composition that he particularly appreciates.

This new incarnation, this best variation is an even greater tribute to the talent of its creator. It awaits with new notes, more mysterious, more intense, more masculine and also more sensual, with passion as the uncompromising main note.

An apotheosis of fragrances, an unrestrained sensual statement that does not hold back, a fiery, intensely spicy woodiness that is completely at one with itself. Anyone wearing Layton Exclusif can be sure to leave an impression of originality and elegance, as a man (or woman) with taste.

Whether as a tight embrace, an irresistible provocation or an intense as well as festive essence of the night, Layton is first and foremost a superior burst of emotion.
You have to earn it...
Layton Exclusive is absolutely amazing. For a year I have the bottling and always feel drawn to him and must smell him. Sometime there's also for me times the bottle, but more about that below.

Layton Exclusif may not please everyone, but he does not even try. Just like its wearer, who in his youth once wanted to please everyone, but at some point realized that it's not worth it.

Layton Exclusif knows who he is and what he has, he doesn't have to pretend or hide.
He's not better than Layton, but he's not worse either.

A fragrance that chooses the wearer. A fragrance whose aura to wear you must first earn.

One day, I too will be ready for it. Until then, however, I remain faithful to my Layton.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 10 days ago
Initially uplifting and spicy-fruity, a warm and powdery oriental spicy-woody Winter fragrance, on a dark and leathery earthy-woody base.
DopeweaselDopeweasel 2 months ago
1000% Masculinity, refined smokiness, oud, vanilla. Everything in this fragrance is alluring and special. Dress up or down, fits anything.
Maximus001Maximus001 7 months ago
Layton Exclusif is well blended, very nice scent. It is not complex but there ain't nothing to argue. Great buy. My batch: 008903.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Opening is similar to Layton, fresh with apple and lavender. Then geranium and a creamy, spicy, woody, smoky drydown with vanilla and oud.
911Frags911Frags 1 year ago
whats this...u pay 100 bucks more just to get a smoky layton... not worth at all
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
Layton Exclusif also know as 'pretty much Layton'
ExxellenceExxellence 2 years ago
A more unique, dark, complex, elegant but also dirty, bad ass, masculine and mature version of Layton. Def my Fav PDM.
TRehfTRehf 2 years ago
More grown up brother of Layton. Still not redundant. More complex, hence a bit harder to wear. Similar performance. More woody, less sweet.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 2 years ago
Imagine the spice of Interlude with the sweetness of Vanilla Flash and the dry minimalism of Noir Anthracite and you get this. It's sublime.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
This perfume becomes unique opening with D'Artagnan - Almond - and closing three drydown musketeers: Oud of Laos, Vanilla and Coffee.

by Exxellence
by MrParföng
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular by Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Haltane by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly