Layton Exclusif (2017)

Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly

Layton Exclusif is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesCypriol, Gaiac wood, Sandalwood, Cardamom

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.10.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Layton vs. Layton Exclusif
Oh well what shall I say, most people know the Layton Exclusif, they will know Layton and I think most people will say that Exclusif is the better and fuller non-scent. But side by side compared, I think, this is not so easy to say anymore.

Where Layton seems to me more like the young man who is available for everything, the man who goes to parties, weddings, dates or movies with friends, the type of man you see at every event in town, the man you always see with a pretty woman around you, Layton Exclusif seems more like the "lonely wolf" type of man. A man who does his thing comes what may and has his life completely under control, a man who polarizes and whom you would like to see at your parties and events, but only rarely. A man who would hardly have to lift a finger to seduce a woman, either it comes to him or not.

Now both fragrances have their advantages and disadvantages. Layton can always be worn. People like him, a lot, because he's a people pleaser. Exclusif goes more to special occasions and his presence receives mixed reactions, some like him, others don't like him so much. But he is the more pronounced personality, he seems more mature and above all more masculine than Layton. But Layton has more energy and is more positive, he is usually longer on his feet, even if Exclusif is not inferior to him in that much.
Both are extroverts, but Layton has the warmer aura of both, he attracts the women, but it is more interesting to deal with Exclusif ...

The whole thing could go on forever... and I don't know which fragrance should be better, both are very similar and yet they have completely different personalities from scratch.

I can't decide who I'd rather be with, I like both of them very much. Exclusif is simply Exclusif and you don't always find a given occasion for such, but there is still Layton. You should make friends with both of them!

Which one of them is your favorite? :)
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Kieran
Nice and at the same time strict executive (m/f/d) wanted!
Evelyn recently took over her father's family business. It stands for Layton Exclusif. Udo, her father, represents the oud and the cypriol in this fragrance, the austere animal, because it wonderfully reflects his past patriarchy. Now he has handed over his scepter to his daughter and not, as everyone suspected, to his son Linus, who is more the Layton type. Instead, Linus has been appointed head of the marketing department. There he is popular with everyone, at every fun and even more at every party. Evelyn is different there, with her one notices the influence of her father clearly, finally this looks also again and again in the company after the right one, he does not trust the fresh wind so completely, which his daughter brings into the enterprise. His visit never lasts long and as soon as he leaves the building, Linus usually trumpets out a joke that makes the whole staff cheerful. Under Udo's leadership, everything would always have been serious. The employees were glad that Linus created a relaxed atmosphere in between. However, Evelyn intervenes when it gets too relaxed. She is a boss who praises you when you deserve it, just as she criticizes you when it is necessary and in a reasonable tone of voice. She never gets excessively loud unless you've exaggerated. Otherwise Evelyn keeps the balance between her father's severity and her brother's exuberance (who prefers to save his extreme stamina for parties and dates). Of course she also has a stylish and self-confident appearance.

My conclusion: Layton Exclusif has the potential, through the exchange of blows between Udo and Linus, not only to be worn on the date or in the evening, but also at work, because it is neither too strict nor too loose. He's just like a modern executive should be. If you can identify with it, you should definitely try this fragrance. Unless, of course, you work in a bank or a similarly conservative environment, where the scent may be less appropriate. It shouldn't be too warm either.
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

The talented horse
It was time again. Apart from Aventus and Original Santal I felt like a polarizing fragrance with charm. In advance: Layton exclusif was a pure blind purchase.

What you read about Layton I either interpret completely wrong or my nose plays tricks on me. I cannot go into the individual scents now, but it is described as a relatively sweet scent - even if the Exclusif Oud is included. Nice dating scent that smells special. And yes: it all smells special, but conspicuously sweet?
When I hold Le Male, or Versace Eros to my nose, we have sweet scents to make his first sexual experience as an adolescent young man, but Layton exclusif is a silky soft masculine bomb. It has a light oriental touch with increasing male power. The shelf life is brutal, but that's what marly's known for. For me an absolutely successful blind purchase. Maybe not a heavy compliment getter, but nobody doesn't like him. At least as far as the women are concerned
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The Châteaux of the Loire perfume
I've had this Layton Exclusif for more than 24 hours and I've waited patiently until now, now with a clean nose and unscented skin, to hit 3 sprays on the back of my hand.
I tried several times the regular Layton and enjoyed it without however being amazed. In the opening, the apple is dominant over a strong lavender as well. Then you have romantic and shy embarrassed floral notes. After a bit of pepper, the scent evolves to a creamy, spicy, woody finish rich in patchouli, vanilla and sandalwood.
By sprinkling the "Exclusif" for the first time, I received my first surprise. I do not understand why this perfume is not an "independent line" instead of being a flanker, because its relationship with the regular Layton is nil. To the usual comment of "The two Laytons have the vanilla in common" ... I can only object it to be a weak argument because vanilla in all PdM is a note that is never missed.
This Exclusiv opens without any apple (thank God) but with a strong almond and somewhat disconected from the other notes. This opening polarizes opinions, either on disliking this bewildered almond note, or on the wonder of staying with an almond olfactory block. This second option is only valid for noses of loving a cloying almond note.
The perfume becomes unique again with the three drydown musketeers: Oud of Laos, Vanilla and Coffee. Cardamom, as well as sandal and gaiac, are detected but they do not command this ship.
The coffee note, although quite sweet, is unusual and different from the breed of aromatic coffee beans we experience in A*Men or Kilian Intoxicated. It smells more like an espresso syrup of coffe and sugar you see in the bottom of a cup ... interesting ... I like it a lot. The note of oud is very well behaved and far from being a reminiscent of the very intense, dry and animálic Laotian oud. I imagine that the gaiacwood and the sandalwood played an important role here, surrendering to the strength of the oud note but at the same time taming it.
At last the vanilla just joins Marly's signature but in an intensive way and not inconspicuously.
The civet note?... it just did not leave the den!
The performance is well above average with a longevity of up to 10 hours, with a dispersion of more than 8 feet and up to 3 hours of projection (with three sprays on the back of my hand).
In my closet, this flask has two seats available. I can park it with well-behaved Easterners such as Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud or Ajmal Shaghaf, or along with its brother Herod.
Can it be considered a masterpiece? I would respond with a YES, always remarking that its price is above its real value. The good presentation of Marly's Parfums makes it easy to sell this perfume.

Rating the exclusivity of Layton:
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:.........8,0
Scent Drydown:........9.5
Longevity:..................8.5 (above average)
Sillage:.......................8.5 (average)
Uniqueness:..............9.0
Wearability:...............7.5 (Spring nights + Winter + Fall nightss)
Versatility:.................8.0 (clubbing and night out; formal occasions)
Compliments:...........8.5 (above average)
Quality:......................9.5 (quality ingredients; excellent packaging and bottle sprayer)
Presentation:............10.0 (very nice although similar to all Roja Dove perfumes)
Price:..........................5.5 (75 ml Eau De Parfum - € 160.00 plus taxes)
Overall rating: 8.50/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion:
A very nice but expensive tamed oud fragrance for clubbing and dining out.
Recomemended?
No! Do try it before you buy it, if you want to risk paying such an high amount.

Music: Pink Floyd - "Brain Damage, Eclipse"

Exclusif halt
Hello folks,

After some consideration Layton Exclusif has now made it into my Top 15 for life. I actually only wear mass-produced perfumes. So now one or the other will be surprised if he has not yet smelled the scent, but the scents. These scents look like something I'm not going to like at all, I thought after I ordered the sample. Oud and Zibet, when I read this just after I sampled the Fragrances du bois perfumes last week, absolutely notes around which I make a greater bow than around people who still think that the minimum of sprays to be perceived with Dior Sauvage is at 6. And believe me, that's why I'm going to keep a very wide open. I'm glad you could say "I did" here. Because there it was now "unfortunately" already too late.
So I figured before I keep souking him up here, I could smell the tube. See there, "it's not that bad", I thought to myself, so 3 sprays on it and off to work.

Fragrance: First of all, you can smell the oud all the time! And you smell something incredibly sweet. Both absolute no-go's individually for me. But both together is not so bad... is of course very objective, but as I said at the beginning I smell oud and something that smells slightly alcoholic and damn sweet. That stays for a few hours, about 2-3 so. Until it gets really beautiful in the base. I don't know what that is that makes this interplay of oud and sweetness so irresistible, but he had me wear after the third, so to speak. If you're wondering where the top note is, that's exactly what I was wondering... so maybe I'm just too short and my olfactory bulb hasn't been trained that much yet, but I only take 2 steps here. What fresh, or what aquatic, what the scents of the top note suggest, remain at least for me, also a presumption. An unconfirmed one, but a hunch. No but really, so who is here looking for something fresh, then he is here wrong.

Durability and charisma: As with almost all Marly fragrances, it lasts on my skin about 8-10 hours, depending on how the skin is currently conditioned. So absolutely top! While we're at Top, you can definitely say that about charisma! But not in a way that's annoying. Absolutely 10/10, not annoying, not weak on the chest, he does what he's supposed to do and that for a long time!
Opportunity: Absolute autumn, or rather winter perfume. Well, I'm an advocate of everyone wearing what they want, when they want. But then please don't stop if he's out with me somewhere... so in summer and spring, I find it absolutely inappropriate. Perfect for dating or in the office. But actually for all occasions in the right climate very suitable and beautiful.

Conclusion: Absolutely horny fragrance. He's moved into my top 15. Who hasn't tested yet.

JUST DO IT!
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Adjective business
Recently in perfumery:
"Hello, I'm looking for a perfume for just about any occasion. It must be wearable at work, but also suitable for events in the evening or during leisure time. But it shouldn't be an ordinary fragrance, but something special."
- then the seller:
"Let's have a look at this one: The seller shows a noble blue bottle with a heavy silver cap] "Familiar yet so unknown, lovable yet provocative, bird of paradise yet self-contained and rounded. Uniqueness in its most beautiful form. [Salesman sprays something on my wrist.] While I was still looking for words, he continued with his hymn of praise] Do you feel the balancing act between aquatic-fresh and gourmand in the top note? A top note that cannot decide between synthie-aquatic and fruit salad sweetness. [Slowly, while my imagination is still on fruit salad, something almost indescribable rises up my nose] Yes, the heart note. She's amazed a lot of people. Woody-pink, animalic-sweaty, flowery, soap-floral, silky flattering. And wait for the base: you won't know where your head is anymore... ... when spicy aromas celebrate orgies together. woody-sweet-vanilla. smoky-elegant in the background. What do you think?"
"Mmh... [I'm still ranting for words and thinking: IF he weren't trading perfume, he could also open an ADJECT BUSINESS!] ...I don't know ... i think... oh, what the hell ... Wrap him up for me." - so much for that

In fact, I did not come to a purchase decision so quickly. I had tried the fragrance in Berlin's KaDeWe and it hasn't let me go since. In the following I would like to describe a few characteristics that are very true for this perfume:

#Superlative - Indeed, in my opinion, the fragrance plays top league in different categories. From my point of view it is one of the best oud scents and one of the best animal scents (maybe even the best here). Since the sweaty Zibet blends into the woody-aquatic scents in such a virtuoso way, the perfume is quite suitable for the masses. It thus forms a beautiful antithesis to YSL's Kouros or Amouage's Gold Man. And it is also one of the most contrasting fragrances. Somehow I have the impression that they wanted to combine the different scents to create something completely new - a kind of Frankenstein of the perfume world. yes, this scent can't be put into a drawer.

#Unique - I don't know of any other scent that smells like this. Even various manufacturers of twin fragrances have not yet managed to duplicate Layton Exclusif, to my knowledge. If you want to smell differently than everyone else, you've come to the right place. Because it might also be too expensive for many people.

#Everyday use - I find Layton Exclusif wearable for all everyday situations. Whether work, disco, date, theatre visit or ... it's just the dose that matters. You shouldn't spray too much. Otherwise the fragrance will lose its balance. Then the animalistic quickly dominates and you smell like a sweaty incense stick ;-)

I've been looking for words for this fragrance for a long time. Finally, I managed to put it in a perfume commique. It was my signature scent for a long time. Tom Ford's Fuc... Fabulous has now replaced him at this point. But I love Layton Exclusif and I don't think that will change.

LG your Flaconist
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

SoNicht
The name is truly program here!
Layton Exclusif - you could really print the exclusive bold here. If you know the normal Layton, you will know this fragrance from the first smell, but it is still very different from this one. Altogether he is clearly more angular, more adult, almost more mature than his brother. I blame this almost entirely on a nice breeze of oud given to this fragrance. For my nose it becomes clearly fuller, stronger, almost more potent. While the normal Layton causes almost only positive reactions, here Oud and Zibet already provide for not quite so uniform reactions anymore. Nevertheless, for me as a fan of well packaged Oud, this fragrance smells like an even better, but above all much more exclusive and noble version of the already known excellent little brother.

While I would have pushed the normal Layton into the party scene rather like this, I can imagine this fragrance just as well on a date, since the fruity lightness is given a certain seriousness here by the somewhat stronger notes Oud and Zibet.

All in all a very good scent that really knocks me down!
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Flammingo
The lovely and chaotic path to the volcanic crater Layton
Hello and welcome to my first comment. I'm pretty new to the world of perfume, and Jeremy Fragrance really got me into it. But I notice that the perfume world has much more to offer than his videos, which I consume less and less. The fragrance is praised by YouTuber as the best oud fragrance.
Since ALZD is not far away, I went and got some PdM fillings. Pegasus, Herod, Habdan, Layton, Layton Exclusif, Galloway and Percival. The only two I've fallen for: Layton Exclusif and Herod.
Now for the fragrance. You can clearly smell the original Layton and I think that this one really is an exclusive version. He's not pushing himself as hard as Layton. Layton's a daredevil. A party guy who wants to be smelled. The one you feel the heat around. This one looks more discreet and cooler. More complicated. More cautious. Hard to decipher. But of high quality. I see him as some kind of prequel. As a stony path that had to be crossed to get to the Layton. The first smell: interesting. Is he going to stay that way?
The fragrance starts delicately sweet-fresh, cool, pleasantly pungent, masculine and mysterious. The mountaineer is still in the valley, has recharged his batteries and is ready to climb the mountain. It smells fresh, ripe fruits and a cold sea breeze. He's looking forward to it.
The path becomes floral, the aquatic sweeter. The mountaineer travels a long way, gets closer to the summit and the first breath of Layton's roast apple becomes perceptible. Roses bloom by the way. The wood burnt by the Layton lava flowing down cools down in the sweet water. The mountaineer has to make his first detours. There are more and more tender roses and gardenias lying on the way and which he does not want to crush.
It's a problem for the mountaineer. His power is dwindling. He's getting closer to Layton Crater. Close to the sweet Layton lava and smells it clearly. He's looking around. Looks flowers, individual waterfalls, but also fresh Oud, coffee beans and vanilla can be spotted. The air is now the warmest, but also the most complicated. And somehow our hero is disappointed. Through the many detours he lost his way and lost his way. He doesn't really know how to start with his surroundings. He sits on a bench and looks towards the summit. This is where Layton Exclusif ends for me.
What bothers me is that the perfume gets warmer and softer with each component added. The male coolness in the first minutes after spraying disappear. I think a clear line would have benefited the fragrance. And less flower. Towards the end he smells as if you had fought over the base and poured some of everything into it. I wouldn't call it a clear oud scent.
Nevertheless, Layton Exclusif does nothing wrong in winter. It warms and is suitable for the masses. Too strong for the office, but can also be worn during the day and evening. I can introduce him to men and, because of the lovely ending, also to women. But you don't have to smell it. He's not a knockout. Shelf life above average, but becomes weaker with sweetening. 2-3 hours clearly perceptible. Sillage normal. Flacon simple, high quality and noble. The fragrance gets a good 7.
Supplement (off-topic):
I notice it's not easy to rate perfumes because everyone has a different opinion and you just have to be the type for the perfume. If you identify yourself with the perfume, the juice can smell as extraordinary and funny as it is, but it still goes down well because you present yourself proudly. For example, I think Aventus is awesome, had a good time with the suit and tie in the opera, but just didn't feel comfortable because I'm not the guy for it. Similar to Straight to Heaven or Profumo. If I had a full beard, it'd be awesome. Still, I'm a guy who seeks a certain masculinity in perfume. I have yet to find my direction.
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

FreundNase
The multidimensional integral on my neck
After testing it for the first time, I classified it as a spicy, pungent, high-quality chaos.
Meanwhile I find the problem rather with me, not with the smell. My nose apparently had to be given enough time to decipher the code of this fragrance.
Only after days of dealing with him did distinct contours emerge for me. Size and depth ratios were perceived more clearly and the first impression was rotated by 180°.

It starts sweetly fresh, a little cold. And he stings.
After an hour, the fragrance has unfolded and all the notes are in harmony. The spice a little louder than the wood. The sweetness gets quieter quickly, but slowly fades away. The roses not too intrusive, the oud discreetly embedded. A few drops of water bind the wort, making it softer. Great. Individuals can be scented with concentration, but the totality wants to impose itself on you. And it's got a lot to offer: For me, the finished overall combination of notes and a few smaller groups of notes exist simultaneously. An incredible profundity.
The exit is so long in coming that one likes to miss it. Durability is excellent. Sillage can be shown, would like to smell him longer on me, but that is criticism on a high level.

All in all, L. Exclusif is an incredibly special, multi-layered fragrance. The environment usually falls in love in a few seconds, but to break it down into its individual parts requires active attention and time.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

PS PS PS well packed
In my opinion:
this perfume is one of the few fragrances that contain oud, which can cause a reaction alla "woah that smells but good" even from unstressed noses - at least from half an arm's length away. Although the oud and the animal-sweaty civet are perceptible, they are so skilfully wrapped in floral, watery and citric (bergamot) scents that the fragrance does not strike others down, seems raw masculine, or evokes a nose-shaped reaction often observed in oud fragrances, but conveys a herb-muscular, yet pleasant note with floral sophistication. Radiance of male dominance in the most elegant way, guaranteed.

Of course, neither Oud nor Zibet will cause described reactions in perfumers, but let's not forget that most normal people out there would be overwhelmed.

Even if this niche fragrance is quite generally compatible, I think the wearer should be at least in his mid-20s, as this fragrance, which presents itself more and more orientally throughout the day, wants to be supported in its credibility. One or two splashes are quite enough, at least if you don't want to inhale it for yourself in a quiet room, Layton Exclusif is highly concentrated. Sillage Hammer, durability Hammer, I still smell him the next day, in the disco he slaughters sweat, smoke and other scents mercilessly down. I think it smells great and unique and will still please a lot of people, let a little beard stand and be self-confident, then this perfume can take you further with the ladies.
8.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

AnjaTom
Layton fired up! Overrated? No Way!
Actually, this scent should not have been classified as Layton (Exclusive)! He is so great and independent, that he is not a Layton inflated with Oud as many think!
He's more than that!
He is for me the "most mainstream-suited" Oud candidate! Many people will probably stop reading here because there are a number of people who do not want exactly THAT. That's what I smell:

The start is fresh! Bergamot and mandarin come into their own. Not like the normal Layton the apple (baked apple). Significantly less sweet, rather spicy-fresh-woody.
After about 1 hour, the scent reaches an incredible warmth and depth. Beside the oud I notice most clearly the wonderfully embedded rose!
Coffee and vanilla remain clearly in the background even after four hours.
Cardamom is present, as is guaiac wood.

The pepper elegantly controls the spice and despite the eternal many fragrances I find the fragrance round and ingeniously made! Not the overload that some people smell.
A Layton replacement?! No, not for me!
Layton is more universal than the Exclusif, but they are both so different that you can own them both! (not must)
Like I said, a fragrance in its own right!
There must be people who wear the LE all year round, I see it more in autumn and winter! Under 10 degrees!
2 sprayers are enough.
What, just 75ml instead of 125ml for the other sizes? Moneymaking? No.
Due to the economical application I would call the PL equivalent.
Currently I also like to refer here the great perfumery Kirner, here you can currently get the Marlys at incredible prices.

If you like Layton, you should definitely test the LE, even if it is independent, I'm sure it has the same taste!
The colder season may come.

Carlitos01 130 days ago
This perfume becomes unique opening with D'Artagnan - Almond - and closing three drydown musketeers: Oud of Laos, Vanilla and Coffee.+4
Tennis3040 22 months ago
By far the greatest dry down I have ever encountered.No words can justify, just see what you think.Hats off to perfumer+2

by Schücha