Meliora by Parfums de Marly

Meliora is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Ylang-ylang, Lily
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Fenja, last update on 17.01.2020.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Seductive Currant
Parfums de Marly is a brand I like very much. I have already tested many of them. So far rather men's and unisex fragrances of this brand. This is the only ladies fragrance I've tested. I have tested this often by a small sample, which I have ordered from Notino. I simply like fruity-floral scents for ladies and give away such scents also gladly. I wouldn't give this away as most people don't appreciate expensive niche perfume anyway. If there are good scent twins to a scent, I'd rather strike. For this I will test the Lalique - Amethyst, which is also from this perfumer Nathalie Lorson and has a similar pyramid.

I tested this Meliora already a few months ago. A fragrance that remains in your memory and attracts positive attention. Of the fragrance type this fragrance fits to many ladies, because it has a great mixture of elegance, elegance and also sex appeal, but is not too provocative.
The fragrance is mainly a black currant fragrance. A note I love to smell on ladies. Also e.g. in Versaces Crystal Noir. This note is simply so fruity, fresh and berry with a very clean and cultivated touch. Also here this note convinces me and comes along very noble and high-quality. In addition to the fruity-berry opening, beautiful feminine floral notes come through. I don't smell an exact note, but this chord has a great sensual floral touch, which rounds off the currant even more feminine. The base is common with vanilla, wood and musk, but it retains its basic DNA. The base becomes very soft and completes this composition well.
All in all this composition is very harmonious and you like to smell it. A high-quality and noble creation, which fits to a cultivated exterior and to many occasions. Not a really heavy scent, but definitely a scent with which woman is perceived due to the good strong Sillage. Also the durability is remarkable but I expect that for this price as well.

I can only warmly recommend this fragrance to ladies. I find it a bit overpriced for over 150 Euros a 75ml but thrown out money it is definitely not. I'm curious about the amethyst test
7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Cleaning Product Dupe
This is super-strong on my skin, and how I wish I could enjoy it more. I received it in a box-lot and it wasn't what I was going for, so it became part of the collateral afterwards to check. I have worn it through 4 seasons, and it always remains the same, strong almost stifling, cold and hard to embrace. This is not a cuddly perfume by any means. One would think a fruity perfume with vanilla would hopefully be, but for my skin, sadly, it is not. Perhaps it is the combination of both cassis and black currant that is giving this more of an ammonia-like power scent. It is definitely heady and at times, over-whelming. Not a whiff of vanilla for balance, or even ylang-ylang is not showing. Imagine a cleaning product based in ammonia, wrapped in a berry scent for the masses with musk as an undercurrent. There you have it-Meliora. It lasts for hours upon hours and radiates wonderfully. Just not for me. Perfume behaves so differently on each individual.

by Hatka
by Hatka
by Snaut
by Snaut
by Sorceress
by Sorceress

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Delina by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Byerley by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Kuhuyan by Parfums de Marly Hamdani by Parfums de Marly