Meliora by Parfums de Marly
Meliora is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still available to purchase.

Nathalie Lorson

LilyLily
Base Notes Base NotesWoodsWoods
VanillaVanilla
MuskMusk

Submitted by Fenja, last update on 22.08.2021.

Summer in a Bottle?
A tangy currant with a soapy accord.
Meliora is very linear. What one smells in the opening also remains to the 95% same in the dry-down.
After 6-7 hrs, the fruity notes move into the background and make way for the beautiful soapy accord.
For the fact that Meliora is a summer fragrance - the red berries, however, remain very long in the foreground. The durability and sillage could really be better (for the price) but in my opinion Meliora is still worth it. It's young but also classy and elegant at the same time. Definitely a crowd-pleaser, very subtle and yet not boring
Laralina
Little fairy flying over a meadow
Meliora totally reminds me of a fairy flying over a meadow of flowers. She carries a heavy fruit that is almost bigger than herself. Meliora remains with me all the time nice fruity and luckily also lasts forever. For me, this is an absolute good mood fragrance.
The queen of currants
I am a new big fan of this fragrance!
Meliora starts with a juicy tangy currant, which is the #1 note for me.
I tested the scent on a cool day and at 10-12°. In the warmth it develops more intensely on my skin and the einzenen fragrance components come out better. Rose, ylang-ylang & vanilla notes then come together in a really nice relationship.
For me, Meliora is a fragrance that can be worn for all occasions and times of day.
It fits best for a fresh and but also warm weather!
It is very well made in terms of craftsmanship
Are you underestimated?
While looking for a new sweetie, I came across Meliora.
Since the bottle, the fragrance notes and the reviews have convinced me, it was bought blind.
And what can I say? It was worth it!
The bottle is a real eye-catcher. High quality and noble processed.
The fragrance ... Wow!
"Fruity scents" are actually not so mine ... but this one is different.
Softer, more sophisticated - not just a "fruit bomb".
The currant comes out already very, but not so pungent, one-sided but soft and attractive.
The flowers, woods and the light vanilla give the rest and round it off.
An incredibly great fragrance that you should test.
Who's Meliora?
Meliora- Personification:
Once upon a time there was a young girl of 18. She was beautiful, but also very shy and so it happened that there were hardly any people who knew of her beauty. Meliora's favorite thing to do was art, she loved painting and playing music. Her parents were very wealthy and so were able to make it possible for their daughter to fulfill her every wish. Meliora embellished every room she entered. Her beauty was so obvious that her parents never allowed her to leave the house alone. The girl hardly had any contact with her peers and especially avoided contact with men. She is very insecure and often afraid of embarrassing herself and doing something wrong. For Meliora, the idea of seducing a man does not exist, because she is much too innocent- too sweet- too uptight for that.

The scent:
Meliora is not a mystery, rather the most obvious and purest form of fruit and flowers that you can imagine.
The perfume starts with equal parts raspberry and cassis, making the start so very tangy and fruity.
The sweetness you notice initial already, but it plays a relevant role only in the further course. Also YlangYlang holds back in Meliora very much, in contrast to the rose, which I perceive here quite strongly.
Nevertheless, the perfume remains with its moisture and does not lose this.
After about 1 hour, I can then finally recognize the vanilla and musk, which level the fragrance impression. I like Melioration from this moment best.

Overall impression:
Meliora remains beautiful and wearable and exactly this straightforward beauty makes it unfortunately unattractive for me. A fragrance without corners and edges may be a purchase criterion for many people, but that's exactly what it is not for me. I lack the special feature here, which one may expect for such a price.
But who stands on fragrances that smell like a beach bar, in which just the juice of exotic fruits is filled into ice cube-filled cocktail glasses, for the Meliora could be what
Connie
Very Innocent But Super Beautiful...
Meliora smells immediately after spraying like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Heavenly but very very innocent. Absolutely no rough edges, but simply innocent but beguilingly beautiful.... Like a young innocent girl. She wears an airy white dress and walks in a garden full of flowers. I can hardly smell the berries, but a rose, not a deep red and velvety one, but a young fresh rose. The lily also comes through very well and makes the scent a bit different and more interesting after a while. After a while, the scent becomes a bit soapy but now not extreme, but like a highly exclusive soap..

I find the fragrance beautiful but just very very "normal". In my opinion, many other fragrances smell similar... Nothing really new and nothing that totally knocks me off my feet. In the dry down, the fragrance is a bit more interesting, because a bit of musk and very light woody notes come to light
Will I buy the fragrance? I do not really know. A very very nice floral fragrance, but as I said nothing new but is very very nice. I am torn. Actually, I'm not a fan of floral fragrances, it is that it is very special iris fragrances and I would have honestly not expected so much floral...

I always try to imagine when I would wear a fragrance and for what occasion.... Hmmm... I would say definitely in the summer, for the winter I find it too light, too floral and too pleasing.... Maybe when it gets so warm one summer evening that we can sit outside on the terrace in one of our favourite restaurants in Hamburg.... Of course, in the hope that the restaurants may open again sometime..

I think I will let H+S decide but I'm not that far yet...

Appearance and reality
A nice young lady, who tries to behave well, but in her heart she is still playful, a bit even childish. She sits upright and plays piano in the living room, but she would love to play outside, climb trees, eat wild fruits and pick flowers. But this is only an ulterior motive while she continues to play quietly.
A lovely fragrance. Personally, I like a little depth, a little maturity, sophistication. I have the feeling that this perfume tries to make it seem more than what it is real. It's nice and nice, entertaining for a while. For me it's on the borderline between neverche and mainstream
A bit too expensive for what it is.
Te75
Impressive spring-summer scent with excellent durability and unique scent composition
The freshness but also at the same time fruity and truly unique scent composition in combination with very good durability convinces me so much that I wear the scent myself, although it is a women's scent ;-)
but please do not tell anyone else ;-)
An innocent fragrance whose softness of rose and lily meets the fruity freshness of raspberry and blackcurrant, perfectly combining the delicate cocktail of fruit and flowers and enchanting with its romanticism. A really masterpiece fragrance and highly highly underrated Parfums of Parfums de Marly!
Seductive Currant
Parfums de Marly is a brand I like very much. I have already tested many of them. So far rather men's and unisex fragrances of this brand. This is the only ladies fragrance I've tested. I have tested this often by a small sample, which I have ordered from Notino. I simply like fruity-floral scents for ladies and give away such scents also gladly. I wouldn't give this away as most people don't appreciate expensive niche perfume anyway. If there are good scent twins to a scent, I'd rather strike. For this I will test the Lalique - Amethyst, which is also from this perfumer Nathalie Lorson and has a similar pyramid.

I tested this Meliora already a few months ago. A fragrance that remains in your memory and attracts positive attention. Of the fragrance type this fragrance fits to many ladies, because it has a great mixture of elegance, elegance and also sex appeal, but is not too provocative.
The fragrance is mainly a black currant fragrance. A note I love to smell on ladies. Also e.g. in Versaces Crystal Noir. This note is simply so fruity, fresh and berry with a very clean and cultivated touch. Also here this note convinces me and comes along very noble and high-quality. In addition to the fruity-berry opening, beautiful feminine floral notes come through. I don't smell an exact note, but this chord has a great sensual floral touch, which rounds off the currant even more feminine. The base is common with vanilla, wood and musk, but it retains its basic DNA. The base becomes very soft and completes this composition well.
All in all this composition is very harmonious and you like to smell it. A high-quality and noble creation, which fits to a cultivated exterior and to many occasions. Not a really heavy scent, but definitely a scent with which woman is perceived due to the good strong Sillage. Also the durability is remarkable but I expect that for this price as well.

I can only warmly recommend this fragrance to ladies. I find it a bit overpriced for over 150 Euros a 75ml but thrown out money it is definitely not. I'm curious about the amethyst test

Cleaning Product Dupe
This is super-strong on my skin, and how I wish I could enjoy it more. I received it in a box-lot and it wasn't what I was going for, so it became part of the collateral afterwards to check. I have worn it through 4 seasons, and it always remains the same, strong almost stifling, cold and hard to embrace. This is not a cuddly perfume by any means. One would think a fruity perfume with vanilla would hopefully be, but for my skin, sadly, it is not. Perhaps it is the combination of both cassis and black currant that is giving this more of an ammonia-like power scent. It is definitely heady and at times, over-whelming. Not a whiff of vanilla for balance, or even ylang-ylang is not showing. Imagine a cleaning product based in ammonia, wrapped in a berry scent for the masses with musk as an undercurrent. There you have it-Meliora. It lasts for hours upon hours and radiates wonderfully. Just not for me. Perfume behaves so differently on each individual.

by Lanto
by Snaut
by Sorceress
by Sorceress

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly