Pegasus by Parfums de Marly
Pegasus is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Reflection Man

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Heliotrope, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Bitter almond, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.04.2021.

Sinairq
Nouveau riche yuppie, arrogant and superficial - On white wings towards Olympus and salvation ?
If I smell the fragrance plays again and again the intro sequence of American Psycho in my head, because it reminds me of a man who is so concerned about his appearance and the fact to make a good impression without being really non-conformist, that his well-groomed exterior almost seems affected.

"I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name isn’t Patrick Batem"

"I think God is looking through my window
Probably thinking, What an idiot!'
Live like every day is December 31
Like I'm not afraid to die And for that I'll go to hell safe I'm going to hell safe I want her to start appreciating me You're all validation and no more, princess God, forgive me for playing with feelings Throwin' out all that money at the perfumery" - December 31 - Shindy.

Named based on Pegasus, not a purebred or real existing horse like many of the other Marlys., no this one Wants to be different, aim higher.
Dazzling white, winged, powerful, sublime and part of Greek mythology.
An impressive name that casts great shadows and suggests a lot to expect from the fragrance.

Pegasus is but purely olfactory not particularly complex, at least not for my nose.
Bitter almond, vanilla, lavender form the prominent trio and create a nice blend that conveys something like sweet coolness in the prelude.
Like someone who holds you but is emotionally absent.
Called by many as metallic note, metallic almond, this paraphrase also comes quite close to the impression, but has nothing to do with the real feeling and smell of iron / metal mMn.
Pegasus is sweetish, however, I feel him at the same time as fresh.
So no special "cuddly scent" for the fireplace or cold winter days, rather a fragrance for office and everyday life. Pegasus is edgeless, although very special, but designed so that he wants to please.
I have long thought about what reminds me of the whole thing and after I discovered here the comment of Real3XO fell with me the penny, after cream, after body care, after such a clean person that one has the feeling he would have fallen into the Nivea almond skin cream pot.

Do I find Pegasus now bad ? No, definitely not. Rather the opposite, Pegasus gives the wearer for the duration of the day (~6-12h // because the durability and sillage on skin are enormous, on clothes even better) an enormous composure, self-confidence and certain aloofness without, however, too much to polarize.

Flacon is as usual from Marley very high quality and beautiful heavy.
The silver fits perfectly to the fragrance experience, although white would certainly have been extremely suitable.
Durability as already mentioned enormous and by far above the level of the current Herod or Layton. 6-8h + loose with some distance perceptible, then the projection flattens out a bit.

Scent very nice, if you are looking for something in the direction clean, without wanting to fall back on the good "shower gel vibe" or Aquaten

Not gender bound, quite flowing.Not intrusive or aggressive, yet noticeable without being annoying. Present without being shouty.
Suitable for all year round, except perhaps in the thickest midsummer.
Rather creamy than powdery, however, no Great scent progression except for the very dominant top note which is softened with time and slowed down by vanilla.
W0as
the dream in gran canaria
january 2020, gran canaria, golfing on the south side of the island. i'll never get rid of this image in my life: new golf course, new clubs, the ball stuck in the sandpit, one shot to win, the sand sits in my shoes, i catch the scent, take a swing and get the ball out of the sand and into the hole without any problems. a great feeling in an even greater place paired with the perfect scent that took me through the green dance floor of the golf course. there is no better experience than this scent in such a picturesque experience.
Christmas market his favorite
What can I say, every fragrance of PDM, which I have tested so far, was a complete success
With the candidate here it is, as not to be expected differently..... TOP !

Starting with the first sprays, it is an interesting fragrance , you do not know how to classify it , yet it smells nice . This metallic note paired with a slight sweetness , yet not too penetrating , aufjeden case a great start.

After half to three quarters of an hour, read the metallic something after, and the bitter almond pulled into the foreground, just beautiful.

It is a pleasant sweetness that radiates warmth , you just feel comfortable in the fragrance , even if it is bitterly cold outside .
This vanilla / almond scent , accompanies one several hours true , I took him even after 6 hours , with certain movements still perceived . The shelf life is as usual from PDM, excellent.

On the whole, it is a beautiful fragrance for the winter days, I was several times agreed what kind of perfume that would be , so a very clear compliments hunter :)

As mentioned before, H/S are really strong ,and I can really only recommend this fragrance :)

Almond and Vanilla Joy in a bottle
This fragrance is a beautiful cool weather fragrance, bergamot citrus and lavender opening, with almonds (slightly metallic but not off putting) /florals in the mid and a creamy sandalwood/sweet vanilla dry down. I get exceptional longevity from this fragrance especially off of clothing (Lasts for over 24hrs on clothing), this fragrance pushes off of me exceptionally well filling most moderate sized rooms within the first couple hours after being applied and has a decent size scent bubble hours after. (with about 6-8 sprays) I have worn this in office settings and have gotten compliments, this fragrance is appealing to most and pretty safe from being offensive. Some people claim this to be unisex, i would definitely say this fragrance leans more towards masculine.
Vogue2011
Which is why you should always ride a winged horse without spurs....
Marly fragrances belong, in my view, in the typical series of "Les Parfums deluxe francaise".

Pegasus is a very worthy ambassador for the brand!
It came into my collection (alongside HEROD, another Marly) 1 year ago.
Well, the maître d'écurie is really surrounded by very noble and temprament horses ;-)

Pegasus needs an experienced rider, who asserts himself, but at the same time recognizes and uses Pegasus's nature and strengths, also gets involved with him a bit.
The ride always starts with a lot of momentum and power, Pegasus is a true muscleman and always with Zunt in the blood. Movement is his strength! Proudly he shows himself in the ride, he wants to please, head up and tail elegantly placed. Indoor riding is not for him, he must be outside, visible to the world.

He doesn't like to be slowed down, but it works, depending on the experience of the rider ;-)

Of course, Pegasus is not the disdainful, normal stable smell attached, it accompanies one on meadows and fields always chords of lavender. After about 2h ride, his movements become almost floating, but never slower!
On the way back to the stables, I notice strangely very familiar notes that remind me of a cream ;-) My sign for: It was another great day on the back of Pegasus, A bientôt, fière et belle :-)

SO good.
I love this scent in the winter. It's warm, creamy, vanillic, and comfortable. When outside in the cold, it performs well, frequently visiting my nose to remind me that I smell like warm honey-spiced milk, and has a wonderful warming, soothing effect. This was one of the first niche frags that I smelled, and it was truly love at first sniff. Soft, warm, kind. Its not powerful, not sexy, just... friendly and kind.

The vanilla and sandalwood are the main actors in this performance, but the supporting cast plays their roles wonderfully. The amber brings out the wonderful warmth in the vanilla and sandalwood, and the Jasmine and lavender leave just a hint of spice in the background of the main attraction.

Performance outside in the cold is great, but inside sitting at my desk I find it is rather subtle, and wears very close to the skin. Lasts forever on fabric. I laid in bed a week ago after applying this, and I can still smell it on my pillow. Which is an amazing way to fall asleep by the way, wrapped in a warm blanket of vanilla and cream.

I will cherish the bottle that I have, and thoroughly enjoy wearing it on cold winter days.
Best winter scent!
I love Pegasus especially in the cold season.
It is indeed a niche fragrance.....der but quite well received by the measure. The slightly metallic opening steps after spraying more and more in the background and you experience a sweet blend of almond and vanilla. Simply unique and great.....and the fragrance lasts an eternity!!!!
Real3XO
Glue or Nivea? - No, we're not getting warm...
I think I own since about half a year a filling of Pegasus. The good Jeremy mentions the Parfums de Marlys yes of the öfteren (cooperation?) and so just also Pegasus.

My interest was thus aroused and by the nevertheless very good evaluations here, I had also a certain expectation at the smell. In addition, I already knew a few Parfums de Marlys, which increased my anticipation.

When trying out the first time, I was then but then transported back to the bottom of the facts. Why exactly, I tell the same.
I could not actually believe it so really and wanted to tell me that maybe I only caught a fake.
So I ordered another bottling from another person and .... it was the same perfume. So after all had not been a fake ... Great

The fragrance opens relatively austere and synthetic. Almond and vanilla are clearly perceptible in the course. Lavender is also still to recognize. The alleged amber in the base, however, I can not recognize for the life of me.

The severity and synthetic largely disappears after some time and Pegasus nestles smoothly around you. At the same time, the sillage of the fragrance is not so bad. Pegasus is already clearly was increase but not at all intrusive. Rather like an aura that always accompanies you. Still, I can't give the sillage, at least on my skin, a very good grade. Partly I have read here that the sillage should be 12/10. I can not confirm that, for me at least.

Pegasus is clearly creamy and sweet. As already said also a little synthetic but that is not in the foreground, I think. The almond also gives the fragrance a certain bitterness, which is not negative. The "metallic" nature of the perfume, often described here, is quite understandable. Probably the association comes from the fact that Pegasus is a rather cold fragrance.

But...

I don't really warm up to him then. I have long wondered what reminds me Pegasus. Somehow I always have to think of glue from my childhood when I smell the fragrance. I read in a comment here that the perfume reminds me of expensive Nivea. I would sign so also 1:1.

Pegasus is okay but nothing special and has somehow nothing super exciting. All the very positive comments I can not really understand unfortunately.

The fragrance is, as I said, not totally bad or so. But if you also consider the price, I would never buy a full bottle of it.
Pegasus is a fall/winter scent, and for those seasons I can think of 100 scents I'd rather wear.

Cheers
Metallic Almond ...
I wasn't so sure if I should buy it or not....
since it sounded very much like tf metalique to me...

After longer back and forth then but...
Beautiful metallic with a horny almond at the beginning ...

will mi the time delicious vanilla on the skin wa me very like this fragrance.
unfortunately, the halbarkeit is not so great which has disappointed me a bit ...
Creamy, sweet but fine
One reads here a lot of criticism of the fragrance, but I can only partly understand.

Who expects to find here a M7 Oud Absolu, has lost his way a bit. The fragrance comes naturally very sweet, almost creamy therefore, which is also perfectly fine.

In the opening, you can already feel clear vanilla impacts combined with lavender and a touch of bergamot. The opening is, admittedly, fierce. It flattens after some time but quite and develops more and more to a woody fragrance framed by sweetish nuances.

Vanilla & sandalwood remain dominant, I imagine also a bit of jasmine to perceive. No idea if my nose can really smell like that :)

On the durability and silage, there are no two opinions. Both would be a 12/10. For me, usually a spritz is enough and I the fragrance is perceived as "quite potent" even in the evening hours.

For me, it is an excellent fragrance for colder days, which could well be interesting for some women.

It is worth but in any case a sample to test before

EdP4hommeEdP4homme 1 month ago
Best Unisex fragrance. The better version of Spicebomb, Reflection, and Rehab. How the same guy of Layton made this, he is a genius.
DTCDTC 1 month ago
Perfume almendrado pero con un olor a limpio que me encanta
EinsteinvEinsteinv 4 months ago
Metallic creamy vanilla, long lasting, linear. Kind of boring.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 6 months ago
It smells to me like a cheap Amouage Reflection, not as pure or elegant, still a very good perfume though and deserve the 8.2 rating
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
It's very aromatic with the heavy almond note but also sweet and resinous. It does recall other fragrances but with a heavy concentration.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It opens very spicy for later revealing a bittersweet almond. The bottom retains the almond and adds vanilla, amber and cedar. Supreme!
OdysseusOdysseus 4 years ago
Very similar to Reflection Man and Le Male. Not original and inferior to Reflection Man. Very long lasting with great projection.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Wow! Superb! Almond,Vanilla,Sandalwood,Lavender,so round and creamy,so...beautiful and equally unisex.can't take my nose of my wrist.
AclapesAclapes 5 years ago
One of the strongest perfumes I tried in terms of performance. It's no joke!

by Umut1984
by WitDeBois
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly