Pegasus by Parfums de Marly
Pegasus is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Reflection Man

Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
VanillaVanilla
SandalwoodSandalwood

8.1986 Ratings

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.09.2021.

Moritz2020
It's snowing, it's snowing, everybody get out of the house!
For me, one of the best winter fragrances in the world.
Maybe it's the bright bottle, but I always associate this fragrance with a snowy winter landscape.
You get a sweet scent with bitter almond at the heart. Drum around slightly floral notes, but yet rather subtle. The sweetness is a gourmand sweetness from the vanilla.
Thus, the fragrance smells extremely soft and cozy.
Maybe it's the bitter almond, but I always associate this scent with Tom Ford's Mister Fabolous. If I compare the fragrances, then Pegasus "wins" quite clearly. I find it more appropriate just for the cold days because of the sweetness.
Either way, this fragrance you should at least have tested. In addition, you get one of the greatest flacons ever
SkipToMyLou
Without a lot of "trappings"
Fragrance starts very sweetish with clearly perceptible almond. Slightly metallic accompanying chord.
After a few minutes, the fragrance notes fit together homogeneously. A balanced perfume with vanilla in clearly dominant accompanying phase.

Dry down already goes very into the vanilla with a slightly warm, milky touch.

First smell, first love. My first niche fragrance. I still love him.

Delta81
Creamy sweetness with headache factor
Got several testers today and tried this one directly. A sweet creamy vanilla like scent. I was not sure about it. Kind of reminds me of Häagen Dasz Dulce de leche. Or body milk for ladies. Or Nivea? I've seen that comparison here before. And kind of artificial, where have I heard that before? Then it hit me: Don Papa Rum. Probably more of a liqueur than a rum, oversweetened and decorated with artificial flavors. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of sweet men's perfumes nor flavored rums. For me, definitely a miss.
Regardless of the scent, this stuff is a headache. I had to wash it off, so I can not say anything about the durability.
Happy Birthday
Since my entire perfume "career" I am looking for a fragrance that simply Zufriedenstellt me.

At the first test of the perfume, I had nothing to criticize and could not take my nose from the test strip.

I just enjoy having this scent with me and am relieved that I have thus most likely discovered my current favorite scent. I have oftens/daily times on certain YouTubern heard that it should have a metallic note and was a little averse due to this description. By the fact that I previously often listened to the words and recommendations of others and decided to make a blind purchase, I was a little more cautious this time and got me a bottling.

I'm not exactly an expert at describing the scent. I can only say, the fragrance is really good!

For me personally, it is a perfect fragrance creation and look forward to a long future together!

MfG
Sinairq
Nouveau riche yuppie, arrogant and superficial - On white wings towards Olympus and salvation ?
If I smell the fragrance plays again and again the intro sequence of American Psycho in my head, because it reminds me of a man who is so concerned about his appearance and the fact to make a good impression without being really non-conformist, that his well-groomed exterior almost seems affected.

"I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name isn’t Patrick Batem"

"I think God is looking through my window
Probably thinking, What an idiot!'
Live like every day is December 31
Like I'm not afraid to die And for that I'll go to hell safe I'm going to hell safe I want her to start appreciating me You're all validation and no more, princess God, forgive me for playing with feelings Throwin' out all that money at the perfumery" - December 31 - Shindy.

Named based on Pegasus, not a purebred or real existing horse like many of the other Marlys., no this one Wants to be different, aim higher.
Dazzling white, winged, powerful, sublime and part of Greek mythology.
An impressive name that casts great shadows and suggests a lot to expect from the fragrance.

Pegasus is but purely olfactory not particularly complex, at least not for my nose.
Bitter almond, vanilla, lavender form the prominent trio and create a nice blend that conveys something like sweet coolness in the prelude.
Like someone who holds you but is emotionally absent.
Called by many as metallic note, metallic almond, this paraphrase also comes quite close to the impression, but has nothing to do with the real feeling and smell of iron / metal mMn.
Pegasus is sweetish, however, I feel him at the same time as fresh.
So no special "cuddly scent" for the fireplace or cold winter days, rather a fragrance for office and everyday life. Pegasus is edgeless, although very special, but designed so that he wants to please.
I have long thought about what reminds me of the whole thing and after I discovered here the comment of Real3XO fell with me the penny, after cream, after body care, after such a clean person that one has the feeling he would have fallen into the Nivea almond skin cream pot.

Do I find Pegasus now bad ? No, definitely not. Rather the opposite, Pegasus gives the wearer for the duration of the day (~6-12h // because the durability and sillage on skin are enormous, on clothes even better) an enormous composure, self-confidence and certain aloofness without, however, too much to polarize.

Flacon is as usual from Marley very high quality and beautiful heavy.
The silver fits perfectly to the fragrance experience, although white would certainly have been extremely suitable.
Durability as already mentioned enormous and by far above the level of the current Herod or Layton. 6-8h + loose with some distance perceptible, then the projection flattens out a bit.

Scent very nice, if you are looking for something in the direction clean, without wanting to fall back on the good "shower gel vibe" or Aquaten

Not gender bound, quite flowing.Not intrusive or aggressive, yet noticeable without being annoying. Present without being shouty.
Suitable for all year round, except perhaps in the thickest midsummer.
Rather creamy than powdery, however, no Great scent progression except for the very dominant top note which is softened with time and slowed down by vanilla.
W0as
the dream in gran canaria
january 2020, gran canaria, golfing on the south side of the island. i'll never get rid of this image in my life: new golf course, new clubs, the ball stuck in the sandpit, one shot to win, the sand sits in my shoes, i catch the scent, take a swing and get the ball out of the sand and into the hole without any problems. a great feeling in an even greater place paired with the perfect scent that took me through the green dance floor of the golf course. there is no better experience than this scent in such a picturesque experience.
Christmas market his favorite
What can I say, every fragrance of PDM, which I have tested so far, was a complete success
With the candidate here it is, as not to be expected differently..... TOP !

Starting with the first sprays, it is an interesting fragrance , you do not know how to classify it , yet it smells nice . This metallic note paired with a slight sweetness , yet not too penetrating , aufjeden case a great start.

After half to three quarters of an hour, read the metallic something after, and the bitter almond pulled into the foreground, just beautiful.

It is a pleasant sweetness that radiates warmth , you just feel comfortable in the fragrance , even if it is bitterly cold outside .
This vanilla / almond scent , accompanies one several hours true , I took him even after 6 hours , with certain movements still perceived . The shelf life is as usual from PDM, excellent.

On the whole, it is a beautiful fragrance for the winter days, I was several times agreed what kind of perfume that would be , so a very clear compliments hunter :)

As mentioned before, H/S are really strong ,and I can really only recommend this fragrance :)

Almond and Vanilla Joy in a bottle
This fragrance is a beautiful cool weather fragrance, bergamot citrus and lavender opening, with almonds (slightly metallic but not off putting) /florals in the mid and a creamy sandalwood/sweet vanilla dry down. I get exceptional longevity from this fragrance especially off of clothing (Lasts for over 24hrs on clothing), this fragrance pushes off of me exceptionally well filling most moderate sized rooms within the first couple hours after being applied and has a decent size scent bubble hours after. (with about 6-8 sprays) I have worn this in office settings and have gotten compliments, this fragrance is appealing to most and pretty safe from being offensive. Some people claim this to be unisex, i would definitely say this fragrance leans more towards masculine.
Vogue2011
Which is why you should always ride a winged horse without spurs....
Marly fragrances belong, in my view, in the typical series of "Les Parfums deluxe francaise".

Pegasus is a very worthy ambassador for the brand!
It came into my collection (alongside HEROD, another Marly) 1 year ago.
Well, the maître d'écurie is really surrounded by very noble and temprament horses ;-)

Pegasus needs an experienced rider, who asserts himself, but at the same time recognizes and uses Pegasus's nature and strengths, also gets involved with him a bit.
The ride always starts with a lot of momentum and power, Pegasus is a true muscleman and always with Zunt in the blood. Movement is his strength! Proudly he shows himself in the ride, he wants to please, head up and tail elegantly placed. Indoor riding is not for him, he must be outside, visible to the world.

He doesn't like to be slowed down, but it works, depending on the experience of the rider ;-)

Of course, Pegasus is not the disdainful, normal stable smell attached, it accompanies one on meadows and fields always chords of lavender. After about 2h ride, his movements become almost floating, but never slower!
On the way back to the stables, I notice strangely very familiar notes that remind me of a cream ;-) My sign for: It was another great day on the back of Pegasus, A bientôt, fière et belle :-)

SO good.
I love this scent in the winter. It's warm, creamy, vanillic, and comfortable. When outside in the cold, it performs well, frequently visiting my nose to remind me that I smell like warm honey-spiced milk, and has a wonderful warming, soothing effect. This was one of the first niche frags that I smelled, and it was truly love at first sniff. Soft, warm, kind. Its not powerful, not sexy, just... friendly and kind.

The vanilla and sandalwood are the main actors in this performance, but the supporting cast plays their roles wonderfully. The amber brings out the wonderful warmth in the vanilla and sandalwood, and the Jasmine and lavender leave just a hint of spice in the background of the main attraction.

Performance outside in the cold is great, but inside sitting at my desk I find it is rather subtle, and wears very close to the skin. Lasts forever on fabric. I laid in bed a week ago after applying this, and I can still smell it on my pillow. Which is an amazing way to fall asleep by the way, wrapped in a warm blanket of vanilla and cream.

I will cherish the bottle that I have, and thoroughly enjoy wearing it on cold winter days.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Bright creamy almond, light floral tones. Powdery and vanillic as it dries down, licorice bite. Smells like Dior Hypnotic Poison.
PauljaegerPauljaeger 4 months ago
Beautiful vanilla and almond scent with nice sillage, but just won’t last one me. I gave it to my friend, and on his skin it’s a monster..
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 7 months ago
Best Unisex fragrance. The better version of Spicebomb, Reflection, and Rehab. How the same guy of Layton made this, he is a genius.
DTCDTC 7 months ago
Perfume almendrado pero con un olor a limpio que me encanta
EinsteinvEinsteinv 9 months ago
Metallic creamy vanilla, long lasting, linear. Kind of boring.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 11 months ago
It smells to me like a cheap Amouage Reflection, not as pure or elegant, still a very good perfume though and deserve the 8.2 rating
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
It's very aromatic with the heavy almond note but also sweet and resinous. It does recall other fragrances but with a heavy concentration.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
It opens very spicy for later revealing a bittersweet almond. The bottom retains the almond and adds vanilla, amber and cedar. Supreme!
OdysseusOdysseus 5 years ago
Very similar to Reflection Man and Le Male. Not original and inferior to Reflection Man. Very long lasting with great projection.
AclapesAclapes 5 years ago
One of the strongest perfumes I tried in terms of performance. It's no joke!

by Umut1984
by 3Lv3
by Rallinski
by Rallinski

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly