Pegasus by Parfums de Marly
Top 90 in Men's Perfume
Pegasus is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Heliotrope, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Bitter almond, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2020.

overly optimistic
Before I would have bought this fragrance blindly, I had a souk come to me.
I have heard many positive things about this fragrance on YouTube and also on other forums.
With great enthusiasm I sprayed two splashes on my wrist, within seconds reality caught up with me and my enthusiasm turned out to be a sober disappointment .

The scent lasted only 3-4 hours on my skin and the silage was similarly strong as with a mainstream scent, very average.
Pegasus smells to me like the hand cream of L Occictane (almond). In many reviews it has been mentioned that Pegasus has a metallic note, unfortunately I have to disagree. For me Pegasus smells powdery, sweet and like almond oil : (
Bocktown88
I think I'm being kicked by a horse
The mix of bitter almond, vanilla and the great wood notes is very pleasant. Has something rather masculine as I find, with a sweet addition. In winter a great scent. Whether it is so suitable for the summer, I dare to doubt.

I tend to use it more as an evening scent, special events, or for going out
Metallic almond?!
MY signature scent! This in advance. It was quasi my entry into the niche world and is still my fragrance for autumn, winter, as well as summer and spring evenings and especially for dates.

But from the beginning. In my search for niche fragrances, I came across Parfums de Marly and the opinions and reviews were always positive. Especially Layton and Herod were praised to the skies. But Pegasus somehow spoke to me about the ingredients and so these 3 samples were ordered (Godolphin came along).
I liked Herod, but he didn't knock me out. I knew Layton was the hammer, so I knew he was just a complimentator, and then Pegasus. At first I was a bit disappointed because he's not as pushy as Herod or Layton. He doesn't come with a bang, but he smelled so pleasant and I left him a bit on my skin. After a good hour I smelled again directly on my wrist... WOW! The almond was there, light sweetness, vanilla and something else I didn't know.
I was looking for videos about Pegasus and of course one of Jeremy (I'm not a fan but here he hits the nail on the head) ... metallic almond he called it. I smelled again and could only agree. Hammer this thing. In the next few days I hung it up and actually got a lot of compliments from girlfriends, from friends and also from strange men and women. Often I was asked what kind of scent it was, but since many people are not at home in the world of scents or know about niche scents, they were not much smarter afterwards Pegasus is just different and I don't know any scent that really resembles it very much. Meanwhile Carlisle is on the same level as him for me, but nobody could replace him for me! Neverending Lovestory
Miloxys
Above the clouds, freedom must be boundless.
PDM PEGASUS is not a perfume, it's a ship that takes you on a wave ride. Unbelievably delicious scent with a great sweetness that won't make you suffer from nasal diabetes right away. The scent is slightly complex, multifaceted... I really miss the words
PDM Pegasus is often compared to Dior Hypnotic - I don't think so at all. Dior Hypnotic has this heaviness, this intrusive. Dior Hypnotic smells like a freshly made vanilla pudding, whereas PDM Pegasus comes close to being confirmed with vanilla extract. Almond and something metallic can be perceived. Despite its sweetness, the fragrance has a nice freshness and every time I catch the sillage, the perfume somehow makes me fly. I am totally in love. PEGASUS is for me, next to Aventus Creed, one of the best bangers available at the moment
CONCLUSION: If I would buy again and again, people would like it. Suitable for every occasion, time of day and season. In summer, however, work discreetly with the perfume. In winter you can apply one more spray.
The best PDM?
Yesterday, my wife, my best friend and his wife and I were in a perfumery that also carries niche fragrances. We went to the PDM shelf and tested some fragrances. Among them were Layton, Kalan, Herod, Percival and Pegasus. While I liked all of them quite well, it was immediately clear to the 3 others that Pegasus is without a doubt the best, because it's the strongest character. I was able to confirm that as well. So my boyfriend and I each bought a big bottle. The saleswoman was pleased. Just 420 Euro flushed into the cash register!
But what does it smell like? Honestly, I don't know. It's hard for me to describe other PDM scents. I only notice when I don't like a scent that much, like cinnamon. And if I remember correctly, Layton and Kalan smell a bit like cinnamon. But I could be wrong.
Anyway, Pegasus to me is a nice, round, feel-good smell.

P. S. If the question arises why I didn't test Layton Exclusif or Carlisle? I bought them a few days ago here in the Souk and I don't like either of them at all!
6 drops are sufficient for 500 g flour
In the past, when baking with my mother, people liked to add a dash of bitter almond flavour to the dough. I liked to try it as from the dough, but I never liked the bitter almond. Especially not when I had a lump of dough with the whole bottle of aroma in my mouth. That was also the reason why I have been avoiding Pegasus for several years. But eventually curiosity overcame me and I bought a small sample here in the souk.

Totally excited, I opened the package, removed the protective cap from the atomizer and a creamy-sweet scent came towards me. I just thought you were crazy... You can't wear that in the middle of summer at 32 degrees. First of all, you have to leave in an hour, you're meeting friends for dinner. Well, as you know it, you do it anyway. You can wash it off again if it gets too weird.

No sooner said than done and 2 sprayers landed on the neck and one on the back of the hand. I was really positively surprised, he is not as sweet and heavy as some describe him. The expected gag reflex due to the negative experiences in childhood with bitter almond aroma was completely absent! I fell in love with this aroma again :-) The metallic note makes it quite fresh and super wearable for mild summer evenings. I am not afraid to wear such scents even at temperatures above 15 degrees. I also wear Bois Doré from Van Cleefs & Arpels in summer because the mineral note makes it a fragrance for warmer days. Fortunately, there were no negative comments during dinner in the restaurant, rather the opposite was the case.

Great fragrance for the whole year and male and female! If you dare, you can also wear it in spring and summer. Have courage :-)
MrGoodSmell
The ride on the silver horse
Parfums de Marly has some great creations and has so far been able to inspire me more than disappoint. Pegasus is one of the PdM fragrances that I count among my personal Top 5.

But what makes him so unique and interesting?

The scent of Pegasus is quite linear and does not really offer any big surprises. But what you get offered - the omnipresent pleasant-almond & vanilla with the metallic note throughout, are absolutely unique and one of a kind. Just in this point you can feel the origin of the fragrance. Pegasus is also of the quality a genuine niche fragrance, which can leave a big impression when used correctly. There are some fragrances in my collection that I don't wear for compliments, but enjoy at home for me. Pegasus creates both for me! For me it is a fragrance that I spray on from time to time to simply relax and let go. The Sillage is really strong, the durability more than decent!

Used correctly Pegasus can also inspire others around you. In spring on cooler evenings or preferably throughout the autumn - especially on rainy days - it is a faithful companion. Because of its sweetness I would not recommend it at temperatures above 15 degrees Celsius, because then it becomes to be taken. So you will be aware of your surroundings in any case!

Pegasus belongs to the fragrances that can be worn by women. One cannot deny that it has a certain feminine touch. But MFK Baccarat Rouge is also worn by some men ;)

PdM is thus a great fragrance that is coherent in itself and can be worn by both men and women.

Spicy vanilla-almond sweetness
This fragrance belongs to the higher quality and better fragrances.

To me it is initially too peppery, although pepper is not mentioned at all.
Besides the "spiciness" it also starts with a decent sweetness and remains a rather heavy fragrance for the winter days or at least for the cold days.

In drydown it becomes very pleasant and cuddly because it loses its spice. At this point I'd rate Pegasus a 9. He becomes velvety soft, but the delicate vanilla-almond sweetness remains until the end.

All in all a good fragrance, but for me personally without buying intention.

A realistic 8.5.

Winter almond
I had been eyeing the Pegasus for a while now. I always liked Herod from PDM, but recently fell in love with Layton, hence it was hard to make up the decision about Pegasus while I enjoyed sniffing the 2mL sample of this aromatic gem. What pushed me to purchase Pegasus was the fact that the perfume is so well put together that I appreciate different notes and vibe depending on the day, sometimes it is sweet almond with heavy resins that stand out, other times it has a bittersweet almond in vanilla which is alluring. And then I purchased Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous on eBay as I was running out of my 10mL atomizer. Unfortunately, or expectedly, the item was fake. Packaging looked weak, the logo looked like a stamp not placed in absolute center, and the scent was weak. Interenstingly, it did smell a little similar to Fucking Fabulous, but much waeaker and when I tested it side by side it was clear as night and day. The reason I am writing on and on about this Fabulous fake is that the weak?/fake fucking fabulous notes of amber and vanilla totally reminded me of Pegasus. As I said before I came to realize it was definitely a fake when I smell-compared it side by side, but it was this weaker or imitation Fabulous that reminded me of the association between amber and vanilla. The real Fabulous has leather and plastic-like potent smell that are addictive in its own right, but I much prefer Pegasus' well blended, cuddly and romantic scent cloud that gives a bit of playful or even arrogant vibe. I am not thinking of replacing Fabulous with Pegasus but wearing Tom Ford's Fabulous does not necessary make me feel fabulous all the time. FF makes me imagine of an overly sexualized beast wearing a bondage leather with sweat dropping down the forehead, breathing heavily to devour the prey. A beast in other words. With Pegasus I feel playful, charming and romantic, maybe a bit cocky but well mannered. No bondage or sweat association. So while I still like the raw-animalic vibe of Fabulous, I feel Pegasus is a great replacement for a more casual wear and intention.
Wodkagorba
Seductive, sophisticated duality of the world in one bottle
Pegasus. If you ask yourself the question what this fragrance smells like, you will find part of the answer already based in the phonetics (or: almost onomatopoeia) of the name: PE - ga - sus, a name like a shot, an olfactory bomb explosion, slightly aggressive, a bit arrogant, definitely unmistakable, but at the same time not chubby or cheap, but neat and stylish, even quite cuddly, even romantic.
(It occurs to me that Jeremy always celebrates and celebrates the name "Pegasus" with obvious pleasure in his latest videos - but only in passing ;-)

What makes this fragrance from the house of Marly so special, unlike other niche fragrances, is not the complexity of this scent, but simply its uniqueness, which paradoxically arises from the simplicity of a perfectly clear, almost philosophical idea. The basic idea of Pegasus is to successfully and harmoniously combine two actually completely opposite, difficult to reconcile scents in one bottle:
On the one hand, the metallic or metallic coolness so characteristic of Pegasus dominates, which is clearly perceptible and conveys a certain arrogance, distance and emotional coldness; on the other hand, Pegasus gives rise to the equally characteristic bitter almond note, refined in a creamy and seductive way by the vanilla in the base. This bitter-sweet bitter almond with the vanilla represents, in diametric difference to the metallic coolness mentioned, human closeness, cuddly warmth, almost an idea of romance. And this is exactly where the ingenuity, that certain something of Pegasus lies: the existential duality of this world of closeness and distance, of warmth and cold, of sensual understatement and chivalrous arrogance olfactorically combined and brought together in a single noble fragrance, a single bottle.

These two elements form the basic structure of Pegasus. Add to that a bit of pleasant freshness through the bergamot and some cumin spice, which gives the whole fragrance a certain masculinity, and I would personally classify the fragrance as a men's fragrance, maybe because of the metallic nature of the scent, for which you should definitely have a certain self-confidence when wearing it. Nevertheless, the fragrance is of course not unwearable for women (if you want to as a woman). Amber and sandalwood place the entire fragrance composition on a soft, stable foundation and refine the individual scents.

You can wear this wonderful fragrance from Marly all the time, but it plays its strengths best in cool temperatures and especially in winter. Nevertheless, it is also wearable in spring or on slightly cooler (not subtropical!) summer nights. Only at high temperatures I would consider fresher and not so heavy scent alternatives.

Let's get to the sociological-psychological component of this fragrance (or as Jeremy likes to say: the "Ladies-Reactions" ;)
Although this scent is clearly a niche scent for me because of its scent character, it is really well received by the "broad masses" (and yes, I formulate this here so platitudinously), especially by the girls. Sometimes - especially in winter - I had the feeling that one or the other representative of the female sex is physically attracted to the wearer of this fragrance (I was told this literally at the Christmas market). In general, there are some compliments for the fragrance and in my experience it leaves a good impression.

With performance and flacon design I keep it short:
The performance is really good, both in terms of durability (actually always a solid 7-8 hours, sometimes even more, depending on the environment and temperature) and projection (clearly noticeable in the first few hours). The glossy, silver, heavy bottle fits perfectly to this fragrance - very nice, a bit chunky maybe, but also massive and noble.

All in all, I can only recommend this scent and despite the typical high Marly price, I also recommend to buy it. But I would try the scent before, as the tastes are different and one should find out beforehand if one personally likes this metallic bitter almond creation so much that one is willing to pay the price (~200 Euro for 125 ml).

AmberScentAmberScent 17 months ago
It's very aromatic with the heavy almond note but also sweet and resinous. It does recall other fragrances but with a heavy concentration.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
It opens very spicy for later revealing a bittersweet almond. The bottom retains the almond and adds vanilla, amber and cedar. Supreme!
OdysseusOdysseus 4 years ago
Very similar to Reflection Man and Le Male. Not original and inferior to Reflection Man. Very long lasting with great projection.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Wow! Superb! Almond,Vanilla,Sandalwood,Lavender,so round and creamy,so...beautiful and equally unisex.can't take my nose of my wrist.
AclapesAclapes 4 years ago
One of the strongest perfumes I tried in terms of performance. It's no joke!

by Umut1984
by WitDeBois
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly