Pegasus by Parfums de Marly
Pegasus is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Heliotrope, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Bitter almond, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.01.2021.

Creamy, sweet but fine
One reads here a lot of criticism of the fragrance, but I can only partly understand.

Who expects to find here a M7 Oud Absolu, has lost his way a bit. The fragrance comes naturally very sweet, almost creamy therefore, which is also perfectly fine.

In the opening, you can already feel clear vanilla impacts combined with lavender and a touch of bergamot. The opening is, admittedly, fierce. It flattens after some time but quite and develops more and more to a woody fragrance framed by sweetish nuances.

Vanilla & sandalwood remain dominant, I imagine also a bit of jasmine to perceive. No idea if my nose can really smell like that :)

On the durability and silage, there are no two opinions. Both would be a 12/10. For me, usually a spritz is enough and I the fragrance is perceived as "quite potent" even in the evening hours.

For me, it is an excellent fragrance for colder days, which could well be interesting for some women.

It is worth but in any case a sample to test before
Kaiser5252
I have to like it, don't I?
Why test beforehand? Better to buy right away I thought. So it should be. When it finally arrived, I left everything and dedicated myself to the fragrance. Unpacked, sprayed on, smelled, deeply disappointed. This is it? It had to be tipped. In desperation, I ordered myself a bottling from a reputable source. When this arrived and smelled exactly like this, I tried again and again with this scent. To no avail. I just didn't like it. Although we have left the house together only once and he otherwise comes maximum once a month to wistful test purposes to use, he stands after about 3 years still between the fragrances I really like.
Why I can not explain. Maybe I secretly have the hope that we will still be friends. After this debacle I swore in the future to test every fragrance before buying, of course I lied to myself.

But now to the essentials. A voluminous and intrusive fragrance. It smells to me like vanilla and lavender, synthetic, bitter, creamy. What in principle must not smell bad. In this case, however, the notes bite each other in my opinion, which I blame on the lavender. It just doesn't smell round overall. The durability and sillage, however, I would rate as good. Also the Flacon is very respectable. Fortunately gibts of it also which with content of the me like.

The white one for both
This is my first fragrance from the house. I bought it blind, because many reviews were extremely positive. Right away: Organize a sample in advance! He acts on me too special, as that one should really buy blindly.

Classified by many as a winter fragrance, I can say that it can probably be worn throughout the year.

He acts through its ingredients such as bitter almond and lavender very light, almost too feminine (which is why I often hesitate to reach for him). For me, he also does not get sweeter with time sonder. runs linear. The durability is good, even after now 8 hours he is perceptible (on clothes).

Would I buy it again! Probably not, since he seems too feminine to me. For the price you should rather look left and right of the shelves again.
Caraway + lavender + bitter almond = a high-quality and pale Mr. Nice Guy
Hello everyone,

my first big bottle of a "niche fragrance" blindly bought from the house in Paris and a kind of love-hate relationship.

I like this cool top note of caraway, almond and lavender that builds up such a cool knight's armour around you. The fragrance becomes sweeter and sweeter, almost gourmand with the vanilla. As with all fragrances of the house I own (currently 6) you can smell or sense the high quality of the ingredients, oils and craftsmanship.

The fragrance is a wonderful companion in the cool, even cold days and is a portable cleaner for the office, date and everyday life with high demands. The Sillage and Performance I do not like for the price paid. It smells good on the skin and is also 2-4 hours around me pleasantly perceptible. Afterwards it stays on the skin and with me only there. I think this is a pity because he brings a very good package, but when it comes to performance and perceptibility, he is (with me) a weak companion. His opening is great, the durability rather moderate and the drydown nice and really pleasantly sweet.
In my opinion, one(s) will get the really also wearable by ladies... for the invested money better. I find it satisfying and quite hyped but generally skillfully made. Only the durability at 200€+ is a serious point of criticism.

A beautiful fragrance clearly yes
A "Must Have" like many rankings For me clearly no

Please test a filling first (as always with such fragrances)
Unique+Good durability
Contrary to one or two critical comments, I accepted a good offer and got my first PDM. I had tested it before and was very impressed with the way the combination of vanilla&almond envelops you without being heavy and obtrusive.
At the beginning I also notice the often mentioned metallic note. But it hardly bothers me... on the contrary. I've never smelled like that with any other perfume
About the performance:
Sillage 7h+ after that it flattens out, in my opinion it's absolutely sufficient.
Shelf life 10 hours+.

A small general point of criticism that annoys me with many niche brands:
There is no question that a perfume in this price range is luxury for "normal people". But the packaging is anything but luxurious..there is a roll almost elegantly packaged. Kind of sad. But well..

Granted, I have cheaper scents that have much stronger sillage/stability... but this scent definitely has a unique character and recognition value!

Conclusion : Don't be confused by every comment here.
Test it yourself, just wait for a good offer and then hit it!

Let's GO !

My little Pony
One thing first: Pegasus is a beautiful and pleasantly sweet scent. I understand he has a large fan base. But after several tests I have to distance myself from him as a buying candidate.

I've already tested the most popular Marlys. These include Herod, Layton, Layton ex, Pegasus ex and Pegasus. I didn't like any of them. Yes, there are a number of others, but they either sound even sweeter or the scent pyramid does not appeal to me. So because I like almond and lavender, I bet everything on one horse: Pegasus.

A few days ago I visited a well-assorted perfumery in Düsseldorf, which carries PdM among others. Of course with a fashionable mask, so that I remain anonymous, I entered the shop. Arriving at the perfume department I stopped in front of a big sign and read the Corona rules for entering the sales area. The whole area was almost closed off like a small enclosure where the salesmen romped around like rabbits. BtW: They can't help it. A nice saleswoman gave me a dose of Pegasus.

Back in the open air I sniffed my arm with Pegasus (i.e. the scent). (Note to me: If I read the previous sentence like this, one could think I had expanded my consciousness).

At first I find the fragrance very exclusive and noble. It seems very extraordinary and cool. It certainly owes this to the almond. Simply well even. But after a while it takes a sweet and ordinary direction. Thus it remains nothing special for me and is not worth the money. I like medium sweet scents, even if they are extraordinary. Unfortunately, Pegasus is not. There are much cheaper sweet representatives there, and they smell even more extraordinary. However, the shelf life is positive, which I feared after some experiences from this forum at the beginning was not good. Lasts a good 8 hours, even if only very close. Sillage is also quite ok. But it is rather a reserved fellow, the Pegasus.

When I think of Pegasus, I immediately think of the winged, large, magnificent and strong horse from Greek mythology on which Perseus rides and goes into battle. Pegasus, the scent, is unfortunately rather a small sweet pony, which has wings painted on its back. Cute (I abhor cruelty to animals). Pegasus remains my little pony.

I will now give up on the Marlys and devote myself to other calibres.

In this sense, a triple flap of wings: Hüa, Hüa, Hüa.

Peace!

Minh061214
Love at the second sniff
In search of a very special and unique fragrance, I made my way to Breuninger. Arrived at the perfume department, I sniffed my way through the fragrances step by step. At some point a saleswoman asked me if she could help me. I told her that I was looking for something for me that was not so mainstream and somehow stood out from other fragrances. Then she told me that she had something perfect for me and sprayed me with perfumes from Marly Pegasus. I found the bottle fascinating. It looked classy and so masculine. As soon as I smelled it on my arm I was scared to death. A slightly biting metallic smell came towards me. I told her that this was one tick too many and I kept looking around. Disappointed I wanted to leave the shop and walk directly to the next perfume shop. Almost at the exit I was met by an incredibly delicious, sweet, creamy, almond scent. I smelled it on my wrist and my first thought was: this could not be the scent from just now. At the Dry Down, the smell was overwhelming. I couldn't stop smelling it, it made me slightly addicted. I, directly turned around, went back to the perfume department and asked the lady again about the scent. I took it directly with me and the tester sprayed something on my neck. The durability and sillage was incredible. It stayed on my skin until the next day. Shortly after I bought it I went to a restaurant and had a snack. 2 meters beside me sat an incredibly beautiful woman. She looked at me the whole time. At some point she came over to me and asked me what kind of scent I was wearing. In my head I thought, "Woooow. This scent is awesome. All in all I had dinner with the pretty woman and got her mobile number. So a mega day for me. Parfums de Marly Pegasus is my absolute favourite fragrance and I will buy it again and again
overly optimistic
Before I would have bought this fragrance blindly, I had a souk come to me.
I have heard many positive things about this fragrance on YouTube and also on other forums.
With great enthusiasm I sprayed two splashes on my wrist, within seconds reality caught up with me and my enthusiasm turned out to be a sober disappointment .

The scent lasted only 3-4 hours on my skin and the silage was similarly strong as with a mainstream scent, very average.
Pegasus smells to me like the hand cream of L Occictane (almond). In many reviews it has been mentioned that Pegasus has a metallic note, unfortunately I have to disagree. For me Pegasus smells powdery, sweet and like almond oil : (
Bocktown88
I think I'm being kicked by a horse
The mix of bitter almond, vanilla and the great wood notes is very pleasant. Has something rather masculine as I find, with a sweet addition. In winter a great scent. Whether it is so suitable for the summer, I dare to doubt.

I tend to use it more as an evening scent, special events, or for going out
Metallic almond?!
MY signature scent! This in advance. It was quasi my entry into the niche world and is still my fragrance for autumn, winter, as well as summer and spring evenings and especially for dates.

But from the beginning. In my search for niche fragrances, I came across Parfums de Marly and the opinions and reviews were always positive. Especially Layton and Herod were praised to the skies. But Pegasus somehow spoke to me about the ingredients and so these 3 samples were ordered (Godolphin came along).
I liked Herod, but he didn't knock me out. I knew Layton was the hammer, so I knew he was just a complimentator, and then Pegasus. At first I was a bit disappointed because he's not as pushy as Herod or Layton. He doesn't come with a bang, but he smelled so pleasant and I left him a bit on my skin. After a good hour I smelled again directly on my wrist... WOW! The almond was there, light sweetness, vanilla and something else I didn't know.
I was looking for videos about Pegasus and of course one of Jeremy (I'm not a fan but here he hits the nail on the head) ... metallic almond he called it. I smelled again and could only agree. Hammer this thing. In the next few days I hung it up and actually got a lot of compliments from girlfriends, from friends and also from strange men and women. Often I was asked what kind of scent it was, but since many people are not at home in the world of scents or know about niche scents, they were not much smarter afterwards Pegasus is just different and I don't know any scent that really resembles it very much. Meanwhile Carlisle is on the same level as him for me, but nobody could replace him for me! Neverending Lovestory

EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Metallic creamy vanilla, long lasting, linear. Kind of boring.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 3 months ago
It smells to me like a cheap Amouage Reflection, not as pure or elegant, still a very good perfume though and deserve the 8.2 rating
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
It's very aromatic with the heavy almond note but also sweet and resinous. It does recall other fragrances but with a heavy concentration.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It opens very spicy for later revealing a bittersweet almond. The bottom retains the almond and adds vanilla, amber and cedar. Supreme!
OdysseusOdysseus 4 years ago
Very similar to Reflection Man and Le Male. Not original and inferior to Reflection Man. Very long lasting with great projection.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Wow! Superb! Almond,Vanilla,Sandalwood,Lavender,so round and creamy,so...beautiful and equally unisex.can't take my nose of my wrist.
AclapesAclapes 4 years ago
One of the strongest perfumes I tried in terms of performance. It's no joke!

by Umut1984
by WitDeBois
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly