Pegasus by Parfums de Marly

Pegasus is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Heliotrope, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Bitter almond, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.07.2020.

MrGoodSmell
The ride on the silver horse
Parfums de Marly has some great creations and has so far been able to inspire me more than disappoint. Pegasus is one of the PdM fragrances that I count among my personal Top 5.

But what makes him so unique and interesting?

The scent of Pegasus is quite linear and does not really offer any big surprises. But what you get offered - the omnipresent pleasant-almond & vanilla with the metallic note throughout, are absolutely unique and one of a kind. Just in this point you can feel the origin of the fragrance. Pegasus is also of the quality a genuine niche fragrance, which can leave a big impression when used correctly. There are some fragrances in my collection that I don't wear for compliments, but enjoy at home for me. Pegasus creates both for me! For me it is a fragrance that I spray on from time to time to simply relax and let go. The Sillage is really strong, the durability more than decent!

Used correctly Pegasus can also inspire others around you. In spring on cooler evenings or preferably throughout the autumn - especially on rainy days - it is a faithful companion. Because of its sweetness I would not recommend it at temperatures above 15 degrees Celsius, because then it becomes to be taken. So you will be aware of your surroundings in any case!

Pegasus belongs to the fragrances that can be worn by women. One cannot deny that it has a certain feminine touch. But MFK Baccarat Rouge is also worn by some men ;)

PdM is thus a great fragrance that is coherent in itself and can be worn by both men and women.

Spicy vanilla-almond sweetness
This fragrance belongs to the higher quality and better fragrances.

To me it is initially too peppery, although pepper is not mentioned at all.
Besides the "spiciness" it also starts with a decent sweetness and remains a rather heavy fragrance for the winter days or at least for the cold days.

In drydown it becomes very pleasant and cuddly because it loses its spice. At this point I'd rate Pegasus a 9. He becomes velvety soft, but the delicate vanilla-almond sweetness remains until the end.

All in all a good fragrance, but for me personally without buying intention.

A realistic 8.5.

Winter almond
I had been eyeing the Pegasus for a while now. I always liked Herod from PDM, but recently fell in love with Layton, hence it was hard to make up the decision about Pegasus while I enjoyed sniffing the 2mL sample of this aromatic gem. What pushed me to purchase Pegasus was the fact that the perfume is so well put together that I appreciate different notes and vibe depending on the day, sometimes it is sweet almond with heavy resins that stand out, other times it has a bittersweet almond in vanilla which is alluring. And then I purchased Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous on eBay as I was running out of my 10mL atomizer. Unfortunately, or expectedly, the item was fake. Packaging looked weak, the logo looked like a stamp not placed in absolute center, and the scent was weak. Interenstingly, it did smell a little similar to Fucking Fabulous, but much waeaker and when I tested it side by side it was clear as night and day. The reason I am writing on and on about this Fabulous fake is that the weak?/fake fucking fabulous notes of amber and vanilla totally reminded me of Pegasus. As I said before I came to realize it was definitely a fake when I smell-compared it side by side, but it was this weaker or imitation Fabulous that reminded me of the association between amber and vanilla. The real Fabulous has leather and plastic-like potent smell that are addictive in its own right, but I much prefer Pegasus' well blended, cuddly and romantic scent cloud that gives a bit of playful or even arrogant vibe. I am not thinking of replacing Fabulous with Pegasus but wearing Tom Ford's Fabulous does not necessary make me feel fabulous all the time. FF makes me imagine of an overly sexualized beast wearing a bondage leather with sweat dropping down the forehead, breathing heavily to devour the prey. A beast in other words. With Pegasus I feel playful, charming and romantic, maybe a bit cocky but well mannered. No bondage or sweat association. So while I still like the raw-animalic vibe of Fabulous, I feel Pegasus is a great replacement for a more casual wear and intention.
Wodkagorba
Seductive, sophisticated duality of the world in one bottle
Pegasus. If you ask yourself the question what this fragrance smells like, you will find part of the answer already based in the phonetics (or: almost onomatopoeia) of the name: PE - ga - sus, a name like a shot, an olfactory bomb explosion, slightly aggressive, a bit arrogant, definitely unmistakable, but at the same time not chubby or cheap, but neat and stylish, even quite cuddly, even romantic.
(It occurs to me that Jeremy always celebrates and celebrates the name "Pegasus" with obvious pleasure in his latest videos - but only in passing ;-)

What makes this fragrance from the house of Marly so special, unlike other niche fragrances, is not the complexity of this scent, but simply its uniqueness, which paradoxically arises from the simplicity of a perfectly clear, almost philosophical idea. The basic idea of Pegasus is to successfully and harmoniously combine two actually completely opposite, difficult to reconcile scents in one bottle:
On the one hand, the metallic or metallic coolness so characteristic of Pegasus dominates, which is clearly perceptible and conveys a certain arrogance, distance and emotional coldness; on the other hand, Pegasus gives rise to the equally characteristic bitter almond note, refined in a creamy and seductive way by the vanilla in the base. This bitter-sweet bitter almond with the vanilla represents, in diametric difference to the metallic coolness mentioned, human closeness, cuddly warmth, almost an idea of romance. And this is exactly where the ingenuity, that certain something of Pegasus lies: the existential duality of this world of closeness and distance, of warmth and cold, of sensual understatement and chivalrous arrogance olfactorically combined and brought together in a single noble fragrance, a single bottle.

These two elements form the basic structure of Pegasus. Add to that a bit of pleasant freshness through the bergamot and some cumin spice, which gives the whole fragrance a certain masculinity, and I would personally classify the fragrance as a men's fragrance, maybe because of the metallic nature of the scent, for which you should definitely have a certain self-confidence when wearing it. Nevertheless, the fragrance is of course not unwearable for women (if you want to as a woman). Amber and sandalwood place the entire fragrance composition on a soft, stable foundation and refine the individual scents.

You can wear this wonderful fragrance from Marly all the time, but it plays its strengths best in cool temperatures and especially in winter. Nevertheless, it is also wearable in spring or on slightly cooler (not subtropical!) summer nights. Only at high temperatures I would consider fresher and not so heavy scent alternatives.

Let's get to the sociological-psychological component of this fragrance (or as Jeremy likes to say: the "Ladies-Reactions" ;)
Although this scent is clearly a niche scent for me because of its scent character, it is really well received by the "broad masses" (and yes, I formulate this here so platitudinously), especially by the girls. Sometimes - especially in winter - I had the feeling that one or the other representative of the female sex is physically attracted to the wearer of this fragrance (I was told this literally at the Christmas market). In general, there are some compliments for the fragrance and in my experience it leaves a good impression.

With performance and flacon design I keep it short:
The performance is really good, both in terms of durability (actually always a solid 7-8 hours, sometimes even more, depending on the environment and temperature) and projection (clearly noticeable in the first few hours). The glossy, silver, heavy bottle fits perfectly to this fragrance - very nice, a bit chunky maybe, but also massive and noble.

All in all, I can only recommend this scent and despite the typical high Marly price, I also recommend to buy it. But I would try the scent before, as the tastes are different and one should find out beforehand if one personally likes this metallic bitter almond creation so much that one is willing to pay the price (~200 Euro for 125 ml).

Cool perfume - But only for men
I like Pegasus - it's fresh, sweet, creamy & yes i say aquatic.
Performance are monster. Huge Sillage and enormous Longevity.

Pegasus reminds me of my the summer in my childhood 90s.. spending entire days in the nordic Archipelago of Sweden (worlds most beautiful Archipelago) It resambles all Archipelago scents.. the 90s suncreams the 90s -perfumes - the entire Archipelago vacation of the 90s
For me it's a summer scent
For me its a scent you can wear: Day/Night Spring,Summer,Fall,Winter
Danielphil
Pegasus: A horny stallion who can fly!
After some time I have overcome myself to write a comment to this unique, great fragrance. First: I have already tested some/all PdM. Besides Layton/Layton Exklusif the good Pegasus was the only one that really stayed in my nose & that I had to remember from & on. Tested over and over again, sprayed at Oberpollinger, & I really fell in love with the fragrance over time. The opening is really very special and "metallic" with a slight sweetness. The metallic spice gets lost more and more in the first half hour and a pleasant slightly soapy sweetness appears. After about 2 hours there is only a vanilla-like sweetness left which lasts for about 4 hours & starts to fade away slowly. The silage that the perfume has is, as with just about every PdM, very good & is strongly perceived by others. I like to wear Pegasus most when I am doing something with my girlfriend/friends or when I go to a family party. Although he is very loud he has no place for me in the club or at a party. At home, I often spray it on just like that, without having any plans - simply because I enjoy it so much. With the fragrance I feel clean, confident & simply comfortable. He is really like a Pegasus among normal horses & that's why I love him so.
Pegasus: A horny stallion who can fly - that describes the scent pretty well!
Scent Madness - Performance unfortunately the opposite
I am rather the silent reader when it comes to ratings, but now I would like to give my opinion on this.
I've had the scent for almost a week now. PDM Pegasus is my first niche perfume. The smell is exactly what I'm looking for. This sweetness, combined with a metal-coated almond is simply delicious. In my eyes this perfume is suitable for every occasion, and especially for every age group. But now to the negative point on my part.
Unfortunately I am not as lucky as some of you here, where the scent lasts 10h+ and is above all "present". After a good 1 hour the smell is unfortunately already again to pursue with me, and not to be noticed at all. I have now applied the scent to my hand more often, and after the above-mentioned hour I could only perceive it when I really almost pressed my hand to my nose. Does anyone else have the same problem? I ordered the 125ml bottle from Flaconi and got the 2019 batch.
Not my thing
Oh, I was really looking forward to Pegasus, because it is totally hyped and I was really looking forward to get an original PDM sample last year. Well, full of anticipation I sprayed Pegasus on my hand and was quite shocked! I thought "what is that?" because Pegasus just smelled of flowers (jasmine) from start to finish and then put Pegasus in a cupboard. In the last months I took the sample out again several times to test, because I thought my nose was broken or I just had a bad day but it is the way it is, the smell was, is and will stay the same... Flowery (Jasmine) from beginning to end, all other notes I just don't smell, I can try as hard as I want!

Scent:
That's easy to tell. To me, Pegasus just smells like flowers and nothing else. Somehow the smell reminds me of a nursery and the cemetery. Why cemetery? As a child and teenager I went with my grandmother to the cemetery to my grandfather's grave almost every week and every now and then I went with my grandmother to a nursery to buy flowers for the grave and in the nursery it smelled exactly like Pegasus smells, also in the cemetery, when I walked past the graves and the smell of the flowers that were planted there got into my nose, it smelled exactly like Pegasus smells.

I just can't explain all this and I can't imagine that the sample was tipped or fake, because this was an original sample from a certified perfumery, which has a very good reputation and would never allow itself such a faux pas.

Unfortunately I can't tell you more about Pegasus, even if I would have loved to tell you more but I just don't like Pegasus at all and it doesn't develop for me either, it just stays flowery.
Felix22x
Simply different - a niche fragrance as it is in the book
Normally, I'm more of a man of long words, but with this fragrance I'd like to be brief today, which is not to say that it doesn't deserve a long text.

I have been extremely addicted to fragrances for several months now, testing new ones every day and regularly going to the perfumery to expand my collection. The first thing that came to my mind when I picked up Pegasus, which was lying under the Christmas tree for me, and sprayed it on was: It's different !
I personally have never smelled anything even close to this.
It's true, there's something metallic about it that I can't really grasp and that goes very well with the colour of the bottle. I also hear a present almond note, which is enveloped by the metallic. A lavender and heliotrope note is added to this.
An incredibly interesting combination. The base note consists mainly of vanilla and subtle woods. Good durability and Sillage ! Bottom line: Not for everyone, but definitely a niche fragrance as it is in the book. The only problem: When should you wear it? I could imagine him especially well in winter on upscale occasions.
It is definitely worth trying :)
AlanOne
16 candles in a black city under grey clouds - WTF?
I was once again very bored and it was once again bright grey above our black city.
Boredom...
So I thought about trying the Pegasus I had bought weeks ago, but didn't dare to open it.
When I sprayed it on, a picture suddenly shot into my head, an album cover, which I immediately associated with this fragrance (heavy word). Or better the music that is to be heard on the album. More on this later.
The fragrance is peculiar, unique, independent, special, idiosyncratic, a little lipstick (new word), metallic, a little habituation.
The beginning:
I do not smell cumin, bergamot very well and heliotrope, which dampens the bergamot note a little.
On my skin the scent is metallic, slightly sweet, discreet, but still with a perceptible sillage. Qualitatively, it has a very high quality effect
The middle: I can still understand the metallic that is reported about in the middle and is probably also the component that let this, again heavy word, association with the album cover arise.
The lipstick is still somewhat present. The Sillage is no longer as present as in the beginning. Woods easily come to the surface.

The End: Creamy 12+ hours the fragrance lasts on my skin and even longer on clothes, and so it is on the level of Amouage Reflexion Men, which for me has absolutely no resemblance to Pegasus or Interlude Man, my former Signature fragrance The scent is now milder, closer to the skin than before, and very pleasant
Well, I'm not bored anymore.
Good slide and healthy noses and olfactory apparatuses, or better olfactory bulbs.
Fun Fact: Yes, not only engines have pistons, we humans do too
Resolution: the album is Some Great Reward by Depeche Mode. I immediately associated the metallic sounds and atmosphere of the album with this scent.

AmberScentAmberScent 14 months ago
It's very aromatic with the heavy almond note but also sweet and resinous. It does recall other fragrances but with a heavy concentration.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 17 months ago
It opens very spicy for later revealing a bittersweet almond. The bottom retains the almond and adds vanilla, amber and cedar. Supreme!
OdysseusOdysseus 4 years ago
Very similar to Reflection Man and Le Male. Not original and inferior to Reflection Man. Very long lasting with great projection.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Wow! Superb! Almond,Vanilla,Sandalwood,Lavender,so round and creamy,so...beautiful and equally unisex.can't take my nose of my wrist.
AclapesAclapes 4 years ago
One of the strongest perfumes I tried in terms of performance. It's no joke!

by Umut1984
by WitDeBois
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly Byerley by Parfums de Marly