Percival by Parfums de Marly
Percival is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Aromatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Coriander, Violet, Cinnamon, Geranium, Pink pepper, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesSpices, Pepper, Nutmeg, Tonka bean, Balsam fir absolute, Musk

Submitted by eBOSS, last update on 13.04.2021.

The modern all-rounder!
What can he do, the Percival? Yes, EVERYTHING! :D

And I'm already done with my review. :D

Since it has snowed again in our Tyrol in the last few days, although we are heading towards spring and this fact has annoyed me a bit, I was very happy when I saw the blue sky and the sun this morning.
I opened the window and heard the birds chirping. Great, the day can begin! Just spray on Percival and out into the beautiful world!

Percival is for me a great fragrance that I liked from the first second and the fragrance that I have worn the most in the last year. A good mood scent and I always like to have a good mood. :D
Percival is not a 0-8-15 fragrance for me, as it is sometimes portrayed. It just does what it is supposed to do. It's fresh, spicy, aromatic, fruity, and has enough depth to be worn year round, although I prefer it from spring to late fall.

Percival can be worn by any age group and goes down well in the office, as well as on a date or even in all other walks of life. It is perfect for a signature scent.
It starts with a fresh and fruity mix of spices and not strongly citrusy like most fragrances of its kind. Although not listed in the fragrance pyramid, ambroxan is also a strongly perceptible component, but very pleasant and fresh and not as penetrating and annoying as in Dior Sauvage.

What I love most with Percival but is the drydown, because the lavender is just a dream. You think after some time that the fragrance is gone, but then you suddenly feel again this beautiful cloud of fragrance in the nose and you are happy again and smile. :)

You can feel the great quality with the Percival and although this fragrance is not a reinvention, I find it special because it is simply much better, longer lasting and deeper than all the fragrance twins listed. As the only competition I would see here the Foconero of Tiziana Terenzi, however, Foconero is more aquatic and goes in a slightly different direction.

The H&S of Percival is outstanding and one smells him from the morning to the evening. If you spray the clothes, you can be sure that the laundry basket smells like it even three days later. Here I must note, however, that I have a batch from the release year 2018 and do not know whether PdM has meanwhile also taken offense at this great fragrance...

What is often criticized here is the price of this fragrance and that such a "generic" fragrance shouldn't cost so much because it's not unique enough... Uniqueness is in the eye of the beholder and if a fragrance does what it's supposed to do and then has super quality and staying power, it's unique enough for me. Fresh fragrances usually have problems with the H&S and surely you should be happy that Percival doesn't have those problems. For this you can also put a little more on the table, provided of course that the financial possibilities allow it. I find 210,- Euro for 125 ml also relatively much, but not because it is Percival but because 210,- for each fragrance is a lot of money. I got a very good offer and got my 125 ml bottle for just under 127,- Euro. This is not cheap, but Percival is worth it to me and that alone counts.

Percival is simply a very beautiful fragrance! The modern all-rounder! :D

Thank you for reading and have a great weekend everyone!

LG Aleks
Cainless7
Shower gel for the fat wallet
Can not understand the price of the fragrance. Percival is my first fresh fragrance from PdM, which I was allowed to test here thanks to a nice user. I wanted to see if the experts of the Winter-Niche Compliment Getter can also make something fresh and I'm quite honest: Yep. Percival is far from a bad perfume, but if we are honest, it is not worth the price between 150-210 euros depending on the sale and shop. It smells like so many other shower gel scents and contains nothing that makes it unique to me. Buy Fierce or Montblanc Legend, apply it a little heavier if the longevity is too bad and it barely makes a difference to Percival in the first few tests I did with it. Bummer.

The Fresh Prince
Opens with citrusy mandarin orange and bergamot and moves to a floral lavender and geranium mid very refreshing, and dries down with a woody, slightly musky, and ambroxan finish. This has an aroma of a high class shower gel or expensive deodorant, obviously unlike a shower gel or deodorant this will have a much larger projection and lasting power. This to me is a high quality blue fragrance, fans of fresh fragrances will love it, being in the same style of a blue fragrance this will have mass appeal and be inoffensive to others, and have you smelling clean and fresh all day. This fragrance projects due to its ambroxan base, and will last easily 8-10 hours on clothing with (6-8 sprays). I find this fragrance to be my least favorite from PDM, and easily replaceable by other blue fragrances that will earn the same attention, provide me with the same feeling, project as loudly, and last as long, but be a lot cheaper.

High quality bleu
Very likeable, very pleasing! All season - aromatic, citrusy, fresh and very easy to wear! Compliment getter, feel clean and feel good but with a niche high-end quality!

Longevity: 4/5 (8+ hours)
Sillage: 3/5 (below average)
Compliments: 5/5 (definitely a people pleaser)
Uniqueness: 3.5/5 (generic but with great quality ingredients)
The luxury freshness
A great high-quality and fresh fragrance that I wear for every occasion and has the potential to slip into my top five. In combination with Layton of Parfüms de Marly you actually do not need much more and would be Dufttechnisch for the whole year gewappnet.

Shower gel fragrance may sound a little pejorative at first, but quite the opposite.
You can definitely smell out the high quality and who does not like to smell like freshly showered. And the whole working day over, because the durability is top.

Ultimately, the fragrance remains very constant, linear, modern and the performance is really good. It's a real freshness booster that packs you in a fruity envelope. Despite the intense freshness, I would also describe it as very masculine.

Regardless of the fragrance, love the look of de Marly's bottles. Makes itself m.E. good in any collection.

De Marly convinces here all along the line and there will be few who do not like the fragrance.
Fresh shower
My second Pdm scent. I actually wear Percival whenever I don't know what to wear. Percival always works. It smells like a fresh shower. Percival is a fragrance that I think you can buy blind. A summery fresh scent. For the winter I would not recommend Percival
The melancholy knight Percival
...was a participant in the legendary round table around King Arthur and seemed to be a rather sad fellow. Why sad? If this fragrance is an extraction of his former traits, it is because it also has a certain melancholic character. Of course it is a *Freshy*, but somehow it is not. Like his scent brother *Fierce*, his scent contains something that can weigh down the freshness. It seems as if *Percival* doesn't want to let go of the summer in order not to fall into a deep autumn-winter depression. Ergo it seems as if he cries silently after the summer...

He can do that, because what comes out is a fragrance that carries the freshness seal, but does not only need the height of summer to be performed. Consequently, you are always in good, suitable company with it in autumn/winter, although some of those present here will certainly object to the idea of concealing fragrances in seasonal garments. Doesn't matter, I still like to do this *hihi*. Yes, what is the reason for this year-round suitability? In any case, it's because of the strong base, which is spicy and slightly green. Here it smells of a proper pepper-fir primer, which is also characteristic of the *Fierce*. But the sad knight is lifted into the light, fresh air by the citric chords, which are convincing and stand out from the fragrance twin. Especially in the first hour the tangerine, which is more of a lemon, blows around my nose and I have less of a feeling that the *Fierce* was stolen. The heart notes are suffocated by the strong foundation, so that for me the impression of a spicy-green freshman in an autumn-winter dress remains.

Why did Percival make it to the round table? This may be due to the fact that he seems to have considerable stamina. Some even say that the base can still be seen after a good 12 hours. In addition, he is known in his environment as a loud scoundrel, who cannot be missed by any nose. For me he was rightly granted access to the select circle of the Knights of the Table and not his brother *Fierce*. Our *Percival* is a bit more mature, deeper and cleaner in terms of craftsmanship.

I am glad that the sad knight has found his way into my stable as well.
Good release - overpriced price
18 months ago I already wrote a statement about this fragrance. Now a comment. A hypnotic scent from the house of marly. Otherwise this brand is rather known for heavier scents a la Carlisle, Layton, Pegasus and consorts. Some fresh scents are also in the assortment. Galloway, Darley, Sedley (which is also very hyped by some) and this Percival.
Parfums de Marly, probably the newcomers of the last few years when it comes to niche fragrances. Best ad in social media. Exclusivity, especially through rather high prices and not available everywhere. Plus a very high quality. So far all the fragrances I have tested are very high quality. Good DNA's, good performance and simply elegance and style. These heavy flacons are great for the collection and the fragrances are simply good. Since the demand is so high, you will rarely find them in the offer, at least the bestsellers.

The twins indicated are Montblanc Legend and A&F Fierce. Quite right. The resemblance is already quite obvious. In the statements you also read something about Versace Dylan Blue, who also roughly goes in a similar direction. But the DNA is more similar to the Fierce. Fierce, a legend in the fragrance community, who has many fans. It's hardly surprising that this Percival has such a high ranking with 8.0. It would have been exciting if Montblanc or Valvin Klein, for example, had released exactly this fragrance under their brand. Surely you could have deducted 1.0-2.0 points. PdM is also a status symbol, similar to Creed's Aventus.
Nevertheless I have to say: A very solid release. A fresh fragrance of the day, which should also bring some compliments because of the similarity to Fierce. This DNA always works and should find few enemies. This fragrance is not a copy of Fierce, because it has its own facets. It's a rather large pyramid, which harmonizes and hardly any notes stand out. A pleasant freshness, soft woody notes and a well balanced spice with fir. Harmonized and nothing disturbing + a very nice soft base.
Performance is so sloppy and here in my eyes overrated. With expensive day scents in the price range I expect more. At the beginning he starts off well. Pleasant and well dosed. After 2-3 hours it becomes very close. For a fresh scent the shelf life for me is in the range of the normal one. But in the price range I expect a minimum of 8 hours with good projection.

No money thrown out, but he's too expensive to buy. The valuations are not exaggerated. If I was given it as a present, it wouldn't get dusty, but I wouldn't spend around 200 Euros for this fragrance.
Tayyib90
My search has come to an end:)
Hello dear ones, I have read reviews on this page several times and now I thought that I will also be part of the community.

I love fresh scents and had not yet had a single one of Parfum de Marly's perfume and thought I would start with these because of the many positive reviews. I must say that I was not disappointed. I think this fragrance is just great for everyday use. At this moment, the whole room smells like it without being noticed as disturbing.

I have never smelled Fierce from Abercrombie before, but if it smells similar, it seems to be a great scent too.

Since I like fresh scents, as I mentioned before, I have tried several. Dior Sauvage, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon and others to not list every single one. Carbon and Sauvage really do smell very similar, which many of you are certainly aware of, but despite the fact that I like both scents, there was something I didn't like about them. Something slightly aggressive, to say the least, and I can't even say what it is. Whether it is due to a certain scent or something else, I cannot explain with the best will in the world. But as far as Percival is concerned, I like the fragrance through and through. There is nothing that bothers me about this fragrance and that is what I value very much. I can't imagine that at work, at university, at school, or wherever you are, you would attract negative attention with this fragrance. It may be that some people prefer other fragrances, but Percival, in my opinion, would never be too intrusive, unpleasant or something similar
is recorded. In the end the tastes are different, but for those who are thinking about getting this scent I can only say it's worth a try:

Everybody stays healthy

Best regards from Bremen
AlexTheScent
Spicy freshness with depth - signature scent for warm days
Percival is the fragrance that made me dive into the niche world, so I would like to dedicate a comment to it. My first PdM flacon - of course, due to its weight, it almost fell right out of my hand. You notice that you're holding quality in your hand.

The fragrance - as you can read from the many comments, there is no need to expect a complex niche fragrance with depth and fascinating development. The opening starts with a lot of spice, a little lemon and lavender and a freshness that makes you feel good. I think spicy-fresh describes it best. During the drydown its true beauty then comes to light. It's not a complicated fragrance, but this accord of lavender, minimal floral and mint, and the masculine spice paired with this freshness make it a - for me - outstanding fragrance. This way the fragrance lingers through the day and leaves a slightly aquatic, yet still masculine lavender-fresh sillage. I would like to briefly mention the often drawn comparison between Percival and Fierce. I wore Fierce for years and then came to Percival as a "substitute". Percival smells fresher, richer, deeper and spicier than Fierce - simply more mature and for me perhaps the same DNA but two completely independent fragrances. Fierce as a youthful version and Percival as an adult version but not less attractive and in my opinion even more suitable for the masses than the Fierce.

The occasion - is for me clear to warm summer days. But it doesn't matter what the occasion is. It matches the white T-shirt just as well as at work or at a wedding. Because it smells more expensive than normal newborns, you are in good hands at all times and never attract negative attention.
The performance - as often written PdM is typically top. I have a bottle from 2019 and never use more than 4 to maximum 5 sprays. For some people this is already too much, you definitely carry a sillage of 1-2 meters with you, which gets a bit closer to the skin after 2-3 hours. The durability is for a newcomer in the premium segment. I get 8-10 hours with it on my skin, on clothes accordingly. For comparison, I would estimate about 1.5x - 2x as strong as my BdC Eau de Parfum.

In summary, I would like to take up the cudgels for Percival with this comment. You get quality for your money. A fragrance that is unique in its composition, yet suitable for the masses, attractive and one that lasts for a summer scent.

ToptTopt 4 months ago
a more expensive Dior Sauvage
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 7 months ago
No, it is not the Fierce of 2010 (before it was watered down), I wish it was. Percival is way too spicy, love PdM but worth the price?
GolcherGolcher 8 months ago
it's very nice but it's on the lower spectrum of the PDMs
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Percival is pleasant. It opens fresh with some citrus and flowers, then some spices and tonka to create this all-rounder. The DNA is common.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Percival is just to common to justify its price, with a nice fresh opening and lots of spices. The Fierce/Legend brigade costs a lot less...

ein Golfclub irgendwo in Florida
by WitDeBois
by Robvalvarez
by Robvalvarez

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly