Percival by Parfums de Marly
Percival is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Aromatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Coriander, Violet, Cinnamon, Geranium, Pink pepper, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesSpices, Pepper, Nutmeg, Tonka bean, Balsam fir absolute, Musk

Submitted by eBOSS, last update on 19.01.2021.

Fresh shower
My second Pdm scent. I actually wear Percival whenever I don't know what to wear. Percival always works. It smells like a fresh shower. Percival is a fragrance that I think you can buy blind. A summery fresh scent. For the winter I would not recommend Percival
The melancholy knight Percival
...was a participant in the legendary round table around King Arthur and seemed to be a rather sad fellow. Why sad? If this fragrance is an extraction of his former traits, it is because it also has a certain melancholic character. Of course it is a *Freshy*, but somehow it is not. Like his scent brother *Fierce*, his scent contains something that can weigh down the freshness. It seems as if *Percival* doesn't want to let go of the summer in order not to fall into a deep autumn-winter depression. Ergo it seems as if he cries silently after the summer...

He can do that, because what comes out is a fragrance that carries the freshness seal, but does not only need the height of summer to be performed. Consequently, you are always in good, suitable company with it in autumn/winter, although some of those present here will certainly object to the idea of concealing fragrances in seasonal garments. Doesn't matter, I still like to do this *hihi*. Yes, what is the reason for this year-round suitability? In any case, it's because of the strong base, which is spicy and slightly green. Here it smells of a proper pepper-fir primer, which is also characteristic of the *Fierce*. But the sad knight is lifted into the light, fresh air by the citric chords, which are convincing and stand out from the fragrance twin. Especially in the first hour the tangerine, which is more of a lemon, blows around my nose and I have less of a feeling that the *Fierce* was stolen. The heart notes are suffocated by the strong foundation, so that for me the impression of a spicy-green freshman in an autumn-winter dress remains.

Why did Percival make it to the round table? This may be due to the fact that he seems to have considerable stamina. Some even say that the base can still be seen after a good 12 hours. In addition, he is known in his environment as a loud scoundrel, who cannot be missed by any nose. For me he was rightly granted access to the select circle of the Knights of the Table and not his brother *Fierce*. Our *Percival* is a bit more mature, deeper and cleaner in terms of craftsmanship.

I am glad that the sad knight has found his way into my stable as well.
Good release - overpriced price
18 months ago I already wrote a statement about this fragrance. Now a comment. A hypnotic scent from the house of marly. Otherwise this brand is rather known for heavier scents a la Carlisle, Layton, Pegasus and consorts. Some fresh scents are also in the assortment. Galloway, Darley, Sedley (which is also very hyped by some) and this Percival.
Parfums de Marly, probably the newcomers of the last few years when it comes to niche fragrances. Best ad in social media. Exclusivity, especially through rather high prices and not available everywhere. Plus a very high quality. So far all the fragrances I have tested are very high quality. Good DNA's, good performance and simply elegance and style. These heavy flacons are great for the collection and the fragrances are simply good. Since the demand is so high, you will rarely find them in the offer, at least the bestsellers.

The twins indicated are Montblanc Legend and A&F Fierce. Quite right. The resemblance is already quite obvious. In the statements you also read something about Versace Dylan Blue, who also roughly goes in a similar direction. But the DNA is more similar to the Fierce. Fierce, a legend in the fragrance community, who has many fans. It's hardly surprising that this Percival has such a high ranking with 8.0. It would have been exciting if Montblanc or Valvin Klein, for example, had released exactly this fragrance under their brand. Surely you could have deducted 1.0-2.0 points. PdM is also a status symbol, similar to Creed's Aventus.
Nevertheless I have to say: A very solid release. A fresh fragrance of the day, which should also bring some compliments because of the similarity to Fierce. This DNA always works and should find few enemies. This fragrance is not a copy of Fierce, because it has its own facets. It's a rather large pyramid, which harmonizes and hardly any notes stand out. A pleasant freshness, soft woody notes and a well balanced spice with fir. Harmonized and nothing disturbing + a very nice soft base.
Performance is so sloppy and here in my eyes overrated. With expensive day scents in the price range I expect more. At the beginning he starts off well. Pleasant and well dosed. After 2-3 hours it becomes very close. For a fresh scent the shelf life for me is in the range of the normal one. But in the price range I expect a minimum of 8 hours with good projection.

No money thrown out, but he's too expensive to buy. The valuations are not exaggerated. If I was given it as a present, it wouldn't get dusty, but I wouldn't spend around 200 Euros for this fragrance.
Tayyib90
My search has come to an end:)
Hello dear ones, I have read reviews on this page several times and now I thought that I will also be part of the community.

I love fresh scents and had not yet had a single one of Parfum de Marly's perfume and thought I would start with these because of the many positive reviews. I must say that I was not disappointed. I think this fragrance is just great for everyday use. At this moment, the whole room smells like it without being noticed as disturbing.

I have never smelled Fierce from Abercrombie before, but if it smells similar, it seems to be a great scent too.

Since I like fresh scents, as I mentioned before, I have tried several. Dior Sauvage, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon and others to not list every single one. Carbon and Sauvage really do smell very similar, which many of you are certainly aware of, but despite the fact that I like both scents, there was something I didn't like about them. Something slightly aggressive, to say the least, and I can't even say what it is. Whether it is due to a certain scent or something else, I cannot explain with the best will in the world. But as far as Percival is concerned, I like the fragrance through and through. There is nothing that bothers me about this fragrance and that is what I value very much. I can't imagine that at work, at university, at school, or wherever you are, you would attract negative attention with this fragrance. It may be that some people prefer other fragrances, but Percival, in my opinion, would never be too intrusive, unpleasant or something similar
is recorded. In the end the tastes are different, but for those who are thinking about getting this scent I can only say it's worth a try:

Everybody stays healthy

Best regards from Bremen
AlexTheScent
Spicy freshness with depth - signature scent for warm days
Percival is the fragrance that made me dive into the niche world, so I would like to dedicate a comment to it. My first PdM flacon - of course, due to its weight, it almost fell right out of my hand. You notice that you're holding quality in your hand.

The fragrance - as you can read from the many comments, there is no need to expect a complex niche fragrance with depth and fascinating development. The opening starts with a lot of spice, a little lemon and lavender and a freshness that makes you feel good. I think spicy-fresh describes it best. During the drydown its true beauty then comes to light. It's not a complicated fragrance, but this accord of lavender, minimal floral and mint, and the masculine spice paired with this freshness make it a - for me - outstanding fragrance. This way the fragrance lingers through the day and leaves a slightly aquatic, yet still masculine lavender-fresh sillage. I would like to briefly mention the often drawn comparison between Percival and Fierce. I wore Fierce for years and then came to Percival as a "substitute". Percival smells fresher, richer, deeper and spicier than Fierce - simply more mature and for me perhaps the same DNA but two completely independent fragrances. Fierce as a youthful version and Percival as an adult version but not less attractive and in my opinion even more suitable for the masses than the Fierce.

The occasion - is for me clear to warm summer days. But it doesn't matter what the occasion is. It matches the white T-shirt just as well as at work or at a wedding. Because it smells more expensive than normal newborns, you are in good hands at all times and never attract negative attention.
The performance - as often written PdM is typically top. I have a bottle from 2019 and never use more than 4 to maximum 5 sprays. For some people this is already too much, you definitely carry a sillage of 1-2 meters with you, which gets a bit closer to the skin after 2-3 hours. The durability is for a newcomer in the premium segment. I get 8-10 hours with it on my skin, on clothes accordingly. For comparison, I would estimate about 1.5x - 2x as strong as my BdC Eau de Parfum.

In summary, I would like to take up the cudgels for Percival with this comment. You get quality for your money. A fragrance that is unique in its composition, yet suitable for the masses, attractive and one that lasts for a summer scent.

Ticodzilla
A delicious fragrance that makes me believe in the niche theme.
First of all I want to clarify out of respect for the panel, that English is not my mother tongue, and that I am from a tropical country, a cruel destination for fragrances due to the temperature and humidity aspect, and that finally this is my first comment and I am project engineer, so writing and fine words is not my strong suit.
I am not even close to a fragrance connoisseur, I am a fragrance lover, and I fell in love with this one, you feel the quality from the first application, it smells similar to other designer ones ,,, YES, but it is kilometers of quality.
In my humble opinion, for the perfomance of this fragrance, it is definitely worth every penny it costs.
Marly perfums is quality and distinction. There is no loss if you get the price vs. performance and compliments ratio, it's a great deal.
At the moment my signature fragrance, simply exquisite.

PS: Dear colleagues, a recommendation, I see that the price condition is a problem in general to decide the purchase, on EBAY it is available at prices from $ 115.00 to $ 135.00
Miloxys
Abercrombie, is that you?
Well, that fragrance will do pretty damn good. Reminds me too much of A&F, though. Therefore I wouldn't spend so much money for a perfume, which is also cheaper to get.

CONCLUSION: Smells great, but I would not buy it because it is too expensive. You should go with A&F.

Golcher
smells like shaving cream, very luxurious shaving cream
This was my second venture into the house of Parfums de Marly, my first one was Pegasus which is very very nice but that's mainly for evening wear so Percival was my first taste of a daytime fragrance from PDM.
Previous to Percival I just owned (besides Pegasus) 4 or 5 niche frags from smaller-lesser known houses and only 1 of those was a lighter daytime wear so my expectations were sky high. My first spray was met with a mixed reaction, a very similar smell, there's a lot from the note breakdown that I'm not getting, it smells like shaving cream, like very fancy shaving cream for that matter. Usually you (or at least I) need to wear a fragrance around 3 or 4 times to get it and understand how good it performs, to see what the fragrance is really like and even though Percival has grown on me my thoughts haven't changed, still smells like very fancy and very nice shaving cream.

I echo @IDK 's thoughts as he says: "it lacks character" and that's the issue, Percival smells nice, it's not a bad scent at all and it performs nicely but for the price you'd expect more. Many of PDM's relases have blown my head, this wasn't one of them, I put Percival just one step ahead over Galloway as my 2 least frags from the house even though I do like them, I just don't like them nearly as much as a Herod, Layton, Kalan...

There's a reason why some reviews say that they are good for heavy nighttime scents, test before you buy.
Pleasant fragrance
That's how I would describe him. Smells like a good, classic men's scent. Fresh and masculine. Unfortunately it lacks character in some places and you have the feeling to already know the DNA of the fragrance, but you can't go wrong with the fragrance if you don't have an all-rounder. For almost every situation applicable.
Guys want to be studs?
Hello you snoopers, here I am again and finally describe a men's fragrance. Today it's about the brand Parfums de Marly, a fragrance house that was founded more than 250 years ago, in the time of the French king Louis XV. It's a brand that is supposed to unite above all the things that the French kings liked so much: Horses and, of course, fragrances, which, by the way, would also explain why so many fragrance houses were supported by kings and grew to greatness.

Also with this fragrance here, the tradition with horses is continued in any case, because the name Percival (if I understood it correctly) was one of those names given to such breeding/race horses in the king's court. And yes, both passions (i.e. horses and the essences of great scents) combined make a great scent, at least for lovers of certain scents. I will describe how the scent is like here in a moment. And as for horses, well, I like all animals, even if I am not a big fan of horses. Personally I would like it more if there were huge cat animals to ride on, but well, ... you can still fantasize :D

Well, then, let's get to the scent! Br />
The smell:
The fragrance begins fresh with citric-aquatic notes and then becomes slightly spicier. I smell bergamot, general (light) spices, some cinnamon, a little more lavender and a little rose. It also has a slightly synthetic touch in the background, as well as a fragrance reminiscent of barbarshop scents, leaving the impression that you are freshly shaved and groomed, which is nice. By the way, the mentioned synthetic is quite ok and therefore doesn't belong to the category "cheap synthetic", by this I mean the kind of synthetic that in my opinion rather pulls down scents because they smell so badly and cheaply made.
Even a little later the fragrance smells as it started and still smells like a classic men's fragrance.
Later the intensity of the fragrance becomes somewhat stronger. And that's why you can smell the fir scents better, so that the scent now also becomes more woody and woody. The synthetic from before also evaporates and can hardly be smelled anymore. The tonka bean also makes it slightly sweeter. But the pepper flashes a bit more in the base and I then had the feeling that the scent reminded me a bit of Sauvage from Dior.
In the later base, however, the fragrance is not only spicy, but above all woody, with which the scent is then again reminiscent of pine and fir, together with slightly balsamic scents between the spices.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is good, so the fragrance is good to smell for a while. I also found the shelf life quite good, it lasted with me from morning to evening with, as I said, a good intensity.

The bottle! The bottle is matt blue and opaque. On the front, you can see two rearing horses flanking a shield bearing the date of the fragrance house's founding. The lid is chrome-plated and has a triangular layout, and the brand name is once again visible on the top. A nice bottle, although it seems a bit "too matt" or "monochrome" to me.

Conclusion:
Hm, not bad. I think the fragrance is quite nice, but I think it's a bit too expensive for the fact that, roughly speaking, it smells like a conventional, but well-done, classic men's fragrance with pine notes, which also reminds me of barbarshop fragrances. The scent is not necessarily as simple as it might appear when you spray it, but it is still a scent that can be smelled by many men outdoors in this form when they pass by or are nearby and where you can't really tell which scent they are wearing because these scents are very similar. And well-made scents of this kind are available for far less.

But apart from that the fragrance smells very good, masculine and above all quite universal, by that I mean that the fragrance can be used for many occasions and also in all seasons. Sure, for special evenings there are certainly better scents, but during the day, at work, meetings, business lunches etc. you can't go wrong with such scents in my opinion and should therefore always be on the safe side olfactorically. Therefore you can test it, at least if you should see it somewhere.

So the passion for scents of French kings comes across well here, but whether the scent also radiates the passion for horses, well, I'm not so sure. Sure, a scent can smell bad like hay and stable and... uh... horse dung, but wouldn't that be more authentic? Hey hey, the question is then, who would wear such a scent, on the other hand there are probably noses among you perfumos that are crazy enough to wear such scents, I'm sure of it :D
After all, a stallion symbolizes pure masculinity, and what guy would not like to have certain characteristics of a horse such as size, strength, speed, endurance, etc.? DDD hey hey, you know what I mean
Anyway, that's it again and I wish you all a good evening! See you next time! :)

ToptTopt 2 months ago
a more expensive Dior Sauvage
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 4 months ago
No, it is not the Fierce of 2010 (before it was watered down), I wish it was. Percival is way too spicy, love PdM but worth the price?
GolcherGolcher 5 months ago
it's very nice but it's on the lower spectrum of the PDMs
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Percival is pleasant. It opens fresh with some citrus and flowers, then some spices and tonka to create this all-rounder. The DNA is common.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Percival is just to common to justify its price, with a nice fresh opening and lots of spices. The Fierce/Legend brigade costs a lot less...

by Lacrimalus
by WitDeBois
by Robvalvarez
by Robvalvarez

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly