Herod by Parfums de Marly
Top 1 in Men's Perfume
Herod is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Pepperwood™
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus, Tobacco, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Cypriol, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.02.2021.

Beautiful compliment getter
After I have tested the sample extensively and this balanced spice with the sweet part and in terms of durability and sillage was really convincing, I quickly decided to call a bottle my own. I find the smells so beautiful plum and Christmas market. By the way, the fragrance has a very high compliment potential :)

Malekae
Wow I really love cool weather, but only for the fragrances.
Opens with cinnamon, tobacco and incense present in the mid, and dries down with a perfectly blended sweet/warm tobacco, vanilla, and wood finish. This fragrance may not be appealing to those who love fresh fragrances, but it definitely wouldn't be offensive. Like most PDM fragrances I tend to get solid longevity from this fragrances about 8 hours with (6-8 sprays on clothing), this fragrance doesn't project as far as some other PDM fragrances but there is definitely a solid scent bubble and leaves a decent trail surrounding the wearer. Delicious.
ChrisTian123
Masculine gourmand, is there such a thing?!!
Is the Herod sweet? Yes!
Is it vanilla-cinnamony? Without question!
Is it rather feminine? Definitely not!

Gourmandduffte to wear as a man, is often such a thing. Sure, they may smell delicious, but if the sweetness is too much in the foreground, it's a man perhaps quickly too much.

The Herod manages, especially through its great tobacco note and a dash of incense, despite its sweetness enough masculinity to radiate. As it progresses, the musk and a certain woodiness still come through, which rounds off the fragrance wonderfully.

Currently my Marly No. 1 for cooler days!
Dakane
That's her now, the big number 1 !?
Needless to say, I was very excited, but approached it with an open mind.

What can I say, PDM like a touch of fragrance. So with all due respect, but I do not know where all the excessive reviews come from?
There are really many scents in the fragrance direction now (few in perfection).
And yes, It must not be every fragrance ne bomb, a gentle aura also has its charm.
The Kompositon is really very round and also just lovely delicious to put in, so the fragrance is already horny, but why so weak?
The durability I also find rather moderate.
In the price range I would have expected significantly more potency, is just too pale for me,
although very tasty.

Too bad ... I like you, but for the great love is not enough... Not yet...
Sergio0908
At the club, at the bar...
There you stand, ordering a drink..left a beauty, sends you no look until the scent reaches her...
Getting the drink, Slowly turning around towards the dance floor. Parallel out of the corner of my eye I see her shoulder move, she noticed him and doesn't forget him all evening. Mid-late 20s men must and will love him.
He exudes a mysterious ego, a kind of authority that also makes self-confidence shine in a new light....
I love him
No deserved place #1
... at least for me. I have since recent subscription to Yuniqu and this month came then Herod, Herod place 1 on the Parfumo best list. Of course, I spray it directly on the back of my hand and I'm disappointed. I smell almost nothing.
So two more spritzes on the same spot, the Naxos from the previous month would smell scary strong now, but Herod continues to barely smell.
Of course, you think then first that it is due to your own nose, but a good friend felt the same way. Oddly enough, the shelf life is still good, around the 8h.
After research on several sites, I then came to the conclusion that the quality differences between the batches at Herod are just incredibly strong.
However, I have a rather entrenched opinion on this: as soon as a product in an upscale price range, such strong quality differences, I can never find it "good", regardless of whether I get to smell again a reasonable variant or not.
Similarly with Aventus, if a batch is crappy, please just dump the crap and start over, thanks :)
Beautiful....
Bought blind and from the scent or opening more than surprised ... cinnamon vanilla tobacco and incense is a horny combination that comes out as I find with me the most, thereby the tobacco is slightly sweet by the incense but a harmonious together ... unfortunately not long shelf life....

SBBB
Neat perfume with a little too much hype
Herod by Parfums de Marly is a very safe perfume for dating in my view. It is sweet throughout. The wearer and also his counterpart get here a classic interplay of tobacco and vanilla. Aromatic spice enters the perfume through the cinnamon note. Rounding out Herod are little side players. If I smell it right, these are primarily pine and pepper. From the combination Herod is absolutely top from my point of view.
What bothers me, unfortunately, is that, at least that's what I think I smell, there's a lot of chemistry involved here. The components are great, but they smell from my point of view unfortunately not authentic, but to good parts rather like from the baking kitchen of Dr. Oetker (chemical). For this I find the price of about 150€ to 200€ on 125ml frankly too high.
To all beginners: If you need a perfume for the date and have no idea what to get, you are very well served with a sample of this perfume. So I did it at the beginning also.
To all lovers: get it if you love it. Tastes are different. My recommendation, just for the date, would be Myrrhe Carmin by Givenchy.

Gorgeous sweet tobacco!!!
I love the scents and it’s super unique. It’s my kind of scent. But the only thing is the performance is not as good as I expected since it’s Parfum de Marly. Only last 7-8 hours and silage is between soft to moderate. I know it’s still better than a lot the perfumes out there but still disappointed. I heard it performed better with its older batches. Reformulation problem again? I will still keep it in my collection because I just love the scent so much. I have the Initio Side Effect that has the similar profile but still so different (Side Effect has much better performance tho).
Winter dream
Parfums de Marly is a difficult subject for me. The highly praised Layton I have personally found only mediocre. Since this was also my first PdM, I needed a long time to give this brand another chance.

And fortunately I did.

Since I was looking for a tobacco fragrance anyway, it did not take long until I came across Herod.

So first I purchased a sample, and, what can I say, this fragrance deserves all the attention that is currently given to him.
In the prelude a heavenly cinnamon note, which is then defused by a mild tobacco. Finally, then joins a fabulous vanilla, which completes the fragrance.
Everything meshes, nothing scratches or stings.

The durability is first class, the sillage decreases with me after 2-3 hours and becomes more skin-tight, perceptible he is but over 10 hours.

Ultimately, I could not help but get me a bottle of Herod, and especially in the cold season I like to fall back on it.

A great throw of Parfums de Marly.

RonniweRonniwe 4 days ago
Aroma realmente buenísimo, es como oler una hoja de tabaco empapada de azúcar, para mi mucho mejor que tabaco vanille.
Shafkat82Shafkat82 6 days ago
This beautiful Juice got reformulated ... so when you take this look for older batches.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Lovely creamy tobacco. Performance not great on my skin.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Sweet, spicy, dark scent. Very well blended tobacco with the cinnamon and the dry osmanthus. In the drydown, an alluring vanilla with wood.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Another mega hyped fragrance. Sweet and floral tobacco. More vanilla and Osmanthus. It's decent but not n⁰1 Men's fragrance... 3/5
911Frags911Frags 3 months ago
a good scent but not the nr1 men scent
especially not if he is very feminine.
dumb reach for teenagers...
AithanAithan 3 months ago
I get sticky cherry honey in opening. Quite sweet.
Smooth & alluring tobacco & creamy coffee like dry-down.
2016 batch, performs very well.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
A slightly fruity, yet creamy/sweet oriental-spicy Fall fragrance, balanced by a gentle earthy-woody base. Very smooth, yet good performance
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 5 months ago
it is hard for me to talk negative about PdM, but smell it first, the cinnamon for me is too harsh in the opening...
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
Very strong sweet/gourmand fragrance, to me smells like cherry juice at some point, very well balanced anyway.

parfums de marly-herod: es hat ein weilchen gedauert bis die pure (sehn)sucht zu diesem duft entfacht wurde. ein paar anläufe bis zur alles verändernden drydownsituation warns - da wars dann aber auch explosivst um mich geschehen :) zündstoff indeed!
by Felsn
by WitDeBois
by Blackslash
by Blackslash

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly