Oajan by Parfums de Marly
Top 25 in Men's Perfume
Oajan is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Honey, Osmanthus
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin, Labdanum, Amber, Davana
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.01.2021.

Keko
Christmas market in a bottle
It's the middle of December. There is snow. You stroll with your sweetheart over the Christmas market.
The smell of mulled wine, roasted almonds and cinnamon is in the air. You take a warm sip from your mulled wine cup.

This is what Parfums de Marly - Oajan smells like.
Incredibly potent and long lasting. The sillage is 10/10. overall very spicy, warming and sweet.

The only downside will probably be that I think it can only be worn around Christmas time or in cold temperatures.

Clear buy recommendation. Oajan is one of the best perfumes from one of the best perfume houses!
Oh, yes!
Winter was just around the corner, not to say already halfway in my apartment, my stock of Kilian's "Intoxicated" was coming to an end and actually I just wanted to have another bottling of my favourite coffee-cardamom scent for the next months - but then everything turned out completely different and on Tuesday I stopped, at this point my thanks go to Kloop, a DIN C6 mailing bag with two (!) instead of one perfume sample in my hand. "Oajan, PdM, 8-19" was written in small letters on the handwritten label of the smaller of the two atomizers. Parfums de Marly, aha, so, so, then the label finds its way into my fragrance cabinet. Single-mindedly the cap is taken off and sniffed: Honey, cinnamon, ... and somehow plums? With buzz? I like. Better put the cap back on and research the pyramid of scents. At Parfumo, where else. ;)

There are no plums in here, anywhere. Was I mistaken? Anyway, I like the pyramid of scent. I'm not wearing any perfume on my skin for today, and if it is winter already, the pyramid of scents is not flowery, not fruity and on top of that contains this delicious honey-plum-cinnamon accord, we'll get to the plums later - why not? So off we go with the test.

First of all we have: honey and cinnamon, perhaps a combination of apricot and marzipan far in the background. Sweet, slightly flowery, very discreet. It is possible that this is the osmanthus. I honestly don't know, because I don't have any comparison to other Osmanthus fragrances. Anyway, it smells good. I like everything about the fragrance up to here. Rather promptly I notice the tipsy plum - aka Davana. ALZD can report that Davana oil reminds me of prunes in the fragrance, and sometimes also has alcoholic notes of whiskey, rum or cognac. There we have it. But do not stray and learn something again. From the heart note I first hear (Siamese) benzoin, then labdanum. I like the latter very much. The Benzoe-Labdanum combination worked very well for me already at MFK's Grand Soir. I perceive the benzoin note more strongly than the labdanum. I associate dry warmth (like naked skin) and a strong arm, whereby I leave it to the imagination of the smeller or reader whether this arm is attached to a male or female. For me the arm was male at first. This changed in the course of the tests on the following days, the arm can now equally belong to both - uh, pendant. In this respect I classify "Oajan" (for the time being) as a unisex fragrance. The opening of the base is clearly dominated by the tonka bean. One can like that. For me personally, this part of the fragrance development is too extreme. It gets better as soon as the tonka bean is enclosed by patchouli and then vanilla. Over time, the musk works its way out of the background, emphasizing vanilla and patchouli rather than loudly mixing in the base. The base then lasts quite long. In my impression the tonka bean fades away with time, the morning after I smell only pale impressions mainly of musk and vanilla, patchouli plays along quietly, on my wrist. Pleasant, that.

What remains to be said? The fragrance unites in its pyramid of scents everything I like. I would describe "Oajan" as intense with a tendency to heaviness, whereby turgidity can be counteracted by an economical dosage. Balsamic and sweet, resin-galore, plum, "with (occasional) shot". I wouldn't wear it outside the winter.
The 18th birthday

It is December, outside it is getting more and more uncomfortable, Christmas was only a few days ago.
I stand in the bathroom and check if the hair really fits and I give myself against a whirl that lets a strand fall into my face
In a few hours it will be time, you will finally turn 18, you will not be home from mom's until 12, no more annoying excuses to the bouncer why you forgot your ID at home.
FINALLY ! I think to myself and open the bathroom cabinet to pick out a fragrance for the party.

The bottle is pitch black and the cap is shiny yellow gold, as is the elegant lettering on the bottle, which identifies the fragrance as Oajan I hadn't really worn it before, I hadn't had a chance, after all I had only bought it a few days ago. "Well, it'll fit," I think to myself, and press the spray button a couple of times.

7 pm not much time left, I can hardly be late for my own birthday party. When I arrived about 20 minutes later in front of the nice little bar which was very much appreciated by me and my friends, my best friend was already waiting for me with icy breath in front of the door, hugged me and made me realize that the evening would end with one or two glasses too many In the next hour the rest of my little troop also trundled in, each of them hugged me and had a big grin on their face, finally they all knew that tonight is on my head ;)

The last guest who came was my best friend who normally always comes first, but then I saw the reason for her delay, she had actually baked me a cake and I knew from her earlier creations where I was usually allowed to play the guinea pig that this cake will be super delicious When she hugged me and congratulated me in advance she said "Wow, you smell like Christmas, I like it very much" she said smiling and I was happy about the nice comment even though I dismissed it as a birthday child bonus :)

The evening went great and I admit that I also had a few glasses of too much.
The next morning I woke up with one of the worst hangovers I have ever had. The one or other memory of the evening was a bit blurred, but when I pushed my much too heavy head back into my pillow I had to grin. One of my guests had accompanied me home to bed.
It was Oajan :)

Well, my dear perfumers, this is the story of my first fragrance love and the first real memory that I associate with a fragrance
I hope she entertained you :)

Smunitz
Honey is the king, tonka is the riding horse!
If honey is not your thing, stay away!!! :)
This would only be a clone of Ambre Narguile if PDM didn't further re-evaluate the compositin. You get a more linear, simplified, pungent version of the Hermes but at the same time better balanced and much more wearable! I like Oajan. Probably, prefer it in the winter where performance matters most (and, oh boy, this baby delivers on performance!!!). However, performance aside, Ambre Narguile is more complex and charismatic with florals and tobacco in the mix, it just makes a more sophisticated scent. Yet, the common notes (honey, cinnamon, benzoin, vanilla ad labdanum) are almost identical. Both have great honey note: believable but not too culinary or cloying. PDM fragrances are (like Mugler's A*man) not for everybody: test it, wear it to see if it works for you. Oajan is definitely one of the best the house has to offer!!!
Umut1984
Oajan - Arab Thoroughbred!!!

Introduction:

Parfums de Marly "Oajan" !!!
is dedicated to one of the five lineages of Arab thoroughbred. These noble horses decided whole wars in former times as war horses. Nowadays, as racehorses, they profit from their excellent qualities in sporting competitions. The Arabs, kings among horses, were honoured with "Oajan" in the language of most delicious desserts, nobly interpreted, full of love and worship.

So now we come to the fragrance :)

Kilan? Who's Kilian? ) no human being needs, too much overrated my opinion ! Oajan is better, so much better! Richer, sinier, thicker, a thousand times more delicious! Halva (Turkish treat) marzipan, honey, caramel, amaretto and plum in chocolate. More is not possible!
It is often compared with the smell of the Christmas market or fair, which I do not feel.
It's very mature and tempting.
Nobody can resist this temptation, not at all, because this delicacy is guaranteed to be sinless.:))))
The perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu conjured a plum splendour for us here! What a gourmand! You must experience him yourself and because he smells so adult he is guaranteed also something for the self-confident man or also woman ;) to which I count myself !

For me personally with Guerlain tonka imperiale, one of the best gourmand fragrances in the world!!!!

Hope you have a little sweet impression of my perception of the scent? :)

And to the Kilian fans :)
Didn't want to offend anyone or badly portray the scent.
I beg your pardon :)
DaveKunstein
Oajan, a Christmas dream!
A Christmas dream!

Oajan, so typical Marly,
bangs of second one, fully in.
Cinnamon, dark, heavy and sweet, how could it be otherwise?
It's nothing new for Marlys now, is he worth a test?
Strong, stormy, typical horse!
Starts with dark wood and cinnamon,
A prelude where everything is right.
Dark, weighed down it seems,
Let's see what else he can do.
In the heart now, it will be sweet and heavy,
I can tell you it's very Christmassy!
Cinnamon and spices of all kinds,
The Christmas market immediately recognized!
The Christmassy sweet bustle,
If you want to assimilate.
Gourmand replaces the dark,
and keeps the wearer well on his toes.
Apple strudel is now perceived,
The transformation, now complete.
A quick-change artist to see clearly,
Sweetie comes, the woods go.
How does that proud horse sound now?
Will the feast of love still be a horror?
No need to worry, the heavenly scent,
is still hanging in the air, Christmassy and pleasant.
The sweetness remains, cinnamon, honey, vanilla,
After 10 hours, slowly emerging silence,
You've been there a long time, you've accompanied me,
tempts me to buy.
So you have to say,
The test was pretty rewarding,
even if intended, not gentle on the wallet.
In the usual black bottle, splendid robe,
you've been standing in the closet for a long time now.

And you know Oajan, with all your glory,
You got me hooked.

DarkWinterCS
Cinnamon as far as the eye can reach and some honey to go with it
Herod was my first Parfums de Marly fragrance, which I was allowed to test some time ago. Known for creating oriental and sweet fragrances, the start with Herod is the perfect introduction to the world of Marly perfumes. Often the Layton is mentioned here, which is regarded as the figurehead of the brand and is also strongly promoted and advertised by YouTuber. Unfortunately the Herod was much more pleasant for my nose than the Layton. The Layton overtaxed my nose a bit, because it was a heard all sorts of thing, which showed no clear notes. Here I tested the Layton Exclusif, which was a bit more flattering. But at that time nothing went beyond the Herod.

Now at the same time I have received the Oajan and the Habdan on which I will leave a comment later. The Oajan is celebrated by some here as well as an expensive copy of a One Million Prive. Well, I had a mixed opinion after the first spray on. Because I knew the One Million Prive and had only sorted it out a few months ago because it was too sweet and sticky for me. Simply too much honey and driving too long on the caramel rail. Oajan actually had a similar note at the beginning, but it did not continue as it did with Paco Rabanne. Because the Oajan is caramely- sweet with a violent cinnamon explosion that blows you away. So full-bodied, intense and convincing as never before heard. The nice thing is, however, that the sweetness retreats after some time and exposes a wonderful cinnamon bouquet that is soft, sensual and only tenderly sweet.

An extremely convincing fragrance that bursts all cinnamon dimensions and rocks the autumn / winter. Memories of a mixture of sweet apple strudel (even if without apple) and another pastry like croissant or ox-eye are reflected somewhere. Those who are attracted by such cinnamon fragrances will not only experience their cinnamon miracle, but also one of the most convincing fragrances of Parfums de Marly
So it's Christmas soon??
Parfums de Marly. As so often, this is another brand that doesn't (yet) tell me anything. Marly, Marly... that reminds me of the name Marley, more precisely Jacob Marley, the late business partner of Ebenezer Scrooge, who was condemned to wander the earth as a restless spirit because he was too greedy and selfish as a human being instead of being good to others.

Then of course there is Bob Marley... but seriously, I have to describe him much less, because everybody should know him too :)

Well, let's get back to the scent. As I can see many people say here that the scent is quite strong from the charisma. That's probably quite possible, since I can smell the scent pretty good already, although I just removed the lid of the mini sprayer, which contains a sample of it! On the other hand... maybe the one who filled the scent into the mini sprayer also sprayed the whole mini sprayer from the outside :D

I wonder what to expect...?

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with an intense, yet soft and powdery sweetness. I think it smells a little like dried fruit, like plums and peaches and stuff. But this can also be the Osmanthus, because I read that this plant should remind a little of peaches with its sweet scent.
Honey, on the other hand, comes later. You can smell the cinnamon well, even if it is not as spicy as you might be used to.
Only a few minutes later I also smell the vanilla, the fragrance is still slightly fruity, but mainly naturally powdery sweet. A little later the fragrance becomes more spicy and you can smell the honey, but now it is quite clear.
Also in the base, the fragrance remains quite sweet, but now clearly with a darker note, especially because of the musk. Tonka bean is also good smelling and smells very good especially with vanilla (where the musk becomes much stronger than the vanilla), the fragrance still has its powdery and soft notes. The background remains somewhat spicy and one still smells a note which reminds of (slightly alcoholic) dried fruits.

Sillage and shelf life:
Yes, the Sillage is very strong. Not necessarily extremely overwhelmingly bombastic (so if you don't exaggerate), but it will be very good to smell at one or the other and is also room-filling, which means that a strong scent cloud will also be left behind. It is good that this charisma also persists for a while before the fragrance gradually weakens.
It goes without saying that such a fragrance has a shelf life of more than ten or twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is shaped like a flask and appears to be either matt or glossy black. On the front you can see the logo of the manufacturer, there are two rearing horses between a shield-shaped coat of arms. Reminds a little of the Ferrari logo (only that the Ferrari has the horse in its coat of arms and you only see one horse). The lid is gold-plated and shield-shaped triangular, so the sides are a little bent. All in all, it's okay.

If you are looking for fruity, sweet fragrances with a gourmand touch, you have come to the right place. Maybe the fruity notes are not everyone's cup of tea, but you can still try the fragrance. In my opinion, the fragrance is a little bit like an Atelier Cologne - Gold Leather, only without the leather of course.

The strong charisma and the long shelf life make the fragrance ideal for going out, especially because it has a sweet scent, which in my opinion is well received by many. Nevertheless, you have to be careful, as you could easily overdose yourself with this fragrance, especially when it comes to spraying on the clothes.

So what about Scrooge? Well, the fragrance is not too Christmassy, although it smells slightly spicy. However, I would say here rather winterly in general. But Scrooge shouldn't be too disappointed, because a miser like him wouldn't have allowed himself such a scent anyway,... maybe but maybe after three certain ghosts visited him... you never know :D

Ah great great, Christmas won't last long. It's the end of September. So that means four more showers, and four have Christmas, mu ha ha ha ha ha (igitt!!) :DD
Great Gourmand
Comment number 2 from my Parfum De Marly test: For a week now I've been testing the PdM fragrances Oajan, Herod, Layton and Pegasus. There was a comment on Herod, now it's Oajan's turn. I have already tested the Oajan twice and can make me so a good picture.

The flacon is like all very noble. Also in this color combination great made. The flacons are already worth their money. Whether the fragrances are worth so much money, everyone should decide for themselves. Price is about 200 euros a 125ml. Or you choose the 75ml, which you get for about 100-130. Not cheap.
Oajan I ordered as a sample, because I like the fragrance twins 1 Million Prive and Dolcelisir very well. One thing in advance: these two really come very close to this Oajan. Oajan starts off very cinnamon heavy. Lots and lots of cinnamon with honey. Very sweet and just great for gourmand lovers. The opening is very well done and totally reminds me of Dolcelisir. 1 Million Prive is also very close to this fragrance. It is followed by more sweet notes with vanilla and tonka, which are actually present almost throughout the course. Add to that a pleasant spice and sensual warm notes and the delicious dessert is ready. Too much it does not change over the course, towards the end it becomes only significantly softer.
Overall, a great gourmand for the cold season. Since I have two similar fragrances with Dolcelisir & 1 Million Prive, this one does not impress me though. Especially since the two mentioned are much cheaper and are a bit better in performance. Dolcelisir in particular is the first of the three I can recommend. With ca.35Euro/50ml very much more price performance than this Oajan.
Oajan you have to let: It is also a high-quality fragrance with decent performance. My buy recommendation I would also pronounce, despite the high price. If it is umbedingt expensive niche should be: The will certainly impress many people and make gourmand lovers happy. Funny I find the rating, just what the performance is concerned. I don't think it's as good as the score here. Dolcelisir, on the other hand, is much weaker, but is in my opinion better than this.

If I evaluate only the fragrance, it has earned a high rating. On P-/L related there would be deductions, because the Gourmand competition is great. Who does not want to spend quite so much money, finds good alternatives in the Gourmand section.

Honey Cake
Yes, Oajan smells very much like Ambre Narguile and its counterparts Helium and Or du Serail (and Haram, though I don't remember it well.) What is different? For one, Oajan has the strongest sillage and longevity of all those mentioned above. It is also quite expensive but you get more for your money than with Ambre Narguile. However, AN has a smoother character and is overall just a little bit better done than Oajan. Oajan is sour and honeyed with some cinnamon (wish it had more cinnamon) and benzoin. There is a strange liqueur-like character to it.

I would recommend Oajan for sweet-lovers and lovers of Ambre Narguile-type scents but don't find that AN lasts or projects enough. Do you need both? I do, but I don't think the average person does. If you want an "expensive" smelling prestige creation, go for AN. If you want a sillage monster that lasts all day, do the Oajan.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 26 days ago
Oajan opens with a lot of cinnamon and honey. Then I get amber, benzoin and tonka bean. Also a bit of vanilla in the base. Good performance.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Medicinal apple pie. Long lasting, linear, not very versatile.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 months ago
Cinnamon cinnamon and more cinnamon.i dont want to smell like cinnamon cake all day.Sure it is quality parfum but Herod stay top of my list
PedroDarkPedroDark 3 months ago
Gorgeous fragrance that happens to be my most complimented one! It envelop you with an affordable cloud that suits me perfectly in winter!
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
Main notes of Cinnamon, Honey, Benzoin and Vanilla meaning sweet, sweet sweet and sweet!
Want a long lasting gourmant? That's PdM Oajan!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Cinnamon and honey sweetness, and then a magnificent amber with benzoin and vanilla. One of the best sweet ambers I have put my nose on.
LexaLexa 3 years ago
I would surely call Oajan one of the best honey/cinnamon scents,with surprisingly quality ingredients,EXTREMELY great longevity and sillage.

by Umut1984
by eBOSS
by ScentedSalon
by ScentedSalon

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly