Oajan by Parfums de Marly
Top 28 in Men's Perfume
Oajan is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
DavanaDavana
VanillaVanilla
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 16.09.2021.

It's "Christmas" time..
This fragrance is only for lovers of the gourmand theme.
Very sweet, cinnamony, spicy with a large portion of honey.
Oajan is in my opinion absolutely underrated and is in no way inferior to other Gourmand fragrances, such as the usual suspects from Kilian.
I also associate the fragrance with the Christmas season. Probably because of the mixture of sweetness and spices.
I would wear the fragrance only in temperatures < 5degrees.
Parfums de Marly has, in my opinion, managed to cover the spectrum of gourmands with only one fragrance and I find that quite remarkable.
Only coffee is still missing me in some way in this fragrance, but as soon as I smell it I always forget this desire quite quickly.
All in all, a super gourmand for the cold days.
Holla die Waldfee - Make way for King Oajan. Ruler over Gourmandistan
Moin you fragrance crazy perfumos and perfumas out there.

I hope you are all well? :-) But what am I actually asking. You guys are reading this review right now. There seems to be time for that. So it'll be fine. :-P

(Quick to the review? Well then briefly scroll down - it starts there for everyone visible :-D)

Prologue:

Before we come to one of my very favorite Gourmands in this seemingly endless fragrance cosmos and thus at the same time to my absolute favorite from the house of Parfums de Marly, I have in advance as so often a little bullshit to pass on for you.

A few days ago I have chattered at work with a colleague. This one claimed to be a walking Duden and never make a spelling mistake. "Challenge accepted" I thought to myself and promptly asked her to spell the word license for me.

And what can I say? She quite surprisingly spelled it wrong. Incidentally, interestingly enough, she is not alone in this, as about 75% of all Germans misspell this word, making it the number one most frequently misspelled word. Even German teachers make this mistake disproportionately often.

So here's my question. How do you think she spelled the word license? Resolution there at the end of the review. :-)

So, and now for all the impatient who are already sitting at the screen begging for help and thinking "Dude, are you serious??? Now finally tell me how you find the Oajan and don't annoy me with any German courses you dozy bastard." I told you, scroll down.....blame yourself :-) But now really to the Oajan.

So, let's get started!!

The bottle: 9/10

Is there much to say about this? Beautiful, timeless design. Solid glass. Smooth black color with the wonderfully curved lettering "Oajan". Great sprayer and also here, as with all Marlys a lid, which you can also use quite wonderfully as a doorstop. Small point deduction, because the fill level is not visible. Nevertheless, like all Marlyflakons Champions League.

The fragrance: 10/10

Honestly? This thing knocks my socks off every time and I don't think I have a scent where I take the lid off more often and smell the sprayer. Dude Schwede, is the thing delicious, is the thing bulky and - please excuse my verbal excursion into the big city gutter - is the thing affengeil.

The scent starts with a perfect interplay of slightly spicy, sweet-woody cinnamon and a divine honey note that reminds me of golden liquid orange blossom honey. Hmmm�delicious! But there's no time to enjoy for long, as we head straight and inexorably towards the Christmas market. The davana oil and osmanthus take the reins of the Arabian full-blooded oajan directly times and provide this dreamlike, sometimes reminiscent of plums, sometimes of red fruits, the whole fragrance over and over again for brief moments associations with fruit punch, tea and / or mulled wine. Incidentally, it is these ever-changing associations that fascinate me so much about this fragrance. Sometimes very clearly honey, then suddenly fruit punch, again a short time later plum cake, marzipan or amaretto. Most of the time, however, I have to think of halva. A dessert that you can get at the Turkish delicatessen at the front of the counter. Delicious stuff. And somehow the oajan always reminds me of it, too. :-)

The benzoin nestles here resinous and balsamic around the overall picture of the fragrance and amber and the strong spicy labdanum give the fragrance incredible depth and warmth and ensure until the end that this fragrance may be a classic gourmand and perfect for "snuggle up on the couch in the cold", but still has enough depth to just not just smell like something edible. This scent doesn't even want to be serious. And it doesn't have to be! Every time you wear it, it just screams in your face that you have to enjoy life and let your hair down. And every time I wear it, it takes me on a journey where I discover new facets over and over again. This fragrance is incredibly complex - and although you have the feeling that it doesn't change much after a few minutes, you still constantly associate something different with the scent. One word? Wow! Thank you PdM for this plank of a gourmand.

In short: a little bit of everything, times honey, times halva, times fruit punch, times tea, times amaretto, times mulled wine , times complete Christmas market - times everything together. Unbelievably complex. More Gourmand hardly goes.

Shelf life: 9/10

The fragrance performs - quite Marly-typical - really neat and already plays far in front. No BR540 level - but 9 hours keeps the fragrance through in any case. On the clothes even the next day still a feast.

Sillage: 9/10

Also here upper level. With three sprays you full in the first 2 hours definitely rooms. After that, pleasant sillage at more than an arm's length away. The fragrance already makes music and it is very sweet, but I find him at no time "exhausting" or penetrating.

Wearability: 4/10

Short and sweet? Clear autumn / winter candidate. Or else -and here he comes with me most to use- before bedtime as a feel-good fragrance. :-)

Compliments: 9/10

This is where, as always, my workplace comes into play. And yes, I also dared the, knows anyway everyone from my Macke. ;-) and what can I say? So many people can't be wrong. The staff disproportionately often just commented with the words "Hmm, that one smells yummy." (Right they are!!) :-D

Price / performance: 7/10

Yes, admittedly, it's a bit more than a slim penny to pay here. And I'll be careful after Al Haramain's Detour Noir to say that all Marlys are just worth their money. :-P But this one just blew me away so much that I would buy this fragrance again anytime for the €180.00 called for. However, I think that PdM would do themselves a favor to offer all fragrances in smaller bottles. There are here unfortunately only in large.

Conclusion:

Well, what can I say? I admit it. PdM got me 100% with this fragrance. He is my favorite from the house. This fragrance is for micb the epitome of a gourmand and also my favorite from this category. A fragrance that always triggers feelings in me and manages to take me on a journey every time and forget everything around me.

Epilog:

So - now a quick resolution from the prologue:

So, what do you guys think? How did my colleague spell the word license? Such a simple word, what could you possibly get wrong? Well - honestly? She spelled it the way it says.... license.....

Correct is but license*z*ieren. Looks stupid? I think so too. But is correct. :-) are honest with yourself? Would you have written it that way? If so, well then you are a small part and can be proud. :-)

Last words about the Oajan? Clear buy recommendation!!! If you like sweet also like blind.

I'm going to go smell the sprayer again now. :-P

Thanks for your time. We're done here now. :-)

Until next time and as always hanseatic greetings
Now that's a gourmand!
Parfums de Marly I got to know, like probably many here about Youtube Influencer.
The house has managed the marketing stroke of genius and really invested in exactly this advertising strategy, has actively approached Youtuber to create hype with you.

Has this strategy borne fruit?
If I look at the top 100 lists on Parfumo times and the awareness of this Nichenhaus compared to all others, Creed times excluded, then that was the best idea you could ever have. The hype is real! So real that they couldn't handle it and drove the quality control to the wall. Everyone who had an old Herod sings a song about what worlds are between. Nevertheless, I've also already got me 5 Marlys in the house and am up to Layton also quite satisfied with it.

To the fragrance itself:

Oajan is probably my second favorite fragrance after Herod and exactly what I imagine under a Gourmand.

Every time I put it on my mouth waters.
This honey, cinnamon, vanilla explosion that also kind of smells like apple to me (I had that association with the 1 Million Privè too, think the food industry broke me there) is so delicious, gooey and inviting that I wouldn't turn down such a fragrant pastry even while dieting.

Unlike the often mentioned little brother the Privè, which I also own and treasure, convinces me here simply the higher quality. Whether it is the osmanthus or the Davana, I'm not so firm in individual notes, one smells a more pleasant composition, softer, warmer and higher quality, almost a little fluffy, despite the heaviness of the fragrance.

I just like everything about Oajan, the sultry top, the drier, though still very sweetly sticky drydown, and also the slightly less opulent base.

Durability / Sillage:

I dare not put Oajan on unless I'm moving outside and it's sub-zero.

Along with Carlisle one of the most powerful Marlys so far and he goes forward like nothing good. If you're unsure if you're overdosing on this one, better take 2 squirts less, you'll be smelled either way, even if you shouldn't be standing right next to you for hours. I was titled a few times as "Running Christmas Market" and that with only 3 timid sprays.

I guess now times cautiously that no one will not know within the first 4-6 hours where you have been when you wear the.
A skin scent will the also not really, sounds maybe after 8 hours softer out but I notice the on the arm even after 14 hours.

Still in addition I never become smell-blind, I can perceive Oajan actually continuously even at me.
Flacon and price / performance:

The Parfums de Marly bottles are definitely eye-catchers, especially Oajan and Carlisle with their glossy and matte black are already lined up as a bit of an eye-catcher in my collection.

The price is justified in my opinion, maybe the similarly constructed Privè's or Dolcelisir's are enough for some, I would still rank the Oajan above you. The Ambre Narguilé I could not sniff so far unfortunately, but think that I am served with a luxury article of this type.
Conclusion:

For friends gourmandiger, infinitely sweet fragrances a must-test in my eyes. Even a 10 ml sample that you can ersouken here should hold out some time.
For the really cold winter day while walking or for example on Christmas Eve a poem.

Oh and for those who are interested: I've received nothing but positive feedback for Oajan so far, more than for any other Marley
Cinnamon Death Star
And slowly, the bottle rotated around the perfect point of the target neck to position itself for the final spray.

As the giant found itself at the angle of the shot, it focused the cinnamony death ray and blotted out the emptiness of the room.

It was done.

The surrounding rebellion was without a chance and could only watch, frozen, the destruction of the Scent Neutral Zone.

Really overwhelming Christmas scent, which rolls over very blatantly with cinnamon at the beginning.

In the drydown then come the smoothness and it becomes really good, cozy and warm.

I had him not at all on the radar until I read here in the comments often positive about it.

Shoot, maybe it will have to share the podium with Layton and Herod on the shelf.

For me, a clear winner in the upper middle segment.

Good enough to eat
Cinnamon and honey present from open to dry down, Tonka bean, patchouli, and vanilla in the finish. The fragrance smells delicious, much like a cinnamon apple tart. I get solid projection from this fragrance and it seems to last 10 hours with 6-8 sprays on clothing. Beautiful winter fragrance.
Keko
Christmas market in a bottle
It's the middle of December. There is snow. You stroll with your sweetheart over the Christmas market.
The smell of mulled wine, roasted almonds and cinnamon is in the air. You take a warm sip from your mulled wine cup.

This is what Parfums de Marly - Oajan smells like.
Incredibly potent and long lasting. The sillage is 10/10. overall very spicy, warming and sweet.

The only downside will probably be that I think it can only be worn around Christmas time or in cold temperatures.

Clear buy recommendation. Oajan is one of the best perfumes from one of the best perfume houses!
Oh, yes!
Winter was just around the corner, not to say already halfway in my apartment, my stock of Kilian's "Intoxicated" was coming to an end and actually I just wanted to have another bottling of my favourite coffee-cardamom scent for the next months - but then everything turned out completely different and on Tuesday I stopped, at this point my thanks go to Kloop, a DIN C6 mailing bag with two (!) instead of one perfume sample in my hand. "Oajan, PdM, 8-19" was written in small letters on the handwritten label of the smaller of the two atomizers. Parfums de Marly, aha, so, so, then the label finds its way into my fragrance cabinet. Single-mindedly the cap is taken off and sniffed: Honey, cinnamon, ... and somehow plums? With buzz? I like. Better put the cap back on and research the pyramid of scents. At Parfumo, where else. ;)

There are no plums in here, anywhere. Was I mistaken? Anyway, I like the pyramid of scent. I'm not wearing any perfume on my skin for today, and if it is winter already, the pyramid of scents is not flowery, not fruity and on top of that contains this delicious honey-plum-cinnamon accord, we'll get to the plums later - why not? So off we go with the test.

First of all we have: honey and cinnamon, perhaps a combination of apricot and marzipan far in the background. Sweet, slightly flowery, very discreet. It is possible that this is the osmanthus. I honestly don't know, because I don't have any comparison to other Osmanthus fragrances. Anyway, it smells good. I like everything about the fragrance up to here. Rather promptly I notice the tipsy plum - aka Davana. ALZD can report that Davana oil reminds me of prunes in the fragrance, and sometimes also has alcoholic notes of whiskey, rum or cognac. There we have it. But do not stray and learn something again. From the heart note I first hear (Siamese) benzoin, then labdanum. I like the latter very much. The Benzoe-Labdanum combination worked very well for me already at MFK's Grand Soir. I perceive the benzoin note more strongly than the labdanum. I associate dry warmth (like naked skin) and a strong arm, whereby I leave it to the imagination of the smeller or reader whether this arm is attached to a male or female. For me the arm was male at first. This changed in the course of the tests on the following days, the arm can now equally belong to both - uh, pendant. In this respect I classify "Oajan" (for the time being) as a unisex fragrance. The opening of the base is clearly dominated by the tonka bean. One can like that. For me personally, this part of the fragrance development is too extreme. It gets better as soon as the tonka bean is enclosed by patchouli and then vanilla. Over time, the musk works its way out of the background, emphasizing vanilla and patchouli rather than loudly mixing in the base. The base then lasts quite long. In my impression the tonka bean fades away with time, the morning after I smell only pale impressions mainly of musk and vanilla, patchouli plays along quietly, on my wrist. Pleasant, that.

What remains to be said? The fragrance unites in its pyramid of scents everything I like. I would describe "Oajan" as intense with a tendency to heaviness, whereby turgidity can be counteracted by an economical dosage. Balsamic and sweet, resin-galore, plum, "with (occasional) shot". I wouldn't wear it outside the winter.
The 18th birthday

It is December, outside it is getting more and more uncomfortable, Christmas was only a few days ago.
I stand in the bathroom and check if the hair really fits and I give myself against a whirl that lets a strand fall into my face
In a few hours it will be time, you will finally turn 18, you will not be home from mom's until 12, no more annoying excuses to the bouncer why you forgot your ID at home.
FINALLY ! I think to myself and open the bathroom cabinet to pick out a fragrance for the party.

The bottle is pitch black and the cap is shiny yellow gold, as is the elegant lettering on the bottle, which identifies the fragrance as Oajan I hadn't really worn it before, I hadn't had a chance, after all I had only bought it a few days ago. "Well, it'll fit," I think to myself, and press the spray button a couple of times.

7 pm not much time left, I can hardly be late for my own birthday party. When I arrived about 20 minutes later in front of the nice little bar which was very much appreciated by me and my friends, my best friend was already waiting for me with icy breath in front of the door, hugged me and made me realize that the evening would end with one or two glasses too many In the next hour the rest of my little troop also trundled in, each of them hugged me and had a big grin on their face, finally they all knew that tonight is on my head ;)

The last guest who came was my best friend who normally always comes first, but then I saw the reason for her delay, she had actually baked me a cake and I knew from her earlier creations where I was usually allowed to play the guinea pig that this cake will be super delicious When she hugged me and congratulated me in advance she said "Wow, you smell like Christmas, I like it very much" she said smiling and I was happy about the nice comment even though I dismissed it as a birthday child bonus :)

The evening went great and I admit that I also had a few glasses of too much.
The next morning I woke up with one of the worst hangovers I have ever had. The one or other memory of the evening was a bit blurred, but when I pushed my much too heavy head back into my pillow I had to grin. One of my guests had accompanied me home to bed.
It was Oajan :)

Well, my dear perfumers, this is the story of my first fragrance love and the first real memory that I associate with a fragrance
I hope she entertained you :)

Smunitz
Honey is the king, tonka is the riding horse!
If honey is not your thing, stay away!!! :)
This would only be a clone of Ambre Narguile if PDM didn't further re-evaluate the compositin. You get a more linear, simplified, pungent version of the Hermes but at the same time better balanced and much more wearable! I like Oajan. Probably, prefer it in the winter where performance matters most (and, oh boy, this baby delivers on performance!!!). However, performance aside, Ambre Narguile is more complex and charismatic with florals and tobacco in the mix, it just makes a more sophisticated scent. Yet, the common notes (honey, cinnamon, benzoin, vanilla ad labdanum) are almost identical. Both have great honey note: believable but not too culinary or cloying. PDM fragrances are (like Mugler's A*man) not for everybody: test it, wear it to see if it works for you. Oajan is definitely one of the best the house has to offer!!!
Umut1984
Oajan - Arab Thoroughbred!!!

Introduction:

Parfums de Marly "Oajan" !!!
is dedicated to one of the five lineages of Arab thoroughbred. These noble horses decided whole wars in former times as war horses. Nowadays, as racehorses, they profit from their excellent qualities in sporting competitions. The Arabs, kings among horses, were honoured with "Oajan" in the language of most delicious desserts, nobly interpreted, full of love and worship.

So now we come to the fragrance :)

Kilan? Who's Kilian? ) no human being needs, too much overrated my opinion ! Oajan is better, so much better! Richer, sinier, thicker, a thousand times more delicious! Halva (Turkish treat) marzipan, honey, caramel, amaretto and plum in chocolate. More is not possible!
It is often compared with the smell of the Christmas market or fair, which I do not feel.
It's very mature and tempting.
Nobody can resist this temptation, not at all, because this delicacy is guaranteed to be sinless.:))))
The perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu conjured a plum splendour for us here! What a gourmand! You must experience him yourself and because he smells so adult he is guaranteed also something for the self-confident man or also woman ;) to which I count myself !

For me personally with Guerlain tonka imperiale, one of the best gourmand fragrances in the world!!!!

Hope you have a little sweet impression of my perception of the scent? :)

And to the Kilian fans :)
Didn't want to offend anyone or badly portray the scent.
I beg your pardon :)

RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Straight honey and cinnamon to my nose, slowly picks up tonka-vanilla as it dries down. Nuclear projection but burns out quickly.
AndreiSmd93AndreiSmd93 4 months ago
For me Oajan is the best PDM. Honey sweet cinnamon apple pie with a boozy quality to complement it. Top performance. Beautiful presentation.
MariaSMariaS 5 months ago
Love cinnamon so much so this is ideal for me!! I love it! It reminds me of 1888 but with lots of cinnamon!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 8 months ago
A gourmand in middle eastern way ...Love it
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Oajan opens with a lot of cinnamon and honey. Then I get amber, benzoin and tonka bean. Also a bit of vanilla in the base. Good performance.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 9 months ago
Medicinal apple pie. Long lasting, linear, not very versatile.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 10 months ago
Cinnamon cinnamon and more cinnamon.i dont want to smell like cinnamon cake all day.Sure it is quality parfum but Herod stay top of my list
PedroDarkPedroDark 10 months ago
Gorgeous fragrance that happens to be my most complimented one! It envelop you with an affordable cloud that suits me perfectly in winter!
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
Main notes of Cinnamon, Honey, Benzoin and Vanilla meaning sweet, sweet sweet and sweet!
Want a long lasting gourmant? That's PdM Oajan!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Cinnamon and honey sweetness, and then a magnificent amber with benzoin and vanilla. One of the best sweet ambers I have put my nose on.

by Umut1984
by ScentedSalon
by Ray89
by Ray89

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly