Oajan by Parfums de Marly

Oajan is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Honey, Osmanthus
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin, Labdanum, Ambergris, Davana
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by Joe, last update on 18.05.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Publicity
HALLO NANCY!

Hello, Mirko. Good to see you. I'm excited already, we haven't been on the air for a long time. Can you tell me what you're going to introduce us to today?

Oh NANCY NATURALLY YOU CAN Say YOU! it's a very special fragrance today! you'll have to snap me times and then say what I remember...

Oh Mirko, I must say you remind me of Christmas, you are not Santa Claus?

OH, I'M REALLY GLAD YOU NOTICED, NANCY, ISN'T THAT AWESOME? Would you say once how cinnamon I would smell

That's really very cinnamon Mirko. Dear viewers, Mirko smells like cinnamon biscuits, you just have to imagine that. But Mirko they are surely also baked with honey?

OH I'M VERY GLAD YOU MENTION THAT NANCY, BECAUSE YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I'M A LITTLE CINNAMON COOKIE. ISN'T THAT JUST INCREDIBLE? I wouldn't listen to anything like BELLS now, it's unbelievable!

Oh Mirko, we only have Jingle Sells, don't we? Dear viewers, you can already call now if you want to buy this great perfume.

OH I'D CALL RIGHT NOW NANCY! THIS SCENT IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE IT! OH GOD, THAT'S BEAUTIFUL! I want to eat myself up NANCY!

yeah, I believe you, I find you to bite into in this scent, too. Say, can't I smell vanilla and something fruity as well?

OH I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED ME THIS QUESTION NANCY, BECAUSE YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! IF YOU SMELL IT RIGHT, YOU'LL FIND SOME PRUNES! WOULD YOU HAVE THOUGHT THAT? ISN'T THAT JUST AWKWARD? VANILLA'S IN THERE TOO! You've got a good nose!

Quite amazing Mirko.dear spectator, I can only say with this fragrance you will have any time Bescherung. This can only be Santa's scent. Isn't it Mirko?

OH, I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED ME THIS QUESTION, NANCY! This fragrance GIVES IT READY WITH THE HERMES - HERMESSENCE AMBRE NARGUILÉ, BUT THE HERE IS GENOUS AND FITS ALL WONDERABLE IN THE CHRISTMAS!

That's not an adored audience. A second Santa Claus scent. Who does not strike there, Knecht Ruprecht picks up personally what Mirko?

OH I AM GLAD THAT YOU SAY THAT TO NANCY, I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I WAS VERY DEAR THIS YEAR AND THEREFORE THIS FRAGRANCE DEFINITELY DESERVES TO SUIT ME! ALL SAFE WOOU WOULD OUR SUPPLIERS ALSO LOVE AND WOULD WOULD WAKE THIS Scent!

I'm almost sure of it, Mirko. Dear viewers, you shouldn't miss this fragrance. Give us a call and order your bottle today.

OH NANCY I REMEMBERED THAT I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING TO THE BOTTLE YET! I THINK I'M A LITTLE HYPERGLYCEMIC! NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THIS HIGH-QUALITY BOTTLE! ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL? OH GOD IS THE BEAUTIFUL AND HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR SUCH A FRAGRANCE! THE BATTER IN THE BOTTLE! Isn't that unbelievable?

Well, that's really fantastic dear Mirko and so high quality and heavy. Dear viewers, here you have something in your hand, that makes an impression. Can our viewers assume that they have a long time of it?

OH NANCY, THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE WHAT YOU ASK FOR GOOD QUESTIONS! ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT YOU CAN MAKE DO WITH AN ENTIRE CHRISTMAS DAY! I WEAR IT MYSELF SINCE NIKOLAUS AND BELIEVE I WILL ALWAYS SMELL LIKE THIS FROM NOW ON! Isn't that simple, unbelievable?

This is really great Mirko, but how come it lasts so long? I think we'd all care?

OH I'M VERY GLAD YOU ASKED ME THIS QUESTION NANCY! I HAVE NO IDEA! ALL I CAN SAY IS THERE'S A LOT OF CINNAMON IN HERE AND MUSK AND PATCHOULI! THAT MUST BE IT! BENZOE,VANILLE AND TONKABNE make the whole thing VERY VANILLIG!

Dear viewers, if that doesn't convince you, then I don't know either. Mirko please take your fingers out of your mouth!

OH IF RIEFE FO LECKA! IF CAN MIF ONE FO NAPE AND FLAKE!

I can understand that, but we are still on the air Mirko.

Oh, that's right, what you're saying is NANCY but he's so beautiful!

Now my dear spectators, before Mirko finally eats himself, you should order this perfume.

Experience Christmas every day with Oajan and order your personal cinnamon biscuit today.

Your parents come to visit and you want to pretend you just baked? No problem with Oajan. Spray yourself with it once and everyone thinks they have just occupied themselves in the kitchen with the Christmas bakery.

Your kids are nagging again? No problem with Oajan.
Spray once and the Blagen think there are fresh cookies in the evening.

Your wife nagging about again, she has nothing to wear? No problem with Oajan.
Spray yourself with it once and she will nag at you that you have nibbled again without it.

Call today and order Oajan.

Only today you don't get Oajan for 50€, not for 100€, no also not for 150€, but if you call now, you get 125ml Oajan for the special price of almost 200€!!

Be fast, the first 100 callers get the bottle for free!

Mirko, you've brought us something nice. Mirko...? Mirko?

OH NANCY...BACKÜÜLPS!
6.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

So it's Christmas soon??
Parfums de Marly. As so often, this is another brand that doesn't (yet) tell me anything. Marly, Marly... that reminds me of the name Marley, more precisely Jacob Marley, the late business partner of Ebenezer Scrooge, who was condemned to wander the earth as a restless spirit because he was too greedy and selfish as a human being instead of being good to others.

Then of course there is Bob Marley... but seriously, I have to describe him much less, because everybody should know him too :)

Well, let's get back to the scent. As I can see many people say here that the scent is quite strong from the charisma. That's probably quite possible, since I can smell the scent pretty good already, although I just removed the lid of the mini sprayer, which contains a sample of it! On the other hand... maybe the one who filled the scent into the mini sprayer also sprayed the whole mini sprayer from the outside :D

I wonder what to expect...?

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with an intense, yet soft and powdery sweetness. I think it smells a little like dried fruit, like plums and peaches and stuff. But this can also be the Osmanthus, because I read that this plant should remind a little of peaches with its sweet scent.
Honey, on the other hand, comes later. You can smell the cinnamon well, even if it is not as spicy as you might be used to.
Only a few minutes later I also smell the vanilla, the fragrance is still slightly fruity, but mainly naturally powdery sweet. A little later the fragrance becomes more spicy and you can smell the honey, but now it is quite clear.
Also in the base, the fragrance remains quite sweet, but now clearly with a darker note, especially because of the musk. Tonka bean is also good smelling and smells very good especially with vanilla (where the musk becomes much stronger than the vanilla), the fragrance still has its powdery and soft notes. The background remains somewhat spicy and one still smells a note which reminds of (slightly alcoholic) dried fruits.

Sillage and shelf life:
Yes, the Sillage is very strong. Not necessarily extremely overwhelmingly bombastic (so if you don't exaggerate), but it will be very good to smell at one or the other and is also room-filling, which means that a strong scent cloud will also be left behind. It is good that this charisma also persists for a while before the fragrance gradually weakens.
It goes without saying that such a fragrance has a shelf life of more than ten or twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is shaped like a flask and appears to be either matt or glossy black. On the front you can see the logo of the manufacturer, there are two rearing horses between a shield-shaped coat of arms. Reminds a little of the Ferrari logo (only that the Ferrari has the horse in its coat of arms and you only see one horse). The lid is gold-plated and shield-shaped triangular, so the sides are a little bent. All in all, it's okay.

If you are looking for fruity, sweet fragrances with a gourmand touch, you have come to the right place. Maybe the fruity notes are not everyone's cup of tea, but you can still try the fragrance. In my opinion, the fragrance is a little bit like an Atelier Cologne - Gold Leather, only without the leather of course.

The strong charisma and the long shelf life make the fragrance ideal for going out, especially because it has a sweet scent, which in my opinion is well received by many. Nevertheless, you have to be careful, as you could easily overdose yourself with this fragrance, especially when it comes to spraying on the clothes.

So what about Scrooge? Well, the fragrance is not too Christmassy, although it smells slightly spicy. However, I would say here rather winterly in general. But Scrooge shouldn't be too disappointed, because a miser like him wouldn't have allowed himself such a scent anyway,... maybe but maybe after three certain ghosts visited him... you never know :D

Ah great great, Christmas won't last long. It's the end of September. So that means four more showers, and four have Christmas, mu ha ha ha ha ha (igitt!!) :DD
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Honey Cake
Yes, Oajan smells very much like Ambre Narguile and its counterparts Helium and Or du Serail (and Haram, though I don't remember it well.) What is different? For one, Oajan has the strongest sillage and longevity of all those mentioned above. It is also quite expensive but you get more for your money than with Ambre Narguile. However, AN has a smoother character and is overall just a little bit better done than Oajan. Oajan is sour and honeyed with some cinnamon (wish it had more cinnamon) and benzoin. There is a strange liqueur-like character to it.

I would recommend Oajan for sweet-lovers and lovers of Ambre Narguile-type scents but don't find that AN lasts or projects enough. Do you need both? I do, but I don't think the average person does. If you want an "expensive" smelling prestige creation, go for AN. If you want a sillage monster that lasts all day, do the Oajan.
10.0 10.0 7.5 8.0/10

Gift under the Coating
Christmas is slowly coming, and I am longing for fragrances fitting to my festal mood. This is exactly, what I get from OAJAN.

Pie, honey cake, cinnamon, sugar-coat. OAJAN presents you generously his sweetness and broad smile. Not only you, but everyone who stays in the same airspace with you. Be careful, if you have guests, they will expect cake from you :-) Top is a whirl driving you deep in acceptance of OAJAN.

Enormous richness is buried under the coating. Woods, spices, divine davana, almond, resins, a totally gourmand fragrance, which is still more complex than a normal gourmand. Heart is the real miracle here. Base is simplier and easy to understand the overflowing sweetness, vanilla kicks out others from the ropes.

I tested it before going to German lessons, and learning and concentrating was a really tough task.

Conclusions after testing (and falling in love with) OAJAN:
- strong, not feasible for daily wear, and especially not for business issues
- unisex
- winter fragrance
- comparable perfume: NOEL AU BALCON
- hopeless fact against acceptable financial status: I want a full bottle.

Lexa 17 months ago
I would surely call Oajan one of the best honey/cinnamon scents,with surprisingly quality ingredients,EXTREMELY great longevity and sillage.+2
9.0