Safanad by Parfums de Marly
Safanad is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Iris, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.05.2021.

Selissa
Very nice but not very niche
Beautiful pear at the beginning, but fades relatively quickly and becomes a nice vanilla. If only the pear would be something verweiöen.... The similarity to classique by JPG I see already also something, but only from dry down. A "Dupe" it is for me but not.
Pollita
"Come on, let's get it on"
If someone had told me that 2-3 years ago, I would have shaken my head and immediately mocked the behavior of the person. Today I would like to party again properly, but that is, as we all know, currently and for an indefinite period unfortunately not possible.

Currently, as many of you know, I am very nostalgic on the road and often dream of the past. Those who know me better also know why this is so. I had focused too much on competitive sports for a long time. Had forgotten that this and the profession just are not everything and forgot to let out just sometimes the sow.

But I have not forgotten that apparently yet. The scents from my youth often help me. And just such a Safanad of Parfums de Marly, which brings me with its dreamlike orange blossom, garnished with fruits and tropical flowers and bedded on a temptingly sweet base of amber, sandalwood and vanilla, immediately in the mood for celebration.

Fabrice Pellegrin has resurrected the vintage version of JPG Classique with Safanad. The notes don't completely coincide, but this modern floral perfume is on par with Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud's 1993 composition. I mean, Safanad actually suits me a bit more, since there's no ginger disturbance factor at play here, but I'd have to sniff the Vintage-Classique again to judge that for sure. I'm just going to say that this one is even more awesome *grin*. At least for my nose.

Let's jump back in time again. It was 1996 when I received my first Classique bottle and wore the fragrance regularly. This fragrance accompanied me for a long time and I have so many wonderful experiences in my head that today I can no longer say what I liked best. One thing I immediately associate with Classique, which I now see, like Safanad, as a fragrance to party with. There's no restraint here. A fragrance like this is loud, offensive, very sensual and makes a statement. Even with appropriate, low doses, you stand out and you have to want it that way. This is the kind of scent I associate with hours of dancing the night away, wild parties, clubs, concerts and everything that goes with it. Let off steam? Sure. Right away! Only the music has to fit, otherwise I'm out. From eighties classics to new wave, gothic and metal, everything was allowed. I found myself on the dance floor, singing along as loud as I could. I think of music festivals with my favorite bands, boisterous people everywhere. That's exactly where I would love to be again now.

Evil tongues could now claim, "Polly, what do you want with such a floral wimp. He doesn't suit you." And how it does fit, I would reply. Because this side, even if it has unfortunately receded somewhat into the background with me in recent years, still exists and I would very much like to revive it. On it sh**, when I come home in the evening. Dare to be spontaneous. Now and whenever I feel like it. Today I wear this fragrance and smile silently to myself for that very reason.

You have to allow yourself something in life. I had to learn that again. And by that I don't just mean material things, like our fragrances, but joie de vivre, enjoyment, fun. Things that often fall into oblivion once everyday life has us firmly in its clutches. For some, like me, it's sports, for others it's work or family, which is why once again you don't treat yourself to anything. All the nicer that this fragrance reminded me that I, too, possess a wild side without constraints and want to celebrate it again. With Safanad.

Who loves orange blossom and is not deterred by a certain opulence, just give it a try!

Editor's note: What Ms. Pollita wrote about Classique in 2019 is so probably not quite up to date. Or as they say in good Swabian: "Was gohd mi heid me G'schwätz von geschdern a."

Of course I would like to have it absolutely.
Thank you very much, dear Gschpusi.
Our boss Mrs. Orange Blossom
Forgive me if I fall into my Bavarian slang,
when passion takes hold of me,
then just the primal instincts come through.

So....
the woman orange blossom,
does anyone know her?
I'm telling you, she might be one,
she has a Goschn....
So today she was still in a good mood...
think, the long had no more toilet cleaning day,
so she was not so strict.
But normally,
there screams the....
i can not tell you how...
Even, the otherwise so robust Mr. Safran
she has driven away,
only the company is named after him Mrs. Vanilla always hides in the farthest corner.
Our sweetheart, the Iris,
can't even open her mouth.
And Mrs. Orange
always turns orange with suppressed rage.
Mrs Pear tries now and then
with a smile from her chubby cheeks,
but, she has zero chance.
And Mr Amber,
he's been on sick leave for weeks anyway Only Mrs. Ylang tries now and then to hold against it but even she is simply flattened.
And me? Yes, the other day.. when she was in a particularly bad mood i chopped off both my hands when she was in a particularly bad mood Were sewn back on, ok,
but now I have to do some mental work,
which has never been my strong point...
ououou, that will be something again.
And then she squats there,
in front of her empty wooden board,
at da Brotzeit.
So, where did she get her voluptuous curves,
i'd like to know Probably it haut's in the evening at home loud sweet stuff hintre.
So, I tell you, this is a boss....
But I can't quit,
you won't get a job now But if she's as annoying as the other day,
i call my friend Zenzi Because when she comes,
then I think, even the woman O-blossom is stad.

But today it's going well today is not so bad,
so today we have 6.5 points
Connie
JPG Classic meets Elie Saab.
Finally I received 4 samples of Parfum de Marly. I start today with Safanad.

I expect quite a lot from a niche fragrance. Uniqueness, good durability, good sillage and a good story with a clear change between head, heart and base notes. If none of this is present, the fragrance must not " move in" with me ...

Immediately after spraying on two old acquaintances show up immediately. In front of me is Mr. Jean Paul Gaultier, dressed in the "Classic" style, with Elie Saab in tow. Absolutely nothing new. Soooo familiar and immediately recognized. I am waiting anxiously to see if any new exciting guests will appear. No. Nothing..

The fragrance is almost a JPG Classic twin, with a portion of the typical Elie Saab "chewing gum" note. No new exciting ideas. "Mainstream alarm high three... 75% JPG Classic mixed with 25% Elie Saab EdP and ready is Safanad
The notes remain on my skin, as well as on a handkerchief that I sprayed, the same all the time. What I like best is the scent on the handkerchief on my skin less...I can't see any transition between head, heart and base at all. Maybe this scent just doesn't harmonize with my skin, because Jean Paul and Elie are in a hurry. After about 2 hours they disappear quickly and without a trace..

Conclusion: A nice scent but very ordinary. On my skin the scent has a super short durability, on clothes a little longer. Sillage is only present for the first few hours, but very moderate ... I would never guess an expensive niche fragrance if I smelled it somewhere "blind"...

A nice try but far too short-lived and ordinary for me. Well, that's the way the opinions diverge.
Do not search - find
Today the good friend announced his visit in one hour - and I was thrilled and frightened at the same time, because in the house there was still " land under ".

I played Ajax Wirbelwind and practiced the "Cologne Wipe".
So a very superficial, flimsy decency cleaning, with hectic clearing work.

I fell into the hands of a fragrance that I had been looking for meticulously for days.
Safanad.

The soft spicy start dampened my actionism, and made me sink onto the sofa swooping down.
The pear orange melange did my nerves good and brought me back to my senses.
What's the wrong hurry? Ylang really lulled me in, and I put my feet up.
Sweet amber and soft vanilla spoke of dolce far niente.

Did I really want to mime the perfect housewife?
It's ridiculous, because my boyfriend's known me forever.
And he's still my boyfriend - and likes to visit.

With the scent I also found reality again.
I grab my car magazine and leaf through it with interest.
When he rings, he hugs me warmly and says: So - we have to talk about cars.
There you go.

Mysterious organic Pear....
Pear and Orange...opening notes. No mystery here...it's been done lots of times. But this fragrance has a sort to double mystery. First, let me thank my dear friend, and member Pipette for sending me a very generous decant from her precious bottle, so I could try, and understand this unusual, and lovely fragrance. This is a Perfume House I have not heard of, nor have I seen people on other forums recommending it. I went on to their very fancy website, and looked at the other fragrances they have for offer. First of all, most of the fragrances are for men, or classed as unisex. There is one other fragrance for ladies. And ,this one as well. There seems to be some sort of connection with horses, or the names of certain breeds of horses.I won't elaborate on this part of the fragrance..as that is Co. logo or intention). Now, on to the actual fragrance. First of all, the Pear....I am not a fan of fruity fruit orientated perfumes...so was really impressed with this pear note. I didn't detect orange...not at first, just the pear..and it was like a burst of real..organic fresh dewy pear...just opened whilst testing the freshness at an open air market. This was just an introduction to the perfume...It sparkled for the first five minutes with the pear, then I recognized the Orange Blossom..also completely natural..like walking in an orchard in bloom. It lists Iris as a note, but very briefly got that leather handbag note, which Pipette mentioned...we all have different perceptions of notes..which is wonderful! The dry down is soft, and lovely...I pick up the Amber the most...The sandalwood and vanilla are not prominent here...but might be to another wearer. I believe this is a quite expensive perfume. I would say the ingredients are very high quality. I applied this fragrance fully, as I would as if going out...and sat and read a book. The mystery of this fragrance came in waves..weaving in and out. I was very impressed with the the whole concept. If you ever have the chance to test this...please do...it will be a chance to experience an original organic fruit scent..without that jarring fruity vibe) blending into a wonderful soft, interesting and elegant fragrance.

Could this be leather ?
Although the notes are listed as pear and orange blossom, my untrained nose cannot really make these out ... instead I am smelling something reminiscent of a fine leather note. Such as the smell of a brand new leather bag, smooth and soft, incredible, no exaggeration.

This elegant perfume develops with powdery fullness, does not overwhelm but has a definite sillage, so much that when I re-enter a room, I can find the scent molecules present in the air. They also remain in the clothes so that it could become something like a signature.

However, this scent is demanding a formal occasion to really make its entrance, with pomp and dignity. Top quality. Top price. My tiny sample vial is now guarded like a jewel.

Safanad, die edle Stute des Königs. Eleganz, Wärme, Anmut und Schönheit im Duft.
by Zora
by Berna25
by Renatapleth
by Renatapleth

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Cassili by Parfums de Marly