Safanad by Parfums de Marly
Safanad is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Iris, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.11.2020.

Connie
JPG Classic meets Elie Saab.
Finally I received 4 samples of Parfum de Marly. I start today with Safanad.

I expect quite a lot from a niche fragrance. Uniqueness, good durability, good sillage and a good story with a clear change between head, heart and base notes. If none of this is present, the fragrance must not " move in" with me ...

Immediately after spraying on two old acquaintances show up immediately. In front of me is Mr. Jean Paul Gaultier, dressed in the "Classic" style, with Elie Saab in tow. Absolutely nothing new. Soooo familiar and immediately recognized. I am waiting anxiously to see if any new exciting guests will appear. No. Nothing..

The fragrance is almost a JPG Classic twin, with a portion of the typical Elie Saab "chewing gum" note. No new exciting ideas. "Mainstream alarm high three... 75% JPG Classic mixed with 25% Elie Saab EdP and ready is Safanad
The notes remain on my skin, as well as on a handkerchief that I sprayed, the same all the time. What I like best is the scent on the handkerchief on my skin less...I can't see any transition between head, heart and base at all. Maybe this scent just doesn't harmonize with my skin, because Jean Paul and Elie are in a hurry. After about 2 hours they disappear quickly and without a trace..

Conclusion: A nice scent but very ordinary. On my skin the scent has a super short durability, on clothes a little longer. Sillage is only present for the first few hours, but very moderate ... I would never guess an expensive niche fragrance if I smelled it somewhere "blind"...

A nice try but far too short-lived and ordinary for me. Well, that's the way the opinions diverge.
Do not search - find
Today the good friend announced his visit in one hour - and I was thrilled and frightened at the same time, because in the house there was still " land under ".

I played Ajax Wirbelwind and practiced the "Cologne Wipe".
So a very superficial, flimsy decency cleaning, with hectic clearing work.

I fell into the hands of a fragrance that I had been looking for meticulously for days.
Safanad.

The soft spicy start dampened my actionism, and made me sink onto the sofa swooping down.
The pear orange melange did my nerves good and brought me back to my senses.
What's the wrong hurry? Ylang really lulled me in, and I put my feet up.
Sweet amber and soft vanilla spoke of dolce far niente.

Did I really want to mime the perfect housewife?
It's ridiculous, because my boyfriend's known me forever.
And he's still my boyfriend - and likes to visit.

With the scent I also found reality again.
I grab my car magazine and leaf through it with interest.
When he rings, he hugs me warmly and says: So - we have to talk about cars.
There you go.

Mysterious organic Pear....
Pear and Orange...opening notes. No mystery here...it's been done lots of times. But this fragrance has a sort to double mystery. First, let me thank my dear friend, and member Pipette for sending me a very generous decant from her precious bottle, so I could try, and understand this unusual, and lovely fragrance. This is a Perfume House I have not heard of, nor have I seen people on other forums recommending it. I went on to their very fancy website, and looked at the other fragrances they have for offer. First of all, most of the fragrances are for men, or classed as unisex. There is one other fragrance for ladies. And ,this one as well. There seems to be some sort of connection with horses, or the names of certain breeds of horses.I won't elaborate on this part of the fragrance..as that is Co. logo or intention). Now, on to the actual fragrance. First of all, the Pear....I am not a fan of fruity fruit orientated perfumes...so was really impressed with this pear note. I didn't detect orange...not at first, just the pear..and it was like a burst of real..organic fresh dewy pear...just opened whilst testing the freshness at an open air market. This was just an introduction to the perfume...It sparkled for the first five minutes with the pear, then I recognized the Orange Blossom..also completely natural..like walking in an orchard in bloom. It lists Iris as a note, but very briefly got that leather handbag note, which Pipette mentioned...we all have different perceptions of notes..which is wonderful! The dry down is soft, and lovely...I pick up the Amber the most...The sandalwood and vanilla are not prominent here...but might be to another wearer. I believe this is a quite expensive perfume. I would say the ingredients are very high quality. I applied this fragrance fully, as I would as if going out...and sat and read a book. The mystery of this fragrance came in waves..weaving in and out. I was very impressed with the the whole concept. If you ever have the chance to test this...please do...it will be a chance to experience an original organic fruit scent..without that jarring fruity vibe) blending into a wonderful soft, interesting and elegant fragrance.

Could this be leather ?
Although the notes are listed as pear and orange blossom, my untrained nose cannot really make these out ... instead I am smelling something reminiscent of a fine leather note. Such as the smell of a brand new leather bag, smooth and soft, incredible, no exaggeration.

This elegant perfume develops with powdery fullness, does not overwhelm but has a definite sillage, so much that when I re-enter a room, I can find the scent molecules present in the air. They also remain in the clothes so that it could become something like a signature.

However, this scent is demanding a formal occasion to really make its entrance, with pomp and dignity. Top quality. Top price. My tiny sample vial is now guarded like a jewel.

Safanad, die edle Stute des Königs. Eleganz, Wärme, Anmut und Schönheit im Duft.
by Zora
by Berna25
by Renatapleth
by Renatapleth

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly