Sedley by Parfums de Marly
Sedley is a popular perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with № 05 - Incense Extrême

VetiverVetiver
PatchouliPatchouli
CashmeranCashmeran
AmbroxAmbrox

Submitted by Bajki, last update on 25.10.2021.

EliaGavino
Shower gel freshness? Absolutely not!
I went at the beginning of August in my favorite perfumery with the firm Abischt now finally my collection to complement Creed Viking. Arrived I read me Viking aufprühen to be completely sure of the purchase.
But somehow Viking was no longer what I had from last time in the nose. Apparently one saw me at that I was not completely content with it, and the extremely nice lady meant it had still something for me with which it thinks, that could harmonize rather than Viking and me.
She then asked me if I knew Parfums de Marly, and if she could spray me with a fresh and summery men's fragrance called Sedley.
Hopeful and euphoric, I agreed, and was not disappointed!
I have read some comments here in which a shower gel-like freshness was reported. Sedley is clearly more than that, you notice that in the house de Marly is worked with only the highest quality ingredients. The freshness is balanced and juicy at the same time, if in the later course cedar and sandalwood dazugesellen arises a masculine magnum opus A very deep summer fragrance with a good sillage and a very good durability. On a shirt I took a spray Sedley still perceived a week later.
Do not be misled it is a 0815 shower gel fragrance, he is clearly more than that. Try him and convince yourself.
Stefanoleng
Sedley had to "breathe" to convince
When I smelled Sedley for the first time, my enthusiasm was limited. The fragrance seemed pretty ordinary to me, like a modern designer fragrance. Fresh, masculine, ambrox-heavy. For the price? Three big question marks. You can get it for a lot less. Since I like to watch perfume videos on YouTube, Sedley kept running across my mind as the top recommendation. In addition, there were still discussions about the weakness of the first batches and that this weakness has since been corrected on the part of the manufacturer.
So Sedley got a second chance with me. I had let me once again properly "influencen", and since I needed anyway still a good Freshie for the summer, then wandered but a bottle in my shopping basket. The first sprays were much stronger than my previously known filling. That was good. But overall, Seley still had that "designer-like" quality to it. I sold a few bottlings so that the bottle could draw some decent oxygen. Now I find that the scent was getting better and better. No longer a comparison to a designer scent. The individual fragrance notes became much more intense and also the durability of the fragrance I would now describe as excellent for a freshie. Sedley is a composition of a beautiful citrusy opening, mint plays an essential role. The mint is so great combined that I don't find it annoying (actually I don't like mint in fragrances very much, as I quickly associate it with chewing gum or health tea). Here, however, it is beautifully combined and has a very natural, high quality. Combined with the citrusy notes and the aromatic heart notes, the scent creates a beautiful Mediterranean summer feeling for me. A dream. In the base then comes the modern woodiness, carried by a nevertheless quite clear ambrox note. But even these I find class combined and not at all as disturbing.
Overall, a very high-quality fragrance. Modern in the combination of fragrance notes. I find it amazing that the ingredients apparently had to mature and breathe a little to develop their true power. Possibly this indicates a decent amount of natural ingredients. I already have that impression with Sedley. After spraying on, I notice a strong oil film on my skin. This I know so far actually only with extracts. This can also only come from a very high proportion of fragrance oils and is for me another indication of the high quality of Sedley.
The matured Sedley has accompanied me wonderfully through the summer 21 and was very well received everywhere. The fragrance was one of the "most complimentet"
First attempts at rapprochement
Even though he has only been worn a few times, I would like to give my two cents about Sedley When I received the fragrance, I was neither positively nor negatively surprised.
First thought: "Shower gel until you can no longer. Does that have to be real? Hmm, but this natural lime-mint vibe - yes, I know there's no lime in the fragrance notes - puts me in a totally positive mood. It doesn't really last long though. Oh well, empties out over time and that's it."
Some time went by, Sedley was sprayed on the neck and under the shirt from time to time. Recently even extensively on family members :D (They liked it, by the way)
Well, what can I say: He is ideal when the shower should go into overtime. Somehow he also puts a smile on my face. I do not know why, but something magical seems to be in there probably.
Where the journey goes one must still see. Would the performance (esp. Sillage) on par with Percival it would be a direct purchase candidate. The rest of my sample I will still use and remain for now with a 7.5.
Parfumhero
High praise for the blue bottle
I remembered exactly how expectantly and casually I tested at Parfumerie Sedley back then. In keeping with the warm summer day, I very casually sprayed a small amount, just half a spray, of this EdP on my wrist in my summer squares. Once again, I experienced the power of fragrance afterwards. My pupils got a little bigger, I nodded and my olfactory bulb also feasted on this fragrance. Perplexed I stopped. Inwardly I just thought: "This one will be taken home today". No matter how good or bad the shelf life may be, you blue magic bottle, you are with me now. And so I bought immediately twice a 125ml bottle.

What can I now say about the fragrance? Well, first of all I must announce that I find him sensational. This insanely masculine smell and this enormously high-quality freshness to it, really a fragrance in biblical proportions. Immediate 10-point award, that was clear to me from the beginning. I've had to wait a long time for something like this. I don't know of any other scent that can perfectly mimic this one, or resemble it enough. No - The fragrance is, at least for me, a certain uniqueness.

The other night, when my family, a few colleagues and I dined together again, I got plenty of compliments. This pleased me even more, not only because the fragrance is magical, but also because I sprayed this at that time about six hours ago. Not only these people thus grasp the durability as long-lasting, but also I must praise Sedley again.
Thanks be to you, Sedley. You did not disappoint me. For an aquatic-citrusy and spicy fragrance you have so really a reasonable, rather already very good durability. And you know me now already, I love fragrances that last long and smell intense, yes exactly why I love you so much

Percival vs Sedley
This review will be about comparing the scents Sedley and Percival. Both are often described as fresh and somewhat generic fragrances, yet they are quite different.

Percival:
Clearly a "blue" fragrance. Quasi the niche variant of Dior Sauvage. Fits every occasion and every season, although I would no longer wear it in really high temperatures. Durability is decent and comparable to its role model of Dior.

Sedley:
I find very independent and not at all generic. Very fresh fragrance with a strong mint note. Yes, Percival is also a fresh fragrance, but this one again more. Accordingly, more suitable for the warm days and very good even at 30 ° C + wearable. Have the reformed version, which has a good shelf life, but the Percival holds a little longer.

Overall, I like the Sedley better, if only because I am more often in warmer areas. On a day like today, 16 ° C, cloudy, I reach but then to the Percival.
Roja Enigma & Elysium have a baby and release the shower gel version
Sedley reminds me of a fusion of Elysium & Enigma by Roja.
A very very interesting progression in my eyes and a beautiful men's perfume. My new favorite.

Fragrance:
Dawn. The alarm clock rings. He stays down for a bit and stretches... Like every morning, he catches another whiff of Elysium from the day before and inhales it deeply before getting up for the day. No one is awake yet. The streets are quiet. It is his favorite time of the day. Everything is peaceful and quiet. No one but himself is around right now. His thoughts belong only to himself.
In the kitchen, he puts on the water for his fresh mint tea every morning. He nurtures a plant for this ... the tea bags don't have the same aroma.

His morning shower is set to slightly warmer temperatures. He is not a quick showerer. He uses the dawn to think in the shower and prepare for the day. He gathers his strength as the warm water completely traces and embraces the contours of his back. He closes his eyes.

The booze from the fresh & citrusy shower gel with little rosemary exfoliating granules and the warmth spreading through the bathroom after the shower heats his skin. His skin steams.
He looks out the window. The purist lavender plant is there. The sun is just about to rise. He opens the window to let the almost incense-like heavy steam in the bathroom lighten. He needs the freshness in the morning. The breeze is so light, calm and pleasant. It takes away the heaviness of stuffy air in the bathroom right away. His skin stops steaming.
Something is missing ... a tiny little spray of Enigma. He hears a subtle hint of cola mixed with the fresh morning shower.
The first rays of sun rise. The day can start.
-------

A really beautiful men's perfume. :) i was thinking all the time what it reminds me of and now i know.
If Roja Enigma and Elysium had an interaction and put this out as a shower gel, I bet it would smell like this.

Must be said is that the slight cola hint comes in drydown, which took a very good hour on me.

I suspect, incidentally, that the interplay of bergamot - rose geranium - sandalwood sprays the "cola" like vibe. Exactly these three notes are in the same order also in the Enigma. :) here of course not at all as sweet as in Enigma. Thus perhaps even more beautiful ...
You can look at it as a little touch of Cola Lemon. ;) in shower gel format.

I love it. ♥️
A tribute to Sedley.
My first review. Well, here we go.

Spring 2020.

My new enthusiasm for niche fragrances is taking on more serious traits. Fascinated by this new, unknown world, I throw myself with all my interest and perceptiveness (as much as can still be teased out after hours of online lectures) into never-ending adventures consisting of Parfumo reviews, YouTube videos and dozens of forums.

Le Male, Sauvage, Hollister, cK One, Armani & co. have had their day and are put aside like an aging, somewhat musty teddy bear. A niche fragrance must come.

I would love to smell them all. From Tom Ford to Creed to Xerjoff to Parfums de Marly to Amouage. But a certain pandemic and living in a small town put a crimp in my plans; I guess it'll have to wait until I can inquisitively bust down store doors.

The alternative is quickly found: Souk. So orders are placed. Creamy gourmand fragrances, spicy-green classics, fresh summer scents, the well-known "compliment-getter": I smell myself once across the niche world. To make an important decision: "calm down", I have to tell myself, "you can't buy them all". So I focus on the upcoming summer.

The bottles with the two horses often catch my eye in my search. I don't pay much attention to them, though. "Looks like the private label of Ferrari", I think to myself and give more attention to simpler and more modern flacons (that's the way it is at the beginning, you judge -certainly hastily and too quickly- about fragrances) like those of Tom Ford.

But why the stinginess? Sedley comes along in the pool. Everywhere you read and hear about its abysmal longevity at the time. I am not deterred. I want to convince myself of that.

And it comes, as it must come: He strikes me directly positive. None of the other fragrances can keep up with this creation. I am blown away. "Please don't be Sedley. Or be it. Or...please don't be," I think to myself as I flip the test strip over and read: PDM: Sedley. Oh great. Mixed feelings come up. So the best fragrance by far is the one that is said to have the worst staying power. So? Is it that weak? Unfortunately: yes.
Two weeks later, I have Reflection by Amouage in my shopping cart. Not a true summer scent, however, I also really like this Le Male DNA with an elegant floral touch. Until today.

Spring 2021

I'm actually just counting down the days until I can finally run into the perfumery and leave with Sedley in a sleek black bag. In the spring, Bleu de Chanel served as a gap filler but every time I walked past the beautiful blue bottle in the store, he looked at me reproachfully and formally spoke to me: "Now buy me yet finally. My only shortcoming was my shelf life. I've fixed that. What are you waiting for?"

Well, that's a good question. I was originally going to get it in early July. As a self reward for then hopefully passing exams. But why actually? Summer temperatures have long been an everyday occurrence. I've waited long enough. The tester will soon be empty. The girlfriend is a big fan. And some occasion will already find to justify the 225 Euro purchase before himself.

Cut.

I sit at the computer, in the here and now. Move my left arm to my nose. And think about how, after all these paragraphs, I now best confess that I'm an absolute sucker at recognizing individual scents and, more importantly, putting them into words. I just try it anyway.

The first few minutes smell to me like someone squeezed a fruit juice of limes, grapefruit, and other similar citrus fruits onto my forearm. Fantastic, this naturalness. Add to that, sort of as a topping: a freshly picked mint leaf. I am blown away. This opening is, in my opinion, absolutely unique and until today, no fragrance manages to pull me so under its spell.

After about 30 minutes, the scent becomes, I can't say it any other way, more herbaceous. Lavender is for me the dominant note, if you can say it so. The fragrance is namely anything but intrusive. The fruit takes a bit of a back seat, the mint takes the place for the most part and explains the herbaceous, spicy for me. However, in a soft and very pleasant way.

After 1,5-2h a pleasant wood comes in. Woods, if you want to go by the official notes, but with my expertise I leave it now times with a gentle wood.

The total composition lasts on my skin about 6-8h. Considerable for a summer fragrance. The beauty of it is that one never takes the place of the other. Fresh citrus, gentle spicy lavender and delicate wood occur in its symbiosis.

To the flacon I can say no more than: perfect. The chavvy Ferrari association of yesteryear is history, I could look at this elegant blue / gray all day. The sprayer is also insane. I could press minutely like a small child on it.

Bottom line: this scent is perfection to me. So simple, so plain, yet so rich and unique. The wait is over.

To quote an esteemed scientist of mine, summer is going to be good.

Thank you.

Worth the hype?
Sedley by Parfums de Marly. An extremely hyped fragrance. Instagram, Youtube and other platforms. You can find this fragrance everywhere. Recently also promoted by Jeremy. I always get curious with hypes as you often get something special, at least until everyone knows or other brands start copying. I usually test first as I rarely just jump on a hype. A small sample I ordered and before my comment today already tested a few times.
The fresh scents have not yet convinced me of PdM at all. At least in this price range. I like them all: Percival, Galloway, Darley and also this Sedley. But: The price I find exaggerated, because you get good alternatives for much less. I find scents like Pegasus, Layton, Oajan or even Herod more interesting. All beautiful high quality fragrances with good performance. Even the fresh scents sell well though. Parfums de Marly has simply built up a good reputation which many like: high priced, heavy bottles, equisite and all mostly not too extravagant and easy to like. On top of that, they usually last quite well. A great mix of designer and niche from the fragrance type.

Now to the Sedley: a fairly new fragrance, which has already found a fan base. With the good advertising of some but no wonder. He is already quite pleasing and easy to like.
This Sedley unfortunately does not tear me at all, although I like it quite well. He is really easy to like and should find few enemies. A typical Freshie, which you can already classify in the type shower gel fragrance. It accompanies the wearer fresh and well-groomed through the day with a masculine-tart freshness. Quite pleasant and never really out of place when it comes to an everyday fragrance.
The opening, however, I find terrible. It seems extremely synthetic and seems rather at drugstore or designer quality. This settles down after about half an hour and you get a nice soft scent with fresh mint and nice tart freshness. This is followed by soft woody notes, ambroxan and a slight maritime freshness. There is also a very subtle spice that is perceptible here. On the whole, nothing that is offensive. A nice mild companion, which does not trigger the desire to buy with me at this price, however.
The performance is not bad at all for a fresh fragrance. He keeps really good, where the sillage after 2-3 hours is quite skin tight. For everyday life but not a bad choice, where you can take quiet a few more spritzes for a better perception.

Ultimately, rather nothing I would buy. Not only because of the price. With the fresh Marly fragrances I simply lack that special something. Also with this. Nevertheless, this has quite Crowdpleaser potential and could bring in some compliments, if you put value on it.
Dear Sedley
You do exactly what you came into this world to do. You smell fresh, aquatic, spicy. You don't try to reinvent or redefine this genre of aquatics, you join a multitude of alternative fragrances in this segment. A segment which seems to be overrun and these days only by animalic "Aquaten" with brute durability "justifies" a raison d'être.

In my opinion, an aquatic fragrance does not have to last 72 hours, because it is not made for that. An aquatic fragrance is made for summer, for warm days. On these days you should above all one thing: Refresh! Light and easy... And that's exactly what you do incredibly well! You start off confident, fresh and strong, exactly how I as a man want to feel after my morning shower in the summer. "Shower gel scent" some may berate you, but who doesn't want to smell like that? Who wants to shower in the summer with Layton, Carlisle or Habdan?

You let go with time, but you do not disappear completely. You accompany your carrier sovereign through the day and yes, others have what of you. Just not in an "in your face" - manner, but with a lot of understatement. Your notes result in an insanely coherent drydown for me. Something fluffy and light but consistently determining fresh and spicy.

The evening is not entirely your time, you need the sun to shine.

Your price is steep and there are many good alternatives. But your distinctive fragrance is what sets you apart - at least for me - from the competition.
The Functional Parfäng
Sedley smells like cool, summery sorbet tastes. At the same time it is very fresh at the beginning, becomes softer and softer at the back and is very friendly and pleasant. Smoothly ironed, however, you could also say. If you were to ask someone else about Sedley after wearing it the next day, they probably wouldn't be able to draw an olfactory sketch. Max Mustermann as a fragrance. BdC has more edges and corners. But it sounds worse than it is. To put the icing on the cake without annoying anyone, it's already good. Perfect to be the nice passenger. Because the sillage is also... let's say little intrusive is.

SuperfredeSuperfrede 7 days ago
A&F Fierce + Jaguar Pace = This. Very nice and pleasant scent but also fairly mediocre.
BiszumBiszum 5 months ago
Wow. just wow. elegant, fresh, long lasting. what a beautiful scent. one of the best PDM out there. highly recommended!
NicSealNicSeal 6 months ago
Bar none the most refreshing scent I've smelled. 2020 batch has good performance. Is magic in the heat & has a sexy fresh clean scent bubble
GreMuserGreMuser 9 months ago
Save your money, it smells like a very generic shower gel. There are a lot of better choices in this DNA.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
It smells nice, like a shower gel or a fresh designer perfume. However, there is nothing original to justify such a price. Poor performance.
ScentedGentScentedGent 2 years ago
Scent is average, performance is awful, bottle is amazing.

by Felsn
by TheScenter
by Ray89
by Ray89

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly