Sedley by Parfums de Marly
Sedley is a new perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still in production.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Spearmint
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosemary, Geranium, Lavender, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Cashmeran, Ambrox

Submitted by Bajki, last update on 24.10.2020.

Let's be fair: It's a delicious, long-lasting fragrance if the Batch is 2020
Thanks to the comments of fellow forum members, check the batch of this cologne before buying it on Ebay for an attractive price of $ 130.00.
Once I received it, I let it rest for 3 weeks and I used it precisely this last Saturday under harsh conditions, since the temperature here in Panama was 32 ° C and relative humidity of 90%, I was visiting projects and doing various tasks. I used 6 applications, 4 on the body and 2 on my shirt.
My conclusion was that under these conditions Sedley stood more than firm, like the brave ones for more than 10 hours, and project with notoriety for 7-8 hours. Throughout this time, do not stop receiving compliments from women and men alike, everyone said that the aroma was delicious.
I must confess that I have been more than surprised with Sedley's performance, given the bad comments that circulate.
From the aroma, Wow is delicious, fresh, beautiful, balanced, very masculine.
I strongly recommend checking this Sedley instead of a BDC
Ischgelroi
Sedley 2020 still sadly ?
Here my second comment in this forum. I have tested 2019 the first Sedley and was very disappointed the performance was really not very good an absolute disappointment, to be honest I was even really mad about Parfums de Marly. 2020 I have heard and read that the 2020 batches are much better. Of course I couldn't leave it natural and just ordered a 75 ml bottle. Immediately after opening the package I sprayed on Sedley 2020, I could immediately notice a difference the scent was stronger and better from the first minute, this positive impression continues until the end, after almost 9 hours !!!! sedley has disappeared. The performance is now really worthy of Parfums de Marly and now sadly became Sedley. I would describe the fragrance as fresh aquatic. The perfect scent to approach the aquatic scents. Sedley is much easier to wear than Creed erolfa or Orto Parisi Megamare. I recommend you test Sedley and form your own opinion, but make sure it's a 2020 batch.
A day at the sea
Sedley is the summer scent of the year for me. Now that the new batches finally offer the performance that Parfums de Marly is known for, Sedley is an absolute dream. The aquatic notes, framed by fresh mint, stay in your nose for a long time, reminding you of a sunny day by the sea

Sedley = Shower gel
This is perhaps the lowest rating I've given to a PDM but not because it's bad, it actually smells quite good however it's a very safe and designer-ish fragrance, nothing ground breaking or challenging we'd expect from PDM.

What does Sedley smell like? simple, it smells like shower gel and not an expensive one for that matter but that's not a bad thing if you're into nice and clean scents. I like it but it's just not daring at all, in fact it reminds me a lot of Tous' Man Sport which goes for $25 a 100 ml.

Sedley was launched in 2019 to a rocky start as people claimed serious performance issues which was supposedly improved in 2020 batches, mine is an April 2020 so I'll update as soon as I test it further*.

All and all Sedley is nice, it an easy grab and one you can use as often as you want because it won't matter if you run out of it (as opposed to other PDM's you want to save as much as possible) I even like it better than Galloway and perhaps even a little more than Percival but these 2 are a bit more daring, they feel more niche so you get what you pay for.

*Performance is quite good for a freshie, I get 8ish (give or take) hours with decent projection for the first 2-3 hours
Pleasant (designer) freshness
At Sedley, it would actually be appropriate to do blind tests, as these would probably confirm my assumption that most people here would probably think of a designer fragrance first. The reason for this is the high proportion of familiar synthetic fragrances, which makes it impossible to deny the often quoted 'shower gel' aroma. Nevertheless, Sedley seems to me to be much rounder than many representatives of this genre and pleasantly refreshing.

In the top note, the citrus notes are more lemonade-like and combined with a gentle mint, so that the freshness is not biting, but a little more subtle. Most people will be familiar with a similar citrus and spice combination from the Allure Homme Sport range, but Sedley's natural mint adds a distinctive green facet. At the same time, I find it lighter and more transparent than the Chanel scents, as the base is far from being as woody as the scents suggest. Instead, Sedley retains a pleasant freshness, which is probably also due to Hivernal® Neo. Firmenich describes the fragrance as "a powerful aldehydic lily-of-the-valley note with green facets. Its fresh and clean signature is reminiscent of sun-dried laundry." The name is derived from the French word 'hiver' (winter), which is reflected in a slightly cool effect. After about four hours I mainly perceive ambroxane and cashmerane - slightly dry and soft woody nuances. Since both belong to the relatively stable notes, I would classify the durability as not so bad at all. However, what is left of the fragrance is only faintly perceptible and a certain fragrance blindness is likely to occur with many. The current classification of the fragrance types surprises me quite a bit, because the green side of mint is not present in them and I associate the color blue with the fragrance as well, but I would speak more of an airy freshness and not of a really aquatic one.

I really like Sedley in terms of brand and price, but in terms of raw materials it is probably very overpriced. Big designer brands like Armani or Bvlgari could probably launch quite similar fragrances at much lower prices. So you have to be very sure before you buy that this is the one you want.
Sadley became Sedley!
What can I say, I've always liked the scent itself! At first I thought it was too similar to Percival and you would have to choose between one of the two.
He's not like that. Especially in the new formulation (Batch 005903) the shelf life similar to Percival is very good! We are talking about 8 hours + and that for a fresh fragrance? TOP!!

It starts minty mandarin, just absolutely refreshing. The whole thing is underpinned with a lavender, slightly smoky heart and finally ends in a beautiful Cashmeran Ambrox Drydown!
Those who liked the scent so far and only held back because of the durability can now use the new batches. I ordered mine at Parfumdreams, they deliver the new batches.

The price is open to dispute, of course, but to me, Sedley is worth it! I just love this direction of scent! So, try it
New Love
It's been a long time since I have tested a fragrance as intensively as "Sedley" from de Marly. Not because I wasn't convinced by him, but because I was fascinated by his very own scent. At first I didn't know whether it was fresh or powdery or green. Only the above mentioned aquatics I could directly exclude - at least for me. I was also pissed off, as I also imagined that it would not last long, which I am no longer convinced of.

When spraying the "Sedley" my first association goes in the direction of the previous speaker: shower scent! But a shower gel for the "upper class". It smells very soapy, slightly powdery and a little bit sour and pungent, which might be due to the Ambroxan. Moreover, the citric chords of the top note make sure that this impression is emphasized. The citric notes merge so much into each other that it is difficult to smell out exactly. As already written above, we have succeeded in creating a fragrance composition that, at least for me, is completely unique. In the further course of the fragrance "Sedley" becomes even more soapy (lavender) and gains freshness with a simultaneous decrease in citricity. But there is still no trace of aquatic notes! The cedar, which is added later, gives the fragrance a nice tart note, which for me cannot be missing in a masculine newcomer. This exceptional sour-fresh soap mixture remains quite linear until the end and changes its face only slightly. Sometimes I have the feeling that he might drift into the powdery, but then again the freshness gains the upper hand.

The often criticized durability of the fragrance I could sign at the first test, it lasted for 4 hours and was hardly noticeable. In all other tests, however, it was a real powerhouse for a Freshy. Yesterday - at 29 degrees - it even lasted 9 hours, although it was certainly not always smellable for my surroundings. I, however, could smell him all the time. Also, after about two hours of wearing it, I met with my best friend who told me how good I would smell. Therefore a small proof for a very nice projection after two hours. I would therefore conclude that it is very potent, especially at high temperatures, and needs the heat to radiate properly. I also have to admit that I was not sparing with 5 spray bursts, but you need them with this one, too.

Conclusion: For me my new favourite summer scent, which is very unique, has a nice soapy and sour freshness and will certainly always be well received. It is only moderately complex compared to the other de Marlys, but that's exactly why I don't always find it wearable. Here, however, an "evergreen" was created that is just right for the hot days. But if one wants to pay the still high price for it has to be weighed. For all those who appreciate DeMarly for its heavy, complex and opulent fragrances, "too little" might come across here. For all those who like it simple, fresh, uncomplex and smart, this could be a nice new addition.

Have a nice summer!
Short and sweet!
"Cut my collection into pieces, this is my mix of all. Inhaling, deep breathing don`t give a fucking fabulous if I spray my arm bleeding."

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow As a great friend of anything that smells of shower gel, I couldn't help but notice a purchase from Sedley. And I was not disappointed. Sedley incorporates many of the nuances of today's best-selling mainstream fresh-shelf successes. Bonds were definitely taken from Bleu and Sauvage and blended to create a blend of the best. The green mint and frankincense have been ingeniously blended in, giving my nose that special something. For the first time I have a clue what Caschmeran is and Ambrox is reduced to a tolerable level, so it doesn't get as repulsive as Sauvage for example
I can't really see the much-criticised problems with durability. You just have to remember that Sedley is a fresh scent. Yeah, PdM usually makes pretty long-lasting scents. The shelf life of Pegasus, for example, is the half-life of uranium. You can't measure Seldey by that. The list of the world champions of durability generally contains rather few fresh scents
In my nose a modern, pleasing, fresh and slightly masculine fragrance, which will surely be a pain in the neck for many people because of its similarity to some mainstream fragrances. It's worth a test nevertheless and if you still have some space on your shelf, you can even tolerate a fresh, dull scent. The bottle is a dream in dark blue and looks great not only as a paperweight.

So, gotta go and hear a little Papa Roach... "...cause I'm losing my money, losing my sense of smell, wish somebody could tell me I have enough fresh scent..."
Kieran
Personality disorder - How different am I?
Kieran: Welcome to Kieran at noon.

Speaker: Our guests today are Justin and Jason. The two friends are fighting over Justin's girlfriend, Sedley. Jason is of the opinion that Sedley has a personality disorder and that we should talk to her. Justin doesn't see it that way.

K: Hello, you two.

Justin: Hi. Whoa, Jason, you nerd. I swear you're just jealous I'm the Sedley's boyfriend
Jason: Whoa, Justin get over it, yo. I don't want nothing from the Sedley, but it's got a batch problem
Ju: What batch problem? I'll ask you one right away
K: Guys, take it easy. Jason, what do you mean, batch problem?

Yes: Sometimes it has a blatant Sillatsche and durability, sometimes not at all. Her resolution for 2020 was that she is only crass, but she didn't stick to it at all.

Ju: Brudi, you're right. It's really annoying that she's not always crass. But I swear I love her. She's so nice and minty - citric - fresh, when she comes into the room. Then she gets a bit flowery - showery but not normal showery like others, but special, you know, through the mint
Yes: What is wrong with your language? Are you Goethe now, or what? You only know mint from Shishabar
Ju: And when you give it 2 hours with this, it becomes woody - fresh, through this Ambroxanax, or something
Yeah. Hey, Justin, the only thing that's woody is your head. You're not fresh anymore. At the moment it's barely noticeable and after 2 to 3 hours completely disappeared, despite intent. And your ex, the Viking, is also this minty fresh, what is different about the Sedley?
Ju: Ey Jason, do you remember the angler friend things we used to throw in so our parents wouldn't smell that we stink of smoke? The ones that burned so hard that we could only hold them in our cheeks?
K: Advertising is not allowed here.

Speaker: And so it goes on right after the commercial: Will the two friends still agree? Were the things too strong or the two just too weak?
*Commercial jingles that you won't get out of your head all day long*

Yeah: Yeah, swear we were so weak then
Ju: They were like Viking. The Sedley is more so pleasantly minzich all the time.

Yes: But the durability of it could always be as long as the anglers felt it took to dissolve in their cheeks.

Ju: Hate right. But brudi, not only does the Sedley look hot in her piercing blue dress, she's more on the serious side. For her I put on a real pair of pants. So the Sillatsche doesn't have to be mega gross, but already more gross than now, which is quite common
K: Justin, if the shower gel vibe doesn't bother you and you think the influence of mint is special enough, why don't you talk to the Sedley about its sillage and durability? If the discontinuity of her personality is the only thing that bothers you about her?

Ju: Disco - what? But yes, I should talk to her about it, would be nice if she was always crass
Yeah, I'm glad you see that, diggi.

K: Justin, Jason. Thanks for coming by. See you next time at Kieran's at noon.
SADley
actually I wanted to leave the evaluation to others, but I have to say something about SADley.
The opening of the fragrance is very good. Shortly after spraying on it unfortunately goes back very strongly. After 1-2 hours it is only to be smelled very closely. Completely disappeared after 3-4 hours. A fragrance pyramid is with the best will in the world not to be guessed. Just the mint in the opening. I couldn't believe it, because every PdM actually has Beastmode performance, even the fresher ones like Percival & Galloway

BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 days ago
It smells nice, like a shower gel or a fresh designer perfume. However, there is nothing original to justify such a price. Poor performance.
ScentedGentScentedGent 16 months ago
Scent is average, performance is awful, bottle is amazing.

by Felsn
by Felsn
by Golcher
by Golcher
by TheScenter
by TheScenter

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly