Pegasus Exclusif 2020

Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly
Pegasus Exclusif is a new perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
AmberAmber
SandalwoodSandalwood
OudOud
Gaiac woodGaiac wood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.09.2021.

Good combination of Pegasus and Layton Exclusif
Love PDM especially Herod. I liked both original Pegasus and Layton Exclusif too but didn’t like them enough to pull the trigger on the full bottle. The original Pegasus was a little to punchy and sharp in the opening and that’s why I didn’t love it. I gladly was able to try the Pegasus Exclusif at Nordstrom. OMG!!! Love it so much at the first sniff and got the 125ml bottle right away. It doesn’t have the sharp aggressive opening and it’s definitely warmer, darker, smokier, smoother than the original. I love they added cardamom and Oud to it. I also love the bitter almond. It has the exclusif accord that I love. It feels like a mix of the Pegasus original and Layton Exclusif so this is a perfect combination of the 2 of my ‘likes’ (then it became LOVE). It’s a 10/10 for me.
Samy030
You could have been so beautiful...
The fragrance has disappointed me unfortunately. Am a big fan of Pegasus, the more excited I was about the sample. The fragrance pyramid appeals to me directly: Bitter almond, amber, jasmine..
Unfortunately, it is much too sweet for me and has only minimally the special of the Pegasus... the could also pass as a "normal" designer fragrance (no offense!). But if I pay over 200€ for a fragrance and this also bears "Exclusif" in the name, I expect something more exclusivity (pun ;) ).
Sure, he is not bad, but by no means better than the "normal" Pegasus for me (and for many other Parfumos here yes probably also).

One notices at the beginning immediately a certain similarity to the Pegasus. Immediately thereafter, this somewhat too intrusive sweetness (I do not know exactly what it is) drowns out the otherwise so great fragrance... too bad actually (my wallet is happy of course^^). Performance is good and better than the normal... the only plus point for me.

Too bad.

Landshark321
A welcome, well-rounded departure from the original
Parfums de Marly, Pegasus Exclusif, is a flanker to the 2011 release, Pegasus, and like the Layton Exclusif to the original Layton, Pegasus Exclusif is darker and dryer than Pegasus. The original Pegasus could be characterized as having a sharp almond sweetness to it, and that is significantly toned down in Pegasus Exclusif, which is more of a mix of the almond (still a significant feature), but also some spices (cardamom, pink pepper), lavender, woods, vanilla, amber, and more oud in the dry down. It feels a little bit like “PDM Pegasus meets Montale Arabians.”

Particularly since the original Pegasus has been cloned aplenty (i.e. Armaf Craze), I really like Pegasus Exclusif as an improvement upon the original Pegasus, which is sweet and sharp but overall not as interesting as Exclusif, that blends the sweet with the dry. Unlike Layton Exclusif, which, for me, lacked a lot of the signature freshness of the original Layton, Pegasus Exlusif brings the original Pegasus more into balance with some sturdy elements, like the staple of lavender and everyone’s favorite bold enhancer of late, oud. Overall, I quite like it and it performs pretty well.

Pegasus Exclusif retails at $375 for 125ml and $290 for 75ml and is sold at great boutiques like Krystal Fragrance, Beverly Hills Perfumery, and Luckyscent, as well as department stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s.

7 out of 10
Nico202122
After Layton Exclusif also here the better version of the original
First of all, yes, it smells like Pegasus, at least at first. So one can definitively guess which perfume will be the base. I'm glad I ordered a sample of it from the souk here.

Let's start with the scent. I think I'll compare it to Pegasus now and then, which is on my other arm right now. So here's the direct comparison:

The first time I sprayed it on, I thought I knew it. Yeah, you do Pegasus, as the name suggests. But already after a short time it was clear that this fragrance goes in a completely different direction, similar to Layton and Layton Exclusif.
Because as soon as the first fragrances have disappeared, you notice the clear difference. Where Pegasus stays more in the sweet, fresh, almost soapy note, the Exclusif immediately drifts off into a spicier, woody and vanilla note.
The vanilla is clearly to be smelled, a very pleasant note, especially in combination with the OUD, which provides here delicately in the background for a tart note and does not constitute the fragrance as with other fragrances. It supports.
I also find the bitter almond note here much better, here it's much rounder...In direct comparison I find Pegasus almost boring, so much goes on in the perfume. But actually you can't compare the two fragrances, they are too different, although I think, who likes Pegasus will love this fragrance When the top note has disappeared, the sandalwood and amber are subtly scented. Which, as in Grand Soir by Francis Kurkdjian, harmonizes perfectly with the vanilla.
Afterwards, the longer the fragrance is on the skin, the more the oud and guaiaca wood comes into its own. So yes the perfume is alive! And changes the longer you wear it, which doesn't really happen in Pegasus.
Pegasus Exclusif is a very safe perfume, which knows where it wants to go, so I would also say that this perfume is definitely a blind purchase value. It's simply round and harmonious For those who are afraid that it will be too flowery, I can take away the fear of hearing them softly in the background and take away the heavy one of vanilla and oud and give a great combination with the amber, which gives a pleasant, round note to the whole thing.

What would I say in summary?
Oud, vanilla, amber and sandalwood. You can see that the perfume is based on these 4 fragrances. They are present and with the various other notes not too present or even intrusive.
The fragrance can be worn without any problems. The sweet one doesn't go to your head either.
The occasion? I think you can wear it just like Pegasus. Office scent, it goes with everything.
The winged horse
Hello dear perfume reader, welcome to my first review on this platform. I have tested many fragrances in the past, but somehow I have never got around to writing a comment.
What's today about? I compare the original on my left hand with the exclusive version on my right. I want to keep it short and crisp...
First impression: The Exclusif starts much fresher, more citric and with more cardamom than its predecessor, although the latter does not seem as dense or somehow more transparent. Thereby the Pegasus E. has the same "dirty" chord as the Layton Exclusif before. It somehow feels as if it was simply taken over 1:1. This changes the whole character of the original, which itself came out very clean with its jasmine note. But both lavender are cheerful, and the PdM-typical amber pudding vanilla base is very similar. Would have expected more creativity here.
To the many criticisms I can only say that the fragrance is actually not so synthetic. It does use a lot of acetates and Iso-E Super, but otherwise I smell clearly natural ingredients.

Conclusion: If the original is too friendly and simple for you, here is a more adult and spicy alternative. If I had to make a decision, I would also rather opt for the Exclusif.
Unfortunately lost - both against Pegasus and Layton Exclusif
With very high expectations and full of anticipation I was looking forward to this release, because I am a big fan of the house PDM, even though I unfortunately don't own a bottle yet, and have only tested numerous fillings so far, but was mostly enthusiastic about the fragrances.

But unfortunately this is not the case here, I'm disappointed with the latest release and try to explain why: In short - as already mentioned in my statement earlier today - I find the scent relatively superfluous. But why is this so and why is Layton Exclusif not? Well... exactly to this Layton Exclusif there are many parallels, you can definitely recognize a pattern here, but in the case of Pegasus Exclusif, of course subjectively felt (!), it's rather negative.

Compared to Layton, Layton Exclusif is a lot darker, more mysterious, more unique, more masculine and less mainstream (all things that I personally just like compared to Layton, and that I miss or "bother" in Layton). For me Pegasus is the better, more interesting and higher quality fragrance. The Pegasus Exclusif does combine elements from Pegasus and Layton Exclusif (not the Layton notes, of course) but I don't like the end result that much because it is, in my opinion, much too sweet and a bit boring, since the Exclusif elements are already known from Layton Exclusif and are much less powerful and much less dark in the Pegasus Exclusif. The Pegasus Exclusif is much friendlier, creamier, more pleasing and more designer than the Layton Exclusif, but it doesn't have the breathtaking individuality and transparent, slightly cool freshness of the Pegasus either, and that's why in the end it's rather boring and superfluous for me, even if it sounds nasty at first.

Pegasus Exclusif is certainly a good fragrance, which will have and find its fanbase, but I am immediately more enthusiastic about some other fragrances from the house of PDM (Layton Exclusif, Pegasus, Kalan, Herod and even Carlisle, whose first hour I do not like at all, but who then combines absolute pleasantness and an exciting roughness wonderfully and is an absolute powerhouse).

The performance of the Pegasus Exclusif is so far good (the sillage could be a bit stronger), but I have to say that Layton Exclusif, although so cute, is not as good as Layton Exclusif.
3.5
GRASS [GOATS]
This morning (m)a bottling came from (m)a sharing participation. "Oh well," I thought, "then I'll be happy to test the scent in the studio while I work." And I treated myself to three good sprays.

Aha! What is it? A mix-up? What is this cheap-looking chemical brew? Then the phone rang, we arranged to have a first cappuccino and a brioche outside a bar. And I completely lost the scent. But every time I brought the cup to my mouth, I unconsciously thought, huh? Sweet almond milk in a cappuccino? Nope! Bullshit ...

An hour later and back in the studio the scent came back to my mind and I smelled again (and again) on my wrist: no, this can't be the PdM scent from Sharing! No, this can't be a fragrance for which I paid € 2.60/ml. No, never! And blamed it on my weather-related apocalyptic mood and the rain and the lack of creativity and the funny neighbour and the yapping dog and ... and then I sprayed again: and then I got really grumpy!

Honestly, I'm no Parfum de Marly fanboy. And I can't understand the hype (especially since the only two exciting scents of these don't appear here in the PdM-Aventus-Dua-Ticker). But I wanted to give the fragrance and the brand a fair chance, because I don't want to die a stupid death. Because 8.8/10 points here is a house number after all. And the discussions in the funny ticker could not be completely wrong, I thought
Yes, they can! And I must honestly hold on to myself because of the impudence of throwing such a cheap and low-quality chemical club on the market at such a price. All due respect, but that's pure bullshit. I know 20 smells from the Arabic area, which stink exactly the same and cost € 20.00/100 ml. Rasasi and co. send their regards. Here goes a currently very hyped brand and shows the followers on both sides the middle finger. And the clientele cheers.

This fragrance is a cheeky 08/15 brew without soul, without motivation, without any value. And lasts like Patex! Although it smells better. And cheaper.

Here the exact description of the fragrance:

Chemical almond (from a laboratory in the south of France or south of Vienna. There a friend is working on artificial flavours for the food and fragrance industry) with industrial sugar

By the way, that was the complete fragrance description! And now I pray that there will be no 2nd lockdown over Christmas and that our annual "Schrotttwichteln" (junk dwarves) can take place. Until then I have calmed down again.

What I will do now with the parfumo rating system and the judges, I don't know yet ...
I want to be fair.
I would like to be fair and in the case of this fragrance, I would not like to give a rating, except for durability and sillage. My reason for this is that both "Pegasus" and "Pegasus Exclusif" do not fit into my prey scheme due to the dominant bitter almond, similar to Tom Ford FF. I have my problems with this just mentioned scent, as it is often too medicinal, synthetic and unpleasantly biting in the nose. In the conventional "Pegasus", this scent was accompanied by creamy vanilla, which made the composition as such more bearable for me. In this flanker, however, i.e. "Pegasus Exclusif", there is no such background music, which makes the bitter almond omnipresent over the whole fragrance and therefore unpleasant for me. You see already ... i am simply not receptive to this note as long as it is the pivotal point within a fragrance composition. But even if it is the centre of this new flanker from Marly, there are other ingredients that will be added over time. Guaiac wood, which has a smoky, dark character as in the "Layton Exclusif", is particularly prominent here. I also smell an animal note, which I already heard in the Layton flanker. So I guess that Cypriol is also used here, which in combination with the wood creates a sweaty scent.
So if you are looking for corners and edges, like bitter almonds or even better, you should take a closer look at this new flanker. But if you think that "Layton Exclusif" is overloaded and therefore overstraining, you might not be happy with this candidate. Those of you who are looking for something suitable for everyday use and socially acceptable for the cold days should also take a step back, because one spray from the mini-sprayer already felt like too much. Pegasus Exclusif" may not quite come close to the sillage of an "Oud Satin Mood" or a "Baccarat Rouge", but the distance to the former is by no means big. I therefore advise against a blind order and recommend to test it. If you love Pegasus and hate "Layton Exclusif" or its woody, anal smokiness, you might get a surprise in a negative sense.
AnjaTom
Pegasus - Lighter - Woody - Masculine! Bull's-eye!
Yes, the hype is as always big with a PDM, that was to be expected! Just the number of sharings alone shows a clear interest in this fragrance!

It starts very impressively, very loud! He is bright, masculine and has of course a clear relationship to the normal Pegasus!
I perceive a good dose of pepper, fresh, woody clear and bright.

There are also significant changes in the base doc.
I perceive a stronger transformation compared to Pegasus!
It's less sweet, more woody! As already described by PDM himself.
The base is very similar to the Layton Exclusif, but not as dark.

Even though the PEG EX has become more masculine I still find it unisex wearable.
Who so far the Pegasus too feminine true could find his luck here, but of course everything remains a matter of taste.

Test it yourself! He has completely fulfilled my expectations!

MrLawmanMrLawman 5 months ago
Rich, dense and luxurious. Definitely a step up compared to the OG with the added, prominent note of guaiac wood. Pegasus on steroids.
NgarciaNgarcia 6 months ago
Meh, a lot of cardamom, soft nice almond and sweet base, nothing special, typical premium designer Marly smell, probably people will like it
NicSealNicSeal 6 months ago
Very similar to the OG which is good. Smoky yet fresh, sweet yet tame, and oddly reminds me of a forest. Very pleasant, not a wow but good.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Woody, spicy, sweet. Almond, vanilla, wood. A bit of cardamom and lavender to make it rounder. Smells good but it is not addictive for me.
911Frags911Frags 11 months ago
to pay much more just to get a smokie pegasus... not rly worth, bec only a perfume freak will tell the difference
ExxellenceExxellence 12 months ago
I wish PDM did as good with PE as they did with Layton Exclusif but PE is just a more potent version of the OG. Nothing more. Hard pass.
ScentedGentScentedGent 1 year ago
They did a great job with this! A woodier, smokier version of the original. Love it!

by AlexW
by AnjaTom
by Cesview
by Cesview

Popular Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly