Pegasus Exclusif 2020

Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly
Pegasus Exclusif is a new perfume by Parfums de Marly for men and was released in 2020. Projection and longevity are above-average.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Cardamom, Heliotrope
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lavender, Bitter almond, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Sandalwood, Oud, Gaiac wood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.12.2020.

The winged horse
Hello dear perfume reader, welcome to my first review on this platform. I have tested many fragrances in the past, but somehow I have never got around to writing a comment.
What's today about? I compare the original on my left hand with the exclusive version on my right. I want to keep it short and crisp...
First impression: The Exclusif starts much fresher, more citric and with more cardamom than its predecessor, although the latter does not seem as dense or somehow more transparent. Thereby the Pegasus E. has the same "dirty" chord as the Layton Exclusif before. It somehow feels as if it was simply taken over 1:1. This changes the whole character of the original, which itself came out very clean with its jasmine note. But both lavender are cheerful, and the PdM-typical amber pudding vanilla base is very similar. Would have expected more creativity here.
To the many criticisms I can only say that the fragrance is actually not so synthetic. It does use a lot of acetates and Iso-E Super, but otherwise I smell clearly natural ingredients.

Conclusion: If the original is too friendly and simple for you, here is a more adult and spicy alternative. If I had to make a decision, I would also rather opt for the Exclusif.
Unfortunately lost - both against Pegasus and Layton Exclusif
With very high expectations and full of anticipation I was looking forward to this release, because I am a big fan of the house PDM, even though I unfortunately don't own a bottle yet, and have only tested numerous fillings so far, but was mostly enthusiastic about the fragrances.

But unfortunately this is not the case here, I'm disappointed with the latest release and try to explain why: In short - as already mentioned in my statement earlier today - I find the scent relatively superfluous. But why is this so and why is Layton Exclusif not? Well... exactly to this Layton Exclusif there are many parallels, you can definitely recognize a pattern here, but in the case of Pegasus Exclusif, of course subjectively felt (!), it's rather negative.

Compared to Layton, Layton Exclusif is a lot darker, more mysterious, more unique, more masculine and less mainstream (all things that I personally just like compared to Layton, and that I miss or "bother" in Layton). For me Pegasus is the better, more interesting and higher quality fragrance. The Pegasus Exclusif does combine elements from Pegasus and Layton Exclusif (not the Layton notes, of course) but I don't like the end result that much because it is, in my opinion, much too sweet and a bit boring, since the Exclusif elements are already known from Layton Exclusif and are much less powerful and much less dark in the Pegasus Exclusif. The Pegasus Exclusif is much friendlier, creamier, more pleasing and more designer than the Layton Exclusif, but it doesn't have the breathtaking individuality and transparent, slightly cool freshness of the Pegasus either, and that's why in the end it's rather boring and superfluous for me, even if it sounds nasty at first.

Pegasus Exclusif is certainly a good fragrance, which will have and find its fanbase, but I am immediately more enthusiastic about some other fragrances from the house of PDM (Layton Exclusif, Pegasus, Kalan, Herod and even Carlisle, whose first hour I do not like at all, but who then combines absolute pleasantness and an exciting roughness wonderfully and is an absolute powerhouse).

The performance of the Pegasus Exclusif is so far good (the sillage could be a bit stronger), but I have to say that Layton Exclusif, although so cute, is not as good as Layton Exclusif.
3.5
GRASS [GOATS]
This morning (m)a bottling came from (m)a sharing participation. "Oh well," I thought, "then I'll be happy to test the scent in the studio while I work." And I treated myself to three good sprays.

Aha! What is it? A mix-up? What is this cheap-looking chemical brew? Then the phone rang, we arranged to have a first cappuccino and a brioche outside a bar. And I completely lost the scent. But every time I brought the cup to my mouth, I unconsciously thought, huh? Sweet almond milk in a cappuccino? Nope! Bullshit ...

An hour later and back in the studio the scent came back to my mind and I smelled again (and again) on my wrist: no, this can't be the PdM scent from Sharing! No, this can't be a fragrance for which I paid € 2.60/ml. No, never! And blamed it on my weather-related apocalyptic mood and the rain and the lack of creativity and the funny neighbour and the yapping dog and ... and then I sprayed again: and then I got really grumpy!

Honestly, I'm no Parfum de Marly fanboy. And I can't understand the hype (especially since the only two exciting scents of these don't appear here in the PdM-Aventus-Dua-Ticker). But I wanted to give the fragrance and the brand a fair chance, because I don't want to die a stupid death. Because 8.8/10 points here is a house number after all. And the discussions in the funny ticker could not be completely wrong, I thought
Yes, they can! And I must honestly hold on to myself because of the impudence of throwing such a cheap and low-quality chemical club on the market at such a price. All due respect, but that's pure bullshit. I know 20 smells from the Arabic area, which stink exactly the same and cost € 20.00/100 ml. Rasasi and co. send their regards. Here goes a currently very hyped brand and shows the followers on both sides the middle finger. And the clientele cheers.

This fragrance is a cheeky 08/15 brew without soul, without motivation, without any value. And lasts like Patex! Although it smells better. And cheaper.

Here the exact description of the fragrance:

Chemical almond (from a laboratory in the south of France or south of Vienna. There a friend is working on artificial flavours for the food and fragrance industry) with industrial sugar

By the way, that was the complete fragrance description! And now I pray that there will be no 2nd lockdown over Christmas and that our annual "Schrotttwichteln" (junk dwarves) can take place. Until then I have calmed down again.

What I will do now with the parfumo rating system and the judges, I don't know yet ...
I want to be fair.
I would like to be fair and in the case of this fragrance, I would not like to give a rating, except for durability and sillage. My reason for this is that both "Pegasus" and "Pegasus Exclusif" do not fit into my prey scheme due to the dominant bitter almond, similar to Tom Ford FF. I have my problems with this just mentioned scent, as it is often too medicinal, synthetic and unpleasantly biting in the nose. In the conventional "Pegasus", this scent was accompanied by creamy vanilla, which made the composition as such more bearable for me. In this flanker, however, i.e. "Pegasus Exclusif", there is no such background music, which makes the bitter almond omnipresent over the whole fragrance and therefore unpleasant for me. You see already ... i am simply not receptive to this note as long as it is the pivotal point within a fragrance composition. But even if it is the centre of this new flanker from Marly, there are other ingredients that will be added over time. Guaiac wood, which has a smoky, dark character as in the "Layton Exclusif", is particularly prominent here. I also smell an animal note, which I already heard in the Layton flanker. So I guess that Cypriol is also used here, which in combination with the wood creates a sweaty scent.
So if you are looking for corners and edges, like bitter almonds or even better, you should take a closer look at this new flanker. But if you think that "Layton Exclusif" is overloaded and therefore overstraining, you might not be happy with this candidate. Those of you who are looking for something suitable for everyday use and socially acceptable for the cold days should also take a step back, because one spray from the mini-sprayer already felt like too much. Pegasus Exclusif" may not quite come close to the sillage of an "Oud Satin Mood" or a "Baccarat Rouge", but the distance to the former is by no means big. I therefore advise against a blind order and recommend to test it. If you love Pegasus and hate "Layton Exclusif" or its woody, anal smokiness, you might get a surprise in a negative sense.
AnjaTom
Pegasus - Lighter - Woody - Masculine! Bull's-eye!
Yes, the hype is as always big with a PDM, that was to be expected! Just the number of sharings alone shows a clear interest in this fragrance!

It starts very impressively, very loud! He is bright, masculine and has of course a clear relationship to the normal Pegasus!
I perceive a good dose of pepper, fresh, woody clear and bright.

There are also significant changes in the base doc.
I perceive a stronger transformation compared to Pegasus!
It's less sweet, more woody! As already described by PDM himself.
The base is very similar to the Layton Exclusif, but not as dark.

Even though the PEG EX has become more masculine I still find it unisex wearable.
Who so far the Pegasus too feminine true could find his luck here, but of course everything remains a matter of taste.

Test it yourself! He has completely fulfilled my expectations!

911Frags911Frags 3 days ago
to pay much more just to get a smokie pegasus... not rly worth, bec only a perfume freak will tell the difference
ExxellenceExxellence 1 month ago
I wish PDM did as good with PE as they did with Layton Exclusif but PE is just a more potent version of the OG. Nothing more. Hard pass.
ScentedGentScentedGent 2 months ago
They did a great job with this! A woodier, smokier version of the original. Love it!

by CnF
by Cesview
by Eggi37
by Eggi37

Popular Parfums de Marly

Herod by Parfums de Marly Layton by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Safanad by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly Darley by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Athalia by Parfums de Marly Nisean by Parfums de Marly Galloway by Parfums de Marly Shagya by Parfums de Marly