Eau d'Été by Parfums de Nicolaï
Eau d'Été is a perfume by Parfums de Nicolaï for women and was released in 1997. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
LimeLime
OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine absoluteJasmine absolute
CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
Labdanum absoluteLabdanum absolute
BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 21.11.2021.

Olfattivo
Cola to spray on - My story of the perfect summer scent
There is this certain interplay of scents that can be called a cola accord. A result of the interaction of citrus and spices like cinnamon or vanilla - or even resins. One frequently encounters this epithet of the colaesque in fragrance descriptions. These are usually heavy fragrances. I'm thinking of Etro Relent, Paco Rabane Pure XS (which some say has a vanilla coke note), Roja Enigma (which some say has a cherry coke note) and many others. With all of these scents, I tend to smell the cola note with some imagination. Some other times the cola attributions seem rather adventurous to me. Citrusy spiciness alone does not constitute cola for me - especially since cola must first and foremost be fresh for me. In this respect, all those heavy citrus spices must apriori miss the cola theme. Admittedly, I have often thought I could spontaneously detect a hint of cola even when smelling something. Perfumery sellers usually turn up their noses at this usually short-lived 'eureka': cola doesn't seem to pass for an exquisite fragrance creation. Yet I only meant well!
Quite different in a Viennese niche perfumery in 2019. The saleswoman wanted to show me a 'very special' fragrance (oh well, how special, that was yet to be seen). She digs out the Eau d'Été by Parfums de Nicolai and hands me the test strip: "This one smells like..., well, try it for yourself first." I smell - and know ad hoc how she meant to complete the sentence: "...like COLA!" With feigned irritation, I remark, "It may sound funny," - eyebrow raise - "but it smells like Coke to me." Bingo, broad nod on her part. Finally, I have a perfume saleswoman on my side about Coke.
About the scent itself: It reminds me of nothing I already know. Real Cologne-Anklänge I can hardly recognize, because the spicy base gives this fragrance a completely different quality. Reminiscences of Eau Sauvage, as mentioned in a statement, I therefore do not recognize. Rather, it reminds me of an eau like Acqua Decima by Eau d'Italie. Eau d'Été is tart, sparkling, effervescent and full-bodied. Even though it fulfils its refreshing function as an eau, the name doesn't seem quite appropriate to me: Eau d'Été - such a generic title for a fragrance with such a strong character and profile. This is also where the only 'flaw', if one can speak of it at all, comes into play. In fact, as much as I love this fragrance, it can sometimes be a little too characterful for me. That's when I prefer to reach for more 'subdued' fragrances like Versace pour Homme and its ilk when I'm in a daily rut. That doesn't mean that the fragrance is annoying, stinging, pinching or anything like that. On the contrary, it is always wonderfully harmonious. But it is a plastic fragrance. You have to wear it if you want to smell and not just smell like something. To that extent, I sometimes layer it with other citrusy scents to 'water it down' and up the citrusy over the spicy. I do this by using one of my other summer favorites, the aforementioned Eau d'Italie.
Bottom line: to anyone who doesn't know this scent: Try it! It is, for me, one of the best summer fragrances I know. Here he is scandalously undervalued, which is certainly due to the low number of reviews - at least until he has the following that he deserves.

Switch of modes
I really like the fragrances of Parfums de Nicolai, I think they are enough brave and skilled to compose something special for us.
EAU D'ÉTÉ is also something special but I could not say this on a positive way. After donning it is really nice, pleasant and beatifical, and it is definitaly that kind of juice which needs time for unfolding, changes a lot. At the first test it was better and better and cleaner as time gone, but at the second test I felt some incredible paperglue odor.
So I suggest to test it carefully and not only once before buying, especially to women, who have different chemistry as the moon is gliding on the sky...
Anyway, value-money ratio is really good for Parfums de Nicolai fragrances.

DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Its like drinking a fresh glass of sprite with a sweet bergamote in a garden full of Jasmine flowers! So good smelling, so poor performance.

by LadyViolet
by LadyViolet
by DavidBraz
by DavidBraz

Popular Parfums de Nicolaï

New York Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï New-York by Parfums de Nicolaï Sacrebleu Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Patchouli Intense / Patchouli Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Nicolaï Sacrebleu (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Nicolaï Vie de Château Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Mimosaique by Parfums de Nicolaï Ambre Cashmere Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï L'Eau miXte by Parfums de Nicolaï Vanille Tonka by Parfums de Nicolaï Eau de Yuzu by Parfums de Nicolaï Number One Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Néroli Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Maharanih Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Maharadjah by Parfums de Nicolaï Odalisque by Parfums de Nicolaï Cap Néroli by Parfums de Nicolaï Kiss Me Tender by Parfums de Nicolaï Cuir Cuba Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Le Temps d'Une Fête by Parfums de Nicolaï