Cédrat Intense 2008

Cédrat Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï
Cédrat Intense is a popular perfume by Parfums de Nicolaï for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitron, Lemon, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Pink pepper, Ylang-ylang, Camomile
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Oakmoss, Opoponax, Musk, Castoreum

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 04.08.2020.

Cédrat Intense... intensely lite
Edited May 16, 2013
My relationship with some of Parfums de Nicolaï offerings has not been an entirely happy match. I actually feel guilty about it. I really do. I generally like what I’ve tried from the house but there is, unfortunately, an issue with short life expectancy.

The first time I tried Cédrat Intense (citron intense) the projection dropped so quickly and so precipitously that I had to double check the label. Really? A fragrance called "Intense" that has just 30 minutes of perceptible projection and overall longevity of about 1 1/2-2 hours?

Nonetheless, I was worried that, “It’s me, not you,” so I tried wearing Cédrat on 4 separate days. Now, it is midwinter and my skin is slightly dry but that hasn't effected the longevity of my regular wardrobe very much, if at all. Even after 4 days of testing Cédrat the best I could squeeze out of all that citrus was about 3 hours of longevity. And there was nothing about it I'd describe as intense.

Cédrat is not completely without its merits, although at this point I may be scrounging for something positive to say. There is a nice, sustained lemon top note that blossoms with genuine tartness. Unfortunately, after that, projection goes into a continuous free fall. As part of it’s “cédrat” profile it reveals a just perceptible dry, tea-like bergamot. Nice, but not present enough. Then, Cédrat makes a well crafted transition from the bergamot notes to meld beautifully into the base of dry, aromatic “precious woods”. While the transition from the dry tea bergamot to the woods holds promise, the show is over. All that’s left is a wristwatch sized spot of woody, lemon essence. Unfortunately, even if Cédrat were to survive to reveal it’s full potential I don’t believe it would be a particularly novel or unique fragrance. I will, however, give it a second chance in warmer weather and hope it proves to be a better scent than I've experienced so far.

Addendum May 16, 2013:
Here in the southeastern US we’re well into warm, humid spring weather so I gave Cedrat Intense another go. The results we’re slightly better but nothing to get excited about. Projection away was improved as was longevity but when you read the descriptor “Intense” you expect more. The overall scent was more interesting with pepper and woods exhibiting a bit more oomph. Unfortunately, just as I feared, there weren’t enough gains to recommend Cedrat Intense. Furthermore, this is not a unique creation and there so many better options in this fragrance genre.

Popular Parfums de Nicolaï

New York Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï New-York by Parfums de Nicolaï Sacrebleu Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Sacrebleu (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Nicolaï Patchouli Intense / Patchouli Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Nicolaï Vie de Château Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Ambre Cashmere Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Mimosaique by Parfums de Nicolaï Vanille Tonka by Parfums de Nicolaï L'Eau miXte by Parfums de Nicolaï Number One Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Maharanih Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Maharadjah by Parfums de Nicolaï Odalisque by Parfums de Nicolaï Eau de Yuzu by Parfums de Nicolaï Kiss Me Tender by Parfums de Nicolaï Le Temps d'Une Fête by Parfums de Nicolaï Cuir Cuba Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Eau d'Été by Parfums de Nicolaï Week-End in Normandy / Week-End à Deauville (2011) by Parfums de Nicolaï