Number One Intense

Number One Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï
8.3 / 10 48 Ratings
Number One Intense is a popular perfume by Parfums de Nicolaï for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-chypre. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes Sweet acacia absoluteSweet acacia absolute BergamotBergamot GalbanumGalbanum
Heart Notes Heart Notes Tuberose absoluteTuberose absolute Jasmine absoluteJasmine absolute Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Orange blossomOrange blossom Orris butterOrris butter Rose absoluteRose absolute RoseRose
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood OakmossOakmoss MuskMusk Animalic notesAnimalic notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.11.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Glitter ball
"This is grade A 100% pure Colombian cocaine, ladies and gentlemen. Disco Shit. Pure as the driven snow."

Within the Nicolaï line-up, New York Intense may be the community darling but its spicy-vanilla-fougere masculinity seems incompatible with me. I decided to sell that one and get myself Number One Intense instead. This is a lovely white floral composition and a close second to the miraculous Odalisque.

Tuberose is clearly in the lead here, while it is backed by orange blossom and a heavy civet-purr. The feeling is prickly dry-bitter in the opening and warms up as a pleasant sandalwood-moss slowly takes over.

There is a powerful, almost stinging 80's vibe which makes this one feel ultra-feminine. On a scale of 1 to 10? Well over 200! As my personal taste gravitates to the green and white florals, I find myself perfectly comfortable in the ladies' section of the perfume store. But with this one it took quite a while before I could wear it with confidence. Now I can tell you, once you mastered Number One Intense, a "glitterball and spotlights" entrance is part of the package.

Hubby Doesn't Love
My OH doesn't love this one, but I still had to have it. For one thing, it has sandalwood, my favorite wood; ambergris, my favorite animalic; and three of my favorite florals: jasmine, rose, orange blossom. I think the sharply dank tagetes brings the ambergris to the edge and the oakmoss only deepens things, but to me it works. My first sniff was an "oh yes!" intoxication. Green galbanum in the top note and black currant don't really tame the throbbing indoles of the florals amid the musty stank. Even though hubby took one sniff, said "nope" and walked away, I say "yes, yes, yes." Not sure about the longevity because I'm either anosmic to it already or my skin is drinking it, but this is a dry day. It's probably becoming a skin scent, but when I wait and re-sniff, I get to say, "oh yes!" again. More applause to Patricia Nicolaï for a fragrance that goes for power rather than mere prettiness.

2 short views on the fragrance
RisingChaosRisingChaos 7 months ago
Pollinic florals, primarily creamy tuberose plus some jasmine, with a green touch and a light sweetness. Linear drydown.
KuraiKurai 1 year ago
A classic ultra-feminine chypre. Dramatic entrance, white-yellow floral chorus and heavy civet-moss-sandal base. YES!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Parfums de Nicolaï

New York Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï New-York by Parfums de Nicolaï Sacrebleu Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Patchouli Intense / Patchouli Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Nicolaï Sacrebleu (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Nicolaï Vie de Château Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Ambre Cashmere Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Mimosaique by Parfums de Nicolaï Eau de Yuzu by Parfums de Nicolaï L'Eau miXte by Parfums de Nicolaï Vanille Tonka by Parfums de Nicolaï Odalisque by Parfums de Nicolaï Maharanih Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Eau d'Été by Parfums de Nicolaï Maharadjah by Parfums de Nicolaï Cap Néroli by Parfums de Nicolaï Cuir Cuba Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Le Temps d'Une Fête by Parfums de Nicolaï Cédrat Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï Néroli Intense by Parfums de Nicolaï