Paul Smith Men 2000Eau de Toilette

Paul Smith Men (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith
Bottle Design Sophie Hicks
Paul Smith Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paul Smith for men and was released in 2000. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig, Violet leaf, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.08.2020.

A Whispering Perfume That Never Shouts
It is fresh but not citrus, fresh but not aquatic, fresh but not floral... It's strange to describe a fragrance with color, but "green" scents do capture the freshness of nature. Think about the outdoor's crispness: dew on the grass, a garden of herbs, or leaves blowing in the breeze. Green fragrances capture these moments with their refreshing qualities and remind me of my days playing college and football in the outfield, smelling the grass on my uniform after in the locker room. To smell and experience, a perfume is a passionate art in itself - the secrets of perfume dramatically unfold if you let it tell you its story.

Paul Smith Men has just arrived at my home, during this messy quarantine. If you are anything like me, you suffer from being locked down in the house for so long, not being able to visit a perfumery, not being able to relish the latest news. And so I decided to order some perfumes, blindly, online, and Paul Smith Men is one of them. I got this for a steal a tester bottle with a box for only €10.00. It reports the following notes slightly different from those listed on Parfumo: green, aromatic, woody. Top notes of bergamot, sweet orange, basil. Heart notes of green fig, violet leaves. Base notes of vetiver, sandalwood, bio musk.

Let's have a stroll into this unveiled English garden. I sprayed a couple of whiff on a blotter, I close my eyes, and I let my nose experience the journey. The fragrance unfolds with leafy, grassy, and citrus accord. I sense creamy and dusty bergamot, the basil is richly aromatic, and the orange peel is luscious. This is the opening that I love, it exhilarates my senses, and right off the bat, I think PS Men and CK Truth are in the same ballpark when it comes to greenish, watery, and leafy accords, they share the same vibe.

As soon as I leave the top notes behind me, the heart explodes with a furious violet leaves accord, sustained by pearly green fig. Here, the fragrance turns a bit soapy and milky, still the greenness stains in the background. The fig note is beautiful, I seem the perfumers used something from the green fig fruit, cause there isn't the dry accord present in fig's leaves or tree.

The base is nothing but a fresh woody and mossy redolence. The vetiver is brisk and herbaceous, the sandalwood is unquestionably creamy, and the bio musk reveals a moist and clean aspect reminiscent of the Evernia Prunastri or oakmoss, it is earthy, wet, and a tad chypre.

As for the performance of Paul Smith Men, it is not too strong, the sillage is moderate, but I do find it lasts five to six hours on me this spring day but for the price, though I'm not complaining.
Because of their lightness, this cologne performs best during the hot months. Day-time wear also makes the most sense, though during springtime you could get away with wearing in the evening and at night. Some people complain that it isn't long-lasting, but if you're looking for a fragrance to lighten up the warm weather, Men should be your go-to.
However, I don't get the comparison to CD Fahrenheit other than a similar violet note. This is much greener than Fahrenheit, brighter and more spring-like. Instead, Paul Smith Men is a slur to the sheer finesse Nathalie Lorson and Alain Astori has put into its creation, it is of quite a different breed. Don't get me wrong, I love Fahrenheit, and it's also in my spring rotation. They're just different fragrances for different occasions.

Stay safe; stay well.

-Elysium

ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
It's fresh but not citrus, fresh but not aquatic, fresh but not floral. It's strange to describe a fragrance with color, but green is right!
KingPinKingPin 21 months ago
3.5
A bit too floral, might work on a young man summer clubbing, but I doubt it.

by Smello
by Smello
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Paul Smith

Paul Smith London for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith Paul Smith Rose by Paul Smith Paul Smith Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith Portrait for Men by Paul Smith Extreme Men (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith Story (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith Paul Smith London for Women by Paul Smith Extreme Women by Paul Smith Paul Smith Women by Paul Smith Paul Smith London for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Paul Smith Cologne by Paul Smith Paul Smith Floral by Paul Smith Optimistic for Men by Paul Smith Sunshine Edition for Men by Paul Smith Paul Smith Man 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith Optimistic for Women by Paul Smith Paul Smith Rose Summer Edition 2011 by Paul Smith Hello You! by Paul Smith Essential by Paul Smith Extreme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Paul Smith