Bluebell (1978) Eau de Toilette

Bluebell (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's

Bluebell (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Penhaligon's for women and was released in 1978. The scent is floral-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Clove, Cinnamon

Submitted by Bergamotte, last update on 04.08.2019

10.0 6.0 6.0 6.0/10

Not what I hoped for...
I am undecided about this. I almost didn't buy it because I couldn't test it and because it contains clove which I dislike intensely. I love the bottle though, and I love hyacinth so when a bottle came along for a bargain price I bought it. I don't like the opening, I immediately smell that harsh clove note above everything else. It faded after about 5 minutes and settled into a greenish hyacinth that turns a little powdery. The clove along with the cinnamon appeared again as it dried down, but was less harsh and overpowering. I like it, and will definitely wear it, but it's not what I hoped for, and I'm not likely to purchase it again.
1.0/10

it hates me
When I sniffed it in the sample tube, it was quite pleasant. But then I put it on. It started out as a combination of screechy dandelion stems, the body odor of an unhealthy dog, and cloves. Mercifully, it dried down to cloves with a hint of dog skin. 1.5 hours later, the dog odor was, happily, gone. But all that was left was cloves & a synthetic floral scent (a cheap room freshener, maybe?). I'm jealous of people who smell English countryside in here. (041710)

from the fairy meadows
by Heavenly85
Something green, something white... and a bit of blue :)
by Heavenly85
by Twinkle
The picnic basket is in the car, we're ready to go, Ma'am!
by Mörderbiene
by Lah2o
by Lah2o
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Penhaligon's

Sartorial by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Endymion by Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Juniper Sling by Penhaligon's Cornubia by Penhaligon's Opus 1870 by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Vaara by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Elixir by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Amaranthine (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Ellenisia by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's LP No.9 for Ladies by Penhaligon's