Cornubia by Penhaligon's

Cornubia is a popular perfume by Penhaligon's for women and was released in 1991. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Nathalie Lawson

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Neroli, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 30.09.2019

9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Still vintage?!?!
With "Cornubia" I hold a bottle in my hands, experience a scent I hadn't tested before.
About half a year ago a girlfriend brought me the scent from England, which is very rare to buy in this country.
Because I was always afraid of "powdery-flowery scents", I had always pushed "Cornubia" to test before me, but now curiosity won.
And I was taught otherwise (I always scold prejudices, because it had befallen me myself...)
This scent is really great, even if it does not correspond to my usual "booty scheme".
Because... yeah, because he kind of smells vintage. As if fallen out of time, although the contents of the bottle must come from newer production,
Heliotropic flowery powderiness along with fresh accents of mandarin, the warmth of orange blossoms.
Everything has a balanced light sweetness, which does not correspond at all to my imaginary cliché.
Although this was true for other fragrances exactly.
Here is nothing "pappig" or "überzuckert", but only wonderfully natural and flowery.
Slowly even quite spicy and bitter parts creep in, still powdery, but different from "modern powdery", where you directly shake out a dusty-sweet powder puff in front of your nose.
No This powder note comes to bear in the "after-smell", quasi a few seconds after the direct smell over the spraying area.
I only know something like this from much older batches of "classic" fragrances.
Fine woods and "dark" vanilla round everything off.
But this fine and "subsequent" powder note (I think you can also recognize cloves) remains throughout the entire fragrance process.
Even amplifies itself in an extremely pleasant way.
For my nose "Cornubia" has no vintage airs and graces, but it IS vintage. Still?!? Or again!?! I can't give myself a definite answer.
Just suspect that "Penhaligon's" here simply retained the formulation from the early 90s.
For the pleasure of all those noses who don't like newly found and reformulated (often too "dead") fragrances.
Everything still seems to be right here.

Cornubia
I disliked you beyond words.
Really sorry cause I'm sure you smell lovely on someone else. For me how ever instant nausea followed by a head splitting migraine.

by EauMySoul
by Thais
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Penhaligon's

Sartorial by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Endymion by Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Juniper Sling by Penhaligon's Cornubia by Penhaligon's Opus 1870 by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Vaara by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Elixir by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Amaranthine (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Ellenisia by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's LP No.9 for Ladies by Penhaligon's