Savoy Steam (2017)Eau de Parfum

Savoy Steam (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's

Savoy Steam (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Penhaligon's for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesTunisian rosemary, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Geranium absolute
Base Notes Base NotesIncense resinoid, Benzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.02.2020.

8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Floyd
Billy Pilgrim falls out of time
I am Billy Pilgrim and fall out of time, south of Covent Garden on the Thames beach. Sometimes the sky above me flickers in impetuous time lapse, changing the scene like the scenery of a theater. I was a guest at Savoy Palace a moment ago, dining with the Earl of Lancaster. I think it was the year 1381, when suddenly an angry mob burned into the magnificent halls and my memory sank into flames. I woke up about 200 years later in the same place in the bed of a hospital and when I looked out of the window, a singer named Bob Dylan stood there in the side street, I think it was the 1960s, and he sang something about "medicine", "clean nose", "get well", "theatres" and "whirlpools" and behind him stood Allen Ginsberg and talked to a man who smoked.
Allen then ran to the Savoy Theatre with his walking stick and Bob called up to me what I was looking for in his hotel room. Everything spun to me. I wanted to clear up the misunderstanding with Cesar Ritz, the manager of the hotel, but instead of him a Saudi prince stood in front of me and claimed that the Savoy Hotel belonged to him. He accompanied me emphatically to the door.
Now I'm sitting south of Covent Garden on the Thames. The sky flickers over me in a wild fast motion. The smell I perceive, like me, does not seem to be anchored in time. At first I smell a dark red Damascus rose, the one that the crusaders brought from the Orient to England in the Middle Ages. I smelled her heavy scent at the Earl of Lancaster and later at the hospital, where I was told it had a healing effect ("get well"). However, it is spiced with fresh, warm and slightly acidic rosemary ("clean nose") and warm red pepper, which gives the fragrance a certain coarseness.
Soon the bluish-sweet note of the rose geranium was added, it came from the Cape colony to England at the time of the foundation of the hotel at the end of the 19th century. It makes the dark heavy rose bloom.
About an hour later, a lightly medicinal ("medicine"), resinous benzoin and some discreetly sweet smoking resin (What the man smoked with Allen Ginsberg?) wrapped around the dark-spicy rose. Could a Turkish steam bath ("whirlpool") be associated here? Or the place on the Thames in the mist of time, which for many hours wafts deep red, resinous, spicy like the magnificent but also dark history and present of the Savoys, before it says goodbye after about six to eight hours? He's not loud at any time. He is like me, Billy Pilgrim, undecided in time, classic and modern.

by Quercus
by Quercus

Popular Penhaligon's

Sartorial by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Endymion by Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Juniper Sling by Penhaligon's Cornubia by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Opus 1870 by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Vaara by Penhaligon's Elixir by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Ellenisia by Penhaligon's Amaranthine (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's LP No.9 for Ladies by Penhaligon's