Trade Routes Collection - Lothair (2014)

Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's

Trade Routes Collection - Lothair is a popular perfume by Penhaligon's for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesJuniper berry, Cardamom, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Fig leaf, Red berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig milk, Lavender, Magnolia, Geranium, Black tea
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk, Cedar, Ambergris, Oakmoss, Wenge wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.07.2020.

Distant relatives
I am currently looking for a suitable scent for our friend and veterinarian - who really deserves a nice scent.

He is always there for our animals - and also for us, when we have a little ache.

Man is closely related to the animal - which we should not forget.

So our Wolfi often gives us good medical advice - which our medical doctor also likes to take up.
He has no conceit whatsoever, but is open to the suggestions of the vet.

Thus I discovered Lothair, which I only deciphered erroneously as Lothar.
I regretted that the fragrance was not called " Wolfi " - because that would have been a very personal gift.

But I also like Lothair in its soft and sweetish appearance - so the fragrance is not too masculine to rough.
Because the birthday child is also of a softhearted nature.

The start is spicy and fresh, then it gets calm and creamy with lavender and fig milk.
Vanilla and ambergris provide sweetness and the oakmoss is soft and not bitter.
The balanced scent of black tea is overpowered.

A distinctive and pleasant fragrance that will appeal to both men and women.

5.5
Ah, Loddar..
What am I gonna do with you? At times, I can have pretty good what you do. I prefer to sort other things back into the lower shelves. For example, your anisy- sweet start, immediately underlaid with vanilla, unfortunately touches the drugstore scent, always when it gets a slightly green-spicy spice.

A few minutes pass before you catch the sweetness and transform the spice into an elegant Meinetwegen Wacholder note (I would also have said pepper), whose airiness and woodiness remind me of your older sibling fragrance 'Juniper Sling'. You're making it a little better. BETTER, not totally great, I think there's a lot of light artificial wood on board already now
At the same time I sense a furry Nennen-wir-es fig, whose fruit note I find quite "general", and which therefore seems to me to be assembled (possibly with the participation of the leaf green of black currant). Pretty sweet, too. The lavender can't be asked twice and also contributes its honey-sweet appearance, yes, it looks almost baking-aroma-like, nix herbaceous, nix bitter, nix sting... Well, apart from a sting in the tooth maybe it has so much sweetness.

The energizing twitchiness simply flattens everything. I am thinking of objects of comparison of different unpleasantness. Joop's 'Nightflight' and Eight & Bob's 'Egypt' still went, but Tesori d' Orientes 'Africa' was gruesome. Tea? So please... Completely hyperglycaemic would be the.

I'm beginning to wonder if my little sample is over, because I don't get my impressions over with those of other reviewers.

At noon I cling to a touch of green herbaceousness. At first I think of wormwood, but what is meant here is probably the green and herbaceous part of lavender, which is allowed to go for it again. Unfortunately, his contribution is limited to the immediate proximity to the skin, because on top of it an ugly, cheesy plastic vanilla develops in the afternoon, which in combination with the remaining lavender sweetness - variatio delectat - now has something of a back aroma of the vanilla variety. Below it annoys a meanwhile quite penetrating, light wood note, which gets through all too clearly particularly with warmth
Conclusion: The Mag-ich phase with the juniper is definitely too short for me. I don't find the rest successful.

I thank Gerdi for the rehearsal.

Sunny Gentleman
Scentrack
Zofka – Parfum Vanille

Lothair is structurally very similar to Sartorial. Like Sartorial, the note breakdown suggests it could be a mess of the fragrance, but in reality it is a beautiful and balanced fragrance. One can smell most of the notes from the breakdown. Lothair is a bomb of positivity. A liquid sunny day.
It opens with strong Bombay Sapphire-like juniper, spicy cardamom and sunny grapefruit. This opening reminds me of L’Occitane’s Eau des Baux. The fougere lavender is well hidden, and overshadowed with milky fig leaf and a soft black tea note. Deep in the background there is a fragile flowery note, possibly magnolia. I really like the ambergris note of sea wind. I live on the sea, and this note is completely realistic. The base is woodsy and archaic, made of cedar and teak wood. The vanilla of the base is soft and very transparent. Perfectly harmonized with the woods.
Lothair is a beautiful creation. Archaic, yet modern. Transparent and credible.

Rating: 9/10

More on Scentimentalwords

BEAUTIFUL VANILLA , BERGAMOT AND FIG
This is a journey of perfectness. Although not mentioned in the notes, I also detect black pepper type of smell in the notes and its mixture with vanilla is for me incredible. These type of unique perfections are of interest to me.

Rob69
Very good and original fragrance.
This perfume is very balanced. Fresh and gourmand at te same time!...Very good. It is an outsider perfume compared to the usual Penhaligon's family.

Originale!
Una buona composizione olfattiva del naso d'autore Duchaufour che apre con note fresche per poi adagiarsi su un cuore fiorito e che lascia il posto alle sensazioni dolci dei legni e delle note ambrate e vanigliate. Lieve ma di buona persistenza. Ha anche una buona struttura che la fa evolvere potendone apprezzare in diversi momenti della giornata le varie combinazioni. Profumi nel profumo. In questo caso direi che il tutto è ben riuscito.

Bertrand Duchaufour hat in Reminiszenz an das gleichnamige Segelschiff einen abenteuerlustigen und mutigen Duft aus reichen exotischen Hölzern geschaffen.  geklaut von ALZD
by Kovex
by Zielkomat
by Monparfum
by Monparfum

Popular Penhaligon's

Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Sartorial by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke by Penhaligon's Portraits - Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's Portraits - Clandestine Clara by Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Belgravia Chypre by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - As Sawira by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Lavandula by Penhaligon's Cornubia by Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Uncompromising Sohan by Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Savoy Steam (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's