Trade Routes Collection - Cairo 2018

Trade Routes Collection - Cairo by Penhaligon's
Trade Routes Collection - Cairo is a popular perfume by Penhaligon's for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesDamask rose, Saffron, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesLabdanum, Nagarmotha
Base Notes Base NotesCeylonese sandalwood, Atlas cedar, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.10.2020.

Back to a mystical age
First I give 10 stars for the very valuable black box with the golden label, then the beautiful bottle, also this one with gold-black label and black bow. This reminds me a little of the Egyptian Tut Ench Amun exhibition, this big golden box has already made me shudder respectfully. I associate with this country an old and very historical past . Now I come to the fragrance - the first sprayer puts me immediately into this old and mystical time. Very valuable spices, old fragrant woods mix to a great cocktail. Rose and saffron everything comes up and moves me mentally almost to Cleopatra, what did they probably smell good ....
The fragrance becomes a little closer to the body, rounder, slightly sweet and very balsamic. A wonderful mixture I am fully flashed, I take also after hours a smell excellent for me was the oriental but is in a modern way, not this heavy and musty. And this fragrance lasts very long 8-10 hours, which is very pleasing, price is already a higher segment - but also somehow a treasure. I find here you smell very high quality ingredients, nothing artificial at all. This company is known for its high quality. I thought Cleopatra would have liked this modern version of her old and mysterious world - that would have worn him and perhaps deprived even more great men of history of their minds.
Colonized Egypt, very close to Diors Oud Ispahan
I really wanted to try Cairo because I'm a huge fan of Halfeti from Penhaligon's Trade Route Collection and the description suggested similarities. A certain similarity exists in any case, also here in the center is a spicy oriental rose surrounded by woody notes and frankincense.

However, Cairo is "harder" than Halfeti, much more masculine, but not quite so dark. The rose often recedes behind the resins. Honestly, Cairo reminds me very much of Oud Ispahan of Dior. I love this fragrance, even though Cairo seems a bit more "sedate" than Oud Ispahan, with more resins and woods.

Compared to Halfeti I have to say that Cairo is also less complex and less round. Actually, the scent hardly changes, except that sometimes I have the feeling that the scent is almost scratchy-medical. But I must confess that I have worn it only on relatively warm days so far and believe that Cairo benefits from cooler weather.

In my opinion, it is more a fragrance for men than for women, and also nothing for very young gentlemen. The fragrance has a moderate sillage (it's definitely not a skin scent but you can't smell it across the marketplace) and lasts about 6-8 hours. I like him, but I have to say that he's definitely not groundbreaking in his fragrance, but that I've tried a lot of similar fragrances that he's hard to distinguish from. All in all, I think that's a bit unfortunate, because Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection actually has very interesting fragrances and the bottle is also totally pretty.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Marvelous rose, wonderfully balsamic, very woody and... a bit oudy but no oud note is listed. Another Penhaligon's in my "to buy" list!

by Lanto
by Lanto
by Mörderbiene
by Mörderbiene

Popular Penhaligon's

Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Sartorial by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Portraits - Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's Belgravia Chypre by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Portraits - Clandestine Clara by Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - As Sawira by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Lavandula by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Savoy Steam (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Cornubia by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon's