Zizonia by Penhaligon's

Zizonia is a perfume by Penhaligon's for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coriander, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Ginger, Cardamom, Cumin, Lavender, Nutmeg, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Ripieno, last update on 30.03.2020.

Penhaligon's - An obituary of headless, vegetarian scents, second stroke
You know the feeling: you don't like one or two certain fragrances at all. And then you test a fragrance, quite naïve, and just such a note jumps at you with claws extended as if there was nothing else in the bottle. I really like cumin in the kitchen, but in perfume it's just such a case for me. As a fan of the retro series of Penhaligon's I also wanted to test Zizonia, but I had to be careful not to mention that fragrance. Not that Zizonia is a pure cumin scent, but as I said, this note simply always stands out with me - I already have some deep scratch wounds in my nose from cumin. In this case, however, I must give the all-clear, this interpretation of cumin deserves my respect: never before has this note been so finely woven in a fragrance and of such restrained elegance. Heralded by citrus notes of orange origin in combination with coriander, which already excited me at Khanbaliq, follows a spicy-woody melange, which I cannot differentiate further apart from light, really very fine cumin waves, but which changes strangely effortlessly between lukewarm and slightly cool. If I had to assign a colour to the fragrance, it would probably be a metallic shimmering olive tone. The woody impression is intensified as it progresses, the colour impression remains. Overall, the fragrance appears slightly powdery, but too little to be classified as clearly powdery. I assume that this impression is created by a variety of spices. Furthermore, Zizonia remains elegantly discreet over the entire fragrance, as is actually the case with most classic Penhaligon's Zizonia is not a case for my collection simply because of the homeopathically dosed, but nevertheless audible coumins. Nevertheless, in a deep bow I take my hat off to this impressive perfumer's achievement.
Minigolf
Crunchy, creaky, coriander cardamom.....
...somehow a "library fragrance".
I feel like on a cold but sunny winter afternoon in the library.
I sit by the window and leaf through various books. Outside a fine haze appears, inside small dusts glisten in the incoming ray of light from the window and tumble back and forth by chance. I follow them with my eyes. The old book smells of me. Some reader before me had put herbs between the pages.
Years already they must have already spent in the book, but still smell.
I can see Korean leaves and cardamom leaves. A "branch" with three leaves and small fruit. Also the book itself is afflicted with a special "old paper scent", almost like "orange vanilla" with a woody creaky smell.
Meanwhile a tender, cold frost has formed outside at the bare tree in front of the library.
I briefly open the window and hear quiet little twigs cracking through the cold.
The sound and the scent I perceive become one.
Strange how sometimes everything fits together so well.
And this impression was not a mere imagination, because when I sprayed "Zizonia" on myself, this library scene "experienced" by me came to my mind again.
I even remember the title of the book. If it's still available, I'll get it out the next time I visit the library.
Rarely borrowed... hopefully the herbs are still in there....

by Serge
by Serge
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Penhaligon's

Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Sartorial by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Portraits - Clandestine Clara by Penhaligon's Portraits - Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - As Sawira by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Belgravia Chypre by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Uncompromising Sohan by Penhaligon's Cornubia by Penhaligon's Lavandula by Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Revenge of Lady Blanche by Penhaligon's