Lily & Spice 2006 Eau de Parfum

Lily & Spice (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's
Lily & Spice (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Penhaligon's for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron White lilyWhite lily
Heart Notes Heart NotesCloveClove PepperPepper
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin PatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Dala, last update on 23.01.2022.

The One that got away...
A subtle yet glorious true wet stargazer/ "Easter" lily that is both solemn and filled with proper religious association and yet sensual, haunting and zen-like blended with just a pinch of clove and pepper grounding it like an afternoon naked hookah party in an English garden. I yearn for her return, like my miss spent youth. One of only 5 out of 50 fragrances I have ever been complemented on wearing by a total stranger. At this point I would give up 45 of the 50 fragrance I own for a full sealed bottle. The one that got away....

StarGazer Fun
This to me is everything I have been looking for as far as a stargazer fragrance. And thanks to my good friend I have been able to experience it.
Every time I go to the market I walk past the florist stand and go directly to the stargazers. I lean in deep and breath that beautiful pungent floral. I always leave with the yellow pollen all over my nose and forehead. And my husband laughs every time! I don't care if I look like an ass, my face smells fantastic! This reminds me of that along with a bit of citrus blossoms mixed in it. Even though they are not part of the makeup that's what I get from it. I also like how the musk is very subtle but yet present. January is the time that stargazers are ready by bulbs for purchase now I don't have to wait I can just spritz myself. I wish I had a home fragrance of this stuff.

More Easter than Spice Drawer
I approached Penhaligon LILY & SPICE with some trepidation, as the explicit mention of "spice" immediately called to mind "spice drawer" fumes, which I find too heavy handed. Happily, my worries were for naught.

LILY & SPICE is a beautiful floral composition in which lily looms VERY LARGE, and the spices--especially saffron--serve as complements. The saffron is definitely stronger than the clove here, which is a relief, since I easily o.d. on that note.

It's not really possible to wear this very longlasting, big sillage floral edp--verging on perfume--without thinking of Easter. Lilies are literally everywhere. The wearer is transported on and through a fluffy cloud of lily petals for hours! I like this one a lot--though it's officially a stinker (which, by the way, is a term of endearment in my perfume lexicon)--and may acquire a full bottle at some point, as I have a relative dearth of lily perfumes in my collection.

Discussions about Lily & Spice (Eau de Parfum)

by Sedona
by Marta
by Kiengira
by Kiengira

Popular by Penhaligon's

Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Sartorial by Penhaligon's Portraits - Changing Constance by Penhaligon's Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke by Penhaligon's Portraits - Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Blazing Mr Sam by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Babylon by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Uncompromising Sohan by Penhaligon's Portraits - Clandestine Clara by Penhaligon's Brilliantly British by Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti Leather by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Bewitching Yasmine by Penhaligon's Belgravia Chypre by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's