Savoy Steam 2017 Eau de Parfum

Savoy Steam (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's
7.8 / 10 117 Ratings
Savoy Steam (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Penhaligon's for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top Notes Tunisian rosemaryTunisian rosemary Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart Notes Damask roseDamask rose Geranium absoluteGeranium absolute
Base Notes Base Notes IncenseIncense BenzoinBenzoin

Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 02.02.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
MlleTaffanel
It's steaming in the rose garden
Savoy Steam falls into my classic prey scheme: roses and Penhaligon's. A test was therefore inevitable.
The first impression was- surprising. It was already noted by my VorschreiberInnen, the top note is unusual and has something of bath additive (probably by the rosemary). The rose fights through but very quickly and dominates the further course.
Unusual it definitely is. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but the rose does seem to be steaming (perhaps the incense resin?). Or it's hazy. Or veiled. In any case, she's not a classic floral-sweet-soapy-rose. To me, she is timeless, knows no age or season. Because of this steam - mist - veil, Savoy Steam is one of the few rose fragrances that you can wear in autumn without permanently having chirping birds in front of your eyes. But do not get me wrong, the rose is quite sweet and light, just not exclusively.
The durability is actually meow on my skin. Hitverdächtig it is, however, on the clothes, quasi an upper - class - laundry spray, the whole day durchduftet.
I think I will afford this decadence in time....
Helpful Review 5
I am addicted
The top note blew me away the first time I tried it - at the time I hadn't read the DP yet and so didn't know what it was that I was smelling.... Admittedly, I didn't come up with rose - but once you do, you wonder why you didn't come up with it right away - well, that might be because it starts with a 'rose sauna infusion' - that sounds weird, but smells quite wonderful - rosemary and rose harmonise beautifully. The scent changes over time to a rose-tea scent - first spicy, then sweet - even very sweet, almost liqueur-like - but the other ingredients balance it out very well; gradually the sweetness fades and the rose-tea is underlaid with light wood; I can't quite put my finger on where the woody impression comes from - perhaps from the rose geranium? From the incense resin or benzoin rather not - they work, however, quite differently than expected and are much more discreet than they are usually known - they play in the orchestra of fragrances well before the base, but change absolutely nothing in the dominance of the rose

Conclusion: who likes rose, should definitely test this one! Only drawback - for an EdP the durability is really outrageous - I would say so max 4h.

Very helpful Review 13
Billy Pilgrim falls out of time
I am Billy Pilgrim and fall out of time, south of Covent Garden on the Thames beach. Sometimes the sky above me flickers in impetuous time lapse, changing the scene like the scenery of a theater. I was a guest at Savoy Palace a moment ago, dining with the Earl of Lancaster. I think it was the year 1381, when suddenly an angry mob burned into the magnificent halls and my memory sank into flames. I woke up about 200 years later in the same place in the bed of a hospital and when I looked out of the window, a singer named Bob Dylan stood there in the side street, I think it was the 1960s, and he sang something about "medicine", "clean nose", "get well", "theatres" and "whirlpools" and behind him stood Allen Ginsberg and talked to a man who smoked.
Allen then ran to the Savoy Theatre with his walking stick and Bob called up to me what I was looking for in his hotel room. Everything spun to me. I wanted to clear up the misunderstanding with Cesar Ritz, the manager of the hotel, but instead of him a Saudi prince stood in front of me and claimed that the Savoy Hotel belonged to him. He accompanied me emphatically to the door.
Now I'm sitting south of Covent Garden on the Thames. The sky flickers over me in a wild fast motion. The smell I perceive, like me, does not seem to be anchored in time. At first I smell a dark red Damascus rose, the one that the crusaders brought from the Orient to England in the Middle Ages. I smelled her heavy scent at the Earl of Lancaster and later at the hospital, where I was told it had a healing effect ("get well"). However, it is spiced with fresh, warm and slightly acidic rosemary ("clean nose") and warm red pepper, which gives the fragrance a certain coarseness.
Soon the bluish-sweet note of the rose geranium was added, it came from the Cape colony to England at the time of the foundation of the hotel at the end of the 19th century. It makes the dark heavy rose bloom.
About an hour later, a lightly medicinal ("medicine"), resinous benzoin and some discreetly sweet smoking resin (What the man smoked with Allen Ginsberg?) wrapped around the dark-spicy rose. Could a Turkish steam bath ("whirlpool") be associated here? Or the place on the Thames in the mist of time, which for many hours wafts deep red, resinous, spicy like the magnificent but also dark history and present of the Savoys, before it says goodbye after about six to eight hours? He's not loud at any time. He is like me, Billy Pilgrim, undecided in time, classic and modern.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Penhaligon's

Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's Portraits - Changing Constance by Penhaligon's Sartorial by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Babylon by Penhaligon's Luna (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Blazing Mr Sam by Penhaligon's Portraits - Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Uncompromising Sohan by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti Leather by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal by Penhaligon's Portraits - Clandestine Clara by Penhaligon's Brilliantly British by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Bewitching Yasmine by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Belgravia Chypre by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - As Sawira by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's