Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti 2015

Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti by Penhaligon's
Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti is a popular perfume by Penhaligon's for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
CinnamonCinnamon
RoseRose
JasmineJasmine
CypressCypress
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla
SandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by Bertel, last update on 04.12.2021.

Close to perfection..........
Previously, I could not do anything with such fragrances.
Today I say "There is nothing more interesting than an oriental, spicy fragrance".
I don't even know if this one is oriental at all. But spicy it is. And so fine, round and wonderful that it gives you goosebumps.
I'm not usually such a Penhaligon fan. Blasted Heath reminded me of a wet dog. And the other ones I tested weren't that great either.
The Halfeti has exceeded expectations by 97.5%.
If you like "Journey" by Amouage, you'll like this one too.
He belongs in every Oriental collection. Also with me he will move in.
Sooner or later.
MlleTaffanel
The spice tree of knowledge
I'm now for a good month at Parfumo and already richer by 3 insights:
1. Patchouli is not always repulsive, but now and then quite good.
2. That which least fits the Beuteschema, surprises the most positive.
3. I like Penhaligon's.
The last realization hit me when I tested the Portraits up and down and found them all, sometimes more sometimes less, great. Especially "Bewitching Yasmine" with her chop - chop spice blend. That brought me to Halfeti, the Tolstoy of fragrance pyramids (compared to what I usually prefer). Or the Wagner - Opera, depending on what one the sense stands.
Admittedly, the top note is still rather classic masculine. But if that is once passé, I find the fragrance really decidedly unisex. Then comes to the freshness and spiciness namely still a clearly perceptible floral sweetness, which Halfeti moves strongly into the gender center. The individual fragrance notes, despite their opulence and massed appearance, are not overwhelming, but blend skillfully into one another. As a result, each time I sniff my wrist, I notice a different one of them more clearly. In between, I am overcome by the association of mint, although it is not listed at all (must be something else). Finally, a woody spice rose asserts itself, which I find terrific. I also perceive oud and patchouli, and again, I like the latter.
Halfeti accompanies me all day, even after the shower he waves me cheerfully and can not decide between male and female. Exactly that convinces me then, because drawers are there to be opened and concrete gender attributions are passé anyway. I guess that's the fourth insight within a month. Thanks for that!
Dzejmi
More than just a perfume
When first sprayed on the skin, a huge, small, strong cloud of fragrance develops. You smell something of everything and it resembles an overload. Gradually, the excitement subsides and something green crystallizes for me, something oud, something leathery and something sweet. My skin tends to intensify fragrances, so with this perfume, I hardly notice the floral notes at all, and the dominant notes trump everything.

The fragrance: for me 50% masculine, and 50% feminine, the born unisex fragrance! It smells objectively luxurious to me. I associate it with expensive objects, expensive clothes and individuals who have expensive tastes. However, when I googled the name ,,Halfeti'', I was very touched by the story behind it. There is talk of a partially sunken city in southeastern Anatolia - a Muslim Atlantis, with buildings still partially rising out of the water. Halfeti is the name of this place, which once existed entirely above sea level, and is world famous for its unique black roses.

This fragrance is incredibly versatile because I can associate with it both the hustle and bustle of the Champs-Élysées, as well as a past, simple life in the former Halfeti, which has nothing in common with the world as we know it today.

This fragrance doesn't trigger any fireworks-like feelings in me, but it does trigger wanderlust and a kind of romantic, loving sorrow. It's so much more than just a perfume ... it's a story. A story you begin to listen to and a journey you begin to take as soon as you get the pleasure of smelling the fragrance for the first time
Salva
In the villages of southeastern Anatolia...
Southeast Anatolia (or Southeast Anatolia) is one of the 7 geographical areas of modern Turkey. This region has officially existed as an independent territory since 1941 and comprises 9 of the 81 provinces that Turkey counts. Mainly, the region is divided into two sub-regions: Orta Firat Bölümü (on the Euphrates River) and Dicle Bölümü (on the Tigris River).

The region is predominantly inhabited by Kurds. The Kurds, a large people without their own independent state, make up about one fifth of Turkey's total population today alone. Countless grottos and lots of historical buildings among other things distinguish many counties in their area. Halfeti is one of these counties, which belongs to the province of Sanliurfa, located on the Syrian-Turkish border.
[...]

The name of the fragrance is derived from this very county, where there is a village - right on the banks of the river Euphrates - which is known for its deep red and bewitchingly fragrant roses. Inspired by various spices, exotic flowers, soft leather and other precious goods that arrived in London from Turkey at the beginning of the 19th century, this very fragrance was created by perfumer Christian Provenzano for the British perfume house Penhaligon's.

The whole precious and valuable treasures, which arrived at that time from the most different corners of the earth at the London port, were the reason and the inspiration for the beginning of the series consisting of five smells 'Trade Routes' from the house Penhaligon's.
[...]

The unique composition of the Halfeti's one actually determines immediately after the first testing already. It starts with a slightly bitter-tart-fresh mugwort note, which is supported by subtle green tones in their freshness.

But when the top note retreats, this mystical and intensely fragrant rose comes to the fore. In support, it brings some other floral acquaintances, which then give a rendezvous with many spices. In particular cardamom, caraway and saffron. In the heart, the Halfeti consequently shows its full spicy power, but it has in my eyes by the sensual and sublime rose something mysterious, which impresses me so.

To the base, the rose continues to retain the upper hand, however, woody nuances now come into play here, which replace the spices and let the fragrance become "drier", where I smell in particular cedar and my beloved patchouli. A minimal hint of vanilla gives the fragrance a delicate oriental touch.
[...]

For the summer he is mMn certainly not suitable, because v.a. the spices would be too much of a good thing here. I see him most in autumn and also on cooler spring days. On occasions, I think you can wear it - discreetly dosed - both at work (I write deliberately not office, because there are also people who have no "office job"), as well as in the evening when going away.

Due to the quite prominent notes in the heart, it lasts very well. On my skin I perceive him about 7-8 h, and in the first 2-3 h he leaves quite a larger cloud of fragrance behind. Say you are guaranteed to be noticed in his environment by other people.
Conclusion:

In my eyes, this Halfeti is one of the most interesting, fascinating and exciting fragrances that I was allowed to get to know so far. The whole story behind the fragrance as well as the smell itself impress me. And as a rose fan and basically lover of spicy-woody fragrances, I am so taken with it that it has landed on my wish list.

My thanks go to my dear button nose, who has spoiled me very much by her package and so I was allowed to know this beguiling, spicy-woody fragrance with floral core.

[...]
And thank you all for reading!
A fragrant encounter in Covent Garden
This is my first review, so bear with me if it's not quite as nicely embellished here as experienced perfumos.... :)

In February 2020, just before Corona was to rule our lives, my fiancé and I were in London together. A few beautiful days in my favourite city it was to be.
A must when visiting London is, among other things, Covent Garden. Here you can eat great and visit small, fine shops. Since my fiancé has never been to London, this was one of our first destinations of our trip.

After dinner, we strolled through the Great Hall, past the many beautiful little boutiques and shops. And then:
''..Wait a minute....what was that...?'' A beautiful, indefinable, almost magical scent rose to our noses. ''What was that?" we looked around and stood in front of a small perfumery. The scent wouldn't let me go and I would have loved to look around the little shop and search for THE perfume, however, the little shop was so crowded that I quickly put the thought aside and we moved on.
But beautiful it was, the indefinable fragrance..

A few days later, towards the end of our trip, we were out and about on Regent Street. A bit of shopping and strolling past the shops...what could be better?
And suddenly, there it was again: THE fragrance! Right in front of us, this scent was emitted by means of a fine pipe from the shop onto the street. Which shop? Penhaligon's London!
Penhaligons? Never heard of it before.

The store was almost completely empty, so we went in and immediately asked a lovely staff member what that fragrance was, which lured you into the store out there as if hypnotized!?
She showed us the little seducer and there it was: Halfeti.
We sprayed us the fragrance on and immediately rose this incomparable fragrance in the nose. A bit what herbes - Was that about Oud? - A bit of rose, but also something soft, vanilliges joined. Simply a beautiful fragrance.
With a price of over 200 Pound/Euro but not quite cheap, but definitely worth its price!
Nevertheless, we decided initially against a purchase, but received from the dear employee a silk cloth, on which Halfeti as a souvenir again generously perpetuate Durfte.

Also weeks after our journey, was smelled again and again at said silk cloth and we revelled in memory of the beautiful London. ''Man darling, this scent is soo special and just out of this world, isn't it?" how right he is.

When my fiancé had then in September birthday, I knew quite quickly what it should be: In addition to a beautiful hoodie, he was allowed to enjoy his own, 100 ml Halfeti.
Only him? No - I wear the fragrance also insanely happy. Successful win-win situation I would say, or?

London, oh London, when we wear Halfeti, you're suddenly close again..

Most wearable Oud ever!
Halfeti is one of the most wearable oud fragrances I ever smelled. I can smell that grapefruit cypress right away which freshens up this whole composition. Spicy heart of nutmeg and cumin intertwines with the best flowers like saffron, violet and rose. Leather, oud and resins blended with perfectly balanced tonka, vanilla and creamy sandalwood.
Masterful blend by Mr. Christian Provenzano.

This fragrance is special! Lasted all day on my skin with moderate to strong sillage. Everybody will ask you what you're wearing but no one will find it offensive. Great for business meetings, for a night out, nice dinner, family gatherings.
Smoetn
Full speed ahead, Captain!
Since there was no comment on this fragrance for a long time, I thought I breathe this fragrance times again a little new life, because he has definitely deserved.

To preface it - Halfeti by Penhaligon is a very special fragrance. Classically, you would probably describe him as a rose oud fragrance, but Halfeti can do so much more. Originating from the Halfeti district in the province of Şanlıurfa in southeastern Turkey on the banks of the Euphrates River, Penhaligon drew inspiration here from the abundant goods that Britain traded with Turkey. There are said to be roses here, so dark and mysterious with an intense crimson hue that they appear black.

Thus Halfeti belongs also consequently to the "Trade Routes Collection". Here Penhaligon tries through five different fragrances the Riecheden back to the time when London was booming and quickly became the trading capital of the world and was one of the largest ports in the world with a fleet of polished mahogany ships stacked with fine fabrics and rare, exotic foods. Halfeti is the fifth and final throw of this fragrance house on this occasion. And what can I say, I personally think this one has succeeded beautifully.

To the fragrance

Halfeti starts explosively with all kinds of fragrances, so that you could really think you're in the middle of a fully loaded ship full of herbs and all kinds of exotic goods. It's difficult to discern clear scents here, but I'll try anyway: the scent starts slightly fresh, but at the same time herbaceous and tart. Certainly due to the mountain moth in combination with the mugwort. At the same time, you can perceive something "green", for me still most straw, as strange as it may sound. In the heart note, which starts relatively quickly, it gets really difficult. Certainly floral (the above-mentioned rose), slightly spicy and bitter (cumin) as well as some sweetness (cinnamon). Where I really can not smell the individual fragrances in detail, but rather in the total amount guess. Over time, the oud then comes more and more to the fore and pairs with pleasant woody scents.

So the fragrance then remains for the next 7 to 8 hours on the skin. The sillage is strong, but not too strong and the bottle comes fine "gentleman-like" with a light green bow tie therefore.

For me, Halfeti is a fragrance that is very dense and can score with a variety of fragrance notes at the same time. Yet, despite the rose, it is an epitome of masculinity. The scent is labeled as a unisex fragrance, but to me, it's clearly a men's scent. Imagine the captain and his men on said ships, sitting together in the midst of their cargo, planning the route and smoking cigars. That's why I think the target group is over 30 and the seasons are winter and autumn. Incidentally, I think that Europeans in particular, not just people from the Orient, can wear this fragrance. Finally, the fragrances came yes on Turkey to England to be used there.

So who wants to be transported back in time, can imagine on a big ship together with his crew on deck to transport these great smells over the sea and at the same time masculine, complex and sensual smell, I recommend once Halfeti try. Certainly not a bargain, but it is worth trying out. From me a clear "full speed ahead, Captain!"

Opulent
Notes: Grapefruit, Bergamot, Green Notes, Armoise, Cypress, Cumin, Nutmeg, Violet, Saffron, Rose, Jasmine, Muguet, Leather, Oud, Amber, Resins, Tonka, Vanilla and Sandalwood

Perfumer: Christian Provenzano

A gorgeous, warm, inviting and an opulent scent. Halfeti, a beautiful blend of spices, florals (Rose being the prominent floral note), Leather, Woody Accords (Synthetic Oud note), Vanilla and Amber.

Great, complex, woody-sweet scent
When I was allowed to greet a good friend after a long time, I noticed that he smelled really wonderful. When asked what scent he would wear, he told me he was wearing Penhaligon's Halfeti. I already knew the brand from the Juniper Sling, which goes in a different direction, but is also a unique scent.

It was a sweetish scent that rose into my nose on a wooden plank and more and more interesting notes were added. An extraordinary fragrance composition, which is really incredibly complex. From fruity notes to floral notes to woods, just WOW!

After he told me that he had applied two splashes two hours ago, I was blown away by how strongly he projects and what a fantastic performance he has. Even at the end of the day, after many hours he was still perceptible in the air.

For those who find oud too animalistic and strong, this fragrance is a great way to wear oud, which is wonderfully masked by many other notes. Great scent, recommendation goes out!

KimJong
Elegance, this is truly elegance.
Generally I don't like Penhaligon's perfumes. My impression of this house is that it is too conservative, and most perfumes are plain enough to easily find a better alternative at a price of 1/10. But the exceptions are a few in the Trade Route Collection, especially As Sawira and Halfeti. Starting with an MFK-style creamy saffron, Halfeti's opening is very fantastic, and it's followed by polite spicy notes. And for a while a very complex and elegant cloud wraps up my body. The pleasant sensation feels like disappearing in hours, but actually it still remains. Halfeti is a type of perfume that suddenly detects a lost scent after half a day. The type of perfume that makes you hear, "Somewhere, it smells incredibly good... Oh, it was you!", Instead of "You've put on good perfume today."

DTCDTC 9 months ago
Madera especias y notas dulces. La mezcla es espectacular

5 ml Miniatur
by Bertel
by Coolrunner
by Coolrunner

Popular Penhaligon's

Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's Sartorial by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Babylon by Penhaligon's Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke by Penhaligon's Portraits - Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's Luna by Penhaligon's Portraits - Changing Constance by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - Lothair by Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Blazing Mr Sam by Penhaligon's Portraits - The Uncompromising Sohan by Penhaligon's Portraits - Clandestine Clara by Penhaligon's Belgravia Chypre by Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection - As Sawira by Penhaligon's Malabah (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Iris Prima by Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley (Eau de Toilette) by Penhaligon's Brilliantly British by Penhaligon's Artemisia (Eau de Parfum) by Penhaligon's Lavandula by Penhaligon's