Tea Rose 1972 Eau de Toilette

Tea Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Perfumer's Workshop
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Tea Rose (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Perfumer's Workshop for women and was released in 1972. The scent is floral-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Firmenich

Top Notes Top NotesPeony, Camomile
Heart Notes Heart NotesTea rose, Damask rose, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesGeranium leaf, Violet leaf, Cedarwood

Submitted by Eternity, last update on 19.04.2021.

DonJuanDeCat
Tea or no tea, that's the question?!
Hello, snoopers! Welcome to a new fragrance comment from me!
Today I am sniffing a fragrance sent to me by a very nice perfuma, which immediately aroused my interest. Of course, you can already guess that this is surely due to the fact that the term "tea" appears in the name. You know that I have to sniff everything that has to do with tea.

All right, this is more about the tea rose. Apart from the fact that I have never seen a tea rose or, more likely, that I did not recognize these flowers when I saw them (I mean, what do I know about plants??? :D), these roses are supposed to smell like tea. Other theories as to why these roses are called tea roses say that the Chinese liked to plant the roses in their tea gardens. Or that these roses were transported from Asia to Europe stored in tea chests. There are still some theories about the origin of the name, but firstly I don't want to bore you with them and secondly I am personally only interested in whether these roses really smell of tea.

Well... then I pour myself a glass of tea (although I'm in Turkey at the moment and we drink tea here all the time at any time of the day and at any opportunity... I'm PLACE at once, not to mention the fact that I have to go to the toilet all the time because of all the tea! :D) and sniff the scent!

A slightly diluted and floral scent is also present, I can't quite identify it, but I'm guessing lilies here.
Tea... well, I wouldn't necessarily say that the roses here really smell of tea. The most likely reason I would recommend chamomile tea here is because of the camomile, which is also quite nice.
After a short while the scent starts to smell much more intensely of roses, and every now and then you even get a little tea scent, but I can imagine this because I really want to smell tea!
In any case, it smells most like roses later on, the tea scent is hardly ever present, but there are fresh, green notes. Maybe a few light woods and sweetish notes, and that's it. All in all still okay, actually even beautiful, but still highly unspectacular.

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is okay, the scent is neither very strong nor really weak, so it could be perceived for a while from close to one. The durability is surprisingly long and lasts on the skin (although later weakly) for over twelve hours. Sometimes I could smell the scent very faintly even the next morning at the sprayed area.

So you can test it if you want, but you shouldn't have too many expectations. I also find that there are better scents of roses. Apart from that, as I said, I am slightly disappointed that I smell little to hardly any tea here, which was the main reason why I tried the scent. Well, you just can't have everything, I know that from women you would like to have and... uhhh... yes,... well :D

I can now console myself with the fact that I could drink another cup of tea, or Turkish coffee for a change, even if I run the risk of wanting to "read" the rest of my coffee afterwards, which is then traditionally turned over so that the viscous residue can run onto the small plate on which the cup is placed. This is a kind of fortune-telling, but I'm not interested in it at all and I have been hearing the same song from all the "fortune tellers" for years:
"You'll soon come to a great success; something unexpected full of positive things will happen soon; you'll find a great woman!" ... pffft... If all this were true, I would be an astronaut, I would have had countless great women to date and I would be a billionaire! Coffee fortune tellers. i mean, really... DD

Well, that's it, then. I wish you all a nice evening, see you next time :)

Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose
I am in love with this stuff. For a rose fragrance lover such as myself, this is a must-have! It's fairly linear, a pure rose. A fresh, bright, deep, gorgeous bouquet of dewey roses with the greenery. It's so nice! For it's price point, it really can't be beat. You basically get a jug of it for dirt cheap and even though it doesn't cost much, it smells way more expensive than it's price tag suggests.

One of my favourite things about this scent is it's versatilty. You can use it for layering with other fragrances. For example, today I did one spray of Tea Rose and one spray of Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb and it smelled heavenly! Getting whiffs of this all day while at work, made me very happy! I can see why rose in male fragrances in the middle east is such a popular trend! The only thing that I would caution people on is to go light on the trigger with Tea Rose. Do not overspray this one! One or two sprays is all you need! If oversprayed, it's too strong. This scent is a powerhouse. Not in a dated, old-fashioned sense though. It manages to be a throw-back while still maintaining a modern vibe. It's really well done. If you're not a fan of rose, you will most definitely not like this.

I am thrilled to finally have this in my collection. I wanted to try Jo Malone London Red Roses but didn't want to shell out the money for it. Now I don't feel like I have to. I'm quite happy with this and it didn't break the bank!

I'm four again...
Tea Rose: simple, red garden rose... - as a child I picked rose petals and put them in water ; I was four years old when I was there. Then I was very surprised that I didn't find any rose water the next day, crushed the rose petals with my fingers and rubbed me with this flower mash.
Doesn't it really sound like a beautiful rose experience? But, for me it was fascinating, I loved this greenish watery, grassy flowery smell. My mother amused herself about my rose water experiments, then immediately explained to me that unfortunately no durable rose perfume can be produced in this way, which saddened me very much.
Luckily, in my adult life, there's Tea Rose!
"Tea Rose" captures exactly that rose scent from my childhood. It is not an elaborate perfume, not a complex creation, does not smell of multifaceted, heavy rose oil based on patchouli or the like and does not undergo any development.
In his "Perfume Guide" Luca Turin names Anna Buzantian as the nose behind "Tea Rose" and describes the fragrance as one of the first niche fragrances ever. That again I find very exciting, because personally the simplicity of "Tea Rose" fascinates me so much and The Perfumer's Workshop is not normally considered a "niche house" today.
Also the price of "Tea Rose" does not speak at present for "niche", for 14 € one finds in the net a 120 ml bottle of the carefree rose summer happiness.
By the way, "Tea Rose" has much more fans in other forums than here. On Fragrantica it is really celebrated by many users (and that for years). I even have a perfume buddy who thinks he can't live without Tea Rose.
I wouldn't go that far.
The memory of the rose hedge in our garden, of my bowl with the collected flowers is enough for me... - innocent scent of a carefree childhood

Powdery, Jammy Turkish Delight
When I first read the reviews on this fragrance, I thought it would smell like a tea party in a rose garden, or a bouquet displayed a table amongst the petit fours and tea sandwiches. The first few moments after the fragrance is applied, I noticed it smelled more like rose flavoured Turkish delight. From what I've noticed, the rose does not change much from its jammy nature as it dries down, but the fragrance does become less rosy and more powdery and sweet with time. I was disappointed because I expected it to be more fresh and less sweet. I may learn to love it and it does become more appealing the longer it is worn. I suppose I should have expected that I would not enjoy it. Given the time period it was made and that it was known to be Princess Diana's fragrance I should have known it would not be the fresh or sensual rose fragrances I typically go for. Though I am interested in vintage, it may be that I am a bit too young to enjoy it.

Pure Rosebush...
This may seem like a simple fragrance, but it's stunning and beautiful in it's simplicity. A very realistic rose perfume with a super accurate rose note. With this one I get the green leaves, as well as the dewy petals in the morning sun. Absolutely gorgeous. This is a perfume which is not trying to do anything else other than capture the essence, the experience of smelling a rose bush in full bloom. Not an oriental rose with amber or labdanum or vanilla etc... but instead letting the flower speak for itself, with no pretensions.

A completely authentic smelling rose fragrance, and for the money, perhaps one of the best on the market. If you are a rose lover, hands down this should be one to own or at least try. Perfect quality for the price. I'm highly impressed.
2.5

Roomful of roses!
Just picked up this gem at Marshall's super cheap (price not smell). One spray on my inner wrist and the whole room smells like a huge bouquet of fresh roses, very realistic, greenery and all. I really do not get any other notes in this. I love roses but think I will need to be the right mood to wear it without it being too much. Sillage & trail is big on me and seems to last forever, but I will have to find a different way to wear it as it left a bright yellow spot on my wrist, like I was tagged with a highlighter.

Like a rose bush!
From first spray, this is gives you rose. But it isn't a standalone rose, oh no. This is one that comes with its stalk and leaves - even the entire bush!

When I spray this on, the first image that comes to mind is that of a rose garden, all in full bloom. The skies are blue, with the occasional cloud lazily drifting across the sky as you walk through the garden. And as you walk down the rows of bushes, you lean in to pick one stalk up - this is just what it is.

I've not noticed it developing much, but I could be mistaken, as I often miss notes.

Sillage is very good. It makes itself known, but not obtrusively so. Longevity on me was a little over 6 hours, which is great on my fume-drinking skin.

All in all, a rose that isn't overtly rosy, but very true to its nature.

Rich Scent, Poor Scent
On my desk is a 50 ml bottle of perfume that cost my husband $220. Next to it is a 120 ml bottle of perfume that cost me $14.99 and I see it can be had for less (currently $8.49 at The Perfume Spot). The first one is FM's Une Rose, the second is Tea Rose by The Perfumer's Workshop. The top notes are different -- Tea Rose flowery, Une Rose full of dank, armomatic wine lees, dark geranium and the herbal, apple-like blue chamomile. Tea Rose's ultra flowery top note quickly dissipates, though, while Une Rose's top does not. What we're left with is a wearable, beautifully realistic quite woody, ambery rose in Tea Rose and a beautifully realistic ISO-Supery dark one in Une Rose that could be considered less wearable, reeking throughout as it does, if majestically in my opinion. Do I think Une Rose is worth 25 times more? No! These are country and city cousins, both utterly gorgeous, one rich, one poor.

p.s. Having since looked up the history, I see I'm not by myself. When it was introduced in '72, Tea Rose became an "instant classic" adored by Princesses Grace of Monaco and Diana, among illustrious others, its creator a maverick who meant for everyone to enjoy his perfumes.

10 ft. Rose
4oz bottle, $7.00 at TJMAXX. Can't beat that with a 10 ft. rose.
Let the layering begin! Rose vanilla. Rose blackberry. Rose peach. A rose can be a rose by many other names when you layer the love.

The promised rose garden
I love single floral scents and Tea Rose is real rose essence. I started wearing this as a replacement for Avon's Roses Roses when it was discontinued in the 70's. The price is very inexpensive and the perfume never comes across as cheap smelling like an old fashioned air freshner. I wish Perfumers workshop had made the box a beautiful rose pink and tinted the perfume faintly rose colored...that would have been perfect for this lovely fragrance.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
3.5
An enduring scent for spring and summer...wear it alone or layered!

by Cincy
by IIespresso
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Perfumer's Workshop

Samba / Mambo Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Mesk by Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Jasmin by Perfumer's Workshop Samba for Men / Mambo Man (Eau de Toilette) by Perfumer's Workshop Watercolors by Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Amber by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Natural Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose (Eau de Parfum) / Parfum Tea Rose by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Heat Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Kiss Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Zipped Rebel by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Nova Femme by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Nova Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Perfumer's Workshop Zipped Premier by Perfumer's Workshop Foulard by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Ice Man by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Ice Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Pink by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Steel by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Fresh Man by Perfumer's Workshop