Tea Rose Jasmin 1975

Tea Rose Jasmin by Perfumer's Workshop
Tea Rose Jasmin is a perfume by Perfumer's Workshop for women and was released in 1975. The scent is floral-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLily-of-the-valley, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Tuberose, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Rosewood, Sandalwood

Submitted by Lilith, last update on 15.09.2020.

Beautiful, Fresh, Delicate Jasmine
Top Notes: Lily of the Valley, Rose.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Tuberose, Cedar.

Base Notes: Amber, Rosewood, Sandalwood.

Wow! Tea Rose Jasmin is an unexpectedly beautiful fragrance. I have heard many perfume lovers sing Tea Rose's praises, and whilst I do like Tea Rose, I never thought it was anything very special. It was okay for the price point, but there are other rose fragrances that are much more impressive to my nose. Tea Rose Jasmin, however, is a stunner for the price point. This is a beautiful, clean, fresh, delicate jasmine on my skin. I have totally fallen for its charms.

I do not detect any notes other than the jasmine, but that is fine by me because I bought it because it is basically a jasmine soliflore. That was exactly what I wanted from it. The only complaint I have is its performance. Projection and sillage are quite good for the first 1-2 hours, but then it begins to fade to a skin scent, and by the end of the perhaps the 3rd hour, it is barely detectable. However, I use it much like a body spray. I easily use 10 or more sprays, and for a short while, I am bathed in the most lovely, sweet, and enchanting jasmine. For the price point, this is a very good fragrance, and I do not mind reapplying. I love this one so much that I must stop myself from spraying my linens and the air around me. It is so pleasant. It can be worn anywhere. Wear this in hot weather to feel refreshed and smell great. Wear it in cold weather to remind you of warm Spring days and chilly evenings that will eventually give way to hot Summer, and you will have come full circle.

If you love jasmine as a note, you owe it to yourself to try Tea Rose Jasmin. If you are a little wary of jasmine because it can sometimes be a bit heavy and indolic, you owe it to yourself to try Tea Rose Jasmin because I think it will convert you into a jasmine lover. This fragrance is suitable for any age and any venue. I find it rather feminine, but men who love jasmine should not overlook this gentle beauty. If it had the performance of vintage YSL Opium, the quality ingredients of Malle Une Rose, the shimmer of Chanel Coromandel, and the classic, eternal elegance of Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (or any classic Guerlain!) , I would award it five stars in every category and deem it signature worthy. It still might be signature worthy for jasmine lovers on a tight budget. I would purchase this fragrance again and again. I have been wearing it for several days in a row now and just cannot seem to tire of it.

Fragrance: 7/10
Projection: 7/10 for the first couple of hours.
Sillage: 7/10 for the first couple of hours.
Longevity: 5/10

Value for price point: 8/10

Winning Rose Jasmine
If I'd had Tea Rose Jasmine when I wrote my Jasmine Sniff Fest, it would have made the finals along with 9 other matchless beauties I found: Serge Lutens A La Nuit, Creed’s Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, Montale Jasmin Full, Demeter’s Jasmine, Diptyque’s Olene, Odalisque by Nicolai, La Route d’Emeraude, Magnetic Scent Untitled # 1 and, Enlevement au Serail by MDCI. Tea Rose Jasmine reminds me a bit of Demeter's Jasmine, also Olene. They both have a beautiful and rich green note and so does this. Tea Rose Jasmine came along 3 years after Tea Rose. It has essentially the same formula, per their respective notes pyramids, except Jasmine is obviously amped up here and Rose there. For more than twenty years, The Perfumer's Workshop lived with these two classics until, in 1999 they introduced two more -- Tea Rose Musk and Tea Rose Amber. They hit those two out of the park as well. Hard to believe perfumes so gorgeous are such bargains. Tea Rose Jasmine is initially strong but calms down into lasting loveliness.

Popular Perfumer's Workshop

Tea Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Perfumer's Workshop Samba / Mambo Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Mesk by Perfumer's Workshop Watercolors by Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Amber by Perfumer's Workshop Samba for Men / Mambo Man (Eau de Toilette) by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Natural Woman by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Nova Femme by Perfumer's Workshop Samba Nova Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Perfumer's Workshop Zipped Premier by Perfumer's Workshop