Rose de Taif (2013) Eau de Parfum

Rose de Taif (Eau de Parfum) by Perris Monte Carlo

Rose de Taif (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Perris Monte Carlo for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Luca Maffei

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Nutmeg, Geranium
Heart Notes Heart NotesTaif rose
Base Notes Base NotesDamask rose absolute, Musk

Submitted by Mondhexe, last update on 13.09.2019

My 2 cents
I don’t get the enthusiasm about Rose de Taif. And I had some kind of expectations about this, as apparently this is the first Perris Monte Carlo scent which is not a mere rebranding - and repricing - of an Alyssa Ashley scent (not that they rip them off, eh – it’s simply the same company). And although I am not the finest connoisseur of roses around, I do like the rose note quite often. I’ve even some drops of an Arabian ta’if rose oil at home, so I have a rough idea of how this rose smells. Well anyway, honestly Rose de Taif was so depressing instead. To my evidently disfunctioning nose it opens and stays as a tacky, clumsy, loud, unnecessarily powerful and incredibly annoying proper scrubber which smells more of, simply put, a blast of geraniol and citral, or anyway, of a floor cleaner scented with rose, geranium and citrus. Gallons of these. So chemical and harsh. A floor cleaner or a mosquito repellent, you choose. Either way, something I wouldn’t really want to wear unless I want to keep mosquitos away. I don’t question the fact this contains real rose extracts: if it does, it’s just criminal to waste them like this. Or anyway, whatever this contains, the smell is just... bad, for me.

4/10

Very wonderful
This fragrance is one of the best perfumes roses at all.
Note: The prices of real taif rose oil is very very high , 3.0 grams of 270 $
(At home and the only original (western Saudi Arabia))
7.5 10.0 6.0/10

Less Lemon
I picked up a sample the other day, expecting to fall in love with this scent but for me it has a flaw. The strongly lemon top note refuses to die down and let the roses take center stage. Yes, they're there, but so overpowered that even 15 minutes in you may as well have dropped rosebuds in a pitcher of lemonade, rind and all. If you're a citrus lover, this could work because the roses are beautiful, the nutmeg gives a hint of spice and the musk is potentially sexy -- assuming the overall effect doesn't make you purse your lips, not for a kiss, but to ward off the acidity. The card actually lists citronella as well as lemon and perhaps that's where Rose de Taif went wrong. It smells a bit like mosquito spray. I'll sample it again another day, just to be sure.

by Splashfrag12