Oud - Saffron Rose Absolute 2015

Oud - Saffron Rose Absolute by Perry Ellis
Oud - Saffron Rose Absolute is a popular perfume by Perry Ellis for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Falic Fashion Group.

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish saffron, Black Halfeti rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesLabdanum, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwood, Oud

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.02.2021.

Beautiful Saffron, Rose and Oud Combo
I wasn't expecting such a gorgeous and niche scent from Perry Ellis. For a designer fragrance Saffron Rose Absolute (Oud), is one of the best from the Perry Ellis line up. It's not beast mode and you could wear this day or night. I would probably suggest spring, fall and winter wear. Not sure if I would wear this to the office. Good job Perry Ellis!

Carlitos01
Slightly dirty rose & saffron in a woody oudy warm sweet Elixir
I love this slightly dirty rose & saffron, woody, oudy, sweet, warm scent.
I see it as unisex as many seem to rate it as well, so of course you can wear it if you are a man. To me it has a distinct masculine feel or at least it makes me feel like a distinct man.
Many times I wear it for myself at home, sharing it justwith my wife in my intimate space .
In my wife's opinion this fragrance is quite masculine and sexy.
After (3) sprays there is a strong oud blast for a few seconds, but then rose and saffron take over with the oud always present in the background. While the flowers fade out very slowly, I pick also a leathery/ambery/fume scent that I attribute to labdanum and incense.
A sandalwood note blends perfectly with the oud during the dry down.
Performance is average for this type of notes, meaning that is above average if compared with non Oud fragrances.

My rates for Saffron Rose Absolute::
- Scent Opening:...........8.5 (my judgement)
- Scent Drydown:..........8.5 (really plesant)
- Longevity:...................8.5 ( 8+ hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:.........................7.5 (4~5 feet at the peak, projects for 2~2.5 hours)
- Versatility:...................7.5 (avoid using it in hot weather; very good for many situations in normal and cold weather provided you hang out with oriental scents lovers; It's far from being cloying like many oriental fragrances, due to its smothness)
- Wearability:.................8.0 (better than with most oud fragrances; avoid places where you may swet)
- Compliments...............8.0 (Yes it is compliment grabber due to its smothness and pleasant notes; It's not an head turner but it's very sexy)
- Uniqueness:.................8.5 (I do own more that 100 oud fragrances and none is 100% simalar to this one. I find it close to Amouage Lyric man which I don't own)
- Quality:.........................9.0 (smells expensive and classy; excelent sprayer; heavy glass)
- Presentation:...............9.5 (very classy bottle, very nice box)
- Price:.............................9.0 (€23 for 100 ml + VAT)

Average: 8.41/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Excelent fragrance; I do recomend it.
I consider it to be worthy of deserving a place in many niche perfumists offer. I strongly disagree with some very negative reviews I read about this fragrance.
It's less sweet than its Black Vanilla Absolute brother (sister?) from Perry Ellis, and I like it just the way it is.
I found a bit of similarity between this fragrance and Rosam from Histoires de Parfums. Unfortunately this resemblance is noted only from memory as I don't own Rosam and only tried it twice.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It has a distinct masculine feel. I pick a divine leathery/ambery/fume accord besides the dominating dirty rose/saffron/woody/oudy frame.

Reiseproviant
by Carlitos01
by Carlitos01

Popular Perry Ellis

Oud - Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis 360° Red for Men by Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis Oud - Vetiver Royale Absolute by Perry Ellis 360° White for Men by Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for Men (1985) (Cologne) by Perry Ellis Night by Perry Ellis 360° for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis 360° Black for Men by Perry Ellis America for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis 360° for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis Reserve for Women by Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for Men (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Spirited by Perry Ellis f by Perry Ellis 360° Purple by Perry Ellis Perry for Him by Perry Ellis 360° Green by Perry Ellis Portfolio for Men by Perry Ellis