Perry Ellis for Men 1985Cologne

Version from 1985
Perry Ellis for Men (1985) (Cologne) by Perry Ellis
Perry Ellis for Men (1985) (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Perry Ellis for men and was released in 1985. The scent is leathery-spicy. It was last marketed by Falic Fashion Group.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Moss, Vanilla

Submitted by Easyfish, last update on 05.11.2020.

DryScent
An assault to the senses
I love the nostalgia of fragrances from the 80's & 90's and was very curious about this scent since it had such a good rating and the price was very affordable. I decided to blind purchase this scent and was excited when I received it today. After spraying it on my wrist I immediately regretted the purchase as the smell definitely wasn't for me. This has a strong pungent presence that I was not prepared for and quickly elevated to an assault to my senses. There is nothing I can smell that would in my mind project favorably to the fairer sex and may be a deterrent. Matter of fact my dogs wouldn't even get near me to be petted. This may be a good scent if you deliberately wanted to turn somebody off or if you intended on breaking up with someone. I guess this is either a love or hate kind of fragrance and I would fall in the latter category and not my cup of tea. Now to figure out what I am going to do with 5 ounces of this mess and may just throw it away since I am not going to wear it. I gave the scent a 1 and that was being generous.
ShaunBaker
Spicy woody leather firecracker of the old school.
Now that Parfumo shows the actual version, i.e. the cologne, I would like to change my comment fundamentally so that there is no more confusion:

The EdC, which I had fortunately acquired in the original version, starts fresh for a short time, but immediately leathery notes can be sensed here, which become more and more evident in the course of the fragrance. Woody, although not listed, also shows itself from its rough side. From other sources I could find the following ingredients:

Carnation, oakmoss, galban resin, vanilla, bergamot, rose, leather, aldehyde, basil, green notes, lemon, lavender, lemon verbena, fruity notes, jasmine, thyme, mandarin orange, pepper, allspice, cyclamen, ambergrimony, benzoin, frankincense, musk, tonka bean, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, civet oil and opopanax.

Because of the olfactory club you get offered, I find that credible! Very spicy and flowery leathery in the base. At times it makes me think a little bit of Yatagan from Caron In addition, I must mention that the fragrance as "cologne" is quite strong and lasts relatively long.

So much for my "old" comment.

Additionally I have to say: after extensive testing of some 70s and 80s fragrances, vintage cologne has emerged as one of my most sacred treasures. Here you definitely get something offered and with the right choice of clothes, of course also the right situation, PE Cologne accompanies a man for a few hours with a great scent. If the scent was not so difficult to find, or if we were in 1985, I would wear it every day, but for that it is too bad. Every single sprayer of my 150ml bottle remains something special!
2.5

Beautiful Leathery Chypre Fragrance
Perry Ellis for Men is one of my all-time favorite fragrances of its type. Sadly it has been discontinued but is still readily available online for a reasonable price.

This fragrance opens with a harsh blast of bergamot and clove. Totally over the top and typical of so many fragrances from the 1980s. However, after the initial blast, this dries down into a spicy, mossy and leathery fragrance made smooth by vanilla. Sillage at this point is powerful but not powerhouse. It is really very elegant and lovely at this point (and more complex than the notes would suggest). Longevity is very good, about 7 hours on my skin.

Overall this is an excellent fragrance and a real bargain. Get it while you can.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
A faint scent and poor perfomance like an EdC. I blind bought this one due to positive reviews and I got it really cheap. I am deceived!

by Flaconneur
by Flaconneur
by Daljit
by Daljit
by ShaunBaker
by ShaunBaker

Popular Perry Ellis

Oud - Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis 360° Red for Men by Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis Oud - Vetiver Royale Absolute by Perry Ellis 360° White for Men by Perry Ellis Oud - Saffron Rose Absolute by Perry Ellis Night by Perry Ellis 360° for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis 360° Black for Men by Perry Ellis America for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis 360° for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis Reserve for Women by Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for Men (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Spirited by Perry Ellis f by Perry Ellis 360° Purple by Perry Ellis Perry for Him by Perry Ellis 360° Green by Perry Ellis Portfolio for Men by Perry Ellis