m by Perry Ellis

m is a popular perfume by Perry Ellis for men and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-spicy. It was last marketed by Falic Fashion Group.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin leaf, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesBalsam fir, Purple sage, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Ashton, last update on 16.07.2019.

6.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

An alluring capital m
[short review]
Sometimes I buy perfumes just because I am curious about them, after reading a review, or hearing a well stated opinion.
When that happens and the perfume is inexpensive (like "m"), I just buy the flask. Porsuing a sample or a decant may be tiresome and sometimes the final expense is bigger that the cost of "the real thing".
Many times, when a blind buy of an inexpensive perfume happens, I just end up with another unused scent in my closet.
"m" is really inexpensive, hard or impossible to find in my country and has been extensively recommended by a Youtube reviewer that I don't really care or trust. So... I just blind ordered it a couple of years ago!
"m" turned out to be a gem and I still really like it a lot.

It has a strong vibe of Allure Homme, although I don't consider it a clone, with an all-around type of spiciness and sweetness that makes it particularly eclectic and versatile, besides having a scent that I particulary like. On top of it, the flask is really handy to carry in one's pocket.
It could be another very aromatic gourmand with cinnamon, vanilla, tonka and star anise, but the seasoning with fir and cashmere wood proved to be very effective.
All the people around me like it and it turned out to be an unexpected compliment getter. The performance isn't great, but not too bad either.

Happy whiffs!
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

MMMMMMMMMMM
M A letter that has it well.

The letter M is often mistakenly referred to as an "inverted W", but the letter W is correctly an inverted M. The M occurs in several melodic words that only underline its uniqueness, such as....

-Flour lye
-Menopause tea
-Micropipette

etc.
The other day on Sesame Street...

"Hey, you!"
-Who, me?
"Psssst! - (lower)"!
-Who, me?"
"Exactly......Would you like to buy an M?"
- A M?
-a m?
"Genaaaaaah...one that smells a lot like Chanel Allure"
-Like ALLURE?
-like Allure?
"Genaaaaaah..... this one's an M. It starts with a fresh aniseed scent paired with a little sage."
-SALBEI?
"Psssst! Quieter"!
-sage? That sounds delicious!
"It is! A little later cinnamon will be added, that will be really sweet."
-Oh, I like sweet smells, that sounds like a very sweet M. What can I do with an M like this? "You can spray it on and smell it!"
-RIECHEN?
-you can smell that?
"Genaaaaau.......and later it becomes vanilla and nice woody, here you notice the resemblance to the Allure"
-But what if I already have Allure? Do I still need a M?
"You always need an M. I'll let you have it for an unbeatable price."
-But my Allure lasts long. Can this M also?
"8h are here nothing"
-That sounds really nice your M. Maybe I should buy it.
"You should buy it, and Bert should get one right away. I'm telling you, he'll be thrilled. That's better than the Allure."

Yes also James Bond smells like M says Q and made the calculation without V- the aliens. But Agent K and Agent J were on the spot and everything was O K

Now a plate of alphabet soup.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

So yummy.
It's been a while since I had Allure Homme. And I have to admit, back then it didn't really knock me out of my shoes.
But this "M" here is the absolute hammer. The relationship to Allure can definitely not be denied. But it smells even better to me. Softer, more pleasant, tastier etc.....
Not to mention the ridiculous price you pay for it. Total class.
And I was very reluctant at first whether I should treat myself to this blind purchase. Thank God I did. It remains in the collection and will be bought again if necessary.
2.0 5.0 5.0 2.5/10

Sanji
one of the few bad recommendations from Jeremy
Normally I agree with almost all of Jeremy's recommendations I have discovered through him this passion and found many great scents. But I don't understand that recommendation. Smells for me if I had to describe it like rotten, synthetic crème brûlée. I love winter scents, but this one doesn't work. I had to do the dishes.
7.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Hitchslap
Yes, smells like...............but better in it's own way
Yes, very much like Allure Homme by the great house of Chanel.

Though I do prefer this much more so, why?
First off.....pricepoint, so much cheaper!

Second-darker, in my opinion, Allure has white flower notes like Jasmine, Gardenia and such along with peach making it not only softer but powdery.

Third: This is more masculine, Allure's white flower, peach and coconut notes give it a feminine leaning.

Fourth; long lasting and great projection.
As I write this it is the middle of winter here in the northern hemisphere and such a great time of year for Perry Ellis' M.

Sweet and dry - Good choice for fall and winter
I do not get much cinnamon from this, but something akin to a fresh tobacco accord. Of course, cinnamon is listed as a note and tobacco is not; so, take my words with a grain of salt.
As far as I can tell, people who like CK One Shock for Men might find this a good choice for fall and winter. It might be a little too sweet and dry for summer. I do not suggest that CK Shock and PE m smell alike, (or even close), but at least for me, they fill similar spots in the rotation. PE m is sweeter, and less tobacco-ey than Shock, and Shock seems to project and last somewhat better than PE m. At any rate, a pretty good choice at current prices (as of December 2015) for people who do not have anything against any of the listed notes.

Carlitos01 21 months ago
This fragrance is really alluring.
I am glad it does not smell too much like Chanel's Allure. It's a bit sweeter and more casual.+6
6.0
MrHonest 24 months ago
Cinnamon, vanilla, tonka bean and musk are the outstanding notes. Really musky. Apply 2 hours before sexy time. Great success.+3
6.0

Ein Preis-Leistungs-Traum
by Chansn
by AsgardHD
by AsgardHD

Popular Perry Ellis

360° Red for Men by Perry Ellis Oud - Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis Oud - Vetiver Royale Absolute by Perry Ellis 360° White for Men by Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for Men (1985) (Cologne) by Perry Ellis 360° for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Oud - Saffron Rose Absolute by Perry Ellis Night by Perry Ellis 360° Black for Men by Perry Ellis America for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis 360° for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Spirited by Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for Men (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Perry Ellis Aqua by Perry Ellis Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis Reserve for Women by Perry Ellis America for Women by Perry Ellis Perry for Him by Perry Ellis 360° Green by Perry Ellis