Cendres de Thé 2011

Cendres de Thé by Phaedon
Cendres de Thé is a perfume by Phaedon for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
Smoky notesSmoky notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCamphor woodCamphor wood
RoseRose
TeaTea
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
MyrrhMyrrh
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.07.2021.

A Mad Dream
What I smell here so reminds me of Angeliques Sous La Pluie that I wonder if I am smelling the same chemical. Although I haven't tried a sample of Iso E Super I wonder if what I smell in this and in ASLP is Iso E Super.

Cendres de The smells vague, artificial, musky, kind of like cedarwood, campourous, a touch bright like lemon, maybe a bit rosey, but it is all so ethereal, not really any of those things, very soft but strangely very present giving a feeling of being hungover that it feels less like a perfume and more like some mad dream.

After an hour there was hardly any scent left on my skin but occasionally during my testing it suddenly radiated very strongly for perhaps 10 minutes or so before retreating back into its corner.

It makes me feel a bit faint so definitely not for me.
2.5
2.5

Not enough "there" there
This is a lovely, quietly spicy scent evoking clean cedar and lightly spiced tea. A room that smelled like this would be beautifully tranquil. Unfortunately, it hardly projects at all even when first applied. After three hours, a beautiful but faint cedar is all that's left. While this isn't at ultra-niche prices (currently $125 USD for 100 ml at Luckyscent), it is still expensive enough that I'd like to smell it at a distance of more than 10 cm and for a time longer than 3 hours. Because of its weakness, I would rather wear another contemplative woody scent with some power to it, like Comme des Garcons Wonderwood.

Popular Phaedon

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend by Phaedon Sable Marocain / Morocco Sand by Phaedon Rouge Avignon by Phaedon Black Vetiver by Phaedon Rue des Lilas by Phaedon Oliban / Grisens by Phaedon Dzhari by Phaedon Lentisque / Spanish Bush by Phaedon Antigua by Phaedon Oriental Mint / Noir Marine by Phaedon Sable & Soleil by Phaedon Poivre Colonial by Phaedon L'Eau de Phaedon by Phaedon Pluie de Soleil / Burst Of Summer by Phaedon Pure Azure by Phaedon Hesperys by Phaedon Verveine Figuier by Phaedon Coton Egyptien by Phaedon Eau Simple de Concombre by Phaedon Ilanguara by Phaedon