Oliban Grisens (2011)

Oliban / Grisens by Phaedon

Oliban is a perfume by Phaedon for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-resinous. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFrankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesSandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.03.2020.

Found again
Oh, how beautiful! He still exists. Only now his name's Oliban, not Grisens anymore. The Phaedon samples were given by Duftcontor Oldenburg a few years ago by the dear Christiane. I had given this and also Dzhari to my husband, because I find both fragrances beautiful myself, but I consider them better on men's skin in any case. I myself love IUNX L'Ether or Passage d'Enfer on my skin when it must be incense.

The incense and sandal combination is fresh, cool, absolutely suitable for business and yet, I think, he has something totally cuddly and homey. I always loved to sniff my better half. At some point the Pulle was gone and when I wanted to get supplies, I realized that there was no Grisens left from Phaedon Paris. All the more I am happy that I found him again thanks to Parfumo :)

I found durability and Sillage now quite neat. So if man had scented himself with it in the morning, I could still smell the evening well.

He can definitely move back in with us.
Place 2 of 21 Phaedon fragrances from the hiking letter
Too little for a comment, too much for a statement... therefore here in fast forward:

Many thanks to Schahram for the opportunity to participate in the 21-part Phaedon hiking package. In general, Phaedon already offers a large spectrum, but there is not much overlap to my preferences. So for me three fragrances have relatively fast and clearly highlighted, which are worthwhile in my nose of a review.

These were:
1. "Lentisque" (see comment at appropriate place)
2. "Oliban"
3. "Dzhari" (see comment at appropriate place)

The third in the group is "Oliban". His performance on the upper body remained good during the retest. It is a squeaky bright, slightly herbaceous frankincense scent with medium-woody flakes. So I've had it under my nose a few times. Here, however, with a very good Sillage and durability (I rank the higher than the current average grading), which naturally also leads to a very good price-performance ratio.

Drseid
It Delivers What It Promises, And Nothing More...
This definitely delivers what it claims... You get sandalwood and cedary incense... Nothing more, nothing less. It is quality juice certainly, but it just seems like the composition is lacking. I wish I could write more on it, but really it just left me completely cold and I found the stuff entirely forgettable. I expect so much more for the cost of a bottle of Grisens. To compound the disappointment, projection and longevity were both rather minimal. Grisens gets a very average 2.5 stars out of 5, but a 1 out of 5 for its relatively poor value. I recommend seeking out something like Tam Dao for your sandalwood fix instead of this one. It is better, IMO, and less expensive.

A Comfort Scent Incense Perfume
Testing Phaedon GRISENS essentially blind, with no knowledge even of the house's name (my sample vial indicated only "Grisens"), I first detected citrus, then vetiver, then a kind of vague greenishness. After a few minutes, the incense quality of this composition settled in, and I felt that there was some sort of blanketing base--musk? labdanum? a combination of the two?--to which the incense became attached. It smells rather nice to my nose and also has a kind of comfort scent effect.

GRISENS is primarily an incense perfume, but I think that its texture is less dry than most of the others I've tried, and I do not believe that the notes listed above are complete. I find this composition to be slightly more masculine than feminine, but it's definitely still firmly situated in unisex territory and worthy of testing by any incense or woody perfume lover.

by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by MrFumejunkie
by MrFumejunkie

Popular Phaedon

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend by Phaedon Sable Marocain / Morocco Sand by Phaedon Rouge Avignon by Phaedon Black Vetiver by Phaedon Rue des Lilas by Phaedon Dzhari by Phaedon Lentisque / Spanish Bush by Phaedon Oriental Mint / Noir Marine by Phaedon Antigua by Phaedon Sable & Soleil by Phaedon Poivre Colonial by Phaedon Cendres de Thé by Phaedon L'Eau de Phaedon by Phaedon Verveine Figuier by Phaedon Pure Azure by Phaedon Pluie de Soleil / Burst Of Summer by Phaedon Hesperys by Phaedon Coton Egyptien by Phaedon Eau Simple de Concombre by Phaedon Ilanguara by Phaedon