Pluie de Soleil Burst Of Summer 2011

Pluie de Soleil / Burst Of Summer by Phaedon
Pluie de Soleil is a perfume by Phaedon for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
White peachWhite peach
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeranCashmeran
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.07.2021.

Like it
This one was my first perfume. I smell rasberry and citrus and I like it, but it is not my own favourite.
If you like it, you maybe like carner barcelona Bo-Bo as well. I think it smells like a fruitbowl you eat for starter.

Is this Coty Prestige?
I am confused by Phaedon PLUIE DE SOLEIL, and if the provenance of my sample were not the dependable Guusjes, I'd suspect a decanting error. Why? Because this perfume is to my nose an average fruity-floral composition of the Coty Prestige kind. This could easily have been the juice inside one of the GMO-modified insect bottles from Marc Jacobs.

I confess to not being fond of pineapple and strawberry as perfume notes, and my understanding is that fruits are always synthetically mimicked, which implies that any creation this fruity is bound to have a synthetic cast. I'm sure that PLUIE DE SOLEIL would work for anyone who enjoys wearing mainstream designer fruit-heavy abstract fragrances. But why pay niche prices for this? Abstract freesia? Canned fruits in light syrup?

Needless to say: not for me.

------------------------------------------
January 19, 2015 update: I found another vial of this fragrance while moving. My opinion has not improved in the least. Could just as well be a Marc Jacobs flanker in a garish bottle. Désolée.

I am tossing the rest of this vial--a rarity, I assure you...

Awesomeness
Must sample if you like fruity florals.
If you're going to wear a fruity floral, it might as well be this one.

For a fruity floral, Pluie de Soleil is GREAT. I primarily get strawberries, although there is a tad of pineapple lurking in the backgroud. All other accords are difficult to breakdown. Pluie de Soleil stays light & bright through 2 hours or so of wear. Then it descends into a typical woody-musky base.

Overall, Pluie de Soleil feels youthful, happy & sunny, just as a fragrance in this category should. It seems to contain high-quality ingredients. I am not irritated by the freesia, which I often get in mass market fragrances. Marked unisex but definitely on the femme side - there are not many men I know who would wear this.

Pluie de Soleil is not my cup of tea. In fact, during my sample, I also dabbed on the berry-rich Givenchy Hot Couture No 1 to compare. The Hot Couture is dark, moody & brooding by comparison, which I prefer and is apparently more my style, lol. Nevertheless, Pluie de Soleil definitely is a must-sample ... provided you like this category of fragrances.

Popular Phaedon

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend by Phaedon Sable Marocain / Morocco Sand by Phaedon Rouge Avignon by Phaedon Black Vetiver by Phaedon Rue des Lilas by Phaedon Oliban / Grisens by Phaedon Dzhari by Phaedon Lentisque / Spanish Bush by Phaedon Antigua by Phaedon Oriental Mint / Noir Marine by Phaedon Cendres de Thé by Phaedon Sable & Soleil by Phaedon Poivre Colonial by Phaedon L'Eau de Phaedon by Phaedon Pure Azure by Phaedon Hesperys by Phaedon Verveine Figuier by Phaedon Coton Egyptien by Phaedon Eau Simple de Concombre by Phaedon Ilanguara by Phaedon