Amazing Grace (1996) Eau de Toilette

Amazing Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy

Amazing Grace (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Philosophy for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by DerThomyDer, last update on 01.07.2019

FlavoriteFlavorite 6 years ago

„A Mystery Wrapped in a Puzzle Wrapped in an Enigma...”

SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„Unamazing Perfumic Disgrace”

Graceful and Gentle; A Very Quiet Perfume
A clean, fresh scent when I just want to wear something that isn't overpowering. It's calm and airy, and yes, does remind me of dryer sheets. But for some, fresh laundry is a warm, relaxing, good feeling. It's seasonless and can be worn anywhere without offending anyone. Definitely a skin-scent, Amazing Grace has its purpose in the world of perfumes. For those who want to wear perfumes but can't overload those around them, or for those who might be ill and can't stomach over-bearing scents that are too brash, too cloying or just too opulent for the moment, Amazing Grace serves its purpose. A little bit of citrus, a hint of tea, a tad of pepper all wrapped in a gentle musk that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Nothing spectacular, just gently fresh, clean and pretty. Kind of like "the girl next door". Amazing Grace does its job well. It's not loud, it's not over-bearing. It's gentle.
2.5 2.5 5.0 9.0/10

Flavorite
A Mystery Wrapped in a Puzzle Wrapped in an Enigma...
I don't understand this fragrance at all. I first heard about it years ago, tried it and was very turned off by something -I'll call it a wane rose with sourness and weak white musk. However, due to reading many popular reviews, I purchased nearly everything in the line for a friend of mine who was looking for something light, a little clean musky and just a bit clean-fresh sexy- perfect for the Midwest US after Yoga workout blind date kind of situation. She was totally blown away and said it was and I quote "The Hottest, Sexiest most incredible smelling thing she's ever smelled". So be it. I eventually retested it and it's lovely- just simple light and carefree...it is not the scent of seduction or the most unique composition, but I can wear this anytime, any day....the only perfume I've ever gotten multiple compliments on other than "Eternity", "Lemon Sugar", "Chanel Cristalle" and Le Labo's "Musc 25". I can't smell it on my skin or clothes after 15 minutes, but people who lean in for a hug will say "what is that?" When I tell them the reaction is always the same "Oooh, that's a good one, I love that smell" and then smile contentedly. I've have a large bottle and the body soap for the last 2 years that I slowly plug away at because I know that it smells "Amazing". It's a light, pleasant, clean rosewater musk with a soapy drydown and I feel good & clean when I wear it but, honestly, it makes me sneeze.
2.5 5.0 2.5 6.0/10

A Runaway Beauty
I do so love this scent. I am a big freesia fan, now, add to this rose, jasmine and musk with a hint of citrus notes; mix in a magic cauldron and you have the cleanest, softest and yummiest 'feel-good' scent that is also unbelievably pretty!

Unfortunately this scent is too fleeting, no matter how many times you spray! It's tragic and shameful because it is so otherworldly pretty. Alas, I wish they would reformulate it into a stronger version.

Definitely a must try on your skin before purchase to see how long it lasts! Perhaps you are the lucky one whose chemistry captures this beauty for several hours. Good luck! : )
2.5 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

Unamazing Perfumic Disgrace
Philosophy AMAZING GRACE is doubly misnamed. Another shower-in-a-bottle frag, this one is so nondescript that the most I can say is that it's a very slightly soapy, very light generic floral composition. Could be peony; could be lily-of-the-valley. In the end, this is the classic “abstract floral” (aka “chemical soup”) about which some self-proclaimed authorities (cough cough) have raved. After two cases, I'm starting to understand the underlying philosophy of the Philosophy brand: it's all about being bland. Bland is not ugly nor is it a source of strife. On the other hand, it's neither beautiful nor inspiring. It's really the epitome of “meh,” a bit like white noise: you just tune it out after a bit of time.

These GRACE fragrances call to mind an article I recently read by a woman who took SSRIs for five years and reported that during that time she watched her life from afar, and, while she cared, she did not care so much. She noticed that her memory was worse, but she attributed it to her advancing age (all of 40...). Same story for her somewhat doughy, slightly flabby body. And she just didn't care. So naturally she did not care that she did not care. This is how I feel about the Philosophy line: I just don't care for these compositions at all, though I have nothing in particular against them. They are entirely forgettable “unperfumes” to me. They're not even distinct enough to be anti-perfume, because in order to be anti- something, you have to have something to say.

LauraBella 2 years ago
I like the lotion and shower gel in this, but the actual PERFUME is hideous. Heavy citrus upper notes fade away, then smells like cigars.+3
5.0
6.0
5.0

Popular Philosophy

Amazing Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy Fresh Cream by Philosophy Unconditional Love by Philosophy Pure Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy Inner Grace by Philosophy Falling In Love (Eau de Parfum) by Philosophy Baby Grace (Eau de Parfum) by Philosophy Live Joyously by Philosophy Amazing Grace Nutcracker Edition by Philosophy The Tea Party - Pure Honey by Philosophy Eternal Grace by Philosophy Living Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy Field of Flowers - Gardenia Blossom by Philosophy Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere by Philosophy Amen by Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose by Philosophy The Tea Party - Tea Leaf by Philosophy Amazing Grace Magnolia by Philosophy Field of Flowers - Violet Blossom by Philosophy Celebrate Grace by Philosophy