Falling In Love 2000 Eau de Parfum

Falling In Love (Eau de Parfum) by Philosophy
Falling In Love (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Philosophy for women and was released in 2000. The scent is fruity-floral. It was last marketed by Coty.

Bruce Corrigan

BlackberryBlackberry
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Tamia1978, last update on 22.10.2018.

Effervescent Yet Comforting, Perfect For Berry Lovers
As one who has always enjoyed the heavier fragrances, turning to Philosophy's line was surprising for me. Recently I was in the market for lighter perfumes that still packed a punch for my olfactory senses(as a teen I wore Tabu & Shalimar), so finding light yet strong was going to be difficult.
I'd been ill for quite some time and needed different venues than I'd customarily worn. I'd always heard about nurses wearing the Philosophy line so I thought now was the time to try it. I'd actually become quite enamored of Falling In Love after trying it.
This is a feminine comfort perfume,all snuggly and perfect for rainy, gray days. It's a beautiful musky-vanilla, with dollops of bitter berries that are just slightly sour. That might sound off-putting, but the sourness keeps Falling In Love from becoming too sweet or cloying and gives it an unusual edge instead. Sometimes you just don't want or need any candy, because you just can't handle it.
This is a bit of a fun and playful perfume with a slight effervescence to it to lift your spirits. All the components are there for exhilaration. It's seasonless, too. Four sprays lasts for a few hours within a close range so it's not a sillage monster nor is it a skin scent, either. If you're looking for a quieter scent in the musky-vanilla, sour berry range, you've found it.
I did sample Falling In Love first, but honestly, I returned and bought a bottle soon after. That's how much I enjoyed this fragrance. For some reason it stayed on my mind, and that says a lot to me.

Regrets the Morning After
Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to take up yet another Philosophy unperfume: FALLING IN LOVE, which fortunately is a vast improvement on INNER GRACE, which however can hardly be viewed as a compliment, given that I actually had to resort to a scrub to get that chemical soup off my skin. FALLING IN LOVE strikes me as somewhat cynical, an expression of the age-old wisdom that “not all that glitters is gold,” one corollary of which is that not every crush attains the status of true love.

FALLING IN LOVE opens as a sweet, jammy, laundry scent. Yes, difficult to believe but no less for that true, “sweet laundry” is in fact a twenty-first century fragrance category, and FALLING IN LOVE is a member of that class—at least in its opening, until it dries down like the residue at the bottom of an almost empty jar of berry jam: thick and unspreadable dark fruits. Very shallow, this fragrance may have surface appeal but quickly becomes boring, like a person who seemed loveable until he opened his mouth. Or even worse, left a piece of his screed lying about, revealing to all the barrenness of his soul. He might be okay for a one-night stand, but falling for him is not FALLING IN LOVE. A more appropriate name for this forgettable composition might be PASSING FAD or, better yet, OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I BEDDED DOWN WITH A GUY WITH 3 STDS?

by ElenaN
by ElenaN

Popular Philosophy

Amazing Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy Fresh Cream by Philosophy The Tea Party - Pure Honey by Philosophy Pure Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose by Philosophy Amazing Grace Nutcracker Edition by Philosophy Inner Grace by Philosophy Unconditional Love by Philosophy Eternal Grace by Philosophy Field of Flowers - Gardenia Blossom by Philosophy Amazing Grace (Eau de Parfum) by Philosophy Amen by Philosophy Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere by Philosophy Baby Grace (Eau de Parfum) by Philosophy Live Joyously by Philosophy Celebrate Grace by Philosophy Pure Grace Nude Rose by Philosophy Pure Grace Summer Surf by Philosophy Living Grace (Eau de Toilette) by Philosophy Amazing Grace Magnolia by Philosophy