Vanilla & The Sea

Vanilla & The Sea by Phoenix Botanicals

Vanilla & The Sea is a perfume by Phoenix Botanicals for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still in production.

Mandarin, Neroli, Tuberose, White rose, Lavender absolute, Vanilla, Amber, Musk, Kelp, Moss, Ambergris

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 21.04.2019

6.0 6.0 6.0/10

Summer at the lake
When I was a child, we used to go to a small lake nearby every free day during the summer. While the parents were lying in the sun, we children had a lot of fun exploring the area on our own. (Yes, at that time children were allowed such a thing!)

There was a beaten path around the lake. The dark floor felt cool and smooth under the bare feet and was streaked with thick, gnarled tree roots.

There was much to discover and it was always an exciting adventure. Colorful beetles, little frogs and once even a grass snake crossed our path. The dense canopy provided cooling shade.

At one point a small stream ran across the path. It looked very flat, but when I put one foot in it, the ground gave way and I sank almost to my waist in slimy mud. That was a fright...

Vanilla & the Sea reminds me of this summer at the lake. It smells to me like earthy forest soil, woody like ancient trees, a little salty from sweating and sweet like creamy children's skin. And a little muddy like my involuntary moor pack.

Oh, it was beautiful! :-)
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Of pink elephants
In psychology, there is a thought experiment in which the patient is asked not to think of a pink elephant. If you try it, you'll soon notice that you can't get rid of the pink elephant anymore.
The thoughts cramp up and the more you try, the bigger the elephant gets.
Completely letting go of the efforts is then the only solution.

A special case are pink elephants in the scent memory, as I have noticed, in my experience you can't get rid of them at all.
I got the first one after reading Apicus' commentary on the Iris & White Musk. I've rarely gotten rid of the carrot association with the iris since. I sold my bottle of Jo Malone immediately, the fragrance impression was no longer to save.

My association with organic fragrances is a tea shop from the 80s. Besides tea there were also writing utensils, beautifully decorated stationery, noble diaries and probably also scented oils. I think, the fragrance connection consists of sandalwood and patchouli, otherwise I cannot explain it to myself that with almost every tested bio fragrance this tea shop appears in front of my inner eye.

So it was again the case when testing the great hiking pack of fluxite.
Vanilla& the Sea smells like fruit tea for me in the sum plus time travel in said tea shop.
In the statements I read about sea, amber and tropical fruits. So the fragrance seems to have left a more differentiated impression on other perfumos.

As much as I would like to like organic fragrances, there is a lot to be said for them, I don't want to smell like tea shops.
That's why there won't be anything more with the organic fragrances and me, at least not in this fragrance life.