Aqaysos by Pierre Guillaume

Aqaysos is a popular perfume by Pierre Guillaume for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fruity-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Bergamot, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesSichuan pepper, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa bean, Woods, White musk, Animalic musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.01.2020.

The fragrance is part of the collection "Huitième Art", which was renamed "Collection Noire" in 2018.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Please also publish as "Intense
Peter Wilhelms Aqaysos is - like so many other fragrances in my still modest collection - a perfume find that I became aware of through comments and statements that fixed me so that I had to test it in my new favorite drug store (perfume shop). The test was, as expected, positive on the outside and resulted in a new money shift towards the perfumery shop in the Große Ble Bleich, in my beautiful adopted home Hamburg.

Admittedly, I often catch myself attaching the label "Besonderes Etwas" to a fragrance. But, dear Mitjunkies, it's always true, at least in combination with my nose. Aqaysos is also such a candidate, who has never been there for me before.
My well over 500 followers (thanks again at this point to all!) are aware that I can best on fresh scents. Be it with the addition citric, soapy, woody, spicy. But "fresh" should always be in it. Sure, there are exceptions. Even if this fine substance hasn't yet been classified as "fresh something" here, I feel quite differently here.

With Pierre Guillaumes Aqaysos there is a sharp freshness from the beginning (which doesn't hurt in any way) that I've never met before. A hint of glass cleaner smells there with, which becomes a little sweeter in the further process a little bit. The citric lime adds a few splashes until the lightly peppered currant is added. This wonderful mixture (including the other perfume I used, but which I can't really smell) results in a wonderfully different perfume, which I would like to have on me all day at the moment. In principle, the perfect fragrance...
...there wouldn't be the rather shallow Sillage and durability. With the Sillage I have the feeling that my nose is being played a trick. Similar to Molecule 01, I have the impression that Aqaysos "flickers". Sometimes I smell it quite strongly (like right now at the wrist) and a few minutes later it is very close again. But the durability is the biggest shortcoming of this great creation. Sprayed in the morning, I have to spray it twice in the office, so he can last until evening.

In summary, Aqaysos is a perfect fragrance that has a very short shelf life on my skin. An Intense version would be the perfect fragrance.

Thanks for reading and a nice weekend to all 500 :-)
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

AdAstra72
The cool bite of the Cassis ...
Today I dedicate myself again to one of these special fragrances, which grab you involuntarily and never let go.

One such is the AQAYSOS by Pierre Guillaume!

Similar to the Accord Oud by Byredo, a pleasant cool and fresh note is the first thing that surrounds you.

Slightly bitter and for the time being indifferently fruity, it approaches you and nestles closer to your body. Somehow very charming and pleasant ...

... and all of a sudden she bites ... with cooling sharp teeth ... the Cassis ... like a black-silver snake ... a rather playful bite ... no offense ... but cheeky and challenging ... and surprise pleasantly. She plays around you and bites you in her gentle and beguiling way without hurting you.

The Cassis comes across very beautifully natural ... with this slightly rough, sweet-sour and honest taste of black currant.

Flattering woody animalism and a fresh herbal spiciness make the whole thing round, multi-layered and do not let the scent become boring or exhausting until the end.

A wonderful new discovery for me.

Thank you dear Pollita for sending me this remarkable fragrance.
He will surely find a place in my collection soon!
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Black XS grows up
Thanks to Schoork's wonderful commentary, I became curious about this fragrance. Pierre Guillaume makes wonderful fragrances, even though I don't own any yet. I found Felanilla and Musc Maori very exciting at that time, as did L'Eau de Circé, but none of them even jumped the famous spark to buy. From Aqaysos I expected something completely different than what I then sniffed out. I expected much more fruit and sweetness. Nothing there. Aqaysos definitely has a predominant black currant note, but it's not sweet at all. And the base makes the scent clearly masculine for me. I'd find it much too harsh and too dark on a woman now.

The longer I sniff, the more the scent looks familiar to me. All of a sudden, it occurs to me. Black XS by Paco Rabanne. My husband rediscovered it this summer. Here, too, fruits play a prominent role, even if they are not listed except for lemon. Yet here I smell berries on a spicy base. Yes, they are similar, but while Black XS remains very sweet until the end, Aqaysos is thoroughly grown up. The fragrance has much more depth and looks somehow grounded. I like it very much, or I would like to sniff a man. Let's see if my better half likes him. Maybe a gift :)
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Push it
It's hard to believe that there are any comments other than those about the new Gucci, even if you feel you have to look for them right now. This will be one of them. I'm just banging right out of line right now. The Gucci is certainly great, so great, that there were directly 2 new registrations, which had to evaluate and comment absolutely this smell. Meanwhile 2 Kommis have been deleted again while I write my Kommi and my feeling was probably right, that should be pushed here only.

You do? I'm always sceptical about something like this anyway and find it strange, but that's just my opinion. Of course, you can be wrong and if you have a different opinion, then take it and hang it up somewhere in the cellar. At least if you're not real anyway, and you're just here to rip off. There is something strange to observe here. The hate of my house roll sometimes goes so far that it pushes with preference fragrances which I value, within 24h upwards or downwards. Depending on how I judged it. Not always, but noticeably often. Well, if you can't get your fucking life compensated for otherwise. It affects me peripherally, by the way. If I would attach importance to ratings, then I would also have to take so-called 4x10 ratings seriously.

By the way, this will also not be an advertising comment on my Youtube Channel, but simply a comment on a beautiful fragrance.

That's what I think. If I ever write a book about my perfume journey and what inspired me to comment, this one will be one that I wrote simply because I...oh buy my book! But some would be really surprised.
Ok, if you like, I'll push Aqaysos without Channel.

This is a really nice fruity scent, which I owe once again to my dear Jakobolino. Boy, you make me poor. I already knew the scent from a test in the store and found it great and he sent me a bottling to be able to test this scent properly. Thank you very much.

As said a fruity fragrance with a very beautiful currant that clearly dominates the fragrance. Do you know Airwaves Cassis? So only without the sharpness you have to imagine that.
The start is tangy spicy with pepper and coriander and a hint of citrus, but it continues directly with a juicy berry. I have the feeling that I like berries in fragrances very much, no matter if currant which is also very present in Bleecker Str or blueberry in Kalemat or Black Oud Vanilla Absolute, even if there are no berries in it.

Yes I find great, because they are never too sweet, very fruity, juicy and give a round overall picture. At least in the scents I know. I'm totally on it.

This lasts quite a while with the present spicy berry, before a light cocoa note is added later, accompanied by woods and musk. Fortunately, the fragrance thinks itself to me very neatly for a fresh/fruity fragrance.7h are probably that. I have worn it several times and just on hand to tell you about it and find it also has a slightly cooling effect.

I find it great as a fragrance and it delights me every time I apply it. Just the right thing if you just want to come down, if you want to lift your mood and if you get tired of a lot.
It's great to wear from spring to autumn, I think.
Now there may be people who don't like him, but that's good, then more remains for me about.

If you, who reads here now this yet do not know, I can give you a recommendation.

The scent is real! The effect is real and I like real! If you are not real, you are wrong, but you have a real problem.
8.0 9.0 8.0 9.5/10

Rene72
Black berries in pepper coat
Today with 16 degrees and summer showers the Aquaysos tested in the course of the day. For me the weather always plays an important role, on hot days I wouldn't have wanted to wear it and it's not a winter scent either.

Aquaysos starts with me a bit irritating, which is probably due to the mixture bergamot/coriander. But it's purely personal and for me it's a bit uncoordinated like playing in an orchestra when the harmony is still being developed. But the recording is necessary for a good piece of music as well as for a promising fragrance experience.

Then, however, deep black juicy berries encased in pungent pepper. No musty pepper (smells of white pepper!) but the note stings pleasantly aromatic. For hours there is a beautiful multi-faceted interplay between ripe sweet-aromatic fruit and pleasant spiciness. I like that one. I guess nobody would season currants with pepper for dessert, would they? Why not try this.

The fragrance is then very pleasant with a soft woody note, becomes soft and warm, the fruit recedes just like the spiciness. It's a great transition. And a great end to the day, because it actually lasts a good nine hours with me. In the end body-hugging, but you can still see what was put on in the morning.

The office test still remains with third parties: some employees found it too sharp and demanding, others found it very valuable. So the effect on others remains open to some extent. But isn't this exactly the best recommendation?
8.0 5.0 4.0 9.5/10

Leimbacher
Juicy beauty ponders on sunny Sundays
"Aqaysos" sounds like a Greek demigod, but it is my souvenir and my memory of a great city trip to Vienna. He just jumped up my nose as a spring companion, as you rarely experience it. Love at first sight, there's no other way to express it. Pierre Guillome has once again surpassed himself. "Aqaysos" is a creamy juicy currant scent with enough depth and treats to never get bored and keep you busy for days. A bitter-green fruit that I can't get out of my head...

Some blackcurrant, some musk, some dry grasses and some sunshine - that's a real work of art. Not the most beautiful currant of all time, because it is much more than that. It's not a monothematic scent. Much more a painting emerges, an impression that cannot be replaced or described. Purple, green, yellow, brown. Airy, complex, aromatic and light-footed. Light wind, cool hay, precocious berries, sparkling sparkling water. And all this on a hint of cocoa that you almost miss at the end when you blink. Because that is the Achilles tendon of this hero - he doesn't honor you forever, to say the least... All in all, however, an exceptional fragrance. A perfumed van Gogh.

Flacon: thick glass, black, good in the hand, stylish, great sprayer - nothing to complain about!
Sillage: a tender currant seedling.
Shelf life: a small minus point - 5 hours "only".

Conclusion: exactly for such olfactory miniorgasms we love and practice our hobby. Perfume in all its beauty. Sophisticated, high quality, special. You'll never get anything like that off the peg in a Douglas. Spring can come!
9.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Black denim
They are my first choice for casual trousers, they almost always fit, the wardrobe is full of them, and you always buy them again because you think you still don't have enough. According to this, if you're looking for a new summer fragrance and don't want to buy any more perfumed black jeans, you shouldn't ask for one in the store. My perfumed black jeans are my citric summer visitors, I love them, but they are just enough for me. So a short announcement was made to the specialist staff of my trust, with a request not to pick out any black jeans. Said, done.

In front of me are a few modern looking, not really sharp-edged, yet rather striking flacons that look as if they are filled with engine oil. Black. Fragrances by Pierre Guillaume, French fragrance prodigy, chemist, perfumer and freethinker, a modern, urban type of his craft who has been creating perfumes for a little over 15 years, at home in science as well as in his craft. Exciting Type.

One of the candidates presented to me stands out in particular. The start is alcoholic, medical, tart, the comparison with Voltaren ointment from DaveGahan fits perfectly, the nose gets stuck because it smells surprisingly attractive, but already tart, dark shakiness mixes into the picture. Lime. No tropical cocktail lime, but a bitter, bitter lime that reminds me more of grapefruit and bergamot, even if none of it is listed in the list of ingredients. The impression is firm, matt, a dark, defined tone that is additionally tinted by coriander. Coriander I can't smell isolated, no contrast, so it lies on the lime more like an extra layer of varnish that gives it even more strength and edge.

A further facet now opens up as the fragrance develops: black currant, properly peppered, with matt, dry, light musk. As soon as berries and musks play a central role in a fragrance, I like to get into an inner fight-or-flight state. The range, with which both are used in fragrances, is enormous, from animalistically sweaty to clean-dry is everything in musk, both I like depending on the environment sometimes more, sometimes less. Berries are harder there. In such beautiful and proven contrasts as raspberry/leather they inspire me exceptionally, in synthetic-sweet blackjacks with Happy Berry permanent grins in the face they rob me of the last nerve. Here currant, diamond black, completely unsweet, aromatic, somewhat smoky and with a lot of pepper, presented in a dry, matt musk setting. In addition, there is a cool, light wood note, which at first, however, only suggests itself.

What a great idea. The scent now feels like driving through a pine forest in a convertible after a hot day on the beach at dusk (in my case I would wish for a Jaguar E-Type, it should be suitably black), from the Pacific a cool, foggy breeze. During the day one has sweated, but now one shivers slightly, while the skin is still burning from the sun. The slight dry sweating can also be found in the fragrance, I lean out of the window so far as to attribute it to the animal musk part, but this is by no means unpleasant or repulsive, but quasi just perceptible vibrates with and increases the charm of the impression, and that's how it should be. In this phase of cooling down, the fragrance remains quite a while, berry, musk, pepper, citric, wood, all there and polished to a very harmonious overall.

The fragrance slowly cools down towards the base, becomes lighter, almost menthol-green and resinous-woody, the light, I think synthetic wood tones stand out more clearly, while the dark green citric of the start, the blackness of cassis and pepper linger for a long time.

Aqaysos is an exciting, atypical dark, yet cool and fresh scent for the summer, which creates a harmonious picture from atypical components. He looks completely modern to me, I place him completely in the here and now. He goes his own way for a fragrance that fits perfectly into the hot season and will play a special role in my summer fragrances in the coming season with its cool and edgy facets

Verbena 18 months ago
The bitter soul of the blackest currant. Pepper seeds glowing purple. The echo of subterranean thunder. Rocky layers shaken in the deep.+4
9.0

by Schoork
by Schoork
...Morgentau...
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios

Popular Pierre Guillaume

21 Felanilla by Pierre Guillaume 19 Louanges Profanes by Pierre Guillaume 10 Aomassaï by Pierre Guillaume 18 Cadjméré by Pierre Guillaume 12.1 Un Crime Exotique by Pierre Guillaume Myrrhiad by Pierre Guillaume 25 Indochine by Pierre Guillaume 02 Cozé by Pierre Guillaume 04 Musc Maori by Pierre Guillaume Monsieur by Pierre Guillaume Poudre de Riz by Pierre Guillaume 13 Brûlure de Rose by Pierre Guillaume 14 Iris Oriental / Iris Taizo by Pierre Guillaume Tonkamande by Pierre Guillaume 11 Harmatan Noir by Pierre Guillaume Praliné de Santal by Pierre Guillaume Sucre d'Ébène by Pierre Guillaume 8.1 L'Ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume Ambre Céruléen by Pierre Guillaume Bois de Copaïba by Pierre Guillaume