Bois Blond by Pierre Guillaume
Bois Blond is a popular perfume by Pierre Guillaume for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Grass
Heart Notes Heart NotesDry woods, Hay, Blond tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Soil

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 01.05.2020.

Summertime
"As good as it gets", comes to my mind, in the best sense of the phrase.

A lovely, slightly bitter, green woody scent.
Fresh, unlike the usual fresh fumes: no citruses, no mint, no anise...
Instead we have Hay! Wheat! White tobacco! Coloured green by Grass, Galbanum and Cedar. Ambergris and Musk perform as a warm subtle base.
I can think of no other perfume in this category that could beat Bois Blond.
It certainly has the potential to become my signature scent. I could wear this every day and be completely happy.

Because of the medium sillage I rate this winner 9/10.
Longevity is excellent.

Dusty, bitter and green: a bit like matcha tea
Parfumerie Générale BOIS BLOND is a stern and staid perfume from a pretty stern and staid house, it seems to me. This particular entry in the PG line-up is very dusty bitter, and green--a bit like matcha tea, actually. I don't know whether the bitterness is imparted by tea tree oil or not, but I'm happy to accept one reviewer's testimony to that effect!

BOIS BLOND is going to play out very differently on different wearers' skin and will probably be acrid on some. On mine, it just seems so serious, like a strict schoolmarm with a ruler ready at hand to punish deviations from her decrees. There is no sweetness or seduction here for me. I usually love galbanum, and savory perfumes more generally, but this one feels a bit like a spanking. (What did I do wrong this time?)

Indian Summer
Bois Blond starts out very woodsy and green with a hint of spice. I get a feeling of cedar, cut grass and crushed pine needles, topped with a dusting of cinnamon. The "greenness" of this scent has a feel similar to what I pick up in Chanel No. 19.

As the heart opens, this scent becomes dryer and a very true-to-life hay note emerges. The greenness of this scent starts to move towards a muted yellow (yes, blonde), in the way of grass clippings that have dryed out in the sun. The amber provides a golden sweetness along with something that somehow brings to mind the smell of Red Hots candy (an American spicy cinnamon candy).

Oddly enough, Bois Blond's drydown reminds me a bit of Serge Lutens' Chergui. While I view Chergui as a very red-orange scent (as opposed to the golden-green of Bois Blond), both perfumes have a sort of dry earthy feel and hazy smokey spiciness to them. To me, the drydown of Bois Blond smells very much of late summer/early autumn days.

I have to say that this scent really facinates me. Honestly, I didn't expect that from a scent named "blond wood," which just sounds sort of, well, "beige" and unexciting. Far from it, I find Bois Blond to be quite interesting and multifaceted. If you're looking for unique scent with a lovely "indian summer" feel, Bois Blond is well worth your time

by MrFumejunkie
by MrFumejunkie
by Amber9
by Amber9

Popular Pierre Guillaume

Aqaysos by Pierre Guillaume 19 Louanges Profanes by Pierre Guillaume Myrrhiad by Pierre Guillaume Monsieur by Pierre Guillaume 21 Felanilla by Pierre Guillaume 25 Indochine by Pierre Guillaume 12.1 Un Crime Exotique by Pierre Guillaume 10 Aomassaï by Pierre Guillaume 4.1 Le Musc & La Peau by Pierre Guillaume 18 Cadjméré by Pierre Guillaume 8.1 L'Ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume Poudre de Riz by Pierre Guillaume 20 L'Eau Guerrière by Pierre Guillaume 02 Cozé by Pierre Guillaume Ambre Céruléen by Pierre Guillaume 3.1 Arabian Horse by Pierre Guillaume 9.1 Komorebi by Pierre Guillaume 7.1 Grand Siècle Intense by Pierre Guillaume 14 Iris Oriental / Iris Taizo by Pierre Guillaume Bois de Copaïba by Pierre Guillaume