Bois de Copaïba (2006)

Bois de Copaïba by Pierre Guillaume

Bois de Copaïba is a perfume by Pierre Guillaume for women and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCandied orange, Red ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmaretto, Copaiva balsam, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesAcajou wood, Sandalwood

Submitted by Andi136, last update on 18.06.2019.

9.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Amethyst
I can' t help, Again I associate a gem-crystal with a parfum. During I was testing Bois de Copaiba some weeks ago I have noticed: I desired to wear my amethyst-jewels. That was when I prepared myself to listen to a concert. When I came to the choice of fragance I decided for 'Bois de Copaiba" though it's a risk to test a scent the first time in a situation like that. I wore black clothes. But before wearing the jewels the fragance has to be layed on the skin. However: Then I sprayed the scent on my skin. First there was developing a traditional full citric-flavour which was changing within a short time to a sweet and flowry unity mixed with a slight scent of ginger and vanilla.
But then the copahu-balm was laying down over the top note with a perfect woody flavour. It was overwhelming and at the same time in my mind and inner eye I saw violet. Before I had decided for pearls, but now I was longing to put on my amethyst-jewels. Not at all I had that in my mind before. First I had to hold it against the light enjoying the beautiful crystals. The smell of the fragrance was not allowing to forget it. It was changing then to a combination with mahagony-wood and mhyrre which I alway find a little disturbing at the first few moments. The bitter-almond-scent of the amaretto was following undoubted together by a very tiny touch of flavour of the poisenous cyanid. At first I was rejecting this bitter-sweet smell: No, this is not mine at all, never! But I did not have time any more so I had to go with that scent. And not only I was going to get accustomed I was beginning to like it very much. This parfum-composition was fraganting constantly and steadily with the strong intensity all over hours. Fortunately it does not have more than a strong sillage. The concert I am still remembering as violet music. In fact it was Mozart, Puccini etc. Bois de Copaiba has convinced yet conquerd me. I love it since then but will not wear it very often as far as I know now.

by Daneh
by Daneh

Popular Pierre Guillaume

21 Felanilla by Pierre Guillaume 19 Louanges Profanes by Pierre Guillaume 10 Aomassaï by Pierre Guillaume 18 Cadjméré by Pierre Guillaume 12.1 Un Crime Exotique by Pierre Guillaume Myrrhiad by Pierre Guillaume Aqaysos by Pierre Guillaume 25 Indochine by Pierre Guillaume 02 Cozé by Pierre Guillaume 04 Musc Maori by Pierre Guillaume Monsieur by Pierre Guillaume Poudre de Riz by Pierre Guillaume 13 Brûlure de Rose by Pierre Guillaume 14 Iris Oriental / Iris Taizo by Pierre Guillaume Tonkamande by Pierre Guillaume 11 Harmatan Noir by Pierre Guillaume Praliné de Santal by Pierre Guillaume Sucre d'Ébène by Pierre Guillaume 8.1 L'Ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume Ambre Céruléen by Pierre Guillaume