Entre Ciel et Mer 2015

Entre Ciel et Mer by Pierre Guillaume
Entre Ciel et Mer is a perfume by Pierre Guillaume for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Lavender, Leaves, White thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlgae absolute, Ambergris, Lichen, Iodine
Base Notes Base NotesTree moss, New Caledonian sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.11.2020.

Simple yet beautiful
Is it true that Pierre Guillaume recreated here the smell of air in a place where there's sky, sea and warmth? Yes. This is a beautiful rendition of healthy, good and humid perfumed air. I think I can pick up water lily which is not listed and a very well accomplished sandalwood that is not sticky or spicy as in other perfumes. This smoothness isn't even accomplished by Perris Monte Carlo's - Santal du Pacifique.
If you like the appeal of water notes without any calone monstrosity, blended with green notes and the slightest sandalwood for a "baby" bath final result you will like this. I don't mean to say "baby bath" in a bad way but once you know that you can't really think of anything closer. I used to wear this a lot during summer and in Jamaica over Christmas.
The Man and the Sea #07 - South Sea Beach
Entre Ciel et Mer was one of the aquatic animals that actually do not belong to my favourite prey spectrum, but came to me by chance and thus completed my test series. The scent is one of those that can be prescribed more in the direction of "southern Pacific". An area that is definitely attracting attention with my planned holiday destinations, but that I definitely do not prefer olofactorically to the Nordic seas.

I would like to describe the course of the fragrance with one word from the beginning: unagitated. No unexpected twists and turns, instead it begins with a radiant light blue aquatic scent that immediately conjures up the South Seas image for me. Azure blue water runs into turquoise to end in a fine, light yellow sandy beach. The pure white spray is not broken by rocks but covers the sand with fine bubbles. No sooner do we let this image in our minds than the fragrance brings us a delicate creaminess, which increases steadily in the heart note. It is sun cream, which - as much as one may reject it - always makes us think a little longingly of warm sea areas. Clearly sandalwood ensures that the creaminess remains unisex and makes the finish almost seem a bit dry.

I hardly notice any of the much sharper, dirtier notes indicated in the pyramid - iodine, algae or lichens are mentioned. A small edge, where I would have rather tipped on 'driftwood', is rarely visible and remains hidden. Pierre Guillaume creates a creamy-woody flatterer, gently aquatic, delicately fruity and underlaid with delicate green tones. A beautiful beach fragrance that always goes in summer and you don't have to worry about whether it fits the occasion, also because sillage and durability are of limited duration. Relaxation for mind and nose without excitement.
______________________
edit 2020: Over time, Entre Ciel et Mer has turned out to be one of my aquatic favourites. It reminds me very much of southern holidays and in its entirety it is simply relaxing.
UhrMensch
Journey between heaven and earth
My first comment, I'm trying.

So entre ciel et terre (between heaven and earth) is a journey with 3 stations.

The journey begins close to the Atlantic, the scent begins as a flawless aquatic. Therefore, in my opinion, it has the same problem as many of the aquatic species, the shelf life is not very pronounced. Entre ciel et mer starts fresh, aquatic with salt and algae. Very pleasant and only remotely reminiscent of cool water. The salt and algae scent is a real evolution to the typical aquatics.

After about an hour the scent develops a heavy sweetness, quasi the excursion on land, into the sea of flowers between heaven and earth. The fragrance doesn't lose its salt completely, but the tide is still low in this phase with lots of flowers.

About another hour later the sweetness fades again, the journey continues and we go to the Wadden Sea. Salt, algae and a fine sea breeze are the order of the day. And right here, after 3-4 hours the scent leaves me, leaves me in the Wadden Sea, fades away unspectacularly
Conclusion: pleasant trip, unfortunately too short. Not enough for a working day, but maybe for a beach trip or a barbecue evening. After-sprayer equal also buy is announced thus.

Thanks for reading!

Seriously?
The name fits the scent, in the least fascinating meaning possible. There is indeed a salty aquatic base, and there is a decided “airy” breezy-green feel well completed by pastel, slightly creamy notes of fruits and something musky similar to ambergris. I also get some floral notes which I don’t see in the composition, like ylang and lys, but maybe they’re just some side-nuances of some whatever aromachemicals have been used here. The problem for me is that, briefly put, anything here in my opinion smells flat, synthetic and uninspired. By this I mean – and I really mean that, no exaggeration – that I personally smell no big difference with any “sea-fruity-floral” shower gel or deodorant, to any extent; the notes, the concept, the composition, the quality on skin. This is precisely more or less what pretty much any “insert cheap sea-exotic name here” shower gel leaves on your skin. Up to you to decide if the 150 eur price gap is enough to justify a bit more sillage and longevity.

4,5/10

by Mustang69
by Mustang69

Popular Pierre Guillaume

Aqaysos by Pierre Guillaume 19 Louanges Profanes by Pierre Guillaume Myrrhiad by Pierre Guillaume Monsieur by Pierre Guillaume 21 Felanilla by Pierre Guillaume 25 Indochine by Pierre Guillaume 12.1 Un Crime Exotique by Pierre Guillaume 10 Aomassaï by Pierre Guillaume 4.1 Le Musc & La Peau by Pierre Guillaume 18 Cadjméré by Pierre Guillaume 8.1 L'Ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume Poudre de Riz by Pierre Guillaume 20 L'Eau Guerrière by Pierre Guillaume 02 Cozé by Pierre Guillaume Ambre Céruléen by Pierre Guillaume 3.1 Arabian Horse by Pierre Guillaume 9.1 Komorebi by Pierre Guillaume 7.1 Grand Siècle Intense by Pierre Guillaume 14 Iris Oriental / Iris Taizo by Pierre Guillaume Bois de Copaïba by Pierre Guillaume