Métal Hurlant 2015

Métal Hurlant by Pierre Guillaume
Métal Hurlant is a perfume by Pierre Guillaume for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is leathery-synthetic. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

MuskMusk
LeatherLeather
FuelFuel

Submitted by RoseNoire, last update on 16.05.2021.

Detroit Steel
This is one of my best blind buys. I just adore this, though I can see why a lot of people say it's not for them.

I could try and break down the accords Pierre created into individual materials or notes I detect. But I'm not going to - it's much more fun to tell you what I really get, what he wanted to convey.

This was created to evoke riding a Harley through the Arizona desert. I'm not a bike guy, but I am car guy, so we're going to pretend it's a '65 Impala with the Caprice package instead.

This opens strong, it's in your face Detroit muscle. To me it's a big gasoline (petrol) vibe, slightly floral, slightly plasticky, but altogether heart-racing. You can hear that big V8 idling, ready to hit the road. It's freshly washed and waxed steel - the hood (bonnet) hot from both the beast within and the pounding desert sun, waves of refraction rising from it, menacing, dangerous. It's the chrome, glistening in the heat, its metallic majesty tingling the nose, mixing with the intoxicating exhaust, as beautiful and deadly as Belladona blossoms. It's the leather - animalic, sexy, powerful, hormonal. It's the tires, the plastics in the interior, adding to that repulsive yet irresistible petroleum note.
Jean- in the car accessories department of E. Leclerc
According to the booklet enclosed with the sample collection, PG (also called Peter Wilhelm by me) wants to rebuild a motorcycle trip on Route 66. A Harley on asphalt. Chrome, paint, rubber, petrol and leather in the wind of Arizona. A blond, tattooed, bearded biker with Ray-Bans. In my opinion this is more the blond bearded normal French (they all like cars) in the car accessories department of the E. Leclerc Hypermarché (a huge supermarket). Maybe he's wearing a leather jacket, too. Just like normal leather jackets. He's smaller than the blonde biker should be, but maybe as wide, but maybe he's also small and sinewy and dark-haired (that's most likely). His wife is pregnant right now and is always bitching because he buys so much stuff for the car. But he doesn't want to lose face in front of his friends either. His name is Jean-Pierre, or Jean-Jacques, at least something with Jean-. He's a good drinker to go with. His hobby is motocross, but now that the child is coming, his wife finds it too dangerous. In 18 years, when the boy (?!) is out of the house, he can certainly drive again. Until then, he has Métal Hurlant.

I smell mostly rubber and petrol. I hardly notice anything of the musk, not even of the leather. Which is why I'm assuming that artificial musk+artificial leather makes rubber. Fortunately, it's not animalistic on me. I find the scent very funny and therefore keep the sample. I sprayed it on myself for the second time today, it can't be that bad. Or I just got totally used to Peter Wilhelm's weird stuff. Also family tester M finds it quite pleasant and funny. But he also had to test all the PGs and so he might have succumbed to the charm of Mr. Wilhelms. Family tester Q finds all the PG-Aquats terrible or does not smell them (maybe a blessing?).

I wouldn't buy it unless I changed profession and became a car accessory salesgirl. You never know. You can certainly wear it with motocross. You don't even have to drive yourself. It also goes well with burnt bratwursts, which were traditionally served with motocross in the neighborhood coffee of my French home coffee. Fits also well to car races in my current much better known neighbor coffee. Also ideal for hobby mechanics or people who have had something made of metal and now want to pretend they built it themselves. There is such a thing.

Métal Hurlant is unisex and you can probably wear it all year round (although not daily). The packaging is certainly functional and noble at the same time, as probably always with PG (I'd say from one PG perfume to another).

Achilles
What good is the most beautiful weapon if it is not loaded?
Oh, an update. Well, it's a date. First of all: it means (in the third person singular: needs. Don't "need" me. You're driving me crazy.)
To the general matter (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Akzent is Arial). When the temperature in the Republic is around 45° in the shade, I have to wear malicious, heavy and third-ugly scents from my collection (in public). What's the matter with you? Sadism perhaps, no, fun - definitely sadism. I love it when people rattle in the train (if I ride along, that's all I get out of it - esoterics, you're asked), and not because one of the most frequented tracks in Berlin is the fact of not opening a window for fear that grandma croaks from the sixth row from the left: "to make, I've got gout!". Strictly speaking, I wish I had the scent for longer than 2 years, because the public deserves to be throttled preventively.

Metal Hurlant is an answer to people who even early in the morning are not able to spend cent sums on a deodorant BEFORE they can spare 5 minutes of their precious time to shower - Kouros and Duro are rather stimulating, that's why I avoid these testosterone prods in public. Horror. As far as I know, most households are supplied with hot water (not standing statically in front of it like a raw lasagna plate, please).
The fat man, who bent my seat grip beyond recognition when he wanted to reach his own, and is in a pair of tight cycling pants stuck in inverted pyramids, is supposed to suffer just as much as the philosophy student in her 20th semester, who looks cheekily at other passengers' displays. Oh well, we don't want to forget (use names), that her obö (is the oboe called? Goethe isn't called Göthe o_O either) is cramped and hopes not to have to interrupt the music lessons because of a disturbance of the otherwise so meticulous Berlin S-Bahn traffic.

Meanwhile I feel incredibly well to smell of nail polish remover and brush cleaner, oil change, bicycle chain and gasoline, hoping (present active - shit participle.) - although I have no expectation after the long experience - the rows may lighten up. A course to be hoped for (finally, Gerundivum - so secretly my favourite in Latin lessons, and fortunately the Bachelorette is running tonight) would be to live my existence in a Hellraiser (Pinhead!)-like aura in the train. Let them be tormented as I am by their forearm forearm ignorance. Also applies to the gym. Not that I had any visions of getting a hose.

To the fragrance: depilates the conditions west and east. From the carrier. Unless you love the smell of: ATU. Motor oil, which has a small leak in every fourth bottle, Sonax, Nigrin (I can't help it if that's what it's called), the tank, where the greasy tank hoses are the reference and not the minced rolls, entering a garage in winter, stone floor, collar of a leather jacket...musk in the blazing sun while refueling, that's Metal Hurlant. Whereby, this "calculation" doesn't always work out, there are few, who find exactly THAT great (except me, among misantropes at best the equally adjusted partner, you just have to look at it in context, situatively it rarely becomes clear). If you find them, hold them until the eyeballs bleed

Texaco Tankstelle Tübingen 76
Laisse-le hurler, Pierre!
Brummmbrummm
by Achilles
Gasoline pumps through my heart
by KatharinaG
Metal Schrei
by TomLavender
Metall Heulen
by TomLavender
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Pierre Guillaume

Aqaysos by Pierre Guillaume Myrrhiad by Pierre Guillaume 19 Louanges Profanes by Pierre Guillaume Monsieur by Pierre Guillaume 21 Felanilla by Pierre Guillaume 4.1 Le Musc & La Peau by Pierre Guillaume 25 Indochine by Pierre Guillaume 12.1 Un Crime Exotique by Pierre Guillaume 10 Aomassaï by Pierre Guillaume 18 Cadjméré by Pierre Guillaume 8.1 L'Ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume 20 L'Eau Guerrière by Pierre Guillaume Poudre de Riz by Pierre Guillaume Anti-Blues by Pierre Guillaume 02 Cozé by Pierre Guillaume Ambre Céruléen by Pierre Guillaume 9.1 Komorebi by Pierre Guillaume 14 Iris Oriental / Iris Taizo by Pierre Guillaume 11 Harmatan Noir by Pierre Guillaume 13 Brûlure de Rose by Pierre Guillaume